• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I’m not trying to get anyone’s hopes up as personally I don’t think Isaac is gonna be in the Wave 1 dlc.

However... I do find it interesting that of all the series that do not have a playable fighter, Rhythm Heaven and Golden Sun have the most spirits and both happened to get their trademarks renewed at the same time! Considering the dlc was obvious decided upon a while ago before the game went gold, I must say that is quite the coincidence.

Even more of a coincidence is that Banjo & Kazooie had their trademark renewed earlier than usual in September roughly a week or two (assuming I’m remembering the dates right) after Golden Sun and Rhythm Heaven and the dataminers found unused Rare spirits in the game!

Putting my tin foil hat on, I wouldn’t be surprised if three of the five dlc characters are Banjo, a Rhythm Heaven rep and Isaac.

Again, I’m not trying to get anyone’s hope up but these are strange coincidences.
That would truly be an awesome day. Especially for fans of the Grinch.

*sigh* After that leak, now I feel that Smash will never feel complete without Mach Rider, and that’s a long shot. He joins Plusle & Minun on my ‘someday’ list.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Remakes would logically make more sense to introduce new fans and get them all caught up for a Golden Sun 4. But then again, Dark Dawn dropped about eight years after the first two. So essentially a pair of two games that you played around late elementary/early middle school days, with a sequel that didn't drop till you were ready to graduate high school.

Even after that, it'd take another 4 years for just the original Golden Sun to be accessible through other means, Wii U virtual console. Instead of just remaking it for the 3ds when it was the main handheld console and had a few years still left.

The brothers also make their interview talking about the fan demand, two years after Dark Dawn, and it's essentially about story boarding for a new Golden Sun, and that they'd do it if they received enough requests. So if they gave it a year and some for fans to show they wanted a sequel to Dark Dawn, naturally that's what the brothers would be working on, but since it's been so long, no new announcements since that interview back in 2012, remakes seems like a better marketing strategy. Which I could see if the brothers haven't even started work on anything GS 4 all these years.

Otherwise I'd sooner see the GS games being dropped on Switch as they are, untouched or remade, like they did with it back on the Wii U and that serves as catch up. I still think that makes sense to do alongside an announcement of GS 4. I'd be down for remakes obviously, I just get a feeling the Takahashi brothers are proud of the originals and aren't the 'remaking types'. Feels like something that would have been done some years back. I'm more partial to wanting a new game on the Switch given the cliffhanger but hey.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Remakes would logically make more sense to introduce new fans and get them all caught up for a Golden Sun 4. But then again, Dark Dawn dropped about eight years after the first two. So essentially a pair of two games that you played around late elementary/early middle school days, with a sequel that didn't drop till you were ready to graduate high school.

Even after that, it'd take another 4 years for just the original Golden Sun to be accessible through other means, Wii U virtual console. Instead of just remaking it for the 3ds when it was the main handheld console and had a few years still left.

The brothers also make their interview talking about the fan demand, two years after Dark Dawn, and it's essentially about story boarding for a new Golden Sun, and that they'd do it if they received enough requests. So if they gave it a year and some for fans to show they wanted a sequel to Dark Dawn, naturally that's what the brothers would be working on, but since it's been so long, no new announcements since that interview back in 2012, remakes seems like a better marketing strategy. Which I could see if the brothers haven't even started work on anything GS 4 all these years.

Otherwise I'd sooner see the GS games being dropped on Switch as they are, untouched or remade, like they did with it back on the Wii U and that serves as catch up. I still think that makes sense to do alongside an announcement of GS 4. I'd be down for remakes obviously, I just get a feeling the Takahashi brothers are proud of the originals and aren't the 'remaking types'. Feels like something that would have been done some years back. I'm more partial to wanting a new game on the Switch given the cliffhanger but hey.
Well, they don;t have to completely remake the games, maybe a graphical update of some sorts. Hell, I'd be fine with them just putting the game together as one and them bypassing the need for a link cable or the need to put in a super long code.

