• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I want Saturos Battle theme in Ultimate. Adding Assist Trophy promotions in the 2nd Wave would push interest in DLC choices. You would get many people clamoring for more characters, a rebirthing of tremendous hype.
Not to mention that most of the AT (and spirits) that are highly requested are Nintendo. Which means less money to spend on 3rd parties.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Now that we have this Mii costume, has there been any investigation into the "perfect" Mii configuration for Isaac's face? If not, we have our homework to do until the game releases.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
You know, as neat as the Mii costume is, I'm actually getting more worried about Isaac's DLC chances the more GS stuff is shown in base: what do they save for DLC? I hope my theory still holds true, but it's a little unnerving, to me, at least.
At least before, instead of being "suspiciously absent", Isaac was "suspiciously present", as it was just his Assist, and a couple spirits. However, now we can see six different spirits, an Assist, a Mii costume, and two songs: the Brawl remix, and probably Weyard again from Dark Dawn. (I was going through the music file name list and saw ont_overwold which I assumed to be Oogon No Taiyou Overworld, which is probably Weyard)

StormC

Smash Hero
You know, as neat as the Mii costume is, I'm actually getting more worried about Isaac's DLC chances the more GS stuff is shown in base: what do they save for DLC? I hope my theory still holds true, but it's a little unnerving, to me, at least.
At least before, instead of being "suspiciously absent", Isaac was "suspiciously present", as it was just his Assist, and a couple spirits. However, now we can see six different spirits, an Assist, a Mii costume, and two songs: the Brawl remix, and probably Weyard again from Dark Dawn. (I was going through the music file name list and saw ont_overwold which I assumed to be Oogon No Taiyou Overworld, which is probably Weyard)
Genuinely speaking, there's no reason to assume Isaac will be DLC. Don't expect it, I say. He has no more reason to be DLC than any other Assist Trophy.

I'm still in the "no season 2" corner, so I doubt we will see Assist promotions of any kind. If there is one, consider it a pleasant surprise.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I mean the DLC characters all seem to be getting a stage and some music. So having spirits and a costume doesn’t mean much in regards to that.

I could see Isaac coming with a Venus Lighthouse stage and some new remixes.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
You know, as neat as the Mii costume is, I'm actually getting more worried about Isaac's DLC chances the more GS stuff is shown in base: what do they save for DLC?
They save playable Isaac, a stage, and additional songs. We know DLC packs are comprised of Fighter, Stage, and new music. That's the bare minimum, and happens to be exactly what GS is missing this time around. Take that how you will, though.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
You know, as neat as the Mii costume is, I'm actually getting more worried about Isaac's DLC chances the more GS stuff is shown in base: what do they save for DLC?
Actually, I’d argue it raises the chances of the theory being right and Isaac being DLC. They added 8 spirits, a mii costume, and an assist trophy with whole new moves (something no other returning assist has). Now, notice how none of that stuff is included in DLC packs, meaning if we’re right and Isaac was chosen to be DLC due to a recent development with the series, they wouldn’t have to remove any of that stuff. You know what they would have to remove? The music. How suspicious it is that the one thing we didn’t get more of is the only thing that would be DLC.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Genuinely speaking, there's no reason to assume Isaac will be DLC. Don't expect it, I say. He has no more reason to be DLC than any other Assist Trophy.

I'm still in the "no season 2" corner, so I doubt we will see Assist promotions of any kind. If there is one, consider it a pleasant surprise.
I'm not expecting it at all, but I won't be surprised if it happens. I've gathered the evidence together and the signs point to Golden Sun. I suppose we'll find out in the next few months, however.
I mean the DLC characters all seem to be getting a stage and some music. So having spirits and a costume doesn’t mean much in regards to that.

I could see Isaac coming with a Venus Lighthouse stage and some new remixes.
Yeah, I guess that makes sense. The lack of music is the most damming for me. It's kinda strange that all these series got new music (Codename STEAM? Really?), and Golden Sun got zip.
Actually, I’d argue it raises the chances of the theory being right and Isaac being DLC. They added 8 spirits, a mii costume, and an assist trophy with whole new moves (something no other returning assist has). Now, notice how none of that stuff is included in DLC packs, meaning if we’re right and Isaac was chosen to be DLC due to a recent development with the series, they wouldn’t have to remove any of that stuff. You know what they would have to remove? The music. How suspicious it is that the one thing we didn’t get more of is the only thing that would be DLC.
Oh, I like this theory.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord

I feel there is absolutely no way we don’t get more than just Wave 1 of DLC. The Switch isn’t even 2 years old and it’s extremely successful. This thing will be around for another 4-5 years. And Ultimate is THE Smash title for it. So this is what we have for that time period.

