• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
OK, so it seems that company has printed game stuff, got shown on the Banjo thread that they made Assassin creedy unity promotional stuff. We still have no idea if they worked with nintendo or Bamco.

But just think about it. If this leak is true, He is fired and sued, but not only that, The company itself is sued, and they probably lose any chance of ever getting hired again, thus going out of business.

Would an employee be such an ******* to ruin a company and leave all its workers out of a job and just laugh saying **** nintendo in their snapchat?
Well you're presuming this was an intentional leak, it sounds more like he was careless and then a friend leaked it over snapchat. That said there are certainly people who could do something like that......not many but I wouldn't call it impossible by any stretch.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Can I just say even if the leak is fake and Isaac isn't in, this has been the best "Isaac For Smash" journey I have ever had. I am 100% supporting Isaac for Smash 6 if he makes it. Let the journey continue forever!

Q-Long

Smash Lord
i don't remember, he was just worried about his family if i recall seeing a post from him.

also thats true, I feel for small businesses, but just because youre a worker in a small business doesnt mean you are loyal to your company

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Well, now that all the nonsense of that leak is over (And it was always nonsense despite how much my heart yearned for it, there was way too many inconsistencies at play and seven big character reveals just felt like a couple two many for the end of this hype cycle). We're back to regular speculation and anxiety because Sakurai and Nintendo keep dragging their feet on revealing stuff. I know that's pretty standard fare at this point, but there's a fervor for Smash because of this leak that hopefully encourages a Direct to finally happen next week.

The way I see it, we basically have four scenarios left for major character reveals:
1. General Direct and Smash Direct - The best timeline is the one I'll start with. The General Direct seems to have some rumblings of maybe happening, so perhaps Nintendo gives us one before the final Smash Direct. In this scenario, we get a new character reveal during the General Direct, and two character reveals like in August for the final Smash Direct.
2. General Direct and Smash Direct 2: Disappointing Edition - Character reveal in the general Direct, and only one character reveal for the final Smash Direct.
3. Just the Smash Direct - We get an opening newcomer and a closing newcomer.
4. The Worst Timeline: Smash Direct - We only get one character trailer in the final Smash Direct.

That's what I see for character trailers. I suspect we may get another final Echo fighter section, but if they're third party Echo fighters involved, Sakurai may end up giving them a full on trailer further leading to a worst timeline scenario where we have few (or maybe even one unique newcomer). At the absolute best I say we end up with three places for unique newcomers to be revealed. At worst, there is just the one newcomer left. I don't actually believe any characters are locks, so any of these spots could belong to anyone. My biggest personal fear is Sakurai really only has one unique newcomer left and it's a bloody Pokemon. Pokemon is popular, but I don't think there's a more jarring failure of the Smash hype train than that as the final reveal.

Let's hope that's not the case. But I really think these are the opportunities we have left for unique newcomer reveals and we need to be mindful of that reality.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
I don't agree with this... If Sakurai said "we don't have much more to show..." but then shows 7 characters he will make A LOT of people happy and it would be a unexpected end.

If they say "we have a lot of characters" , people will start thinking that even 15 characters are left.... if they end showing only 7 they'll make a lot of people angry. It's all about marketing.

If you're seriously thinking people (at least) here is acting only driven by the desire of Isaac in smash.... you maybe don't know where you are, because this is not GameFaqs or 4chan.

For example, I would love Isaac being in Smash, and Skull Kid and Banjo so this leak is a totally 100% great one for me, but I'm not sure if it's real due:
1- No official confirmation
2- No real proofs
3- Some details that make it looks fake
4- The HUGE legal consequences for the leaker and the company.

But it's true that if it's a fake one, it's the most elaborated one ever. So that's what is strange, too elaborated (and I'm not talking just the blurry image).

Assuming "you can only the leak is false if you think objectively and not driven by bias" is something that belongs to 4chan or GameFaqs, not here.
Skull Kid isn't there.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
I don't want this leak to be clarified until the Smash Direct. I'm utterly BORED of the "we will have a direct announced today?" everyday, I just want it to be announced and get hyped but I'm just beyond mad and tired of what Nintendo is doing with the smash news. I know it's my fault but even so....