Black Magician

Smash Apprentice
I'd agree it makes most sense to start with a GS&LA remake. But rather than going straight into GS4 and skipping Dark Dawn, I'd remake Dark Dawn as well and ship both parts of the second story together. A Bayonetta-2-style edition with a bonus box or download code would do nicely.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Well, they don;t have to completely remake the games, maybe a graphical update of some sorts. Hell, I'd be fine with them just putting the game together as one and them bypassing the need for a link cable or the need to put in a super long code.
I'd welcome that as well, anything to have easier access to the games all on one go. I know we throw out suggestions for what makes sense marketing wise, and what Camelot could do if they need help with Golden Sun, but there's always that paranoia that nothing's being done. No ports, no remakes, no new game. We're hitting the years it took Dark Dawn to release after the first duology and pretty much just radio silence since the Takahashi brothers last made their fan demand statement back in 2012. There's the trademark at least, so I'm willing to wait to see what E3 of next year brings. It can even just be the words Golden Sun, knowing something is coming is hype enough.

Edit: 2022? I'm an idiot lol. Apparently the Takahashi brothers aren't back from their time travels it seems.

Last edited:

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
We've seen decompressed Isaac and Felix sprites, just decompressing all sprites (if they still have them all) and merging the game should be enough for a remake on the eShop, like "Golden Sun HD: The First Generation" or something like that.

And I wouldn't be so confident on a remake giving us a playable Isaac, having a recent release doesn't mean Nintendo has to promote it via Smash. Sure, we got things like Corrin and Wooly World, but we didn't get Elma or an ORAS stage on SSB4.

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
We've seen decompressed Isaac and Felix sprites, just decompressing all sprites (if they still have them all) and merging the game should be enough for a remake on the eShop, like "Golden Sun HD: The First Generation" or something like that.

And I wouldn't be so confident on a remake giving us a playable Isaac, having a recent release doesn't mean Nintendo has to promote it via Smash. Sure, we got things like Corrin and Wooly World, but we didn't get Elma or an ORAS stage on SSB4.
To be fair, Sakurai didn't get to play XC2 until after it was released. It could have easily been the same deal with XCX. As otherwise I am sure he would have put Rex as a playable character. Mii Costumes and Spirits take a lot less time to make

As for ORAS I doubt they would have done that anyway. They always focus on the new Pokemon generations rather than older ones. Otherwise Gardevoir for example would have been a playable character by now

SPEN18

Smash Champion
I agree that just remakes by themselves might not be enough to truly bring GS back, but I think the idea is that remakes would just be the starting point. I don't think anybody is suggesting that they just remake the games and then never make a new GS game ever again; the idea is to use the remakes as a springboard to get people interested in the IP again and put less stress on the dev team, and then make GS4 after, especially since they'll already have an engine to make a new game easier.

Personally, I lean more towards GS4 being the better idea, but there are also good reasons to do remakes.

As I've said earlier, either is fine to me.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Back here for the first time in a while. Did I miss anything?
Hey! Where have you been? You missed quite a bit. Long story short, we’ve learned so far that of all the non-playable rep franchises in Smash, Golden Sun (along with RH coming behind us), has the most content out of them. 8 Spirits, Isaac AT, Isaac Mii Costume, two songs and a Golden Sun Spirit Event.

We’ve shifted from “Isaac being suspiciously absent (pre Nov Direct)” to “Isaac being suspiciously present”. What raises a lot of eyebrows is that Golden Sun did not even get at least one new song. Only the two ported from Smash 4 (Felix/Doom Dragon Brawl Remix & Dark Dawn Weyard rip). DLC states, however, that we would get a character, a stage AND music. Also, the Mii costume looks tons better compared to Isaac’s AT. Hmm? It all probably means nothing, but it’s interesting to point out, right?

