• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Hm I still got one problem with the whole thing.
1st of all does anybody know if that character picture of Ken at the bottom can be found in the internet or is it one of a kind for smash?
2nd and that's my biggest problem with those leaks: If the person has access to characters and showcasing them somehow. WHY ON EARTH DON'T THEY JUST SHOW EVERYTHING WHEN THEY COULD?!

Don't get me wrong I am sure Ken will be in (he is my favorite character from SF anyway lol) but that picture is just... weird. But like I said time will mostlikely tell.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
So this is the picture of Ken:

Pichu's Render seems off.

Look at the Pichu render from the E3 trailer:

Here is a printscreen from 8:28 from Smash Bros Ultimate E3 Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L93H7YC-83o

Set the video speed to 0.5 and start at 8:25 to see what I am getting at.

To add to this Pichu curiosity:

TJpbD4s.jpg

Pichu's ear is actually cut off in the HUD. This doesn't happen in the footage we've seen of Pichu thus far.

yw0zMaL.jpg

Last edited:

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
So this is the picture of Ken:

Pichu's Render seems off.

Look at the Pichu render from the E3 trailer:

Here is a printscreen from 8:28 from Smash Bros Ultimate E3 Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L93H7YC-83o

Set the video speed to 0.5 and start at 8:25 to see what I am getting at.
I see it. So basically this photo cuts off Pichus right ear off the top for no reason when official smash stuff has the full ear in the damage percent render. Honestly, the others seem off too. The thing that's weird as well is the clipping for Ken and Pacman. Was that done intentionally to try to make it seem like they're in the screenshot?

Edit: Also wanted to point out how faded out the Ken render on his damage total is. And if you look at it, it looks completely different from his actual character standing there in game. I don't know much about the SF art they've used through the year but they look like they were taken from different games. His damage render has a smoother, younger face and his in-game appearance here looks like the uglier, more rugged Ken from the recent iterations.

Last edited:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
I see it. So basically this photo cuts off Pichus right ear off the top for no reason when official smash stuff has the full ear in the damage percent render. Honestly, the others seem off too. The thing that's weird as well is the clipping for Ken and Pacman. Was that done intentionally to try to make it seem like they're in the screenshot?
Ken's foot is also clipping the bottom of the stage, but that could just be an interaction with the pitched floor.

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Ridley's portrait has underwent some changes during pre-release. Top pic is E3, bottom pic is August direct:

They went out of their way to extend Ridley's head in full, which had previously cut off at the frame, mind you. To do the opposite with Pichu and cut his ear off while still being beyond the frame would not make any sense and is an inconsistency.

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Ridley's portrait has underwent some changes during pre-release. Top pic is E3, bottom pic is August direct:

They went out of their way to extend Ridley's head in full, which had previously cut off at the frame, mind you. To do the opposite with Pichu and cut his ear off while still being beyond the frame would not make any sense and is an inconsistency.
There's also the fact that Pichu is actually one of the fighters here that I think you can't play in any demos out there right now. All gameplay of Pichu is from Nintendo itself meaning the only place that the render could have been used from is that one with the ear cut off during the character trailer. And in that trailer, that's the only time you ever see the damage total render at all. Other than what Oracle_Summon Oracle_Summon pointed out, which I think the person that mocked this up clearly didn't find.

As for that actual in-game pose, it's also in a Nintendo video for Pichu. Go to 3:15 in this video to see the taunt that has the same pose. Finally, I'd like to say that people have some serious skill nowadays in photo editing skills. This really is not outside the realm of someone's handiwork considering stuff like that Rayman render.

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord

The argument now is what build of the game this is and how early this pic was taken.

That being said, Ken was always a shoe in since echoes were announced.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
The argument now is what build of the game this is and how early this pic was taken.

That being said, Ken was always a shoe in since echoes were announced.
Yeah, until he comes with an Isaac/Geno/skull kid picture of equal quality it doesn't really change discussion.

Rethuic

Smash Apprentice
I think the Ken thing is photoshopped. The edges of Ken look like he was photoshopped, there's a bunch of stuff everywhere blocking a ton of stuff, and then there's the Pichu dilemma. And as Shin just mentioned, the timing.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Clearly the biggest red flag is the timer being exactly 2:30.00. No person alive has timing that stellar with their gameplay pictures. :smirk:
It is not that hard for them to code a screenshot function every five or ten seconds. I did it myself during university

Shin F.

Smash Master
I think the Ken thing is photoshopped. The edges of Ken look like he was photoshopped, there's a bunch of stuff everywhere blocking a ton of stuff, and then there's the Pichu dilemma. And as Shin just mentioned, the timing.
Oh, that was just a joke on my part. They've got debug tools up in that screenshot, it could've very easily just been set to say whatever time they wanted.

Rethuic

Smash Apprentice
It is not that hard for them to code a screenshot function every five or ten seconds. I did it myself during university
Oh, that was just a joke on my part. They've got debug tools up in that screenshot, it could've very easily just been set to say whatever time they wanted.
If it was the program taking screenshots, you wouldn't see the edge of the tv at the top, right?

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
How they would have a working copy of Smash 5 to leave the empty space? I think it could be real, even with the shading being a little odd but...

But the flaws are:
1- It's Ken. Of all new characters. If you have this in your hands why Ken and not Banjo or the most controversal one?
2-What's with the quality of the picture? We're in 2005?

Last edited:

Ypsen

Smash Apprentice
To be honest I like the french names of Isaac and Felix better. Vlad and Pavel sound super cool.
I know right ? Maybe we're too patriotic, ahah !
Ugh. It looks really fake because of how ugly Ken looks.
Ken looks ugly since quite a few games, no ?

Actually, look a Pacman's name.

The name is crosses in red. This was photoshopped.
I think it's just the debug mode. There's also a green bar next to Pichu.
Pichu is almost as tall as Ken ? o_O
I was also shocked, so I decided to compare to the official screenshots in the website... and well, Pichu should go on a diet, cause god he got huge !

Rethuic

Smash Apprentice
Y'know, part of me wonders if Sakurai has people to plant false rumors to throw off leakers. I'm thinking this because if Verge is a legit leaker, why would Sakurai want Steve? Same with that other leaker. I think that Sakurai might actually do it considering how big this game is going to be.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I know right ? Maybe we're too patriotic, ahah !

Ken looks ugly since quite a few games, no ?

I think it's just the debug mode. There's also a green bar next to Pichu.

I was also shocked, so I decided to compare to the official screenshots in the website... and well, Pichu should go on a diet, cause god he got huge !

Don't worry- when he evolves, he'll go on the same diet Pikachu has been on since the early 00's.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
So would anyone else take a legit Isaac leak right now, out would you want to wait until (and if) he's revealed naturally?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So would anyone else take a legit Isaac leak right now, out would you want to wait until (and if) he's revealed naturally?
I'm losing confidence in Isaac being in the game so yeah a leak right now would be really reassuring lol.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
If you want my honest answer to that...

I’ll take a legit leak of Isaac. I’ve been waiting for over a decade now. Come on lol. And, for me, anyway, it wouldn’t make his reveal any less awesome.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I'll take a leak if it's his trailer accidentally being uploaded so I can have an answer sooner and still get to experience the surprise and hype of the "big reveal" in glorious CGI.

Top Bottom