EDIT: Bobthealligator Bobthealligator yeah, I mean I would be really happy if it just ends being Banjo and Isaac,...I would love SK in a dlc tho

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Well, now that all the nonsense of that leak is over (And it was always nonsense despite how much my heart yearned for it, there was way too many inconsistencies at play and seven big character reveals just felt like a couple two many for the end of this hype cycle). We're back to regular speculation and anxiety because Sakurai and Nintendo keep dragging their feet on revealing stuff.
The leak was debunked? When did I miss this?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
All it proves is the guy printed this stuff out at work. We don't know if he did this for fun, or was an actual thing the company is working on. I don't even know if this company has any ties to the game industry itself
Did some thinking about this last night, and this is what convinced me it's real.

This sort of thing is not a one person job at that company.

A graphics artist in charge of arranging them would not likely also be the person involved in printing and shaping the pieces. This is something done by a company for a reason. We already know the guy works there, which "explains" his use of professional materials. Except it doesn't.

He's unlikely to have brought in hoax files from outside. There's usually at least an IT security checkpoint required for external drives, which would scan for suspicious files (bringing something like that HOME would be absolutely out of the question), and it would likely catch external file usage. So it would likely be developed entirely at the company. On company time. With company assets. That are probably monitored (though this sort of usage would probably get past the monitoring, TBH).

Yeah, that's a MASSIVE ethics breach. And very, VERY traceable.

But then, after he finished his image, what then? As a graphics artist, most of what he created would be okayed by someone else before being printed. He likely doesn't have print access himself (and everything printed by a specialty printer like that would also be monitored and that probably WOULD catch a new file being uploaded).

It just seems way too contrived for this to be set up by a single person. And multiple people from a company working towards it seems incredibly unlikely. We know the guy worked there (thanks to the denial message from his past work history), so that's valid.

And someone showing something he shouldn't have to a friend seems way more likely. Especially since I know that happens under NDA. It just doesn't usually get leaked like this.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I don't want this leak to be clarified until the Smash Direct. I'm utterly BORED of the "we will have a direct announced today?" everyday, I just want it to be announced and get hyped but I'm just beyond mad and tired of what Nintendo is doing with the smash news. I know it's my fault but even so....

EDIT: Bobthealligator Bobthealligator yeah, I mean I would be really happy if it just ends being Banjo and Isaac,...I would love SK in a dlc tho
If I may chip in, I do Nintendo Direct statistics as hobby so I am able to give realistic views and the likelihood of a Nintendo Direct being in October passed yesterday (24th).

As for November, there are a few dates you should put in your calendar as likely dates 6th, 7th (Most Likely), 8th and 13th. It could also be the 1st but that is less likely.

Assuming Nintendo honors their own trends regarding a November Direct

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
If I may chip in, I do Nintendo Direct statistics as hobby so I am able to give realistic views and the likelihood of a Nintendo Direct being in October passed yesterday (24th).

As for November, there are a few dates you should put in your calendar as likely dates 6th, 7th (Most Likely), 8th and 13th. It could also be the 1st but that is less likely.

Assuming Nintendo honors their own trends regarding a November Direct
Yeah I'm into the second week of November. I'm sure it will be there.... maybe 7th-8th I think.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
As an additional point, the blurred nature of it makes it MORE viable, not less.

See, normally a fake picture is made, then blurred to obscure details.

But this wasn't a picture. It was a Snapchat video. Which means that the blur was produced by the camera, not imposed on the leak afterward.

This means that the quality would actually have to be much HIGHER, in case the camera focused on the wrong thing and caught more details than the leaker was prepared for.

Remember ArtsyOmni's saying: A faker will want to control everything he can. This sort of SnapChat image is far too uncontrolled.

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Yeah I'm into the second week of November. I'm sure it will be there.... maybe 7th-8th I think.
The scary part is I have a Google Spreadsheet I made that takes all the dates of previous worldwide dates, looks at the "days of month" and weeks and finds the most likely dates.

Minus the Smash Direct in August, it got them all right this year. Including the September delay and its original date. And that Smash Direct? It was out by 1 day. Genuinely scared of my own spreadsheet.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't think the blur really makes a difference one way or the other really.

It's just blurry because it was part of a snapchat story, how does that change how valid it is?

StormC

Smash Hero
Basically everything in this leak is bulletproof. There's a failsafe and explanation for everything. It's insane.

How could a faker galaxy brain his way through everything like this? He would have thought of everything. Everything.