We already know they have like 30 placeholders for characters if they ever wanted to add anymore in the future. I highly doubt we’ll get that many, but I can see a season 2 and 3 at least.

And of course I’d love to have Isaac in one of those waves, but I’m going to be realistic about his chances as well. I think he doesn’t have much of a shot unless (like I said earlier) we get another GS game next year. Then I’ll be more optimistic.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Why is the Isaac wig hair better looking than his AT banana one?! XD
Assist trophy models are meant to be less taxing than player models. Isaac's is just more obvious about it.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Having only these 2 GS songs (Felix/Doom Dragon Brawl Remix & Weyard -Dark Dawn- rip) ported from Smash 4 and not getting at least one new song from the series after getting 8 Spirits, an AT and a Mii costume makes you really wonder there. Like, a lot.

As others have said, DLC specifically gets a character, a stage AND music. If there was more music of GS already, what else could they add if a DLC GS character was planned?

In turn, it most likely means nothing. But where’s the fun in not speculating on this? We are not out of the game just yet! I don’t care what the chances are for a GS rep, I’m having fun here. This is the best board I’ve ever been on in a very long time.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Having only these 2 GS songs (Felix/Doom Dragon Brawl Remix & Weyard -Dark Dawn- rip) ported from Smash 4 and not getting at least one new song from the series after getting 8 Spirits, an AT and a Mii costume makes you really wonder there. Like, a lot.

As others have said, DLC specifically gets a character, a stage AND music. If there was more music of GS already, what else could they add if a DLC GS character was planned?

In turn, it most likely means nothing. But where’s the fun in not speculating on this? We are not out of the game just yet! I don’t care what the chances are for a GS rep, I’m having fun here. This is the best board I’ve ever been on in a very long time.
aye aye man. Only 12 days remain till we finally have the game ourselves. But now we must keep raising our voices for golden sun to return as a franchise so Isaac can have his shot to make it into smash. Ever since that rathalos tweet, the golden sun fanbase has rallied more then ever after we got nothing in smash 4. Its been 8 long years without a new game and like you, I will hope that with everyday we get closer to the announcement of a golden sun 4 or remaster on the Nintendo switch. I will cry manly tears if I see that cause Golden Sun means a lot to so many of us. Let's all fulfill the dream!

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Seeing how in the past Mii Costumes seem to indicate how the designs of characters would look if they were playable characters, I think the Isaac’s Mii Costume may indicate how his design would be if he was a playable character.

There are some notable differences between his AT and Mii Outfit. Like his boots being more detailed and raggedy, and the colors being a lot less saturated than his AT model and seem to reflect more.

It looks good, I’m happy that this seems to indicate that the Smash team really noticed how much support there is for Isaac.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Here’s an interesting question! What do you guys think the best move set would be for the Isaac Mii Swordsman?

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Now that we have this Mii costume, has there been any investigation into the "perfect" Mii configuration for Isaac's face? If not, we have our homework to do until the game releases.
I really want to know this too. I hope we are not locked into using that face but whichever face we can create...

Icana

Smash Apprentice
the costume looks awesome! Isaac Mii Mains unite!
I was wondering how we'll keep this board alive for the next year or so, and maybe this is it. We're Mii Swordfighters now! lol

Are Mii fighters tournament legal? I never see them used there. Don't know if it's because they're banned, they're bad, or simply because nobody cares to use them.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Are Mii fighters tournament legal? I never see them used there. Don't know if it's because they're banned, they're bad, or simply because nobody cares to use them.
All of the above.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Question, how is Isaac costume compare to other costumes, someone said on this trend long ago that the K Rool costume as similar texture to Ultimate K Rool.

If he is more detailed it's looking good I'd say.

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman
Question, how is Isaac costume compare to other costumes, someone said on this trend long ago that the K Rool costume as similar texture to Ultimate K Rool.

If he is more detailed it's looking good I'd say.
We'll have to wait and see if the Mii costume of Isaac has higher quality textures than the Assist Trophy.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
I meant comparing to others costumes. Didn't we agree that the hair look better on the Miis?

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
We'll have to wait and see if the Mii costume of Isaac has higher quality textures than the Assist Trophy.
It almost certainly does. The hair is much less saturated, has finer detailing, the boots have folds, and over all the colour scheme is much more subdued.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
It almost certainly does. The hair is much less saturated, has finer detailing, the boots have folds, and over all the colour scheme is much more subdued.
Which means thst the costume was made after the AT? Or what?

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Which means thst the costume was made after the AT? Or what?
It definitely came after the assist lol, it uses the assist as a basis but adds in detailing that makes it meet the quality of a mii costume

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman
This is really interesting. Adult Isaac as DLC does not seem too far fetched lol
I think the Adult Isaac wouldn't bring as much roster diversity as the one we've seen in the teenage Issac. There's already a lot of adult male sword characters. Lol

Last edited:

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
I think the Adult Isaac wouldn't bring as much roster diversity as the one we've seen in the teenage Issac. There's already a lot of adult male sword characters. Lol
But that glorious beard though! Lol I do get your point all things considered. Maybe teen Isaac can be an alt?

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Well we don't have any bearded adults this time around with Ganondorf reverting to his OOT appearance soo... Yay?

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Adult Isaac and Snake can be bearded bros while Young Isaac can be silent JRPG bros with the likes of Link.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Adult Isaac would be part of the buff/swol characters like :ultganondorf::ultsnake::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultryu::ultken::ultrichter::ultlittlemac::ultike::ultfalcon: and whoever I missed.

Beard bros., however is definitely lacking. Adult Isaac can help in that. Lol

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Adult Isaac would be part of the buff/swol characters like :ultganondorf::ultsnake::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultryu::ultken::ultrichter::ultlittlemac::ultike::ultfalcon: and whoever I missed.

Beard bros., however is definitely lacking. Adult Isaac can help in that. Lol
This. Exactly this...bearded fighters need more reps!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Lol, aren't their sizes drastically different from each other?
No, not that much. Adult Isaac is taller, but technically he's barely aged due to the effects of the Golden Sun. Making them skins wouldn't be that difficult if they can make RD Ike a skin of PoR Ike when RD Ike is far more muscular.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I was browsing YouTube and I came across this epic arrangement of Isaac's battle theme and I just had to share it with the rest of you. It sounds like an actual remix that would fit perfectly with the other Smash arrangements

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Glad to see/hear that we got our Isaac Mii costume and a respectable amount of Spirits to boot. Not a big fan of the Mii Swordfighter moveset, but I'm happy to try again in Ultimate now that we can do a damn good Isaac impression. It's not as ideal as a proper DLC character, of course, but after the AT disappointment I'm happy to take this consolation prize. Now I can focus more on being hype for whatever DLC we do get instead of just being salty over anything not from Golden Sun, as the worst-case scenario has been avoided.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I was browsing YouTube and I came across this epic arrangement of Isaac's battle theme and I just had to share it with the rest of you. It sounds like an actual remix that would fit perfectly with the other Smash arrangements
I found that same remix a few weeks ago. I think it’s my favorite Isaac Battle remix to date. I need more GS remixes like this one, please! Also, that choir in the remix though! Bro!!!

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
:ultsnake:

You rang?
I meant first party but you are right! Wouldn't it be very nice see Adult Isaac and Snake being like UGH I AM TOO OLD FOR THIS YOUNGSTERS THINGS at literally everyone else ahah

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman
Glad to see/hear that we got our Isaac Mii costume and a respectable amount of Spirits to boot. Not a big fan of the Mii Swordfighter moveset, but I'm happy to try again in Ultimate now that we can do a damn good Isaac impression. It's not as ideal as a proper DLC character, of course, but after the AT disappointment I'm happy to take this consolation prize. Now I can focus more on being hype for whatever DLC we do get instead of just being salty over anything not from Golden Sun, as the worst-case scenario has been avoided.
Still, what would be the Isaac Mii's custom set?
N
Gale Strike
Shuriken of Light
Blurring Blade
S
Airborne Assault
Slash Launcher
Charkam
U
Stone Scabbard
Skyward Slash
Hero's Spin
D
Blade Counter
Reversal Slash
Power Thrust
I know tournaments will probably only allow specific sets for the Miis, but I'm asking for the specific moves to be closest to the character as possible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom