• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunday July 20th, Ann Arbor, MI - Digital Ops Biweekly #5!! New Strike Out System!

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
bowyer, why do u guys take so much offense to my venue being considered for the circuit event lol. honestly, it has the ability to house people over night and has a nice setup. i guess u guys could use it as a venue for your thing if ur so glued to doing ur own event. but honestly, what are the advantages of using another location? and what location would that be?

every time it's even mentioned that i might have the circuit event you jump in and stop the conversation. like i said, use the venue. you didn't see it when we had the biweekly, but we had 10 setups and plenty of room. coupled with the fact that an unlimited amount of people can sleep here i think its a better location, but that's just me.
Dude, I never took offense to your venue being considered, you're misinterpretting my posts.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
What the ****? "You guys?" I never once said anything objecting to it, and SCOTU doesn't even post for a good portion of the time. But hey, thanks for lumping "us guys" all together. While you're at it, be sure to mention that we all main ROB, too.

Hell, I'm probably not even going to be actively doing any tournaments for a while, so I'm probably not gonna be around the Regional boards for a while. Later.
lol. okay so that's how you want to play? fine then. bowyer said stuff like "we already got the circuit event covered for MI." so i ask you, who is the "we" referring to? call me silly, but i assumed he was speaking on behalf of all of you ("we" = "us guys"). anyways, me and bowyer talked earlier and resolved our differences. it was merely a misunderstanding. i got no beef with any of you guys.

so what exactly was your point? you're mad at me because i got frustrated when i thought that you guys didn't want the event to be held at my venue? you talk so much **** online. why? when a member of your crew said "we" i naturally assumed that he was talking about all of you. yet you flame me?

honestly ankoku, stfu. on a semi related tangent: you front like you guys are these epic tournament organizers. sure, you helped create the scene in ann arbor. but you also recorded videos at every UMB, and lots of times I patiently waited to see if my videos that were recorded there would make it online. of course, virtually every single time i was disappointed when you only put videos of your little clique and some of the really good players that would show up. theres a rule in smash that if you record a match you have to put it online. one week i ***** scotu and bowyer on that main tv and i was less than shocked when the videos never made it online. yet you complain a couple days after my tournament when the videos aren't immediately up. im still waiting on my videos from your tournaments (and so are a lot of other people, btw). edt

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
For the past couple of UMBs, I put priority on uploading the winner's, loser's, and grand finals, then the rest in chronological order on the video recording. I only split Boyr's ahead of time for UMB14 because he really wanted them for something, and I split Vayseth's ahead of time for UMB12 because he really wanted them for something.

I thought I was doing this stuff okay, but apparently I lose videos as well, and important ones at that. So okay, I'm not doing vids any more. If I can't do it right then I really can't trust myself with them.

Okay, you win, Rofa. I'm terrible at everything, and you're only making me hate the fact that I'm leaving the tournament scene less.

Oh, and I almost forgot. The whole UMBs thing? None of that was me. I'm not even really one of the leaders of it. I don't know where you got that kind of idea from. All I did was make pretty little pictures and upload results. No, I'm not some epic tourney host. Because I don't host tourneys.

Actually, reading over your post again, you have another thing wrong. I never recorded any vids. Stop trying to pin all this stuff on me. I'm telling you, I never do anything.

Haha, FSCK. Apparently I deleted the unsplit files, too, so if you want your vid uploaded and you're sure that it got recorded, ask SCOTU. He's the one with the raws. And next time if you want something, ask. I've been asked for more unreasonable things than finding a video and splitting it to get uploaded before.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
Rofa, don't mind Bowyer. He's just sounds like a **** half the time on the boards. Sometimes he means it, sometimes it's just misinterpreted.

Ankoku deserves a lot of credit for his work with videos in everything he's done. The guy dedicates way too much to handling the splitting and hosting. They're almost always up within just a few days after he receives them. But yeah, he doesn't actually record so you'll have to take that complaint elsewhere.

Rofa, you did a great job with the last tournament. It was one of the most fun tournaments I've ever had. I originally didn't feel like staying for singles since I don't like Brawl singles, but I was having so much fun that I decided to stick around. You kept everything running very smoothly without having to be a ****. There were plenty of friendlies going on the whole time but there weren't any major delays (aside from your mishap with Tio). I'm pretty sure "we" in Bowyer's post referred to the midwest community in the talks over a circuit venue (and not just the UMB hosts). In all fairness, you house might get a little cramped with 50+ people. Also, it's really unlikely that there would be more than one circuit event in Michigan this year.

Frankly, I seldom care to see any of my vids. Even the useful ones I lose in.