Also, we’ve been talking how there might actually be a GS game next year or so on the horizon.

How have you been? :)

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
What is the current status of Golden Sun? Did the series just stop producing games out of nowhere or did someone release a statement as to why the series hasn't gotten any new games?

SPEN18

Smash Champion
What is the current status of Golden Sun? Did the series just stop producing games out of nowhere or did someone release a statement as to why the series hasn't gotten any new games?
Well Dark Dawn was the last Golden Sun game, released in 2010. There was an interview with the Takahashi brothers (the brains behind the series) a couple of years after Dark Dawn saying that they'd make another one if there was enough demand. But basically we've had silence both from Camelot and Nintendo since then. Nobody to my knowledge has explicitly said why there haven't been any new Golden Sun games. Camelot still releases a new game every year or two, but they've mostly been Mario Sports games.

-------

So I see that Isaac's Spirit is a 3-star. If he can upgrade into Adult Isaac, does that mean that Adult Isaac is 4-star? And is 4-star the highest possible number of stars or are there 5-star Spirits?

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
There’s no official statement to go by referring to the on ice statuses of the franchise. However, we do know from a 2012 developer interview that Camelot operates on community demand. It was demand that led to the release of the third golden sun title. The assumption there becomes that the Icey fan reception of golden sun dark dawn, and the community in general shifting the bulk of its focus towards smash representation starting in 2013, has led to the current stagnation. We’re striving for smash and so attention gets pulled off GS4. And Dark dawn was somewhat of a flop, so the devs may be left with the assumption that no huge demand remains or exists. A ton least that’s the theory that others and I have presented. There are many different interpretations to be taken away, however.

TheBeastHimself

Well Dark Dawn was the last Golden Sun game, released in 2010. There was an interview with the Takahashi brothers (the brains behind the series) a couple of years after Dark Dawn saying that they'd make another one if there was enough demand. But basically we've had silence both from Camelot and Nintendo since then. Nobody to my knowledge has explicitly said why there haven't been any new Golden Sun games. Camelot still releases a new game every year or two, but they've mostly been Mario Sports games.
That's honestly a bit of a shame, I hate being left in the dark about something. If what the Takahashi brothers said still stands, then there is definitely some hope left in a new Golden Sun or remake/remaster. You guys have certainly made a splash and told Nintendo that you want more Golden Sun, there's no way nobody from the company missed any of this passion. If Issac still isn't it after DLC, then whatever. The fact that a big group of people came together to celebrate a series they love is so amazing to see. Guys please don't lose faith in Issac or Golden Sun, Nintendo has ears and I'm sure they are listening. If anything, I think you guys should take inspiration from the EarthBound franchise.

If you click on this link, you can find the EarthBound Anthology that a group of dedicated Mother fans created, filled with fan art and praise for the series they love. Mother fans signed petitions with thousands and thousands of signatures, and never shut up about they wanted. Because of that, Nintendo acknowledged them on a variety of occasions. Keep your voices strong and let Nintendo know what you guys want.

"You know, for example, I'm still being bombarded by Mother fans who are asking for that title to be translated into English and launched here in the U.S." - Reggie, 2007.

"Again, we know, I know there's a fan base for that title. All I could say is we're aware. It's something that we always think about in terms of where there are opportunities to reintroduce IP to fans, to do it in a way that builds new fans, we're certainly aware. No promises, no commitments one way or the other, but we're aware." - Reggie, 2018.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
That's honestly a bit of a shame, I hate being left in the dark about something. If what the Takahashi brothers said still stands, then there is definitely some hope left in a new Golden Sun or remake/remaster. You guys have certainly made a splash and told Nintendo that you want more Golden Sun, there's no way nobody from the company missed any of this passion. If Issac still isn't it after DLC, then whatever. The fact that a big group of people came together to celebrate a series they love is so amazing to see. Guys please don't lose faith in Issac or Golden Sun, Nintendo has ears and I'm sure they are listening. If anything, I think you guys should take inspiration from the EarthBound franchise.

