• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
If I knew people who claimed to have seen anything I would at least say, "ok guys, I am not to sure about this so until more evidence is provided this is just hearsay from my inside source. But there have been Isaac sightings, take this however you like." And now I am an insider ta da! Or I can be an insider after lots of people already think Isaac is in. "My sources inside can indeed confirm that the plant sprout item is indeed an item from GS and Isaac is in" and I am still an insider even though I don't really have a source either way I just want to feel important and discussed by the community. Double ta da!!!! It is magic....but not really.
Well, I’m obviously not an Insider. But if you’re asking me I think most probably wouldn’t want to say “I heard some things about this character but I’m not positive” because even if you word it carefully it doesn’t matter if you’re wrong. You still got it wrong. Why would people bother listening to you?

I think most would rather wait until they got more evidence before completely commiting to something.

Yes, we’ve all seen the item. It really looks like he’s in. But even though then we still aren’t positive. But then someone like Mystic comes in and says “Yes, I’m pretty sure he’s in because along with the item I have heard things from people on the inside that you guys most likely haven’t so I’m going to tell you guys I think he’s a lock.”

Believe him if you want to or don’t. I understand that it seems like Insiders half the time are completely wrong. I get people’s distrust. I’m not going to lie. I’m in this thread because I want Isaac in. I’m biased.

Last edited:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
I have so many emotions writhing around in my stomach right now, and it's keeping me from focusing on my schoolwork,

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I have so many emotions writhing around in my stomach right now, and it's keeping me from focusing on my schoolwork,
Same. I remember what it feels like when Nintendo actually decides to tell us things rather then have the community do nothing but speculate for 48 days between announcements.

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
I just want to say that seeing everyone being so optimistic warms my heart. No matter the outcome Thursday I just want to say that it has been an honor even if I came a bit late here.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yes. Vergeben already made those claims about Ken and Incieroar. Making it after the fact the sprout orb showed up proves their "information" is based on what others have said. 108 stages was provided by Corocoro.
Because Isaac is a safe bet at this point after all of these leaks happened. No "insider" is going to ignore Isaac after the sprout leak. Anybody who predicted Isaac before this would have more credibility because there was not an item that looked like it came from Golden Sun.
Edit: People who make safe predictions are not really leakers; especially, if someone already made the claim. How many people built upon Vergeben after he said Square is getting a rep and then "predicted" Geno after the Grinch leak.
I wish I had the time to say why this is a fundamental misunderstanding of how credible insiders operate. Suffice it to say, people are really bending themselves backwards to justify how a near-unanimous wave of insiders with matching claims somehow isn't indicative of accurate info proliferating.

These aren't people who just showed up with claims expecting to be taken seriously, like some 4chan post. That's when you try to keep it safe and believable. These are people with existing reputations, not trying to convince, but trying to inform. If they were trying to convince, they would've said more than "don't believe it". They're not here to pull a quick caper, their basis is their reputation. Meanwhile the few insiders that do share more are lambasted and accused of this kinda conspiracy-weaving stuff.

No leaker who hopes to continue operating within insider channels is going to throw out claims predicated on tenuous theories like the sprout orb or guessing as to the identity of Vergeben hints. Basing claims on such speculative conjecture will catch up with them, they will eventually be wrong, and will find themselves blacklisted. Only if you're some anon would that kind of stuff be inconsequential.

Don't work backwards trying to justify a conclusion by filling in the gaps. Look at things from all angles and keep an open mind. Oh and fwiw "No "insider" is going to ignore Isaac after the sprout leak." Literally they all have, minus one.

Last edited:

tamagone

Smash Rookie
Whatever it is in the end; being optimistic is what's left for me. I choose to believe in the hard to debunk Grinch Leak, which has so much good evidence for it going on right now, rather than a bunch of 'insiders' who only reveal stuff that is quite literally only good for them.

The banner has a high chance of being real; insiders do not.

Don't believe Emily, "Mother 3 will come to the west!" if she doesn't have any sources. Simple as that. We can't give up. Not now.

This is essentially the 'fusion fight' of this thread. And we'll make it!

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Good luck from your boys in the Geno thread! People always debate if Geno or Issac is the third piece of the "Triforce" Ridley and K. Rool were a part of, but I say it's both! A Quadforce! Or maybe that upside down empty spot in the middle!