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
But that doesn't debunk it, because we already know that this company was not the one involved when """Eric""" made the leak. He was is working in another one.
Nintendo Actu already confirmed yesterday that the guy in the leak works at ACP PLV, not Marina PLV.
Oh, I wasn't aware of that; cheers.
I'll make a small note on my post.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Nothing is more dangerous than a man left with nothing to loose. If we assume this is fake, then the story becomes far more interestingly. As this was a leak done in genuine contempt and malice then. We know the guy has worked in this industry for a while. I would like to imagine that this guy knew that his days at his newer job were numbered, and to go out in a blaze of glory he leaked this stuff. If he has nothing to loose, it won’t matter to him. Also, Liam Robertson clarified on Twitter. He wouldn’t be sued, bu he’d be black balled from this industry forever. The company however? They’re probably screwed if this Is real because Namco and ny other developer worth their salt would never work with them again.
Yeah if this is fake he was perposfully trying to get his company in trouble, if he meant for it to be leaked by his friend(who is most likely NOT is friend any more)

Well you're presuming this was an intentional leak, it sounds more like he was careless and then a friend leaked it over snapchat. That said there are certainly people who could do something like that......not many but I wouldn't call it impossible by any stretch.
That guy is not his friend anymore I can tell you that. Though why not show the whole video if he could(not that familiar with snap chat)

Did some thinking about this last night, and this is what convinced me it's real.

This sort of thing is not a one person job at that company.

A graphics artist in charge of arranging them would not likely also be the person involved in printing and shaping the pieces. This is something done by a company for a reason. We already know the guy works there, which "explains" his use of professional materials. Except it doesn't.

He's unlikely to have brought in hoax files from outside. There's usually at least an IT security checkpoint required for external drives, which would scan for suspicious files (bringing something like that HOME would be absolutely out of the question), and it would likely catch external file usage. So it would likely be developed entirely at the company. On company time. With company assets. That are probably monitored (though this sort of usage would probably get past the monitoring, TBH).

Yeah, that's a MASSIVE ethics breach. And very, VERY traceable.

But then, after he finished his image, what then? As a graphics artist, most of what he created would be okayed by someone else before being printed. He likely doesn't have print access himself (and everything printed by a specialty printer like that would also be monitored and that probably WOULD catch a new file being uploaded).

It just seems way too contrived for this to be set up by a single person. And multiple people from a company working towards it seems incredibly unlikely. We know the guy worked there (thanks to the denial message from his past work history), so that's valid.

And someone showing something he shouldn't have to a friend seems way more likely. Especially since I know that happens under NDA. It just doesn't usually get leaked like this.
This is assuming the company ever needed to be this secure with what they were working on before. Its possible this is the first time they had this sensitive of a job.

Now, one thing that is bothering me are those twitter users claiming they have sources that says there are characters missing from this leak. How many and who we don't know, but could those be true or them trying to deny a leak they aren't sure is true or not?

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Basically everything in this leak is bulletproof. There's a failsafe and explanation for everything. It's insane.

How could a faker galaxy brain his way through everything like this? He would have thought of everything. Everything.
The insane part is that it is nearing 36 hours of this leak's existence and NO-ONE has debunked it yet.

The Smash community chews leaks up and spits them out like no tomorrow. Yet this one is surviving everything that is being thrown at it

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
The insane part is that it is nearing 36 hours of this leak's existence and NO-ONE has debunked it yet.

The Smash community chews leaks up and spits them out like no tomorrow. Yet this one is surviving everything that is being thrown at it
SmashBoards, Resetera, 4chan, GameFaqs,..... no-one knows

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I wouldn't go as far to say this leak is bulletproof by any means.....but I also haven't seen anything so far that goes beyond nitpicking at details in the artwork.

If this was an Ace Attorney game Miles Edgeworth would be wagging his finger telling the opposition that evidence is everything in court.

Last edited:

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
I'm not exactly sure... something rings in my head but I can't think what it is.

Even the ESRB leak has more people saying is fake than this one. The ESRB had a lot of people doing photoshop works and stuff in order to """debunk""" it , with this one we only have the empty backgroudn to work with..... It's a really interesting "leak".

Zuppo

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3593-0420-8915
Ok, let me try and address all your points:

Having designs of chandeliers doesn't even mean you understand them. Printing something out doesn't mean anything of what you implied, anyone can print anything out. Calculations and blueprints for almost any shape are easily found online, I mean just because I 3d printed a spaceship doesn't mean I know how to build it.

Yea, almost definitely someone with photoshop knowledge made this, but why are you assuming that Roy's extra leg looks any good? Why do you think he's an amazing artist if you can't tell the detail at all because of the bluriness. I'll give you a point though, he made 7 new models and they look fairly well so he has some skills for sure. Let's add artist to the resume.

