• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I want every franchise to get a vocal song

Golden Sun vocal song please. I don't even know what it would be
Do like the F-Zero Medley and make it every Golden Sun track. (No lie that sounds great, especially if it's got that anime OP style the F-Zero Medley has...)

Today's blog post is Shulk! (Sorry, Billy...)

Last edited:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
I love your avatar, I still gotta play Tomato Adventure now that its translated
Thanks! It's from this piece of fan art, which also contains a few other characters the artist wanted to have in Brawl. Sadly, only the menus have been translated so far... but it's still a fun time if you end up checking it out! :)

Did Golden Sun even have a Game Over screen (aside from "And so the world drifted towards its fated destruction"), or did it just dump you back at the last save point when you got wiped?
It's got a theme that plays when you die, which was the one I was referring to, but you're right, there's no real game over. Was mostly just making a bad joke, haha :p

Last edited:

PokiehlthePoet

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone ever pointed out how strange the Rathalos pic would have looked if there werent RPG characters facing him?
Imagine the feel of the pic if it showed like, diddy kong, pac-man, and duck hunt facing Rathalos? xD

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Thanks! It's from this piece of fan art, which also contains a few other characters the artist wanted to have in Brawl. Sadly, only the menus have been translated so far... but it's still a fun time if you end up checking it out! :)

It's got a theme that plays when you die, which was the one I was referring to, but you're right, there's no real game over. Was mostly just making a bad joke, haha :p

WAIT WHAT

Aw man, don’t lead me on like that...
o-oh... i thought it was translated, it was just menus

TappyBat

Smash Ace
Has anyone ever pointed out how strange the Rathalos pic would have looked if there werent RPG characters facing him?
Imagine the feel of the pic if it showed like, diddy kong, pac-man, and duck hunt facing Rathalos? xD
But they’re not versed in fighting dragons. Well I guess diddy might be, do I don’t think dragonflys count

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Honestly not the craziest theory that's come out of this cycle.

Hear me out.

Rathalos Tweet:

Link -> Marth -> Shulk

these three have now all been revealed on the blog. They wen in this order.

Link -> Marth -> Shulk

Clearly this only means on thing, Isaac is coming, and sometime soon.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Hear me out.

Rathalos Tweet:

Link -> Marth -> Shulk

Link -> Marth -> Shulk

O.o You might be onto something there!

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Hear me out.

Rathalos Tweet:

Link -> Marth -> Shulk

Link -> Marth -> Shulk

What I ALWAYS found interesting about the Rathalos pic is the detail that can be gleamed from within it. More specifically, the order of the characters in the photo. Link, Marth, Shulk. In that order. They aren't randomly arranged. They are ordered in order of thier appearance in the super smash bros series, starting with link for 64, marth for melee, and Shulk for 4. They could have easily ignored composition entirely and put shulk in the front, followed by link, followed by marth. But they made the conscious decision to line up the characters in this specific order, and then cut off the photo with Shulk. That alone tell's me that the image is more then a throw away piece of nothing, but that there's a care going into this on some level.

Anyways. This is the defense i've used multitude of times when discussing the significance of it in it's entirety. If it were in fact a throwaway piece of nothing, then why would they pay ANY mind to something as ultimately subtle as that. It's for that reason that I feel that in order to explain away the photo we need something far more significant then "it's just a coincidence" This specific ordering for the blog is what has now finally tipped me over. I used to believe that the pic was nothing, that Isaac's chances were predicated on King K rool and the ballot, and nothing else. While remaining very, very firm on the distinct possibility of his inclusion based on that alone. But i've opened up since then, and fully accept this as evidence now.

For all that reason and more. It's hard for me to disagree with your assessment. The time has come. There are infinite possibilities. But I think the reality we've found ourselves in is the one where we at last win. Then as Neon put it, we can become one with the force in peace.

Last edited:

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Honestly Shulk being in Sm4sh was the only thing that soothed the pain of Isaac being unceremoniously removed.

