• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Now the real question in: If/when he’s revealed, should we band together to send Sakurai a thank you letter? Have our best fan artists make something truly great and all of our supporters listed. Send it via twitter or something.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I think the insiders have had looser lips ever since the Grinch leak really.

Nobody was even mentioning Geno by name until recently, it was all "Square Enix rep".
Exactly. They only mention something after it shows up. Which is why all these "insiders" mention Isaac. Not really a risk to include a character who has an official leak showing their potential inclusion.
All of this proves that these "insiders" know no more of the game then we do. Which is why they have suddenly started adding characters after leaks have shown up discussing the characters. They pick a character they believe is safe based on someone else's information and pray they are right.
Edit: N3ON before or after Wendy's leak?

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
How about this for the Direct?

Sakurai at his office, holding a mic.

Camera zoom.

"Isaac."

Mic drop.

Fade to black.

39 and 1/2 minutes of some of the best damn music in video games.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Edit: N3ON before or after Wendy's leak?
Well, after. But it seems unrelated to the Wendy's vid (Mystic said a lot of stuff). And past the mural being fake, none of them were saying anything beforehand, other than Verg.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I'm just wondering who would make sense as assist trophies (there's supposedly at least two of them).

Mystic said he's confident in Ken, Incineroar, Isaac and Geno.

Obviously Banjo & Kazooie aren't assist trophies.

That leaves Shadow, Mach Rider and Chorus Kids as the remaining candidates.

(assuming Mystics sources are correct)
Chorus Kids like what if there not the Rhythm Heaven rap what if it's karate Joe

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Well, after, but it seems unrelated to the Wendy's vid (Mystic said a lot of stuff), and past the mural being fake, none of them were saying anything beforehand, other than Verg.
And there is my incentive to discard Mystic's "predictions" into the trash.
Edit: And them not saying anything before Verg shows they are trying to play it safe based off of what others have said. Which is what someone with inside knowledge doesn't do.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
And there is my incentive to discard Mystic's "predictions" into the trash.
So the logic here is he saw the sprout orb and then claimed that Ken, Incineroar, Geno, and 108 stages are in, but because he also said Isaac, the claims must just be related to the item and are therefore worthless?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
So the logic here is he saw the sprout orb and then claimed that Ken, Incineroar, Geno, and 108 stages are in, but because he also said Isaac, the claims must just be related to the item and are therefore worthless?
Yes. Vergeben already made those claims about Ken and Incieroar. Making it after the fact the sprout orb showed up proves their "information" is based on what others have said. 108 stages was provided by Corocoro.
Because Isaac is a safe bet at this point after all of these leaks happened. No "insider" is going to ignore Isaac after the sprout leak. Anybody who predicted Isaac before this would have more credibility because there was not an item that looked like it came from Golden Sun.
Edit: People who make safe predictions are not really leakers; especially, if someone already made the claim. How many people built upon Vergeben after he said Square is getting a rep and then "predicted" Geno after the Grinch leak.

Last edited:

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Holy crap, y’all. This is it! No matter what happens Thursday it has been an honor and a privilege to support our boy and keep the hype going with you fine ladies and gentlemen. And on Friday we’ll either be celebrating our victory or waving the DLC flag. Either way, let’s congratulate ourselves on having the biggest and most enthusiastic, chill, and supportive (imo) of this season’s character threads.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I am planning one of my honest character intros after the direct. Should I do one large one or just do the newcomers for Ultimate? I know not everybody has seen my previous posts so I would be cool with doing one big for all characters seperated by game.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Quote from Emily about the banner characters being assist trophies:

Scroll down to post #2215 for the quote.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...ead-about-nothing.77842/page-45#post-14392813

Basically, more than one of the banner characters are assist trophies.

Anyway, I can't keep up with this. I've gotta go to work soon. Hopefully Isaac keeps looking good when I get back.
I'm really hoping it's the Chrous Kids or Mach Rider that's the AT because if it's Isaac, i'm going to cry by eyeballs out. After all that teasing for the character and all the support he's gotten over the years.

Don't do by boy dirty like that Sakurai.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Yes. Vergeben already made those claims about Ken and Incieroar. Making it after the fact the sprout orb showed up proves their "information" is based on what others have said. 108 stages was provided by Corocoro.
Because Isaac is a safe bet at this point after all of these leaks happened. No "insider" is going to ignore Isaac after the sprout leak. Anybody who predicted Isaac before this would have more credibility because there was not an item that looked like it came from Golden Sun.
Lol why did you come into this Isaac thread to try and ruin Isaac fans’ hopes?

Isaac is a highly requested character that ranked high on the Smash Ballot.