Everyone needs to stfu and calm down.

XFD @ nose hairs.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Actually, that was SCOTU's thing, too. I just ended up subbing in for him indefinitely for the rest of the school year.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I think everyone can suggest their event if they please; TOs will be chosen for circuit events, they don't just volunteer and get filled in somewhere. So... volunteer away. Kel's a big boy, he can make a decision or two.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
alright, let's end this now. im sorry i got carried away tony. it was inappropriate. i was just mad because i felt like you guys were kind of ganging up on me, but i now understand that is not the case, at least now. but yeah, sometimes i go a little crazy when people flame me on the internet. i think we all do, and i also think that we all have a great deal of respect for each other (at least i do) and we should all be on the same team rather than being at each other's throats. nothing but love in michigan smash right? except for you, SHARDZ. you suck. what the **** is your problem anyways?

lol, shardz i am totally kidding btw. i just thought it would be funny to randomly freak you out if you ever read this. your name was just the first that came to my head. i was also demonstrating how foolish this all is. oh and SHARDZ, **** off.

but yeah. random drama is no fun. comon people we are all on the same side here. smash is a super fun game and we all enjoy this competitive scene so there is no reason to ever have hateful words. we all want to progress smash in the midwest together, so let's do it.

honestly, i think working on those vids for like 16 straight hours yesterday just made me angry. anyways, i apologize. i also edited my post. no hard feelings.

rofa

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Actually, I just get pissed off for anyone grouping my opinion with someone else's, especially if it's Bowyer's (lol <3's). So, it's rather the opposite of ganging up.

Again, doesn't matter much 'cause I'm not picking up Smash for at least six months anyway.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Hey guys, settle it on the field, not in my thread. If you've got to talk about this more, put it in PMs (especially since this isn't even Rofa's thread. If you want to consider my event for a circuit, be my guest, but if we're talking about rofa's event, GTFO).

I forgot who said it, but someone said in one of the many michigan discussion topics that if everyone in MI was friendly, out of state people would read our threads and think we're a bunch of ******* (which I believe refired the wixom/midland smack-talking).

All of you guys should just come to my tournament, and settle your disputes in a money match.

Skeet, it SUCKS that you can't come. I was looking forward to playing you more.
Ankoku- Vids are serious business
Rofa- Vids are serious business
Randy- Sup mate?
lain- You're the man, except for the case when I'm around, then I'm the man. Unless of course the Mann is around, then, well, you and I are only posers.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Again, doesn't matter much 'cause I'm not picking up Smash for at least six months anyway.
I already said I'm not playing.

Also, I'm going to make some predictions.

Shaeden and Anther are going to win doubles. Shaeden is going to take a money spot and Randizzle will be in the top eight. There will be exactly one Meta Knight in the top four.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
this tournament was really fun. great job vayseth, sorry i had to leave early. 1der we need to play more next time, your mario is crazy man. and deboe, best wishes man

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Results, you *******s, results. I MUST HAVE DATA RAAAAAAAA---

As long as it's not like Mass Madness 9. Snake Snake Snake Metaknight Snake Snake lol.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Actually Ankoku, EVERY prediction you had was wrong XD

DOUBLES:

1. Deboe and Joel
2. Anther and Shaeden
3. Bowyer and Rofa

SINGLES:

1. Anther (Pikachu, ICs)
2. Joel (G+W)
3. Lain (G+W, Ganondorf)
4. Rat (Falco)
5. 1der (Mario)
5. Rofa (Metaknight)
7. Shaeden (Marth)
7. Omniswell (Wolf, ICs)

I have the brackets, don't worry, I'm just not at my apartment, or near my computer. Full results to be posted on all is brawl tomorrow and then linked here.

Great job every one, thanks for coming out, and I'll see ya in 2 weeks! Remember, only $5, so no johns, you'd better come!!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm amazing at predictions just like Anther is amazing at everything.

Vayseth

Smash Master
lolz. It was a mediocre turn out =( Hopefully we'll get more in 2 weeks and with the decrease in entry fee I hope we'll attract more people in general.

Anther

Smash Champion
I've never seen so many predictions fail so hard tony XD.
That's right overswarm =P.

Had funsies today. Even had a random friend show up and give support, so I had to win it for her T.T.
jk ggs all sorry I collected money and leave, but I needed to run out to get some other things taken care of XD.

lain

Smash Master
alex, change "marth?" to ganondorf lol.

i dunno what i want to do anymore. i don't want to quit brawl, but i don't have fun playing it, thus i want to play ganon + falcon. but i hate losing, so i feel inclined to play G&W.

maybe i'll second ganon. *shrugs* we'll see.

good **** to everyone, I FINALLY MOTHER****ING PLACED

shoutouts!

