• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
70-80% playable. He's my highest playable that isn't a leak (Incineroar) and an echo.
I kinda agree, even if he is not in the base game, maybe as DLC?
Unless he is an AT he still has a chance.

Its only up to us his fanbase to keep the support growing if he is not in the base.
This! We need to keep our heads fighting and stay united, as fans of Camelot's glorious RPG's.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
If we had to give an actual percentage chance what would we say is an accurate percent? Curious as to what people think realistically.
100% chance of him being physically present in the game. If Shovel Knight and Krystal's results got them ATs, Isaac will not be MIA again. As for how he'll show up:

45% playable, 45% AT, 10% regular trophy (to keep the door open for DLC in case time constraints were a problem). Though the longer we go without an AT, the more and more that first value will rise...

Some may even say he would've been shown off as an AT by now if Gray Fox returning is any indication.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
70-80% playable. He's my highest playable that isn't a leak (Incineroar) and an echo.

This! We need to keep our heads fighting and stay united, as fans of Camelot's glorious RPG's.
I am going 50%
It's not bad it's just a yes or no kinda vibe.

But, DLC yeah, we can push it.

Smash Ultimate is going to be around for a long time. Till the next Nintendo System.

I am going to say we are at 67 fighters atm and 4 Echos atm

I feel like we are going to get in total with DLC 75 fighters and 10 echos
85 fighters the max amount

Could be way to much, but that is def the celling

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Argh I hate this, but I feel like discussing it. It's probably nothing but... eh. Why not.

So I often have premonition style dreams (or it really seems like I do). Notice months later when the thing I dream actually happens, typically it's a small thing, like I'll be walking down a hallway, or I'll be traveling to a specific location, simple stuff. And I had one that had been puzzling me for a while, it was either a sense of extreme impatience or a sense of extreme disappointment, I haven't really been able to discern which, sorta hard to. I believe it happens in November.

But yeah, just talking here. It may have not had anything at all to do with Isaac. But given how much I've waited for Isaac in a smash, and how the game comes out in December, it's likely to be the case.

Anyway, still working on Sol Sanctum, didn't play much last night and the beginning is pretty slow. :p
Spent the Prologue running from everything since I had no psynergy.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Personally I'm going with 70% playable, 100% in the game. I'd be completely baffled if Isaac isn't present in some way after we got SHOVEL KNIGHT of all characters.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I personally think playable 100%. I personally believe in the golden sun reference by Sakurai. Out of all of the new assist trophies, he posts that one on twitter with that specific angle. Sakurai NEVER posts on Twitter without meaning something.

Most importantly, this game is all about giving representation to people's ballot or popularity choices.

Snake, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Pichu, Pokemon Trainer and Young Link are back due to popular demand.
Ridley, K. Rool, Dark Samus, Chrom, and Daisy are now playable due to their high popularity.
And finally whether you like it or not, slightly less popular characters like Krystal, Ashley, Waluigi, Bomberman, and Shovel Knight (!!!!! People don't get how huge this is) got in as AT's.

This is a huge, unprecedented move for Super Smash Brothers. Nintendo normally does not listen to what we want in their games.

Make moves for Isaac, Geno, and whoever else you want. This is probably the highest chances they've probably ever been considered for it!

Last edited:

Eagle

Smash Lord
Argh I hate this, but I feel like discussing it. It's probably nothing but... eh. Why not.

So I often have premonition style dreams (or it really seems like I do). Notice months later when the thing I dream actually happens, typically it's a small thing, like I'll be walking down a hallway, or I'll be traveling to a specific location, simple stuff. And I had one that had been puzzling me for a while, it was either a sense of extreme impatience or a sense of extreme disappointment, I haven't really been able to discern which, sorta hard to. I believe it happens in November.

But yeah, just talking here. It may have not had anything at all to do with Isaac. But given how much I've waited for Isaac in a smash, and how the game comes out in December, it's likely to be the case.

Anyway, still working on Sol Sanctum, didn't play much last night and the beginning is pretty slow. :p
Your extreme impatience will manifest when Isaac and Felix have been revealed in November and you're desperately waiting to get your hands on Smash Ultimate. Welcome to the best timeline!

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord

Funnily enough, I had a dream last night that Sakurai sent out a tweet that revealed pictures of a new Melee-esque trophy gallery... with trophies for Isaac, Bearded Isaac, and Matthew right near the front of the frame. This thread was very disappointed.

It was the first time in a while that I knew it was a dream while I was still inside it, and I'm going to choose to believe that's because...

Your extreme impatience will manifest when Isaac and Felix have been revealed in November and you're desperately waiting to get your hands on Smash Ultimate. Welcome to the best timeline!

Onassi2

Smash Cadet
I’m going with 60%. My gut is telling me he’s in and it just makes a whole lot of sense, but I don’t want to have to go through being crushed for a third time.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
I'm guessing Isaac to be 70% playable and 30% AT

I just know that if he's not playable this time around it will hurt more than the smash 4 days...for me anyways

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
90% believe he's in the game which leads to 80% playable and 20% AT. Each day, however, keeps increasing that percentage of him being playable.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I am just happy to see all this optimism
It's only going to grow and grow.

It's not like Dark Dawn hurt Golden Sun
It just undersold. The reviews for it were fine.

Does it hold up to the first two?
No, those are classics.

Isaac will be in smash one way or another. If Nintendo hated GS we wouldn't of gotten any music in Smash 4

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I'm going for 50% Playable 40% AT 10% erased from history
I seriously hope that's not what Sakurai will do. He shouldn't erase characters that were already in the game series.

When I saw that Golden Sun representation got downgrade to Non-existent, I felt a punch to the gut. Not literally mind you.

