• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Hey guys, it's been forever since I last posted here. I just wanted to stop by and show support again for Isaac! I haven't been keeping up too much lately neither here nor in the Geno thread, but I really like the idea of us supporting each other's characters. Plus, at my local game store I spotted a used copy of Golden Sun which I was tempted to pick up. When I stopped by again to pick up Smash Ultimate I decided to go for Golden Sun as well, but unfortunately somebody else bought it. I'll get my chance one of these days to play the game but I'm still showing my support nonetheless, plus I've been enjoying the Mii Swordfighter costume for Isaac in the meantime.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Hey guys I need some help with my Isaac cosplay. I need some clear shots of Isaac's model in Smash Ultimate. I have most of them but there are two I am lacking so far.

• His hair from a bird's eye view (facing the top of his head)
  • His full-torso directly from the front

If anyone is able to grab me these I would really appreciate it. I'll spend an hour trying to grab them. I need them so I can mathematically work out the proportions for the wig and the armour plate. It's not an urgent thing but I'm asking in case anyone just happens to have one or gets Isaac summoned in one of their battles

Tetiro

Smash Ace

Here you go Tetiro Tetiro
Earth Adepts, give this guy ALL YOUR LIKES. He just gave me everything I needed and more!

With this, I can get the measurements to do Isaac's spikes. And well!

The torso plate will be a snap now I have this and I now have full understanding on how Isaac's jacket works

Kalaam you are a star!

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Can’t wait to see the whole thing soon, Tetiro Tetiro !

Also, I’m so happy seeing the #AssistAlliance growing so fast. Especially in the official Discord.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Thank you so much Kalaam Kalaam and SonicLink125 SonicLink125 ! I hope to have the trousers done by the 17th of February at the latest!

I really want to make you all proud of the Isaac cosplay. I want to make it so good that jaws will drop when it appears at MCM London Comic Con and when I post it here!

Today I am going to the local fabric shop to buy boning (it will give the gloves, boots, sleeves etc the volume they need), elastic (pyjama project) and two sewing patterns to make the trousers and gloves.

More updates to come as they do!

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
I would only be happy with Isaac, if Sakurai use this older and more detailed Version.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Would you say that our position has improved?
Or...has it stayed stagnant?

And how much has it improved if you had to put a gauge on it?
Back in the early pages of this thread, I made a joke that Isaac went from the ugly one at the dance to undergoing a Cinderella transformation through Ultimate's speculation cycle. In a twist of fate the planets seemed to align and all this circumstancial happenings kept popping up and bolstering Isaac's popularity i.e Rathalos screenshot, Trademark renewal (leading to a Twitter trend), Grinch leak, growth psynergy lookalike item leak etc. I found it funny that there was even a point that Isaac's inclusion seemed so sure that some fake leakers felt like they needed to add Felix as an echo to help with legitimacy lol.

Fast forward to Isaac's deconfirmation and the backlash was so great, we're told by a source that even Nintendo was shocked. Whether that led to the Mii costume consolation prize, who knows. But despite Ultimate dwarfing Golden Sun's last release by almost a decade, there's more GS representation to boast than what Smash 4 offered, the Smash ballot most likely helped as well.

The first Golden Sunday, celebration of the series, was also a huge success in addition to also getting a shout out by discord and Nintendolife making an article about the event. The Ultimate speculation cycle certainly helped to bring Isaac back into the forefront, especially with all the seemingly random coincidences that made it seem like Isaac was guaranteed. Things like Isaac's assist being held off to the last direct for the viewing of the casual Nintendo market while the online community reels in the aftermath of the Grinch being false just helped make the backlash to Isaac's assist (visual sighs of disappointment, angry messages/calls to Nintendo) make a bigger impact than it would have if he was just shown off at E3 and then have everyone cool off and get over it by next direct.

Though the letter campaign will be more more telling of our position, an active push to get Nintendo's attention outside of the usual online zaniness of hashtag tweets and petitions. In my head I envision this garbage bag of letters being dumped on a desk but no jinxing from me lol.