Xenoblade isn't a replacement for Golden Sun by any means, but it does at least show that Nintendo hasn't given up on JRPGs altogether.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Oh man with Shulk being added to the blog, that rathalos theory makes so much sense now. I’m going to hope we get some announcement tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

Congratulations on 600 pages Adepts good on ya.

Here's too 700. And beyond.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Hear me out.

Rathalos Tweet:

Link -> Marth -> Shulk

Link -> Marth -> Shulk

That is certainly an interesting coincidence.

D

Deleted member

Honestly Shulk being in Sm4sh was the only thing that soothed the pain of Isaac being unceremoniously removed.

Xenoblade isn't a replacement for Golden Sun by any means, but it does at least show that Nintendo hasn't given up on JRPGs altogether.
I was the exact opposite; it INFURIATED me.

I mean, yeah, it's alright, and I actually enjoy X, but I felt like Isaac should have had a better chance due to longevity, even though Smash 4 showed the game was about "relativity" instead of "popularity", which Ultimate has decided to do the opposite.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Hear me out.

Rathalos Tweet:

Link -> Marth -> Shulk

Link -> Marth -> Shulk

For those who don't know,

Link = Isaac silent protag

Marth/Mars = Garet, Mars is a possible traduction and was use in the FE ova,
Ex: Aerith/Aeris

Shulk = Yvan, Jupiter adept can see the future so does Shulk.

Also the order of join time in GS.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
For those who don't know,

Link = Isaac silent protag

Marth/Mars = Garet, Mars is a possible traduction and was use in the FE ova,
Ex: Aerith/Aeris

Shulk = Yvan, Jupiter adept can see the future so does Shulk.

Also the order of join time in GS.
Don't forget that both Shulk and Ivan also have a weapon/item that the antagonists want: Monado/Shamon's Rod.

What an interesting turn of events today. We get passed 600 pages and now the order of Link, Marth and Shulk relating to the Rathalos pic and the Blogs are coming to light.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Is anyone feeling tinfoily enough to check how many days/posts between Link’s, Marth’s and Shulk’s?

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Scott the Woz gave GS a very brief but welcome shoutout in his DS video.
Also, I think a possible explanation to the characters in the rathalos tweet "skipping over Brawl" is because Brawl had no new first party RPG franchises added. Melee added FE and 4 added Xenoblade. Is Zelda an RPG? I've always considered it an adventure/RPG

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Also, I think a possible explanation to the characters in the rathalos tweet "skipping over Brawl" is because Brawl had no new first party RPG franchises added. Melee added FE and 4 added Xenoblade. Is Zelda an RPG? I've always considered it an adventure/RPG
Wait, he did?

he almost NEVER shouts out any RPG's.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
What i'm stating to think right now
It depends on your definition what defines an RPG. Is it an expansive and intricate narrative? If yes, then Zelda isn't an RPG. Is it a game with a level up based progression system? Then again, no Zelda isn't an RPG. But if you define and RPG as a game in which you progress by becoming stronger, and using that strength to overcome difficult combat challenges, then yes Zelda is an RPG.

The only exception would be breath of the wild, where you have all the items you need to complete every dungeon at the very beginning, and by extension your growth is limited not by what you have access to, rather your master of what you already have.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
zelda is action/adventure. not an rpg. no not even botw.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Idk, I think the foil may be leaking into your heads. :p
Ah, you see, that's where we came prepared! Where we use more foil to block the foil....wait?...

6/20, 7/8, 10/14? What could this mean?!?
lol, don't take me seriously. I'm just having fun here.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
Isn't Earthbound the JRPG-esque franchise introduced in Smash 64?

Because of this, I would have to say that the individual characters' (Link, Marth, and Shulk) relations to Golden Sun comes more in their feats and abilities than their game of origin.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Shulk being announced today is making me a bit more unsure about an Elma reveal this month actually. I thought this would be her moment to show up if she was in but Shulk being revealed now when we potentially have a reveal this week doesn't look great.

Last edited:
Top Bottom