Possibly was removed from September Direct (Only speculation but there’s enough there to speculate)

Rathalos tweet pointed out by Sakurai that referenced Golden Sun

New item discovered that looks like Growth Psynergy

Insiders like Mystic saying he’s confident about Isaac

We have plenty of reason to believe he’s in. Stop trying to bring everyone down. Sorry Ashley didn’t make the cut.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Ouch. I hope its not true about the banner characters being ATs.

Waluigi, Bomberman, Shovel Knight, and Krystal are also missing and they were huge contenders.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

Possibly was removed from September Direct (Only speculation but there’s enough there to speculate)

We have plenty of reason to believe he’s in. Stop trying to bring everyone down. Sorry Ashley didn’t make the cut.
What do you mean by ruining? I am claiming why Isaac is a safe bet now for "insiders" saying he is in the game. Not that Isaac isn't in the game.
Edit: My post is against the "insiders" and why "predicting" Isaac after all these leaks does not prove the "insiders" information true.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
What do you mean by ruining? I am claiming why Isaac is a safe bet now for "insiders" saying he is in the game. Not that Isaac isn't in the game.
You could argue the same thing about Incineroar and Ken. Those have been safe bets for months. A new POKemon rep and the original Echo Fighter.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
You could argue the same thing about Incineroar and Ken. Those have been safe bets for months. A new POKemon rep and the original Echo Fighter.
Exactly, but at least Vergeben claimed Incieroar to be it and then everyone started "leaking" Incieroar as well. Claiming Isaac is in the game to seem legitimate after the Wendys leak is laughable. The only people who predicted Isaac before the Wendy's leak is trustworthy.
Out of all the "leakers" we have so far, Vergeben is the only one who brought Incieroar forward and then everyone dog piled on Incieroar. Vergeben is the only person with "inside sources", thus far, that has any chance of being right because he predicted a character nobody else was saying.

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
I don't think that was his intention.

He's saying that lots of "leakers" are just people making predictions and taking safe bets. He even said that Isaac is a safe bet at this point.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

They’re not trying to bring Isaac down, they’re trying to bring the insiders down.

And I will remind you that Mystic is pretty much the only insider claiming Isaac. Our best bet is for insiders at large to be wrong and for Grinch to be real.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
They’re not trying to bring Isaac down, they’re trying to bring the insiders down.

And I will remind you that Mystic is pretty much the only insider claiming Isaac. Our best bet is for insiders at large to be wrong and for Grinch to be real.
Even without the banner leak I think Isaac is golden (no pun intended lol).

As I mentioned many pages ago, this leak could be a hoax and Isaac would still be in the game.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Exactly, but at least Vergeben claimed Incieroar to be it and then everyone started "leaking" Incieroar as well. Claiming Isaac is in the game to seem legitimate after the Wendys leak is laughable. The only people who predicted Isaac before the Wendy's leak is trustworthy.
Out of all the "leakers" we have so far, Vergeben is the only one who brought Incieroar forward and then everyone dog piled on Incieroar. Vergeben is the only person with "inside sources", thus far, that has any chance of being right because he predicted a character nobody else was saying.
Why is that laughable? You’re telling me it’s not possible Insiders had heard rumors about Isaac, but they weren’t sure and then when they saw the Wendy’s leak they now feel confident saying he’s in?

I could say the exact same thing with Vergeben and Ken. HE didn’t say anything about Ken until AFTER the August Direct when, guess what, it was revealed third party characters could have Echo Fighters. But that’s okay I guess.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Now the real question in: If/when he’s revealed, should we band together to send Sakurai a thank you letter? Have our best fan artists make something truly great and all of our supporters listed. Send it via twitter or something.
We should make a Mosaic of Isaac's CSS icon from Screenshots of people playing as Isaac XD

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that is what he was saying. Isaac looks safe to all of the "insiders" so now suddenly they aren't all against him or 1 is for him and they are gonna blow it off like "yeah guys our sources say Isaac" very conveniently after alot of evidence surfaces. Like they really know anything (they don't) but that is good cause nobody is argueing against him anymore so even the doubters are thinking he is in!

Edit: words are hard

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
I'm really hoping it's the Chrous Kids or Mach Rider that's the AT because if it's Isaac, i'm going to cry by eyeballs out. After all that teasing for the character and all the support he's gotten over the years.

Don't do by boy dirty like that Sakurai.
Mystic was the first person to break the story about it being fake on account of an assist. And he said he was extremely confident in Isaac as playable. Emily Rogers added to this by saying multiple characters are missing entirely.

So the logic goes, Isaac, Geno, Incinroar and Ken are playable. Geno more shakey than the others. Isaac and Geno based on mystics confidence, Incinroar based on the very public information, in accordance with characters being missing from the banner. Shadow and Banjo are gone. As per Emily Rogers comment. Shadow having been completely replaced by Knuckles.