If you click on this link, you can find the EarthBound Anthology that a group of dedicated Mother fans created, filled with fan art and praise for the series they love. Mother fans signed petitions with thousands and thousands of signatures, and never shut up about they wanted. Because of that, Nintendo acknowledged them on a variety of occasions. Keep your voices strong and let Nintendo know what you guys want.

"You know, for example, I'm still being bombarded by Mother fans who are asking for that title to be translated into English and launched here in the U.S." - Reggie, 2007.

"Again, we know, I know there's a fan base for that title. All I could say is we're aware. It's something that we always think about in terms of where there are opportunities to reintroduce IP to fans, to do it in a way that builds new fans, we're certainly aware. No promises, no commitments one way or the other, but we're aware." - Reggie, 2018.
What I’m scared of is Golden Sun becoming the next Mother 3. Despite that fanbase being “heard” they still haven’t done anything about it yet. Even after all these years.

A part of me prefers the radio silence regarding Golden Sun. Its a hell of a lot better than being told, “Yes, we hear you, we’re listening, but we’re not going to do anything about it. OK where’s our next Kirby game?”

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
What I’m scared of is Golden Sun becoming the next Mother 3. Despite that fanbase being “heard” they still haven’t done anything about it yet. Even after all these years.

A part of me prefers the radio silence regarding Golden Sun. Its a hell of a lot better than being told, “Yes, we hear you, we’re listening, but we’re not going to do anything about it. OK where’s our next Kirby game?”
We could do worse than becoming the new Mother 3. Mother fans in my experience get treated with respect, out of pity for how we’ve been treated. That’s miles better than ‘lol your anime swordfighter doesn’t deserve to be in Smash, Golden Sun was a bomb’.

Also, anything becoming the new Mother 3 would mean the old Mother 3 getting localized and woo boy gimme.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

-------

So I see that Isaac's Spirit is a 3-star. If he can upgrade into Adult Isaac, does that mean that Adult Isaac is 4-star? And is 4-star the highest possible number of stars or are there 5-star Spirits?
4-Star is the highest possible rank, that being Legend. Odds are that yes, Isaac's spirit upgrades into Adult Isaac and becomes a 4-star.

I absolutely despise it when people say this, we need to stop this notion especially when certain people on these boards continue to say that The Lost Age was a flop with their best source being Wikipedia...
Wikpedia only lists the NA and Japanese sales, and those sales numbers are also outdated. The full numbers of 1.12m were posted in some sort of Japanese publication which Wikipedia does cite on its list of best selling GBA games.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Game_Boy_Advance_video_games

Celine on ResetEra also gets access to the full list of million sellers. Probably a similar source to CESA. Yes it has the same 1.12m for Lost Age as that Wikipedia link above.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...ardware-sales-data-from-1983-to-present.2725/

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I’m very hopeful that Nintendo has taken notice of the Ballot and has been talking with Camelot since the results came out a few years ago.

RPG’s are also doing very well on the Switch and Square even has created their own team to develop more games for it. Hopefully Nintendo is smart enough to realize they have a series they would completely benefit from. Now that Mario Tennis Aces is done and just getting some DLC here and there Camelot can start getting to work on a new GS game/remake.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
The big difference between Earthbound fans and Golden Sun is that EB fans are way more involved. I don't say they love their serie more than we love ours, but making a website to centralize the offensive, making a true art book and sending them to journalists and Nintendo... We are nowhere that involved as a fanbase. Yet.

To be honest, I'm sure Smash is also helping EB fanbase to stay alive, by keeping it somewhat relevant through Ness and Lucas. We don't have that chance.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Speaking of sales, wasn’t Dark Dawn considered the best selling/most sold DS game back in July of this year?

4-Star is the highest level. I believe I heard that roster fighter spirits were also 4-Star. Interesting...

