• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

zferolie

Smash Hero
Yeah but given the ballot we had, I think out of all GS characters Isaac was the one that placed highest.
So I think it will be him tomorrow. But I'd hope for Jenna or Matthew as the AT since I would love Felix as a potential Echo DLC if he isn't a skin already.
Yeah that makes the most sense, but lets play devils advocate, and assume Verge is right. But we can also assume Golden sun had enough fan support to get a rep into the game. Sakurai also may have seen all the complaints about sword users, and may not want to add another one, so he looks into the series and sees who doesn't use a sword but is popular. Jenna seems to be the most popular non sword user, heck she had her own battle theme in the games, and was playable before felix in the sequel. Add to the fact that we don't have a pure mage battle type in the game, and Sakurai may have went thought route, but made Isaac an AT due to him being the main character.

Again, just theory crafting and would make sense if Verge is right but we are still getting an Rep from the series. I personally would love either, but playing as a pure mage sounds more fun(even robin while they may have mage specials still fights with a sword, would be interesting for a pure magic character). But whatever the case we will find out tommorow

Y'know. I find that funny. Because Verge is the one doing the Mic-drop gif after saying that Isaac's an AT.

Yet wasn't he the one that told Gamefaqs that we shouldn't underestimate golden sun? And that it's "more important to Nintendo than most people think."

Yet from this post, you would these were 2 completely different people saying these statements.

I find this fishy, even if it isn't concrete evidence against him.
More credence to my theory I feel. Sakurai didn't want another sword user as people complain about having too many, so he puts the secondary lead from both Original games Jenna in instead, but keeps Isaac as an AT for the classic

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
The biggest thing preventing me from believing any of the insiders: how the actual **** does someone manage to fake something like the grinch leak? If this thing is fake I'm gonna be mind blown that someone was able to fabricate all of this

Last edited:

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
Guys, don't listen to him.

I may not have played Golden Sun, but I know you guys have been waiting fo r him for a LONG time.

I've been watching you guys since Day 1 of Smash Speculation during Smash 4. You guys have suffered enough, you deserve your character, and don't let some clown who's guessing the roster and just got lucky on some.

Remember, he claimed King K. Rool wasn't gonna make it. He never mentioned Daisy, Chrom, Dark Samus, or Richter. - Afro

TheSpaceKing12

Banned via Warnings
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
I actually went through all his recent posts on reseteera. Someone is lying. He never said that, or if he did, he deleted It. But that doesn’t work because to my knoledge he almost never deletes posts.

Anyways about ZhurgeEX, that guy is basically never wrong with his insider claims. He’s gotten absolutely crazy things Right months, and even years in advanced. So the fact that he hasn’t said that, means we’re still in the running. He’s the only one in the bunch with a squeaky clean record. I’m not giving up until he personally messsages me, “yo looser, he’s not in the game”

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
More credence to my theory I feel. Sakurai didn't want another sword user as people complain about having too many, so he puts the secondary lead from both Original games Jenna in instead, but keeps Isaac as an AT for the classic
Sorry, but Jenna isn't getting in over Isaac, sword or no sword. lol.

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
Honestly i’m sill dumbfounded, after a week of the Grinch Leak going un-contested. These “insiders” decide that now, a day before the direct, that “Nah B they’re Assist Trophies :3”

Something is up, they’re beint false information, or they’re just trying to deny that its real.

Isaac has been highly requested since Brawl Golden Sun music has been in both Brawl and Smash 4 so the dev teams knows what Golden Sun is, the mysterious item, the trademark...brining him back as an AT would honestly cause more chaos, we’re not loud, but we’re still vocal. Sakurai and co. knows we exist, they know Isaacs fan demand. It would be bring him back, but only as an AT.

Bladebreaker

Smash Cadet
Personally, being an AT is almost worse than being a no-show. At least not being in the base game means DLC is a possibility. Being an AT means that's it.

Of course, that presumes Sakurai wouldn't turn an AT into a playable character. While it has never happened, there's no rule that says it has to be that way. I still think the possibility is low.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Y'know. I find that funny. Because Verge is the one doing the Mic-drop gif after saying that Isaac's an AT.

Yet wasn't he the one that told Gamefaqs that we shouldn't underestimate golden sun? And that it's "more important to Nintendo than most people think."

Yet from this post, you would these were 2 completely different people saying these statements.

