• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
WISP - How can I forget, silly me! Well, I think I really respected and enjoyed your D2 play, you only had one day, and you had to solve the game. I enjoyed your push on Xiivi, because I agreed with it mostly. I think you did well, and I really respect that you were defending Jack here, when no one else would. Like literally, you were the games life blood. I enjoy playing with you dude, hope to play with you again. I get what Ninja was doing this game, even though I was skeptical, but I was reconsidering him because I was wrong on him last time.

Xivii - You were scum. I know I broke my promise, and I'm sorry about that, but I was confident you were scum here. I know that it probably was still annoying to you. Yet I had to play to my win condition. My challenge here is correctly determining your alignment when you are town. It's funny how you quoted Walmart Mafia, but at least with that, you had more gumption there even though you were totally wrong on me. In the previous game, you were obviously doing more to actually progress the game even though I got lost in your earlier play which can be confusing. If you have any feedback from seeing my play as scum (lol scumslip) then please let me know. I really was hoping you were town here haha. Yet overall, good play, and good games. Hope to play with you again, but both as the same alignment, and hopefully town.

Trisscar - I think you miss-played by keeping your vote on a single player. Even if you disagreed with the current wagon, you could have voted a counter wagon. (Like Handorin or DB)

Also, I noticed you mention that Xiivi v Ranmaru was personal and over-drawn. I don't see it that way. Part of it was Xiivi bringing up past history, but to use that to his scumvantage. I never took anything he said as personal, and it never really made me frustrated or anything. Nothing about it was out of game content that should have been in a personal chat, so I don't get your issue here.

3DSNinja - Good to play with you again. I notice you do similar things that are hard to explain later on. "I don't actually remember why I named Sabrar and Boom" I suggest this: When you post, take notes on why you post each line so you remember why you did a particular thing. Heck, take notes in general. Otherwise, post less things like that as it'll only get people questioning you later and you don't want that kind of attention. Only ask / mention things that are *important*, not fluff.

Also, I noticed you unvote Z at the end, which is understandable. Tension was high. But if you do change your vote in the future, make sure to change it to the counter wagon, so that we ensure we get a lynch. What happened Day 1 due to that, was we no lynched, and that wasted our first day. We want to make sure we don't let that happen. This is ok, this game is a learning opportunity for us.

Deadbananas - I can't really say I have much to say. Thanks for coming through, play more mafia with us.

Spak - Ayy Spak, I felt that your business gets you again! I liked your entrance, but that's all that I have as a picture of your play. I have nothing else to say, but good to play with you again.

Malakandra - I don't have much to say to you either. More so just neutral. It was nice meeting you, stick around.

Ranmaru Cuthalion Toko Fukawa - Cuth and Toko, thanks for replacing y'all.

Pythag - I'm really curious why you think I was scum when arguing against Xiivi. What part of it seemed unfair from me? Now that Xiivi is scum, can you say what I should have been saying instead? I did try to read the games Xiivi asked about. Although I feel like people just glossed over what I said and didn't really evaluate his play in this game. Sorry you got mislynched, but glad to play with you again. Now you know, I was trying something different, and I know it probably is harder for you and others to read me when I do it.

Z25 fontisian - Z, I look forward to playing with you in the future. I'm still sorry about what happened, let's wipe the slate clean eh?

Font, I think I'm already liking you. (I get the feeling we both have the same personality, possibly) Good play as well. Look forward to playing with you in the future. Thanks for stepping in!

Handorin - I'm not going to blame you for giving up, because even I basically did that by replacing. Yet, we should both recognize that wasn't optimal play. (I also recognize my self-vote was bad) We could have done better, I agree. I'm glad you saw scum in Xiivi though. It was good playing with you. If I had done better, and we lynched scum, you'd probably still be alive in the game!

LogicoftheVI - I am glad you did up your game in the middle. I might have CFD'd you Day 1 if I didn't have other scum reads, though. I don't have much else to say. Thanks for playing though.

BoomFrog - Boom, I'm glad you saw that Xiivi and I weren't doing much to push the game, and you took action. Thanks for that. I had the intention of using this playstyle for this game, but didn't have the foresight to see that me doing it would also benefit scum and let them also side-line, and not really have much of an environment to have to adapt to.

Jackrito - Jack, I really wish I stayed in this game, because you were my strongest town read next to Laser. I do agree that maybe, I was a bit too lenient with my read on you, but seeing your reaction to me striked me as townie. In the previous game, you seemed to just let things go and let me make waves since it benefitted you, and since you were scum, you weren't looking for things that didn't make sense. Here, you questioned me about something, about trying to consolidate. Just felt like, you were un-informed here, and were actually genuinely pushing something you felt might have been scum me. Seeing you not get much help after Wisp was gone, made me sad but, I'm glad to see you put that effort in. I think this is why it is important we as town, defend our town reads, and work together. This wasn't happening here. Town needs to buddy each other.

Sabrar - It was good playing with you Sabrar. Can't say I have much to say though.

Bessie - I gave you the benefit of the doubt, but I would have eventually POE'd you if I had others that were townier than you. Thank you for playing though, I was glad to see you here!

LaserGuy - I think you should reconsider your meta knowledge of Zen. I think it helps him get away with things as Mafia. Yet as you can see, as mafia he doesn't progress the town win condition! :D Even so, you were on scum anyway (Z), and your CFD on Sabrar would have been scum too. Good stuff. I could tell you were town here lmao. I admit though, sometimes I can be wrong on Zen. I'm going to TRY to commit to my promise. It was good playing with you again Laser! I'm not happy about my own play, but I'm glad it helped you reconsider your reads.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm wagering four scum, and I don't really have any votes so far
Laser is acting far more normal then last game, and I feel that's more townie.
Boom... I dunno man.
Sabrar I feel is probably town, but I could be wrong.

I'm unsure of everythin at this point, gimme more time and I can bring up some reads.
Also, UP is scum.
This post here, I always had the thought that you were just jokingly bringing them up, but it seems you forgot, and then couldn't explain. If you say something, and then can't explain it, then it'll just look bad for your slot no matter how good your intentions will be to find scum and help town. I guess, be careful with name drops if you don't know you'll be able to explain those in the future. :p I know I can be scatterbrained, and I try to take notes so I remember things easier.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also, another reason why I was on Z, and not Xiivi and Ninja: I wanted to give Ninja a chance because I was wrong last game on him. Xiivi I already explained. Those were my scum reads.

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Good game everyone. It was a joy playing with each and every one of you. I went out internet range minutes after the hammer, that's why I was so hard-pressed to get the lynch going haha.

Both Ranmaru's replace out and Z's AtE were definitely a huge boon to us. Though Fonti took that and multiplied it 10-fold with her play.

Sabrar Sabrar bessie bessie Z25 Z25 fontisian fontisian awesome teamwork 10/10 would scum again. Fonti you're absolutely wonderful. There were many times in thread where I had completely forgotten I was having a dialogue with my teammate. Sabrar, I hope you understand my resistance to the hammer at the end there.

ranmaru ranmaru excellent job (3/4 scum by the end of D1). You were an absolute beast. I think this playstyle is a gigantic step in the right direction. Now you must take it a step further. Your fault here was that while your gut read on me was fully accurate, you didn't have any evidence to back it up, so it was very easy to argue against and make you look unreasonable. You should allow your read to progress more, question, trap or wait to see who and how I push players. When going for "PWs," you typically don't want to go at them directly so early. You need to gather evidence and build up a solid case.

Wiisp Wiisp given my reverence for you, I had hoped you had taken my message as playful. My apologies. (I, of course, felt no ill-will, anger, or upset toward either you or Ranmaru at any point this game).

Malakandra Malakandra Your lylo play was good. I especially enjoyed your Fonti case. I think we would play well together on the same team.

Spak Spak you always bring a delightful presence to the game. You were worrying me there near the end. I disagree that you were at all responsible for pythag's lynch. You clearly didn't want it.

Pythag Pythag you're one of the funnest people to play with. You have an uplifting spirit and awesome talking through things with you (as both alignments). I found you suspicious up until D3, at which point I felt you became pretty obvtown, but I suppose I that may have been because of my intel.

Deadbananas Deadbananas You were in the right direction for much of the game! I didn't think I would ever get you to see differently on Jack. I think perhaps one improvement would be to assert your views more. I think you were an important component for establishing a town core.

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin I personally find the character disturbing and the extent of the RP distracting. But it may just be because of the timing. Since you weren't caught up with everything it was hard to parse through your posts. And yea, you were killed because you were a threat.

LaserGuy LaserGuy I did not want to kill you N1 at all, but your reads were too good and we knew they would only get better. Had Ranmaru not replaced out, we would have killed him instead, which means we would have had to have one of you and Boom around D3 which could have been very tough.

BoomFrog BoomFrog did you pick up that I was crumbing Mason or some sort with bessie? I always feel like I'm walking on eggshells around you as scum. It's frightening and exhausting.

Jackrito Jackrito well done properly identifying my open wolfing and sticking to it to the end. I tried every trick in the book D2 to try and get you to town read me and none of it was getting though haha.

LogicoftheVI LogicoftheVI you asked me what the difference between your play here and Token Mafia was. Here you didn't care if you stepped on toes with your scumhunting. You came right out of the gates questioning everything and skipping unnecessary chit-chat.