...Yeah, I know, that's lame. Still, let's all hope we both get what we want!

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm not giving up until the bloody end dammit! We've never been this close to having our boy playable like we are now.

SundaeS

Smash Cadet
Man I have an essay to do, but once I'm done with all my school work I'll be ready to jump back to supporting Isaac for these next 48 hours!
Some worries are going through my head, but I'll be hoping with you all Thursday!! I haven't given up yet that's for sure!

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Can I just say I apologize if I came off sounding like an ***hole. I promise I’m not trying to make enemies around here. If you don’t want to believe any insiders I understand where you are coming from. I get it. Mystic is the only insider confirming Isaac and he has a pretty credible history. Not everybody is jumping on it.

Either way I’m sorry if I upset anyone.

AlliwantisIsaac

Smash Cadet
So GameXplain has a new hour long video on the smash direct and they're all agreeing how they think Isaac's gonna be in.

So this to me pretty much confirms it to me. As I think they might have their sources like cmon how can you correctly "guess" 4 FF titles coming to the switch?

But they do seem really iffy about it...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well things are looking up for Isaac, which is great! If people are hyped, I totally get it.

Me, I've just been at this for so very long, so it's not that I'm not putting stock in all these good signs, but at this point, Isaac is very much a "I'll believe it when I see it" kinda deal. I think I would've lost it a long time ago if it weren't. :laugh:

Luckily, we may only have to wait two more days!

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
not an isaac supporter, although i did play Golden sun back in teh day, but as for all the newcomers that are doing decent noise right now, Isaac gotta be teh one i'm more interested to (and skull kid... but honestly looks very unlikely, even if grinch leak is fake)

My only wish is that they keep all the touchy touchy hands out of teh moveset and do something either regarding earth, plants, djinns, or whatevers.

So, wishing you guys best of lucks on the direct! *wink*

Last edited:

DCavalier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cavalierredeyes
Switch FC
SW 5638 2481 3507
Can I just say I apologize if I came off sounding like an ***hole. I promise I’m not trying to make enemies around here. If you don’t want to believe any insiders I understand where you are coming from. I get it. Mystic is the only insider confirming Isaac and he has a pretty credible history. Not everybody is jumping on it.

Either way I’m sorry if I upset anyone.
Don't worry man (man-ette ?) we all in this together.
Of course people with inside information can and can't be wrong it is just the nature of the thing.

Insiders can have legit info but if they got nothing to show other than the words of "my source is totes legit" then to the general public that is just hearsay or gossip.

Who are we to believe if we can't even distiguish who is telling the truth if both sides are seemingly just hearsay ?

That's why the only thing we can do is wait until the Direct, not much longer and everything will be revealed.
So at this point we all should relax and just let the thing happen.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well things are looking up for Isaac, which is great! If people are hyped, I totally get it.

Me, I've just been at this for so very long, so it's not that I'm not putting stock in all these good signs, but at this point, Isaac is very much a "I'll believe it when I see it" kinda deal. I think I would've lost it a long time ago if it weren't. :laugh:

Luckily, we may only have to wait two more days!
I can't blame you. This is my third game hoping and speculating for Isaac. Both Brawl and Super Smash Bros 4 were soul-crushing. If Isaac turns out to not be in Ultimate, it will be a much bigger blow after all of this.

I've been pessimistic through this whole game's speculation cycle, but with everything that has been going on lately, it's extremely hard to keep myself calm.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
T-48 Hours from now, and Isaac's fate will be all but revealed. It's quite exciting, for both us and the fans of all the others implicated in the leak; Banjo & Kazooie, Geno, Chorus Men and Mach Rider...

Let's all cross that finish line together with all of them in Smash Ultimate come the conclusion of the Final Smash Ultimate Direct!
Now to get back to assignments and still be slightly annoyed the direct will induce sleep depravation for me that Friday morning because of timezones...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So GameXplain has a new hour long video on the smash direct and they're all agreeing how they think Isaac's gonna be in.

So this to me pretty much confirms it to me. As I think they might have their sources like cmon how can you correctly "guess" 4 FF titles coming to the switch?
Any other characters they felt would be "in"? Dunno if I feel like staying up watching myself...