Edit: I know this post will bug me as I remember some things and feel the need to add to it but it'll get way too huge so whoever can chip in as well lol.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

I think our chances have greatly improved. In part, because us GS fans have stopped being silent and started being active like other fanbases. In part, because Isaac gained a lot of support and at points he seemed so likely that his exclusion ended up being perceived as a snub (and a biggun), so I’d say right now we’re the top dog of Smash fandom.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
"Is our position good"
I dunno, sort the speculation forum by views, pages or posts and tell me.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I think our chances have greatly improved. In part, because us GS fans have stopped being silent and started being active like other fanbases. In part, because Isaac gained a lot of support and at points he seemed so likely that his exclusion ended up being perceived as a snub (and a biggun), so I’d say right now we’re the top dog of Smash fandom.
And we shall keep it that way and increase his popularity!

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord

It's honestly really good for next time, although there is still the debate of whether assist trophies can be promoted or not in the same game and Golden Sun still has been dormant for almost a decade, this is the closest Isaac has ever been to becoming a full fledged character honestly as he's the snubbed character with easily the most representation. Golden Sun discussion in 2018 was the strongest it has ever been and I think if we keep the demand up he will eventually join the roster and we will finally get a new game

Tetiro

Smash Ace
It's honestly really good for next time, although there is still the debate of whether assist trophies can be promoted or not in the same game and Golden Sun still has been dormant for almost a decade, this is the closest Isaac has ever been to becoming a full fledged character honestly as he's the snubbed character with easily the most representation. Golden Sun discussion in 2018 was the strongest it has ever been and I think if we keep the demand up he will eventually join the roster and we will finally get a new game
Honestly I have no idea. Back in the day DLC wasn't a thing for Smash. And even when Wii U added it most of the DLC roster were third-party and returning characters. They've never had the chance to consider.

There's never been a rule saying they can't promote in the same game. And Isaac is a special case where his AT can easily be altered to change it to a new hero from the series.

It's really all down to Nintendo and how they want to respond to the backlash from the Isaac deconfirm.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ocalise_games_that_have_never_been_translated

With any luck, they might eventually cover the rest of the Shining Force III games that Camelot did, which never got exported.

As for ATs, it's ultimately up to Sakurai himself whether it's worth going to the trouble of spending resources upgrading them. Mainly because it would open the Pandora's Box regarding a certain particular purple person.

And knowing our luck, they could upgrade Chain Chomp into playable first because of Mario Tennis Aces' success.

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Hello guys. It’s been a very busy week on my end. What started off as a joke in my corner of the world turned into a full blown fan movement complete with a twitter hashtag and a discord server with over 250 members.

Taking it from the top, some of you may know that I’m the head moderator for GS_****posts on twitter. I’ve used it as the past couple months as a vice with which to get over my smash dissapointment for the most part, as well as make some people in similar positions laugh. About a month ago I was approached by a guy who was running a shadow for smash twitter. We became friends over a period of time. Slowly but surely, he’d get me to make and post memes and jokes about assists in general. This culminated in a response to a Bomberman twitter account that went something like “welcome to the assist alliance, my Bomberman brother.” And My twitter following ran wild with it. In just a day or two, things exploded. And now im running a fairly large discord dedicated to this movement.

As for what the alliance itself is all about, well we’re trying to promote unity and positivity between fans of these characters that ended up as assists. A lot of them rarely interact, and some have fallen into total disarray following that last direct. And with more and more people getting hostile towards fans of assists, some have even gone as far as to let the dream that may have held die. Even though Sakurai told us to dream. This is the important part however. We aren’t pestering Nintendo or Sakurai about our favorites being assists. We aren’t even actively pushing for dlc right now, however, if a season 2 occurred, or a new game, then we would start talking about that. Our goal right now is to unify the fanbases and to revitalize discussion revolving around these characters in general, not just in the context of smash. This is To destroy the false impression that the are all now all suddenly unwanted, or unpopular, Or that their demand was fleeting. This is crucial, because allowing that silence to persist will do no good at all when the time for a second season, or a new game comes. This is something that’s gonna be around for the long haul, I can promise you guys that much at least.