Ridiculous resume you've ever seen? Are you in high school? About half the people I know could make this leak in less than a week. That might be because I work in the gaming industry and half the people I know are artists, but what this should tell you is that it isn't a "ridiculous" resume, this is just general artist skill with time commitment.

You guys should keep in mind that even if this was real this was made by someone. So if someone exists that has the skills to do this then obviously there's people that exist that have the skill to fake it. Normally it isn't about "skill" it's about time commitment. People will waste weeks on something if they are getting paid, almost no one will waste days on something if it's just for a prank. It's never about "ridiculous skill".

The Grinch stuff is only relevant because it's something unique that throws you off, it doesn't prove or disprove anything. Basically it's a "who would think of that!" scenario, but if someone were to think of adding that then that whole theory falls apart.

You do realize anyone can look up names and companies online btw? Having a name on the paper doesn't mean it was truly that person that posted the picture.

Here's my other post in the general thread:

Behind Cloud there's 2 crystals, in one of the versions you can see one of the crystals sticking out between his legs, but the 2nd crystal is not viewable in any version. Then in the leak there's only 1 crystal instead of 2.

The whole island that disappears and that section of the waterfall that's curved, they are never visible in any past version of the mural, and thus they are completely missing in the leak.

There's a mountain that has 3 rays of light, Ray A is visible in one version, Ray B is partially visible in another version, Ray C is never visible. The leak has Ray A pretty accurate, Ray B is semi-accurate having a slightly different shape, and it has no Ray C.

There's a conglomerations of rocks behind Nana, Nana is one of that chars that has basically not moved at all so she's in front of those rocks in every version. In the leak those rocks are non-existent.

The things I am talking about are not "dark" or "light". The leak is outright missing parts of the stage. Missing crystals. Missing floating rocks. It isn't about it being blurry or not. The "light shaft" I am talking about is extremely visible, even in the leak, Shaft A and B and super visible, yet Shaft C (which should be literally right next to Shaft B) is non-existent (it's actually not even a light shaft, it's just light reflecting off water from the waterfall).

If you want to know it's the rightmost front-side mountain, right behind Dedede (it's actually not light, but water from the river). Also that same river is non-existent on the leak. On the leak it looks like a lake that ends as opposed to a river that falls off the mountain. And before you try to explain why that happens, let me tell you that curiously the "lake" portion of the leak is always visible in all previous versions of the mural, but the river portion of this same lake was never visible and coincidentally it's also missing from the leak even though the lake section is still there.

So like either they decided to cut/delete/change all the objects that have been located behind characters in all previous versions or a guy was just filling in the blanks with clouds and whatnot (or letting Photoshop fill it for him) and obviously couldn't guess when there was a river, an island, crystals or anything else.

I tried to prove this leak true. I tried looking behind every character to see if the leak matched and I didn't find a single instance of an object that was hidden behind a character that was also present in the leak. In every single case the objects were missing. What does Occam's Razor tell you about that?
ma vaffanculo

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm not exactly sure... something rings in my head but I can't think what it is.

Even the ESRB leak has more people saying is fake than this one. The ESRB had a lot of people doing photoshop works and stuff in order to """debunk""" it , with this one we only have the empty backgroudn to work with..... It's a really interesting "leak".
I feel like maybe this leak is too blurry for people to get much out of photoshop manipulation. That's probably why we're not seeing much of that.

GoldenSunIsAlive

Smash Cadet
I still believe the leak is true, they are simply doing damage controle, people who think its debunked jump to quickly to conclusions and should really self-reflect. This leak has to many things going for it.

This is my final roster and unless sakurai or nintendo first handedly posts about it not being real, I am and forever will be convinced it is real.

So begone with that pessimism! Begone!

StormC

Smash Hero
In regards to if the leak was fake and how nobody can crack it yet...

“In any crime, there are 100 things that can go wrong. If you can think of 50 of them, you’re a genius.”

So many people’s hopes and dreams rely on this being real. This is easily the best part of the Ultimate hype cycle.

#TeamReal

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
I posted this in the Geno thread, but it needs repeating here. This leak is literally impossible to conclusively debunk as of now. And the way leaks go, the more time that passes without a concrete debunk, the more legit they seem. This is the ULTIMATE leak. This is epic.

-Banjo looks wonky? Well the photo I sent so blurry anyways it’s a shock you can tell who’s in there to start with.

-Conflits with Sakurai? There are only 10 true newcomers if this is true. The least in the series.

-Conflicts with vergeben and other surface leakers like Jon from gamexplain? If papa Genos is to be believed, Incinroar was leak bait.