Rat fun as always dude. i'm scared playing against your falco all the friggin time haha
Omni sorry i totally fro'd it up in teams lol. bring GG next time!
rofa had a great time again, thanks for everything! we are getting too good lol.
sandwich toooooo good man. i almost lost to you! but then i got some crazy 0-death on you haha. next time next time.
prime ONE DAY WE'LL MONEYMATCH. my ganon vs your ROB.
totho your ike is wayyyy sweet man. i expect good things.
joel **** you. jk haha. your G&W is still superior, but maybe someday....
Anther uhhmmmm i didn't play you at all in singles except pools. next time i'll beat you ;_;
okiyama dude quit play wario LOL. he sucks so bad.
vayseth we need to play some and stuff. we didn't really have time due to mother's day and such, but sometime this week definitely we should.
1der wtf man. your soooooo good. but you play mario so it's really weird LOL
bowyer 1 stock matches are officially the funnest ever. also, i beat your ROB with ganon LOLLLL you're garbage ;D

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
:) great tourney

sry i couldent win for my friends but whatever the evil anther lurks!

i had you punk! i gotta learn to not run into every lighting spam when im up in the match LOL
lain lol :)
hope to see everyone next weekend :)

SOMONE BEAT ANTHER FOR ME PLEASE JEEZE, i hate getting my hands dirty

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm gone for 2 weeks as of Thursday, so no michigan for me for a while. :(

Lain... here's how you make Brawl more fun:

step 1- stop playing Melee

Have you ever started dating a girl, then get to know this really attractive, funny, smart, and cute girl? The more you talk to this new girl, the more you think the girl you are dating sucks? Turns out the girl you're dating is alright in your book, you just think she pales in comparison. So stop playing Melee and Brawl will look much better :p

step 2 - start trash talking

It's like the only reason I play Brawl. I like screaming "HOLY ****, DID YOU SEE WHAT I JUST DID TO YOU?!"

It's good times.

I really wish I could have gone to this ;(

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
lol lain, you may have beaten my ROB with ganon in a 1 stock match but I beat your ganon with c. falcon in 2 seperate mm's.

Playing/wrecking shaeden in c. falcon dittos = too good.

That was a fun tournament with the exception that I really didn't feel like playing the game so I dropped out of the tournament during pools. Also, 1 stock matches are way better than 3 stock games.

Shaeden

Smash Journeyman
i've decided i quit singles because i'll never even have a chance of winning, unless antoine makes me play singles again.. otherwise i quit singles, i personally cannot get better because i'm not good. just more proof that i cannot win without tech skill, because that's all i am.

oh and bowyer, i recall landing more falcon punches... so how is it you wrecked me?
just kidding.. i suck at games that require thinking.

Rat

Smash Lord
It was fun. A little disappointed I didn't place, but I did better than last time so =).

Rofa- talking about ROB's weak spots was cool. It really got me thinking about other characters and the best overall position.
Bory - Stop being a Bowyer and play the **** game.
Lain - Your a cool guy and it's always fun hanging out. I'll beat you next time.
1der - Those were some intense matches. Best mario i've seen.
Alex - Ok so why is the dog joke tier? he should be better. Close game against prime too. I had fun watching that.
Anther - is too cool for school.
Omni - OMG i can't believe when we both went random, you got Wolf and I got Sonic. Arrg! But It was awesome hanging out. Too good.
Totho - I didn't mean to pick-up your controller, I swear I wasn't trying to steal it. =(.
Everyone else - Too good.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Rofa, you remembered our discussion on the weak spots? Good ****... apply that to other characters, you'll get good fast!

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
shout out time

Rat- Random is too good, i still feel bad for wolf vs sonic lol i know how bad that matchup sucks. You maid me realize that wolf has no chance against falco, so expect alot more sonic comming at ya :)

Vayseth- Thanks for letting me crash at your place. TEACH ME NARUTOS!!!! JOKE TIER FTW AKAMARU DITTOS!!!

Rofa-Teach me how to kill rob or metaknight please.

lain- were doin ganon vs bowser MM next time i see you, and brawl is alot funner when people dont camp.

Bory- American **** Asain ****. WIN!!

!der- I hate mario lol

rofa

Smash Journeyman
hahaha yeah i remembered our discussion overswarm. that was very insightful, and indeed it did get me thinking about other characters. and yes, when i had my discussion with rat, i quoted you lol.

Vayseth

Smash Master
I've updated the main page. I will have a Naruto tournament on one station, for free, during the break, just to mix it up a bit. It should be fun =)

Top Bottom