• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Here's my theory. Assuming Stealth has a nugget of legit information.

Given that Stealth worded that tweet in the way that he did. Isaac is not an assist trophy. He may have a generic regular trophy, maybe a song. But that's it. And if that's the case, the source of this misinformation spreading around internally is that Isaac is going to be among the first DLC characters, if not THE first. A mewtwo style reveal that would get announced at the end of the direct. He'd release sometime early next year. Would be free for anyone who's a nintendo online sub.

That would explain why reports were conflicting. And why Stealth was as careful with his wording as possible. As if Isaac was in fact an assist, I can feel confident that Stealth would NOT have commented on the base roster, in any capacity.

I'm gonna try and get back into contact with Sephazon, and maybe Spawn Wave if he takes DM's. See what these guys have to say. I think it's wise to get a second opinion. I do admit that I panicked when I sent that orignal link. And I apologize for that. But given how hard i've held out for Isaac, how hard we all have honestly, I think it can be understood why I jumped the gun like I did.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
I never thought Isaac was a realizable character to be playable in smash. He was a dream pick and will forever be my most wanted. When smash ultimate got that spotlight and Snake (My Brawl main and 2nd most wanted) was revealed to be a returning veteran I almost broke down. Fast forward to this insane timeline we're riding through and I'm shocked that Isaac could very well be coming to the game.

If he don't get our man in the base roster or at all, I'm still grateful for Snake. What about you guys? Who's the "sloppy seconds" in your book?

spaceperson741

Smash Cadet
In the interest of changing the subject, let's go back to an old chestnut: If Isaac is in the game, what would you like to see included alongside him? Personally, I've got two simple requests: a Golden Sun stage, and for Venus Lighthouse to be one of the tracks for said stage. Additional trinkets like a Felix echo, an assist trophy, or a boss would be nice, but if we get those two things I'll be very happy.
Obviously a few music tracks, and I'd like Venus Lighthouse or Colosso as a stage. I would also like the Djinn to be assist trophies (or a single trophy, with various effects similar to Tingle) or another GS party member. Or, alternatively, Saturos could be an AT.

DCavalier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cavalierredeyes
Switch FC
SW 5638 2481 3507
Just something that might bring a smile to you all.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
I never thought Isaac was a realizable character to be playable in smash. He was a dream pick and will forever be my most wanted. When smash ultimate got that spotlight and Snake (My Brawl main and 2nd most wanted) was revealed to be a returning veteran I almost broke down. Fast forward to this insane timeline we're riding through and I'm shocked that Isaac could very well be coming to the game.

If he don't get our man in the base roster or at all, I'm still grateful for Snake. What about you guys? Who's the "sloppy seconds" in your book?
As for me I still would have Ike (who would've guessed by now), but to me it would be an absolute bumper since I waited as all of you 10 long years to finally get him. And I am as confident as I was since I saw that Isaac still hasn't shown up as an AT in the direct with Simon and there is absolutely no signs of his whereabouts just hints and a yet to be debunked leak.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Calm down people, a single Twitter guy repeats what others have been saying about the leak and we suddenly lose all hope? Come on, now. :rolleyes:

Please keep in mind that:

- The leak hasn't been debunked and evidence for its validity keeps piling up
- Some insiders still support Isaac and some even claim to have heard he's in
- Rathalos tweet happened
- Sakurai said newcomers are based on the ballot, where Isaac surely placed high
- THE FINAL ROSTER HAS NOT BEEN REVEALED

Also...
The hype train started after that stupid tweet and all it did is run into a stupid wall of crap and disappointment. third party crap is all they are care about from here on out.
If, for whatever reason, Isaac ends up not in the roster and THIS is the attitude we take, then he's truly doomed.

On the contrary... if the worst happens, energy and enthusiasm need to be up because we will ABSOLUTELY need to be in the best position to campaign for Isaac as a DLC character HARD.

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Pokemon bandwagon: at #561 I'm currently Sigilyph, which is consistently described in the Pokedex as "the guardians of an ancient city". Turns out I'm from Lemuria, who knew?

(That being said, my number is increasing regularly as supporters join, and if Isaac isn't in the base game it won't be long til I'm in the Kalos Pokedex!)