-Battlefield looks slightly different? The photo looks like crap for one, but more importantly the battlefield in official material from elsewhere has also changed too.

-Where would they announce this all? The intro cinematic, which would be in the style of Melee. Could tie into the story mode.

-He is no longer employed by Marina? Cool, Nintendo actu and Liam Robertson privately confirmed he was at ACP Anyways.

-ACP has no ties to this material? Actually the materials in the photo have some of their watermarks. And we know they’ve worked with game material.

-The leaker will step forward? He still hasn’t. And it’s been over 24 hours.

-Microsoft/rareware and Camelot aren’t on the company list in the office demos? Well duh, they aren’t gonna let that slip in the official demos prior to the announcement.

-Banjo is impossible due to being Microsoft owned? May I remind you that this is smash bros ULTIMATE! If there was ever a time to do the impossible and see the invisible, it’s now.

-Isaac is irrelevant therefore the leak is fake? Exhibit A, King K rool.

On every single conceivable level thus far, this has proven to be utterly shatter proof. Until someone presents evidence which fundamentally destroys a critical part of the leak, one which has no counter, then it’s safe to say real. It’s just because of how strong the fundamentals of this leak have remained over the last 24 hours that I honestly can’t stand against it. And believe me, I’m actively trying. I spent 12 hours yesterday trying to debunk this. And every single point that was presented has been countered.

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
If someone had told us prior to E3 that this game's roster would include Ridley, K. Rool and Simon Belmont, would we have wrote them off on the basis of the roster being "too good to be true"? :awesome:

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
If someone had told us prior to E3 that this game's roster would include Ridley, K. Rool and Simon Belmont, would we have wrote them off on the basis of the roster being "too good to be true"? :awesome:
Admitting a truth here. Simon I would have debunked. The other two were shoe-ins but that one was up in the air for me.

StormC

Smash Hero
Don’t forget all veterans.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Liam Robertson is currently claiming that he’s heard info that contradicts the leak. He’s very, very well researched and has an amazingly track record. In now deleted tweets never was the first to tell the internet that Nintendo E3 2018 was gonna be bland outside of smash and If you’re into it, Fire emblem. However he says that he’ll “Gladly take the L” which makes me think he too heard about Incinroar. And on some level is currently unsure.

If that’s the case, Incinroar must have been passed around the surface leak community like trick or treat candy. In that situation I’d understand his skepticism because all of his mutuals said would have heard the same wrong thing. But this wouldn’t have been the first time this occurred. Metroid X F-zero, and mother 3 in English for WiiU come to mind. Both now infamous wrong leaks that we’re coorborated by many people in the leak community. Which we now know in retrospect were leak bit.

What’s more important here is the denial by the original poster. If his denial is correct, then this was a full scale impersonation act, and the leaker would have planend 80 steps ahead in every single instance. But, if his denial is coverup, as in he’s denying to try and save face, then it only adds to the validity further.

Attachments

proxian

Smash Rookie
Well, if the leak is real, something to consider is that Nintendo still has time to redo the character artwork for the scroll and place them in different locations to make the leak lose its credibility while still (eventually) showing off the same characters.

Having Isaac in would be a dream come true.
That said, the white space where his right leg is propped up is driving me nuts. The rest of the characters all have decently accurate anatomy and I can't figure out what's going on there. Even if he's down on one knee, he'd have to be practically stepping on Flint for that pose to work and that'd be out-of-character.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
Oh now people are saying the printshop says it’s fake, but this is from a known Isaac hater so eh

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
Liam Robertson is currently claiming that he’s heard info that contradicts the leak. He’s very, very well researched and has an amazingly track record. In now deleted tweets never was the first to tell the internet that Nintendo E3 2018 was gonna be bland outside of smash and If you’re into it, Fire emblem. However he says that he’ll “Gladly take the L” which makes me think he too heard about Incinroar. And on some level is currently unsure.

If that’s the case, Incinroar must have been passed around the surface leak community like trick or treat candy. In that situation I’d understand his skepticism because all of his mutuals said would have heard the same wrong thing. But this wouldn’t have been the first time this occurred. Metroid X F-zero, and mother 3 in English for WiiU come to mind. Both now infamous wrong leaks that we’re coorborated by many people in the leak community. Which we now know in retrospect were leak bit.

What’s more important here is the denial by the original poster. If his denial is correct, then this was a full scale impersonation act, and the leaker would have planend 80 steps ahead in every single instance. But, if his denial is coverup, as in he’s denying to try and save face, then it only adds to the validity further.
1540481489626.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom