• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
I’m sure Billybae10K Billybae10K will stream it on his YouTube channel. But this server will be nice post direct for us to hang.
Yup, I'll be streaming it over on my Twitch channel since I'm not a fan of Youtube's streaming setup. It's gonna be a fun ride.

Well while I see this argument and see it's potential.

There is still Gardevoir, Saki, Sable Prince, Kat & Ana, Dillon, Excitebiker, and plenty more in both Pokemon and Assist Trophy territory missing.

Goodness, I didn't realize there was as many still missing as there is! Did we get a final count of the ATs? I recall that at some point, a # being thrown around. Why are so many of our babies missing? :O
From what I recall, we're meant to be getting 50+ Assist Trophies in Ultimate and we've had 40 revealed so far. So we've got between 11 and 19 assist trophies potentially still to be revealed. That's a lot of numbers, I imagine some of them will be returning.

I'm gonna be very blunt. But most of you all are not trying to even hope.

You have all these hints, and all these factors you can consider. Verge might be one obstacle, but he's an obstacle that's possible to overcome.

The possibility of Isaac being in Smash is a lot more likely than it's ever been. Even if you guys don't want to believe any of the evidence, it's better to at least hope that he's in. The isaac fans at least have it better than the F-Zero fans, who have nothing to go off of at This point.

You all told me that I should be more positive when we were at our lowest back in September. But people should take that's advice too. If anything, negativity makes this thread become more depressed to be in. It's not healthy for a thread like this.

So if nothing else, Positivity is the thing we should spread. Not negativity.
Yes Xeno! Great to see some positivity in the thread! I may be terrified of Vergeben, but hell am I gonna let that ruin my optimism for Isaac. If he's an AT or not in the game, I'll deal with that tomorrow when the Direct's over. Might have a little cry, but ultimately I'll still be buying this game and get straight into the DLC campaign.

If it comes down to it, I'm happy to use my platform to further spread Isaac across the community in the hopes of a DLC inclusion.

“The Isaac fanbase is used to being disappointed.”-Someone on Reddit
Can't really disagree with this. The Isaac fanbase is used to getting the door slammed on us, both by Smash and by Camelot. At this point, anything is a plus.

Onassi2

Smash Cadet
Why are we trusting Vergeben right now? It’s not like his claim takes anything away from the Grinch leak. All this does is prove that one of them is wrong. This isn’t a game changer.

I’ll take photo evidence that hasn’t been able to be refuted by the Smash community which has historically been able to dismantle leaks within hours over some guy’s word.

There’s more evidence for Isaac than any other character in Ultimate, he’s not going to be an AT.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Why are we trusting Vergeben right now? It’s not like his claim takes anything away from the Grinch leak. All this does is prove that one of them is wrong. This isn’t a game changer.

I’ll take photo evidence that hasn’t been able to be refuted by the Smash community which has historically been able to dismantle leaks within hours over some guy’s word.

There’s more evidence for Isaac than any other character in Ultimate, he’s not going to be an AT.
Pretty much this. The Smash community is renowned for its pessimistic nature to leaks and debunks them faster than they are made.

I'd trust an unrefuted photo leak over veggie burger any day

D

Deleted member

Why would there be a gs item anyway when he’s an assist it’s imposible and unlikley

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Verg is trying to keep his name relevant for one more day, let him have it.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
If these banner characters are assists instead of DLC or base it would suck.

This would leave barely any room for Nintendo characters to be dlc. Candidates left are Bandana Dee, Dixie, Edelgard, new Gen pokemon, and Rex or Elma, that's it. The rest would be an overabundance of 3rd parties

D

Deleted member

This would leave barely any room for Nintendo characters to be dlc. Candidates left are Bandana Dee, Dixie, Edelgard, new Gen pokemon, and Rex or Elma, that's it. The rest would be an overabundance of 3rd parties
I would even have to cancel my preorder because of this:(

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
I will just say one thing about the Grinch leak. I'm not sure what I believe anymore, but I still don't understand why all these insiders reacted with anger at this one specific leak. Especially Gamexplain releasing a video just saying "it's fake because it is" and tweeting passive aggressively about it. I don't get it. It feels like this rumour is touching some nerves among insiders and yet they've discussed tons of fake leaks over the years, presumably also knowing they were fake or partially wrong, but it seems like this one in particular is for some reason making them angry.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace

We're winding down, Issac supporters! Best of luck to you all tomorrow! We're rooting for you! Keep expectations low and hopes high!

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I will just say one thing about the Grinch leak. I'm not sure what I believe anymore, but I still don't understand why all these insiders reacted with anger at this one specific leak. Especially Gamexplain releasing a video just saying "it's fake because it is" and tweeting passive aggressively about it. I don't get it. It feels like this rumour is touching some nerves among insiders and yet they've discussed tons of fake leaks over the years, presumably also knowing they were fake or partially wrong, but it seems like this one in particular is for some reason making them angry.
My thoughts exactly, the grinch leak led to very unexpected reactions.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Just because a series has an item does not mean that its getting a character.
The door is over there. Please see yourself out.
He has a point thought. We used to have Animal Crossing fully repped via stage and an item, but no character playable in sight. Stay civil here, please.

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Why would there be a gs item anyway when he’s an assist it’s imposible and unlikley
Just because a series has an item does not mean that its getting a character.
It’s definitely not impossible. In Brawl, Animal Crossing had an item, and a stage, and an assist, and many trophies, without a playable character. There is a precedent for it.

However, I highly doubt they would do this for Isaac. Why pull out an obscure “item” from a rather irrelevant game, and completely ignore the character from the same game that people have been begging to be playable for years? That’s silly.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
You can leave
The door is over there. Please see yourself out.
You guys need to chill.

Being prepared for the worst isn't a bad thing.

As a reminder, the same thing happened in 4 Wii U/3DS with people saying series that had Smash Run enemies were basically confirmed to have characters for their respective series (Ice Climber had Polar Bear, Rhythm Heaven had Sneaky Spirit, etc.).

Things are obviously different now, but that doesn't mean we should kick out everyone that's being cautious this time around. We'll know everything soon enough.

ProperlyBasic

Smash Rookie
There are a couple of outstanding questions:
1. If Isaac gets a trailer will anyone die? If so, who?
2. Will he be revealed with his battle theme? Set Sail Through the Karagol Sea? Walking Forward With Determination? What Up Gangsta?

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
I’m falling for and probably thinking too hard into my own theory...cause like, if the leakbait/codename theory is true, then why Incineroar?

Same reason the Gematsu leak said Chrom was going to be in Smash 4 (besides outdated information.) Fan Expectation; We’ve gotten a pokemon rep every game, and usually an eventual pokemon (Mewtwo, Lucario) or a starter. Of course fans were expecting Decidueye, so why Incineroar? My theory is they never actually even planned to add a Gen 7 starter, mayhe he didn’t wanna risk it like he did with Greninja, because it definitely seems like Incineroar isn’t that popular. So that’s probably why they choose him, no one was expecting Primarnia, everyone was expecting Decidueye, and Incineroar is the other plasauble choice, but he’s not well liked. Perfect for bait, a pokemon that isn’t that well liked is coming to Smash? That’ll send the fanbase into an uproar, and when that happens they’ll know information got out.

Now of course, there are people that actually like Incineroar, but the amount of negativity towards him seemingly dwarfs that. If Decidueye was used, we’d have another Chrom situation on our hands, because that’s who everyone is expecting. This also lines up with every insider truly believing Incineroar is in the game, but he’s nowhere to be seen on the roster leak. He was bait all along, and we fell for it.

Now honestly this is just a lot of what-ifs, and Im making myself accidentally believe it. Incineroar could very well be in the game and the leak could still be real, but honestly I see it going this way: If we do get a Pokemon rep, Incineroar was used to hide the name of A DLC rep.
I see it being
-Zeraora
-Melmetal
-A unseen Gen 8 Pokemon

Now yeah, again. Just a bunch if “what-ifs”, but in my opinion its plausible and I need a theory to hang into as to why every “insider” truly thinks Beltigre is in the game. Honestly we don’t need another Pokemon tbh, we have 9 and if Chadindorf leak is correct Necrozma is a boss, meaning wheres our Gen 8 representation. I need sleep :^)

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
You guys need to chill.

Being prepared for the worst isn't a bad thing.
While I don't agree with people's treatment of other people who believe in such a depressing scenario, I don't believe that this is the scenario that people should prepare for the worst.

There's hope. There's stuff going for you. There's lots of information out there. That's more than any potential F-Zero has.

Besides, that's just not a healthy way to go. As someone who does it often, it only hurts you more in the long run.

Onassi2

Smash Cadet
Really don’t understand the doom and gloom in here, so I’ll see you all tomorrow after the direct. Best of luck adepts!

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
It will be hard for me if the banner leak is real to hold a "FF- you" to some "leakers" that tried to depress everyone just for fun or "I think this and it's real because I said so". But I would be so happy about Isaac being in that it will just fade out.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero

There are a ton of other properties Nintendo could pull from. ARMS, Zelda, A ton of retro games, and more.