Chorus Kids, And Mach Rider as assists. You could include Geno here too assuming the mystery square character is one of the following. Sora, Chrono, Neku, Lara Croft, or a dragon quest character.

If Geno is an assist and one on that list is playable, then the roster is 4 characters. Being Isaac as the last fan favorite, Incinroar, Ken, this mystery square character. If Geno is in, then the roster is 5. Isaac, Ken, Geno, Incinroar, and someone else not on the banner. My mind instantly goes to Dixie Kong as an echo, she would have some unique properties like her helicopter hair. As if 5 characters are left, and the grinch leak is fake. I have a very hard time believing 4 uniques are left. Being Isaac, Geno, Incinroar, and whoever this suggested 4th mystery character is. So that logic rules out Elma/skull kid in my roster. Going down the echo list if it’s not shadow, Dixie is the next most likely.

As for why she wasn’t in the King K trailer? They probably want to avoid bogging down major reveal trailers with echos if the character in question is not the echo of the main star. For instance, Richter was Simon’s echo. But if richter was the echo of another character, he would not have been featured. We have evidence of this too. As Dark Samus didn’t bog down Ridley’s trailer. She was unrelated to the star Ridley, despite being from the same series.

Some serious roster speculation goes into all this. So anyways. In a dead grinch world. You’re either getting Isaac, Geno, Incinroar, Ken, and Dixie. Or you’re getting Isaac, Incinroar, mystery square character, and Ken.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Why is that laughable? You’re telling me it’s not possible Insiders had heard rumors about Isaac, but they weren’t sure and then when they saw the Wendy’s leak they now feel confident saying he’s in?

I could say the exact same thing with Vergeben and Ken. HE didn’t say anything about Ken until AFTER the August Direct when, guess what, it was revealed third party characters could have Echo Fighters. But that’s okay I guess.
Funny, because I had also heard and discussed rumors about Isaac being in, but after the Wendy’s leak I became confident in his inclusion.

If these so-called insiders only know the same things that a regular joe like me does, then they’re worthless.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Funny, because I had also heard and discussed rumors about Isaac being in, but after the Wendy’s leak I became confident in his inclusion.

If these so-called insiders only know the same things that a regular joe like me does, then they’re worthless.
Did you hear and discuss rumors about it with people who have Nintendo connections and might have heard or seen things in the inside or just amongst your friends and other Smash fans who don’t hear or see anything other than what Nintendo allows us to see?

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I don't care much for what those insiders say, right now, in my opinion, the most credible information we have is the grinch leak, which I'm believing until the direct proves it's either real or fake.

It kinda sucks that I'll be at work during the direct (and it will be hard to focus, knowing Isaac could be being revealed at that time), but the hype of Isaac being highly likely to be playable is so hard to contain. Hope we will all be able to celebrate, alongside our fellow Genobros and Banjobros.

AceyT

Smash Rookie
If I recall correctly, before the statement of Sakurai saying « we won’t keep the same pace as before » interpreted as « there isn’t much newcomer to show », the “insiders” were telling different sets of newcomer, and even Vergeben was doing so at one point.

Then it was “box theory”, “kencineroar only + mimecraft maybe minor rep & squenix rep” and none of those who are actually claiming having insiders were against that (or I don’t recall it at all as I was only lurking there and on Gamefaq sometimes)

Now that the Grinch leaks has appeared, everyone has an “insiders” source that are saying different things

So yeah, basically, no one knows anything at all, and the direct will give us our final answer.

Personally, that blog posts give me some faith back into the Grinch leak, so I’m a bit more confident in saying that we will see our boy popping with a lot of good friends (I’ve never rooted for Banjos or Geno, but seeing our common path and battles in the polls, I would be glad for them to finally be there arrived with us. The same would goes for the fan of shantae and bandana waddle dee, but the grinch didn’t show them :/ at least I hope that they could get DLC )

Last edited:

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Did you hear and discuss rumors about it with people who have Nintendo connections and might have heard or seen things in the inside or just amongst your friends and other Smash fans who don’t hear or see anything other than what Nintendo allows us to see?
If I knew people who claimed to have seen anything I would at least say, "ok guys, I am not to sure about this so until more evidence is provided this is just hearsay from my inside source. But there have been Isaac sightings, take this however you like." And now I am an insider ta da! Or I can be an insider after lots of people already think Isaac is in. "My sources inside can indeed confirm that the plant sprout item is indeed an item from GS and Isaac is in" and I am still an insider even though I don't really have a source either way I just want to feel important and discussed by the community. Double ta da!!!! It is magic....but not really.

Top Bottom