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
The big difference between Earthbound fans and Golden Sun is that EB fans are way more involved. I don't say they love their serie more than we love ours, but making a website to centralize the offensive, making a true art book and sending them to journalists and Nintendo... We are nowhere that involved as a fanbase. Yet.

To be honest, I'm sure Smash is also helping EB fanbase to stay alive, by keeping it somewhat relevant through Ness and Lucas. We don't have that chance.
The problem with the Earthbound series (unless I’m mistaken) is the creator of the series doesn’t want to make anymore games. At least that’s what I’ve heard. So if we’re not getting anymore EB games then Nintendo might not see the worth in releasing Mother 3.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
The problem with the Earthbound series (unless I’m mistaken) is the creator of the series doesn’t want to make anymore games. At least that’s what I’ve heard. So if we’re not getting anymore EB games then Nintendo might not see the worth in releasing Mother 3.
They really should have at least released it on the Wii U VC. Now I can only imagine it being an added special title for a GBA Classic like what they did with Star Fox 2 for the SNES Classic.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
They did release Earthbound Beginnings localized for the first time in 2015. Though that game had the advantage of already having been translated.

Then again, Nintendo could probably get the Mother 3 fan translation for free...

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Speaking of sales, wasn’t Dark Dawn considered the best selling/most sold DS game back in July of this year?

4-Star is the highest level. I believe I heard that roster fighter spirits were also 4-Star. Interesting...
Yeah, I think this Smash speculation cycle has brought more attention to Golden Sun than ever before. I’m sure Nintendo has had to have noticed that.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace

I think the thing that makes the radio silence concerning, is despite how long it took for Dark Dawn to finally come out, during the years before its release feels like the Takahashi brothers talked more, or were interviewed more I guess.

Like this interview that takes place in 2007.

https://web.archive.org/web/2008011...s/Story/200710/N07.1009.1738.03309.htm?Page=3

They went from being up in the air about a possible third game to proclaiming how they want to do one, had to do one and that even Nintendo asked them to make it.

Makes me think if Nintendo acknowledges that they've heard the GS fans, it could possibly lead to Nintendo asking Camelot to make another sequel to Golden Sun again.

Of course there's also this one back in 2010.

https://www-engadget-com.cdn.amppro...ferrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$

After Dark Dawn was announced where there seems to be concern over the new generation of DS users over the older fans who enjoyed the first two back in the day, and of course another mention of how hard it is to continue the story of an RPG, something that they'll reiterate again in 2012, where they'll make another game based on the demand from the fans.

So maybe it's just me but I get paranoid thinking the silence and lack of interviews means nothing's happening and there's nothing to talk about lol.

And reading over that Dark Dawn interview, and how eager the brothers were about the reception, it kind of feels like the criticism it did receive lead to the 2012 interview where they want to be sure fans really want another one, cause of the massive effort it takes.

Though one thing that was fun to read again in that 2007 interview Game informer asks if they were to do another GS, would it be portable or console. And you see the Takahashi brother kind of play it off and laugh about having the two combined, and tada! Did someone say the Switch? He totally predicted it! Can we will a game into existence because dang would that be perfect timing!

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Btw everyone, if you have not followed GS_S***posts on Twitter, please do. I would link it, but it might get censored here.
They got some pretty funny stuff and another good way to keep Golden Sun fresh on everyone’s minds. The latest one about Piers being a Globetrotter despite Weyard being flat got me laughing at the irony.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Of course there's also this one back in 2010.
"Now that the game is launching soon, I'm eager to see how it is received by both longtime fans as well as those being exposed to the series for the first time" - Hiroyuki Takahashi

Man, the criticism from longtime fans must have crushed them...
Regardless of whether said criticism was deserved, I think they really wanted to appeal to both the old and new audiences and it must have been disappointing not to see either side really latch on to the game in full force.
Reading this now makes me feel a bit sad.