I find this fishy, even if it isn't concrete evidence against him.
After so long you'd think he'd have something more substantial to leak from this direct. Triple down on Incineroar, reinforce the Square rep being Geno (since everyone is saying this name now), but nope apparently Isaac being an assist trophy is the hottest piece of info he could find. Yeah it comes off more as a last minute jab especially given the thread he posted it in.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I have no doubt he had some info. He definitely knew what was going on at E3, but post E3 it’s been rather vague. And despite him being vague he’s always had an air of cockiness about him that gets on my nerves. Especially with everyone and their mother eating up what he says even tho he’s not even really saying anything.

Post E3 What has he gotten right? Simon. Isabelle.

Didn’t know about Richter (although he backpedaled hard and said he did know about him, just didn’t mention him because all he knew were voice lines or some crap... you’d think you’d still mention that as a leaker), Chrom, Dark Samus or K Rool.

And now all of a sudden he comes out of ****ing nowhere, points a sniper scope in our direction and with no other info about the direct, pulls the trigger. No. I’ll belive it with my own eyes thank you very much.
And technically Stealth knew about Simon a whole week before Verge so.....just Isabelle. And also 2 other people had said Ridley foe the 1st Direct before he did so...just everybody is here and Isabelle. Everything else he stole or missed.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Honestly i’m sill dumbfounded, after a week of the Grinch Leak going un-contested. These “insiders” decide that now, a day before the direct, that “Nah B they’re Assist Trophies :3”

Something is up, they’re beint false information, or they’re just trying to deny that its real.

Isaac has been highly requested since Brawl Golden Sun music has been in both Brawl and Smash 4 so the dev teams knows what Golden Sun is, the mysterious item, the trademark...brining him back as an AT would honestly cause more chaos, we’re not loud, but we’re still vocal. Sakurai and co. knows we exist, they know Isaacs fan demand. It would be bring him back, but only as an AT.
I will not believe for even a second that that will be Isaacs fate. He has to be playable this time. He has to.

Last edited:

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
Additionally, if everyone is so sure that Incineroar is definitely 100% in the base roster. Why didn’t the Grinch Leak show him? You’d think if this was fake that a Incineroar would definitely be in the Grinch Leak, but no. I’m starting to think my theory might actually be correct and that Incineroar is bait. Its just all too suspicious.

Literally every insider:“Fire Tiger in Smash :^| “
“But he’s not on the Grinch Leak, wouldnt Incineroar be in the leak?”
Insiders:“...”
Insiders: “>:^| Leak Fake”

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Gonna be very, very emotional here. I write with tears in my eyes.

Given Verge's credibility. This is a hard de-confirmation. No trolling, No Mathew, no secret surprise by insiders to have us blown away. None of that Bull****. It's over. Look out ourselves. We were given a second chance at LIFE. We got cut from the assist roster. We campaigned for the ballot. But it was all for nothing! We spent this whole launch cycle talking about how F****** ensured he was after Ridley. And after K rool. We NEVER looked at the bigger picture. The truth is...WE. NEVER. HAD. A. CHANCE! I'm saying this with tears in by eyes. But look at the view count of this thread. 200. That's right, a "major" character just got deconfirmed and only 200 showed up.

The bigger truth is. We're the only one's that cared. As far as the media is concerned this "Victory" should be amazing to all 200 golden sun fans left in the world. Why is that all the videos on youtube would always prop up Geno, K rool, and Ridley? Never touching Isaac? Because, as far as they're concerned we're ants. 890,000 views? 28,500 reply's? Doesn't matter to them. NEVER mattered to them. "It's an anime JRPG character" they said. No one ever talked about him out of this group. So here we are again. Forced to accept our fates kicking and screaming. We never had a platform to present ourselves from. We never had someone before Billy to prove we exist. So...no wonder the worst comes....

I'll go down with the ship. It's been an honor.
Alright, here is what all Verge has gotten right....you ready....Isabelle...halfway!
I know everybody gasp. He stole Ridley from 2 other leakers, missed everybody is here, missed the echoes, missed K. Rool, and then got Isabelle...but said she is an echo when in fact she was a semi-clone. So why do you think he is credible exactly? I see no evidence of it and he didn't steal Isaac being deconfirmed from anybody else that we know of so odds are not in his favor.

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
Additionally, if everyone is so sure that Incineroar is definitely 100% in the base roster. Why didn’t the Grinch Leak show him? You’d think if this was fake that a Incineroar would definitely be in the Grinch Leak, but no. I’m starting to think my theory might actually be correct and that Incineroar is bait. Its just all too suspicious.

If I made such a good leak I'd also go against leaker's stuff to be honest, specially when it's incineroar, who I don't like x) That doesn't really prove anything.