MatthewVenusAdept

Smash Cadet

Which one said that he thinks isaac is in? That matters.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Wait, is Jon at GameXplain confident in Isaac?
Edit: they put tetris block in the thumbnail but not Isaac? Why does this anger me?

Last edited:

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
I don't think they'd put DLC on the banner. It doesn't make any logical sense to do that since you're trying to market the game by using that very mural. And having DLC before the game is even out would just be... weird. It'd be something freaking EA would do.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
This has been a really intense week all around, so all in all I have one thing to say leading up to this direct.

Did you notice Pikachu Libre is a girl?

Last edited:

AlliwantisIsaac

Smash Cadet
I'll do a quick scan. I'll let you know in a few minutes.
so here's what they're saying:
Banjo:DLC
Isaac: Maybe, maybe assist
Geno: Maybe, DLC
Chorus kids: either no rep or assist trophy
Shadow: Likely to be in
Ken: Very likely
Incineroar: Iffy but they say he makes sense being in the game

That's about all i got. If anyone wants to add to this that'd be great.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Wait, is Jon at GameXplain confident in Isaac?
Edit: they put tetris block in the thumbnail but not Isaac? Why does this anger me?
Derek said he thought Isaac would be in.
Ash agreed with him.
Jon also agreed.
Andre said he didn’t think so and asked Jon again and then Jon said no.

But Andre also thinks a Tetris Block will be playable and he couldn’t give a **** less about Golden Sun so he wouldn’t give Isaac a chance anyways.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Same. I'm most worried about Banjo-Kazooie than anything. I get the feeling he's the one "big" character who may not make it.
Even IF Banjo doesn’t make it base game (I trust PapaGenos and his source on Banjo being there, though), I see him as sure-fire DLC. They know how much people want him, I believe Sakurai will do it if he can.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Chorus Kids and Mach Rider being Assists would cause the least outrage, but again, Chorus Kids might be a holdover from Smash U so they could be playable. Shadow could stay as an Assist, but then it'd odd he wasn't revealed earlier as one.

Honestly I have no clue. Geno and Banjo are third party characters or owned by competitors so they wouldn't be included just for Assists. And I don't think he'd bring Isaac back as an Assist either.

D

Deleted member

Will watch the GameXPlain thing when I can they are always a top priority to me. But got some stuff to do and Mayans M.C. got another new episode I'm hyped for so later it'll be a great discussion I'm sure always is.

Sending love to all the potential characters let's go.

Come on Isaac.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581

Andre does not think he is in, implied assist trophy.
Jon is uncertain about it due to golden sun's questionable relevance
Ash think's he is in, but would not be surprised if not.
Derrik is certain he's in.

Literally the full range of opinions. From probably assist, to not appearing, to playable. No freaking wonder sources are so confused about this character.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
so here's what they're saying:
Banjo:DLC
Isaac: Maybe, maybe assist
Geno: Maybe, DLC
Chorus kids: either no rep or assist trophy
Shadow: Likely to be in
Ken: Very likely
Incineroar: Iffy but they say he makes sense being in the game

That's about all i got. If anyone wants to add to this that'd be great.
Right so they're saying Incineroar is "iffy", which pretty much makes this all a facade, and not worth reading into, as they're masking what they've heard. And that's fine, that's their prerogative, but it just won't be of help.

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
I'm keeping tabs on Jon. He's the one that "predicted" all that crazy stuff in September.

- Story mode against main villains that have kidnapped the heroes, CGI cutscenes.
- A new Pokémon fighter.
- Chibi-Robo.
- A Tetris stage.
- Viridi as Palutena echo.
- Tropical Freeze stage (Saw Mill Thrill).
- Online seasons with franchises. Splatfests almost, like "Mario vs. Zelda" and characters earn points for their franchise.
- 100% on Ken being an echo.
- Doesn't think Isaac is relevant enough to be a fighter, especially after being cut from an AT.
- Master Hand will speak, and have dialogue, during Classic and Spirits modes. Specifies hand puns.
- Rayman and Klonoa are ATs.
- We'll learn about DLC, but no DLC characters shown off in this Direct.
- No new Xenoblade characters, but a Skell will be an item to jump in and attack enemies.
- Says Geno and Banjo won't be in the base game, but are likely for DLC.

We'll see, Jon.
Courtesy of Grippy_Toad Grippy_Toad over at the General Discussion thread.

Top Bottom