Famikom

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 0121 6087 2055
hey folks! I’ve been lurking around this thread since ~page 300 (and the boards in general since ~late 2015), and i figured now that Isaac and Geno (my #1 and #4 respectively) have such a high chance at making base it’d be a good time to finally step in to show my support! i’m a bit late if it wasn’t obvious haha...

the enthusiasm that insiders have towards the Grinch Leak being fake lately has been more suspect than disheartening to me. personally i’m fairly confident from what i’ve seen that we have a real leak on our hands— there’s just way too much circumstantial evidence here that would by all means require a great deal of foresight and a 4 digit IQ in order to fake. Consider that new evidence regarding this particular leak comes out seemingly by the hour, and it’s doubtful that any sane leaker would be able to counter this level of scrutiny by the smash community for almost an entire week with zero active input. i don’t plan on changing my stance on the leak until conclusive and widely-accepted evidence of fabrication appears that isn’t just an insider saying “it’s fake because my sources contradict it.” A lot of them seem unwilling to even consider that they may have been given information that is false, outdated, or even plain and simple leak bait, and for that I personally can’t bring myself to trust their word. i’m pretty darn certain that they’re just as in the dark about recent developments as the rest of the community, or in certain cases *tinfoil hat on* trying to cover something BIG up. *tinfoil hat off*

now to clarify— i’m not insisting that this leak is totally un-fakeable. improbable, yes, impractical, absolutely, but not impossible. i’m part of a small community that has been discussing it back and forth for the past 6 days, and this is just my personal conclusion given all the minute details that have cropped up over the leak’s lifespan. i’ll be damned if i’m totally wrong in the end, but by no means will i bear ill will towards members of #teamfake if it ends up being an elaborate hoax, haha.

even if this leak that seems to have revitalized Isaac’s support base turns out fake, I encourage you all to not lose hope on our golden boy so easily! he honestly has a lot of additional evidence going for him and we won’t know definitively that he’s not in the game until Nintendo confirms him to be so! i've got a feeling the sun's just on the horizon right now (゚ω゚;)

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
If somebody could find things that Stealth accurately leaked other than "a DK character", it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
hey folks! I’ve been lurking around this thread since ~page 300 (and the boards in general since ~late 2015), and i figured now that Isaac and Geno (my #1 and #4 respectively) have such a high chance at making base it’d be a good time to finally step in to show my support! i’m a bit late if it wasn’t obvious haha...

the enthusiasm that insiders have towards the Grinch Leak being fake lately has been more suspect than disheartening to me. personally i’m fairly confident from what i’ve seen that we have a real leak on our hands— there’s just way too much circumstantial evidence here that would by all means require a great deal of foresight and a 4 digit IQ in order to fake. Consider that new evidence regarding this particular leak comes out seemingly by the hour, and it’s doubtful that any sane leaker would be able to counter this level of scrutiny by the smash community for almost an entire week with zero active input. i don’t plan on changing my stance on the leak until conclusive and widely-accepted evidence of fabrication appears that isn’t just an insider saying “it’s fake because my sources contradict it.” A lot of them seem unwilling to even consider that they may have been given information that is false, outdated, or even plain and simple leak bait, and for that I personally can’t bring myself to trust their word. i’m pretty darn certain that they’re just as in the dark about recent developments as the rest of the community, or in certain cases *tinfoil hat on* trying to cover something BIG up. *tinfoil hat off*

now to clarify— i’m not insisting that this leak is totally un-fakeable. improbable, yes, impractical, absolutely, but not impossible. i’m part of a small community that has been discussing it back and forth for the past 6 days, and this is just my personal conclusion given all the minute details that have cropped up over the leak’s lifespan. i’ll be damned if i’m totally wrong in the end, but by no means will i bear ill will towards members of #teamfake if it ends up being an elaborate hoax, haha.

even if this leak that seems to have revitalized Isaac’s support base turns out fake, I encourage you all to not lose hope on our golden boy so easily! he honestly has a lot of additional evidence going for him and we won’t know definitively that he’s not in the game until Nintendo confirms him to be so! i've got a feeling the sun's just on the horizon right now (゚ω゚;)
^This

"Pull together, Not apart."

Ookami Ryo

Smash Rookie
In the interest of changing the subject, let's go back to an old chestnut: If Isaac is in the game, what would you like to see included alongside him? Personally, I've got two simple requests: a Golden Sun stage, and for Venus Lighthouse to be one of the tracks for said stage. Additional trinkets like a Felix echo, an assist trophy, or a boss would be nice, but if we get those two things I'll be very happy.

Felix as an Echo and Alex or Saturos as AT the stage could be Venus or Mars Lighthouse

DogManStar

Smash Ace
If somebody could find things that Stealth accurately leaked other than a DK character, it would be greatly appreciated.
I believe he was also responsible for Simon. Vergeben took credit though, from what I can tell.

I don't know what to think about these insiders. They all have pretty good track records and some credibility, but the way everyone's acting about this leak is incredibly suspicious. I'm not going to say that Isaac is all but confirmed like some people have, but it seems pretty likely. I really doubt that Incineroar is in at this point. I think the insiders were fed false information on that character and honestly I think people are being shut up when it comes to talking about this leak. I know people don't like that conspiracy theory or whatever they'll call it but I don't think it's out of the question.

Eagle

Smash Lord
Reset Era seems to think these are the last characters.
Elma
Sora
Ken
Incinroar
Shadow

However, I saw comments suggesting that fan's over there have a tendancy to flip flop back and forth between Isaac and Geno, and Sora and Elma. The general consensus seems mixed.

It worth noting that I privately talked with Sephazon on Discord the other day. He told me that the leak was fake, but that people who said it was fake were almost unnaturally enthusiastic about that fact. Suggesting something is seriously up behind the scenes.
Good God these newcomers freakin' suuuck compared to the grinch leak. If this is what we end up with I'll be wishing the Grinch leak never happened because my hopes and dreams would have gone from 200% to -300%.

DCavalier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cavalierredeyes
Switch FC
SW 5638 2481 3507
Talking about things Golden Sun.
Which songs would you like to have in the game ?

I personally would choose:
- Venus Lighthouse
- Vs Saturos and Menardi
- The coliseum battle theme
- The karagol sea
- Standard Golden Sun Battle Theme
- Jenna's Battle Theme
- Boat Battle Theme
- Both standard Overworld themes
- The lost age second Overworld theme
- Alhafra ?

Those of the top of my head and please don't butcher me if I misspelled some names.

EDIT: **Dunno if this is allowed

But here

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Well now stealth is saying that what he said is just his opinion on the leak so like yeah, there's that

It would suck to have to deal with all the hate he's getting though

Talking about things Golden Sun.
Which songs would you like to have in the game ?

I personally would choose:
- Venus Lighthouse
- Vs Saturos and Menardi
- The coliseum battle theme
- The karagol sea
- Standard Golden Sun Battle Theme
- Jenna's Battle Theme
- Boat Battle Theme
- Both standard Overworld themes
- The lost age second Overworld theme
- Alhafra ?

Those of the top of my head and please don't butcher me if I misspelled some names.
pretty much the same list for me, just add the fusion dragon/dullahan theme and the linked battle theme

oh and some of the gems from dark dawn, like the first boss theme

Last edited:

Famikom

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 0121 6087 2055
The usual suggestion-- Venus Lighthouse as stage representation and a handful of music tracks to go with it (Saturos Theme and Venus Lighthouse are two musts), and Saturos as a possible boss fight would also be a sweet bonus. As adamantly as I've supported Isaac, I like Felix as a protagonist slightly more, so getting him as an echo would be super neat. I also really want another remix of Felix's theme, curious as to whether or not it can top Brawl's version.

EDIT: Make that boss fight Saturos AND Menardi for extra points, Sakurai.

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
It worth noting that I privately talked with Sephazon on Discord the other day. He told me that the leak was fake, but that people who said it was fake were almost unnaturally enthusiastic about that fact. Suggesting something is seriously up behind the scenes.
This is what gets me every time. Hearing somebody say this out loud sounds alarm bells in my head. Something strange is in this neighborhood, and we ain't got the Ghostbusters to get to the bottom of it.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
None of you should feel disheartened from insider comments at all, the way they've all been acting has been really suspect to me and they have only a track record that is sometimes right and sometimes wrong to back them up. In this case they just are completely unconvincing to me and haven't given me any incentive to believe them. The Grinch leak has so much evidence backing it up with weak unconvincing counterarguments that people have made against it which is is how I see it. Grinch leak or not I still think Isaac has a damn good shot regardless of it. The mission to get Isaac in Smash ends when he is actually in Smash no matter how long it takes. We've been on this journey for over a decade, and we should fight for our happy ending

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Stage Ideas:
Vale w/ Boulder
Tolbi Fountain
The Second Floor of that Inn with the Bandits wandering around trying to not get surrounded
Madra Jail Cell

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
What a crock of ****.

If you claim the leak is fake, you better tell me who you are accusing of being the ****ing Batman, because that's the only person who could pull of a fake with that many specific details.

link3710

Smash Cadet
Well if Isaac gets in I'd like to see.

AT: Mia or Jenna
Echo: Felix
Stage: Any of the lighthouses really, but it's gotta be a lighthouse
Item: Well we already have growth psynergy, but I'd like to see Lift or Move if we have other psynergy items.
Music: Tunnel Ruins definitely comes to mind.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Man I just want this whole thing done because the speculation scene has gone downhill FAST.
I still prefer this over the box theory.
Venus Lighthouse or something tournament legal, stages than represent well a game are nice but I'd rather see stages from franchises I like on tournaments. Felix costume/echo, one of the summons as an AT, Dullahan as a Boss, the Punch Ant if there's generic enemies in Spirits.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Sorry if this is off topic, but what are everyone's opinions about the remix we got in brawl?
It was good then but it could be more even now I think it was good for the time but I wanna hear some other composers who aren't the original do something with it

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
There actually may be 9 characters rather than 7.

Skull kid maybe... and someone between Shiek, Diddy, Luigi, and Ken.

KOS MOS?...

View attachment 173358
It seems plausible based on the fact that Shiek is further to the left from Ken. Why is this? Unless there is something to show off. I don't know if this was discussed earlier in the thread at all, but it's something to think about.
Nope, those are clouds you are confusing for Kos-mos.

And that's mach rider's engine on his bike.

I outlined it earlier

Top Bottom