I guess people who don't trust that Vergeben has real insider information hasn't been following closely and long enough. I really hope he loses the credibility being wrong about Isaac tho, of course, but I have no reason to really believe that.

TheSpaceKing12

Banned via Warnings
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Personally, being an AT is almost worse than being a no-show. At least not being in the base game means DLC is a possibility. Being an AT means that's it.

Of course, that presumes Sakurai wouldn't turn an AT into a playable character. While it has never happened, there's no rule that says it has to be that way. I still think the possibility is low.
I predict this DLC cycle will last 4 years at bare minimum. And I expect batches of characters by the season. Given the Waluigi outcry, and how many people heard it. As well as the smaller, but still noticeable outcry for Ashley. I’d be utterly shocked if assists didn’t get promotions. In Isaac’s case, if he’s an assist, remodel the produced trophy into Matthew. Then make Isaac playable.

Or, if all else fails. It’ll be an Android 17 situation in DBFZ, Where he is implemented as a character via dlc. But his design is his adult look. This would mirror 17 in DBFZ, where instead of his iconic DBZ look, which was wasted in a secondary character, they used his newer DBS look. Not the same situation exactly but it’s what I expect, should the worst happen

zferolie

Smash Hero
Sorry, but Jenna isn't getting in over Isaac, sword or no sword. lol.
Probably not, just spitballing here.

Well if the gringe leak is based on that chadendorf leak, and both were the same person, then that would explain it

777Laser

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't make sense to not have already revealed his AT to us, while showing off an item and Sakurai tweeting about his games.

Maybe he was AT earlier on in development but got promoted. Insiders probably have outdated information because recent event don't correlate.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Someone link to where ZHugeEx said specifically that Isaac is an AT. I want to see it for myself.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Why would AT's be on the banner? It just doesn't make any sense to put AT's on a banner with full on playables.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Man, I was hoping to have The Lost Age finished before the next Direct airs, but that's not looking very likely. Well, that's what I get for working so much, I suppose.

I'm doing my best to get as far as I can before tomorrow, because I'm certain Issac is playable. I just got Piers ship back and I'm on my way to Lemuria (after I do a few sidequests).

At the very least, this game will be beaten before Ultimate comes out.

Regardless, Issac is in. I can feel it, like Psynergy through my bones, and he's gonna be a blast to play.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Man, this thread is a roller coaster to read. Every other page is a paradigm shift in our outlook on the game.

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
I predict this DLC cycle will last 4 years at bare minimum. And I expect batches of characters by the season. Given the Waluigi outcry, and how many people heard it. As well as the smaller, but still noticeable outcry for Ashley. I’d be utterly shocked if assists didn’t get promotions. In Isaac’s case, if he’s an assist, remodel the produced trophy into Matthew. Then make Isaac playable.
4 years of DLC is not realistic. At that point it's 6 years of Switch. At most we'll get 2 and a half.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
I'm wondering something...

If Isaac get in as a playable character in Ultimate, I know this thread is gonna explode with joy.

However... Do you think people will support Felix/Matthew to be an echo of Isaac?
Honestly, if Isaac's inclusion have a big enough impact, it would'nt surprise me that Sakurai could throw Felix/Matthew as DLC to help even more Golden Sun.

spaceperson741

Smash Cadet
Whatever happens, I just hope this doesn't have the same aftermath as Waluigi's AT reveal did. I love this community, and I would hate for it to turn toxic just because Isaac is an AT.

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice
Rhythm Heaven and Golden Sun have been thrown around so many rumors and leaks and speculation, maybe tomorrow is the day we cement ourselves in Smash.

LETS HOPE OUR GOLDEN HAIRED SWORDSMAN GETS IN
DC72B981-920C-4C77-98CA-B7BF0B2EDDA9.jpeg

- Chorus Kids Supporter

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that makes the most sense, but lets play devils advocate, and assume Verge is right. But we can also assume Golden sun had enough fan support to get a rep into the game. Sakurai also may have seen all the complaints about sword users, and may not want to add another one, so he looks into the series and sees who doesn't use a sword but is popular. Jenna seems to be the most popular non sword user, heck she had her own battle theme in the games, and was playable before felix in the sequel. Add to the fact that we don't have a pure mage battle type in the game, and Sakurai may have went thought route, but made Isaac an AT due to him being the main character.