"During the development, we were concerned that players have generationally changed after seven years"

I imagine the same concern would be in their minds right now if they are making a new GS, and it could be one of their biggest fears for a revival of the franchise. To pour so much love into a game for its fans just to find that those fans have moved on and don't want the same old GS anymore...that would be rough. Of course, GS fans haven't moved on from the series after all these years and we gotta show them that.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
"Now that the game is launching soon, I'm eager to see how it is received by both longtime fans as well as those being exposed to the series for the first time" - Hiroyuki Takahashi

Man, the criticism from longtime fans must have crushed them...
Regardless of whether said criticism was deserved, I think they really wanted to appeal to both the old and new audiences and it must have been disappointing not to see either side really latch on to the game in full force.
Reading this now makes me feel a bit sad.

"During the development, we were concerned that players have generationally changed after seven years"

I imagine the same concern would be in their minds right now if they are making a new GS, and it could be one of their biggest fears for a revival of the franchise. To pour so much love into a game for its fans just to find that those fans have moved on and don't want the same old GS anymore...that would be rough.
It just baffles me that after how the first two games were successful and critically acclaimed it took them so damn long to get DD out. Golden Sun was put on the GBA and GBASP boxes. That’s how much faith Nintendo had in that series. And then of course when they finally got around to releasing it they put it on the DS just a few months before the 3DS came out, killing any chance of momentum it might have gotten.

The series was mishandled badly and was a big reason it faltered. Not to mention Dark Dawn had improvements, but was disappointing to most.

I know as a Golden Sun fan I have a bit of a bias but I really feel like Nintendo has a gold mine here if they just started over on the Switch.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
Btw everyone, if you have not followed GS_S***posts on Twitter, please do. I would link it, but it might get censored here.
They got some pretty funny stuff and another good way to keep Golden Sun fresh on everyone’s minds. The latest one about Piers being a Globetrotter despite Weyard being flat got me laughing at the irony.
I went back here just for that. I don't know who is managing that account, but he's doing it well, and he is gaining momentum quickly. Bring the followers!

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

If you guys wanted to start a Golden Sun project or fansite, I'm telling you right now you guys have the numbers in this thread alone to do so. Nothing huge, but starting off with something small and building upon that would be another great way to get Nintendo to recognize you guys.

It's kind of a running joke and stereotype that us Mother fans are crazy obsessed with the series because of how much passion we put into our fan projects. If you guys really want Nintendo to hear what you have to say, you guys need to reach that level of obsessiveness. There's no time for sitting around on your hands and being upset about the way Golden Sun is treated. Someone has to take the initiative to start something. All it takes is one person. Just one. Look at Reid Young, who created Starmen.net which blew up into the #1 EarthBound fansite to the point where Shigesato Itoi (creator of Mother) acknowledged the site directly.

But then there's another issue I saw some of you brought up: There's a difference between being acknowledged and actually getting what you want. Yes, that is 100% true. Big difference there. However, it is better to let Nintendo know that there is a demand for Golden Sun rather than suffering in silence. It's been 12 years since Mother 3 came out and Reggie let everyone know that the game is still on Nintendo of America's mind, they don't forget. Us Mother fans understand that the likelihood of getting an international Mother 3 is pretty slim, even after Nintendo acknowledged us, but that never made us give up or stop trying. Just a couple of years back Starmen.net did a Mother 3 Siege on Miiverse which got a lot of reception. The point is, we're still trying.