You can leave
I would even have to cancel my preorder because of this:(
You really, REALLY need to tone it down conner. people can say their thoughts, and just because Isaac isn't in is no reason to cancle a game.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
You really, REALLY need to tone it down conner. people can say their thoughts, and just because Isaac isn't in is no reason to cancle a game.
Nintendo has had ample opportunity to stifle this leak. A denial at any point, or asking ACP PLV TI deny it, would have killed the whole thing. If this is fake, Nintendo decided to string us all along. I don’t need to support that.

D

Deleted member

There are a ton of other properties Nintendo could pull from. ARMS, Zelda, A ton of retro games, and more.

V E R G E

S T E V E

zferolie

Smash Hero
Nintendo has had ample opportunity to stifle this leak. A denial at any point, or asking ACP PLV TI deny it, would have killed the whole thing. If this is fake, Nintendo decided to string us all along. I don’t need to support that.
Or nintendo saw no need to even comment on a fake leak. They said nothing about the Ken leak, or any other leak. Nintendo has no need to deny anything.

V E R G E

S T E V E
Verge never said once Steve was playable, only that there was minecraft content in the game somehow. Hell, if could just be part of Build a stage for all we know(minecraft theme parts/design)

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

> No F-Zero character.

Rip.
Yes Xeno! Great to see some positivity in the thread! I may be terrified of Vergeben, but hell am I gonna let that ruin my optimism for Isaac. If he's an AT or not in the game, I'll deal with that tomorrow when the Direct's over. Might have a little cry, but ultimately I'll still be buying this game and get straight into the DLC campaign.
I have enough confidence that the latter scenario won't happen.

Though, it's wierd to say that as someone who's usually negative.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
Verge never said once Steve was playable, only that there was minecraft content in the game somehow. Hell, if could just be part of Build a stage for all we know(minecraft theme parts/design)
When the other ""leaker"" said that Steve was a character Verge automatically replied saying that he supports this without doubting. He never entered in speculation with any other leaker comments except this, iirc.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
V E R G E

S T E V E
All he said is that Steve may be playable(a later statement) and that Minecraft content exists, but he's not sure what it is.

He doesn't have very clear information. But he wasn't given any clear information either. His sources aren't even sure the character is playable. So it's nothing more than a possibility.

I don't know why people are outright spreading incorrect information about his actual wording.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Same reason the Gematsu leak said Chrom was going to be in Smash 4 (besides outdated information.) Fan Expectation; We’ve gotten a pokemon rep every game, and usually an eventual pokemon (Mewtwo, Lucario) or a starter. Of course fans were expecting Decidueye, so why Incineroar? My theory is they never actually even planned to add a Gen 7 starter, mayhe he didn’t wanna risk it like he did with Greninja, because it definitely seems like Incineroar isn’t that popular. So that’s probably why they choose him, no one was expecting Primarnia, everyone was expecting Decidueye, and Incineroar is the other plasauble choice, but he’s not well liked. Perfect for bait, a pokemon that isn’t that well liked is coming to Smash? That’ll send the fanbase into an uproar, and when that happens they’ll know information got out.
I think I read from someone around here that there's been actual memetic posts making fun of Incineroar, related to music videos or something.

Still, the comparisons between Chrom and Incineroar feel eerily similar here now that I think about it.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Final day adepts, I'll reiterate that personally I don't believe a single thing any of these insiders say at all seeing how contradictory they all are towards each other. I'm still a strong believer in the Grinch leak seeing how strong the evidence and circumstances around it are really convincing to me but with or without it Isaac still has a very very strong shot to make it. Anyway regardless of that this could really be the end of our 10 year+ journey which really brings a tear to my eye. If Isaac doesn't make it in don't lose hope, we will keep fighting for his inclusion until he gets it no matter how long it takes. Just have hope in the golden boy

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I really don't care what ends up being true or false at this point. The Grinch Leak, real or fake, isn't going to dampen my experience with this game.

In the event of it being real, great. We get some colossal choices people have been begging for.

If it's not, that's fine. We've already gotten some colossal cherries on the sundae and potentially may get more surpring ones.

All-in-all just keep supporting Isaac if you all want him. Nothing good is ever given from negativity or hostility. You guys managed to make major strides in the community. If Isaac wasn't a big name before, he certainly is now. No matter what, Golden Sun does seem to have a bright future ahead of it now. With or without Smash.

I'm personally on the side of him being real no matter what. Grinch leak or not.

Top Bottom