Again, just theory crafting and would make sense if Verge is right but we are still getting an Rep from the series. I personally would love either, but playing as a pure mage sounds more fun(even robin while they may have mage specials still fights with a sword, would be interesting for a pure magic character). But whatever the case we will find out tommorow

Jenna can equip swords and uses fire, a combination already used by 3 FE characters if we count Robin, which is much less unique. And I doubt Sakurai would care about the amount of sword fighters, and even if he did, both of them can use other types of weapons.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Some food for thought

Thinking back all the way to March, I noticed with each Direct with Smash. It has been more bold and daring than the last

March: Announced the game with Inklings. Hiding it as a Splatoon announcement
June: Everyone is here! Ridley too!
August: Castlevania, King K Rool, Monster Hunter, Shovel Knight and the Ballot confirmed to be driving the roster. And then the rest!
September: For the first time, not only was Smash used to promote Animal Crossing but confirmed to have hinted Luigi's Mansion 3 in August. This is a big deal!
October: Nothing (A break!)
November: ???

This is telling me they are not done yet. In fact they are just getting started. As with each Smash Direct, the time allocated is getting larger too.

Last edited:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
I've just accepted that they'll never do anything with it again.

You guys have potential...you guys have hope. You guys have a light at the end of the tunnel. You have a end to this 8-12 year train ride

I have no hope where I'm going. I'll still be going....for weeks, months, years, decades, there's no answer for me. And probably never will.

GS will return. And it's because the fanbase is still alive and well...

And vocal.
I know you’re a big F Zero fan, but dammit I will drag you to fight this with us if I have to. You keep saying “you guys”. As far as I’m concerned, you’re one of us, Xeno.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Jenna can equip swords and uses fire, a combination already used by 3 FE characters if we count Robin, which is much less unique. And I doubt Sakurai would care about the amount of sword fighters, and even if he did, both of them can use other types of weapons.
Really? Huh, i thought she used staffs... its been way too long since I played the series :(

PurpleStrings16

Smash Cadet
I’m confident in Isaac.

Don’t be harsh on yourselves. You’ve done well up to this point. Coming from a Banjo fan, someone who literally cannot even imagine a faithful readaption of the character they want the most anymore, I have the greatest feeling for Isaac and Geno tomorrow.

Tomorrow may not be my day, and that is okay. I have had plenty of those. However, you all should celebrate. Theorize what you want to see in Golden Sun representation rather than unnerve yourselves because another text leaker said another haphazard line with vague sourcing *again*.

I think good things are coming for the Golden Boy tomorrow. I want to join you all on the hype train!

Last edited:

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Really? Huh, i thought she used staffs... its been way too long since I played the series :(
She can equipment Light Swords, Rods, Staves and Wands. Isaac can use Light and Heavy Swords, Axes (my preference for Smash) and Maces.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
She can use light blades in addition to staves.
Well I feel stupid. COuld Isaac equip more then swords?

EDIT:

She can equipment Light Swords, Rods, Staves and Wands. Isaac can use Light and Heavy Swords, Axes (my preference for Smash) and Maces.
Yeah, Ax's could be cool and different.

I'm just trying to figure out there is a way that Isaac is an AT and we still get a GS rep. I guess Matthew is the more likely option. who knows.

Lol maybe the Djin itself are playable

Last edited:

GoldenBoy01

Smash Rookie
Don't know if it was said or not, but GX had a discussion predicting the direct, and their behavior is so suspicious. They dismissed the Grinch leak, and tried to almost predict the opposite of it. The way all the insiders are acting is really fishy...

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I don't think he's as confident about Minecraft content anymore either.
Confidence doesn't factor at all when it comes to people who claim to have "insider" information. Someone who actually has legit sources would not be so shaky in what is provided to them.

Nonetheless, I'm just glad he's being honest about these things. It's a good change of pace. Now if only he would watch his words a bit and try to avoid his rants, it'd be even better(not that I can blame him for getting fed up).
Yet he has not given us a reason how this is coming directly from him and not just something he claims to be a "source".

Note: If Vergeben and other "insiders" cannot trust the information given to them why should I trust the information they send to us?

Also look at how many "insiders" are presenting their information:

1541014654823.png

No mention on who is fake in the banner and what "multiple characters are missing". Nor does it mention which Assist Trophies were confused for playable characters.

They demand we trust them without them even giving us the full roster. Someone who is an actual "insider" would not be second guessing themselves and would have no problem delivering the full roster.

But what about other "insiders" confirming what other "insiders" have claimed? Well:

1541014961983.png

It amounts to: "You gotta trust me bro it is fake.", no statements, reasons or which characters would prove the Grinch Leak to be false.
If they are not going to present us with reasons why we should trust them at their word, then why should we trust them?

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
-The drums of hype are beating, no insider can be trusted.
*slam*
-What happened to Vergeben?
- I put poison on his sources.
:joyful:

Top Bottom