I know I'm getting all motivational and stuff, but my main point here is that in life if you want something you don't say "there's no point because the odds are against me." If you truly want something, then go the extra mile and fight for it (not literally, lol). Getting Nintendo to recognize Golden Sun fans shouldn't be too hard at this point because you already won half the battle: getting a ton of dedicated people together. Use this power of numbers to channel your creativity and passion and direct it all at Nintendo. You have a voice and it's truly a blessing that Nintendo isn't a silent brick wall.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
If you guys wanted to start a Golden Sun project or fansite, I'm telling you right now you guys have the numbers in this thread alone to do so. Nothing huge, but starting off with something small and building upon that would be another great way to get Nintendo to recognize you guys.
This is what Golden Sunday served for us. Yes, there is plenty more we can do, but it was a solid start.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace

It's kind of a running joke and stereotype that us Mother fans are crazy obsessed with the series because of how much passion we put into our fan projects. If you guys really want Nintendo to hear what you have to say, you guys need to reach that level of obsessiveness. There's no time for sitting around on your hands and being upset about the way Golden Sun is treated. Someone has to take the initiative to start something. All it takes is one person. Just one. Look at Reid Young, who created Starmen.net which blew up into the #1 EarthBound fansite to the point where Shigesato Itoi (creator of Mother) acknowledged the site directly.

But then there's another issue I saw some of you brought up: There's a difference between being acknowledged and actually getting what you want. Yes, that is 100% true. Big difference there. However, it is better to let Nintendo know that there is a demand for Golden Sun rather than suffering in silence. It's been 12 years since Mother 3 came out and Reggie let everyone know that the game is still on Nintendo of America's mind, they don't forget. Us Mother fans understand that the likelihood of getting an international Mother 3 is pretty slim, even after Nintendo acknowledged us, but that never made us give up or stop trying. Just a couple of years back Starmen.net did a Mother 3 Siege on Miiverse which got a lot of reception. The point is, we're still trying.

I know I'm getting all motivational and stuff, but my main point here is that in life if you want something you don't say "there's no point because the odds are against me." If you truly want something, then go the extra mile and fight for it (not literally, lol). Getting Nintendo to recognize Golden Sun fans shouldn't be too hard at this point because you already won half the battle: getting a ton of dedicated people together. Use this power of numbers to channel your creativity and passion and direct it all at Nintendo. You have a voice and it's truly a blessing that Nintendo isn't a silent brick wall.
That’s the hard part. Golden Sunday was a nice starting point for having our voices heard, but we need to do more. And we’re trying. I remember we were talking about a website... but I’m not sure how that went. We currently have 3 Twitters that are dedicated to keeping interest in the series alive by creating and sharing GS related art and tweets.

But we do need to do more.

D

Deleted member

They just stopped making them.

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn was the last non-Mario sports title Camelot made, released in 2010. Part of it was likely due to cost versus revenue; the game was looked as not being profitable given the increase of costs due to the shift from 2D sprites to 3D polygons. The other was the shift in staffing, as turnover had happened from late 2002, when The Lost Age was released in Japan, to 2009, when Dark Dawn was announced.

Mario games are more of a safe bet for the company, but it is not as if the Takahashi brothers forgot about Ogon no Taiyo. Rather than utilizing anything from the Shining series to symbolize their 20th anniversary of becoming their own company after spending a few years as a subgroup of Sonic Team, they had a Venus Djinn on their corporate website. And, as of recently, they alluded to wanting Mario to being akin to an elemental adept during the story mode of Aces in a magazine interview.

What I've seen from Ultimate is that it's pretty clear that whether it's because of fan demand or due to looking at the limitations of the previous installment due to making the 3DS and Wii U versions one and the same, Golden Sun wound up getting more input for a "non playable" series than most other series, with only Rhythm Heaven getting slightly more in terms of Spirits and Codename S.T.E.A.M. getting a whopping four music tracks (though only one spirit).

Hopefully, we may see an HD remake of the first two games ported onto the Switch that ties together the story, and also adds a few extra bits, but time will tell. For now, let's wait on the game.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
Codename S.T.E.A.M. getting a whopping four music tracks (though only one spirit).
On a side note, that irks me. Advance Wars have nearly nothing to show (3 spirits, no AT, no song) despite being more successful and loved, and both games being made by Intelligent Systems.

Top Bottom