Here’s the server, if any of you guys happen to be interested in joining, all Isaac fans are VERY welcome. We’ve already got several prominent folks from the Isaac community in there, such as Ryukas who owns the olden sun discord, or Jupiter Ivan who runs the sun rises again twitter. The more the Merrier, though.
https://discord.gg/yBUNNZx

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I was doing some investigating earlier and I found that Sakurai has mentioned Isaac directly by name before though this was in a questionnaire on the official Melee site. It isn't much but I'm surprised we have a direct acknowledgement from Sakurai that has never been brought up after years of speculation
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/syukeiken/return549.html

Below is my browser Google Translating it which is why it's kinda off but if anyone can provide a more understandable translation that would be greatly appreciated
1548377226868.png

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
He certainly mentions Isaac (under the name Robin), but I couldn't give you proper context. It seems like he's referring to minor series' protagonists, or minor characters from major series, in the case of Dr. Mario and Pichu. It's awesome that he knew about Isaac way back in the time of Melee, but it's really sad he's never followed through on him.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
What's more interesting is that Golden Sun only came out a few months before Melee. Let's put that in perspective!

Also, I finished my pyjamas and as I suspected, I need more practice so the planning ahead was right. I had a gut feeling I'd need more practice so I'm making another pair for my partner. Using all I have learnt so far. If all goes well, by Valentine's Day I'll be all done and FULL-TIME working on the Isaac cosplay!!!

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That’s not Sakurai, that’s one of many user submissions posted on the site.

Sakurai’s response (which isn’t part of the pic but can be found on the page linked) doesn’t mention Isaac.

But at least someone was talking about him then (though it is in the context of more minor characters).

Smash Lord
That’s not Sakurai, that’s one of many user submissions posted on the site.

Sakurai’s response (which isn’t part of the pic but can be found on the page linked) doesn’t mention Isaac.

But at least someone was talking about him then (though it is in the context of more minor characters).
Ah I see. Thanks for clearing that up =)

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Depositing from love from me and the Geno fanbase onto you guys! I really hope you get your boy revived one day through a new game, and heck, maybe even a future Smash inclusion. You guys are fighting so hard, and I admire your optimism and determination.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
It has been a long time guys. I'm so glad to see the reign of the Smashified Isaac art is over.
And the #AA movement, huh? I hope you keep it alive for when the next Smash game is confirmed.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I don't know if someone has mentioned this before, but Isaac could circumvent the whole Spirit problem via a redesign (like different incarnations of a playable character are spirits like with the TLoZ characters or K. Rool), but that depends on a remake/reboot, which could be part of our current objective here.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It has been a long time guys. I'm so glad to see the reign of the Smashified Isaac art is over.
And the #AA movement, huh? Sakurai said the next Smash game will come in like 10 years or so, therefore you'll have to keep the movement alive for a long, long time.
I don't know if someone has mentioned this before, but Isaac could circumvent the whole Spirit problem via a redesign (like different incarnations of a playable character are spirits like with the TLoZ characters or K. Rool), but that depends on a remake/reboot, which could be part of our current objective here.
No, he never said that. He pretty much said, jokingly, "wouldn't it be great if the next Smash game is in 10 years?". Hypothetical, not a statement.

It's not up to him to determine when a Smash sequel gets approved.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ah I see. Thanks for clearing that up =)
And the #AA movement, huh? Sakurai said the next Smash game will come in like 10 years or so, therefore you'll have to keep the movement alive for a long, long time.
Quoting these to say that I love the Isaac art in your pfps

Smash Lord
Thanks for the nice wishes guys
They could also just reuse his Smash art like Cloud and Pokémon Trainer do, but yeah a potential remake/Golden Sun 4 design does work too

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Honestly, ever since that fake leak, I've wanted Isaac in Smash to be an aged-up version using both his trademark scarf and the trench coat from Dark Dawn. It creates a really neat aesthetic, and separates him even more from the swordsmen in Smash (many wear capes, but no coat yet). Plus, the trench coat would be differentiable at a distance, meaning he wouldn't get confused with his Assist Trophy (if they don't disable it). His Assist Trophy and current Spirits are a non-issue (plus we don't even know if DLC characters/series will get Spirits), and the only thing keeping Isaac from Smash right now is Sakurai, and we have to hope that's no longer an issue.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Wouldn't be surprised if Isaac's fighter spirit is just his smash render, like cloud or robin. Really spirits are a non-issue.

Top Bottom