They couldn't even put a single trophy in. Nothing. For the first time ever, I felt complete bilwiderment and complete disappointment. How Nintendo could have so little respect for this franchise baffles me.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I'm not feeling very optimistic still, maybe a bit better than before though. I'm gonna say 20% playable, 50% AT, 30% not in the game again.

Only time will tell anyways. I don't enjoy rating chances. No characters I want in this game have any chance above 30% imo. I find it's best to hope for the good things but expect that the worst will come to pass.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I seriously hope that's not what Sakurai will do. He shouldn't erase characters that were already in the game series.

When I saw that Golden Sun representation got downgrade to Non-existent, I felt a punch to the gut. Not literally mind you.

They couldn't even put a single trophy in. Nothing. For the first time ever, I felt complete bilwiderment and complete disappointment. How Nintendo could have so little respect for this franchise baffles me.
I don't know, I still blame the 3DS Smash for the Wii U Smash

Make the game on the system to try and boost sales incase the already dying system does not sell well.

Maybe Isaac was too complex? Who knows. Maybe his AT was too complicated for the 3DS. Too much going on.

At the end of the day, the Isaac demand is there.
Besides on gamefaqs, they want to crucify him for some reason

Black Magician

Smash Apprentice
I'm saying 30% playable, 50% AT only, 20% Mii costume only .

He could be the poster child for a Mii/customisation-centric Direct. "We weren't able to put ALL your favourite characters in the game, but look! Scarves!"

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
I’m saying 65%, which is more than I’ve ever given him.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I don't know, I still blame the 3DS Smash for the Wii U Smash

Make the game on the system to try and boost sales incase the already dying system does not sell well.

Maybe Isaac was too complex? Who knows. Maybe his AT was too complicated for the 3DS. Too much going on.

At the end of the day, the Isaac demand is there.
Besides on gamefaqs, they want to crucify him for some reason
GameFAQs used to love Isaac, he was one of the most popular characters there during the ballot days. I think GameFAQs just enjoys insulting whoever's the biggest character around, and Isaac is an easy target because there are lots of insults for him that they see as valid. People will call the Golden Sun games boring and forgettable, or will say that Isaac is another "boring anime swordsman" and all that. They're just baiting Isaac fans. I wouldn't pay any attention to them, lots of people on there hated on Ridley and K. Rool too.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
After all this time if SOMETHING doesn't happen despite all these polls with him among top 10 or even top 5 I'll actually be extremely disappointed and a little angry.

Honestly, if he's not, I'm just going to chalk it up as Nintendo has a problem with the character/series and just stop asking.

This for me is probably the last time id expect to every see him be considered for smash. If he's not in the "Ultimate" Smash game wasn't enough for him.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not mad. I've been a Nintendo fan a long time. Ridley and K. Rool have been enough for me. The roster is NEARLY perfect in my eyes. But MAN if it does feel like he's going to give us everything this game.

Seriously, and I speak for multiple character threads, this is the damn time for them to come in, especially the ones that have been requested for over 10 years now.

Now. Not Smash 6. Now!

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
GameFAQs used to love Isaac, he was one of the most popular characters there during the ballot days. I think GameFAQs just enjoys insulting whoever's the biggest character around, and Isaac is an easy target because there are lots of insults for him that they see as valid. People will call the Golden Sun games boring and forgettable, or will say that Isaac is another "boring anime swordsman" and all that. They're just baiting Isaac fans. I wouldn't pay any attention to them, lots of people on there hated on Ridley and K. Rool too.
I feel like Isaac still gets a lot of following on GameFAQs, but yeah, now that he's become more popular there's more people baiting his fans.

To be honest I actually read GameFAQs a lot, all the stupid stuff that goes on there is pretty entertaining.

I'll give Isaac a 50% chance because even if Sakurai has been making popularity a bigger priority of relevance, the man is still very unpredictable, so I really don't know what to think at this point.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
There's really super high chances that Isaac will be represented in Ultimate. There's at least gonna be a nod like AT. Not gonna predict on playable though.

StormC

Smash Hero
50-60%, I had him at about 40% before the last Direct. I wouldn't give higher than 60% to any unique fighter candidate at this point.

TiaSilvia

Smash Apprentice
I just wished Sakurai would had reveal all ATs by now, so we could start really speculate who will be playable or not.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I’m feeling an 80% chance of him being playable, it’s never looked better, but the cautious side of me would rather say 55%, he’s likelier than not but it’s still up in the air.

I think it’s important not to get our hopes too high, lest we end up like other fanbases, in denial or rage.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I’m feeling an 80% chance of him being playable, it’s never looked better, but the cautious side of me would rather say 55%, he’s likelier than not but it’s still up in the air.

I think it’s important not to get our hopes too high, lest we end up like other fanbases, in denial or rage.
The difference that we and the custom robo fanbases have that others don't is that the rug was already pulled from our feet.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
We pretty much just need the next reveal after K. Rool. So we can actually see if they're also another long awaited fan request (where I feel like Isaac has the potential to be next reveal). Otherwise our minds are left to be its own worst enemy in this waiting game, feeling confident in Isaac one day, to waking up and feeling like he only has 10 supporters and is getting wiped from existence.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Just stop wracking your brain. Enjoy the potential, and enjoy what you do get in whatever case :)

I say that while I did also say at one point I would freak if I didn't get any character I really wanted. But I still stand with what I just said.. just.. chillin' and enjoying in w/e case. you know?

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
While I don't really have any connection to the character, but I do hope that if he's playable that his moveset is based around terrain manipulation. The closest character we have to that is Pac-Man with his hydrant. I would kinda picture him to work kinda like Kragg in Rivals of Aether with his rock and pillar creation.

Top Bottom