Trisscar Trisscar to answer your question, you and sabrar are very systematic. And have a way of thinking that people will act as you do in a mechanically optimal manner. As an example, you two had identical thoughts when it came to my mason claim. He did not wish for me to claim it as it would cause players to deduce that we needed to lynch the other PRs today. However, you were the only one to deduce that.

osieorb18 osieorb18 Thank you for bringing these people together. Only you could make a game this size happen in the deserts of Dgamesia. I thought the foundation behind the setup was cool. I'm glad I was on the scum team though because I would have never been smart enough to lynch the Vig.

That response to my play is worth more than 1000 wins to me.
<3

One final thing, I would like to take this opportunity to invite everyone to change their forum skin to Smashboards Malachite and enjoy an aesthetically pure version of the forum.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Xivii Xivii I guess that's a fair point. My problem was, If I waited any longer, I felt it would look bad for me. I know you like to wait as town. Thing is, as soon as I started reading, I already had you as scum. I was just waiting for you lmao. I guess even still after all that waiting, I had nothing.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
One final thing, I would like to take this opportunity to invite everyone to change their forum skin to Smashboards Malachite and enjoy an aesthetically pure version of the forum.
That's a no.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Good, I only mention that because I know sometimes, I can find some things annoying but only because I'm biased as scum.
Yeah you did your job. I think I maybe(?) would have been upset as town mason but I couldn't be sure to what degree so I went all in. And I also just needed to make it so people would skim our interaction and call it TvT.
Also Tsumugi is not UP.
Ah. My reasons for thinking so were:

-User title was Ultimate writing Prodigy (or something similar) before this
-/outed UPs game like I did with Ro Laren in my game
-New User with Premium membership
-Danganronpa

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Question: Was Ro Laren really you? Damn you for finding that scum qt of me guessing it was you I forgot about that!

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
not sure i can actually. once the game thread is up players arent supposed to talk about the game. i know it doesnt hav any impact but linking the thread is "no outside communication" by their definition

worst case ill tag you before the game thread goes up and link the forum that itll b in. ill ask aquilla (the host), im sure he can think of something

also: expect the game to be a circus. there are 29 "player" slots, but those slots are composed of teams of 3-5 ppl. so every day phase, the team sends in a different person. so imagine having to sort not just one person you found scummy, but then they send in someone else the next day phase and suddenly theyre towny. its going to b absolute chaos lmao
I was able to find the pregame thread on the site so I don't think you'll need to link it anymore, which is good because I don't want you to cause issues with a host on another site.

That sounds like utter madness though, I'm not sure if I could follow along a game with 29 slots, let alone one with 90 players.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I've been in a 100 player game and it sucked. Eventually it'll get so post heavy that people will replace out and then people will have to avoid reading the game because it will be 100 pages. Politics Mafia

Last edited:

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
You were in the right direction for much of the game! I didn't think I would ever get you to see differently on Jack. I think perhaps one improvement would be to assert your views more. I think you were an important component for establishing a town core.
You definitely got me with the Mason claim, the pre establishment and dedication was really next level there.
Thanks for the kind words, your one of the genuinely kindest people I've met, especially online.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
You definitely got me with the Mason claim, the pre establishment and dedication was really next level there.
Thanks for the kind words, your one of the genuinely kindest people I've met, especially online.
how did a mason claim in lylo get u?
:/

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
how did a mason claim in lylo get u?
:/
Not entirely sure in hindsight, as I said it during it had everything I would of wanted Masons to do, which probably should of made me suspicious. I also saw my other options as a lynch on me or Mala at that point. I'll need to be more skeptical of things like that in the future.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
cut him some slack, first forum game and irl mafia tends to have less fakeclaims from scum

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I was able to find the pregame thread on the site so I don't think you'll need to link it anymore, which is good because I don't want you to cause issues with a host on another site.

That sounds like utter madness though, I'm not sure if I could follow along a game with 29 slots, let alone one with 90 players.
I've been in a 100 player game and it sucked. Eventually it'll get so post heavy that people will replace out and then people will have to avoid reading the game because it will be 100 pages. Politics Mafia
its gonna b a wild ride

theres a style of play where you dont read every post and the game can still b manageable

i def foresee some ppl struggling but it is what it is. the draw of it is the team format where you can try to solve the game in team chat on discord

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
whoa wait team format? I like that though. Like team mafia, I enjoyed that so, good luck with that.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
cut him some slack, first forum game and irl mafia tends to have less fakeclaims from scum
I've played a few times on forums before, IIRC this is my second town game, and 5th game in total? Either way I appreciate it, but I don't really take it personal. I like for mistakes to be pointed out so I can learn

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
well in that case, carry on. lmao

its not just the mason claim existing. its the mason existing on top of the friendly neighbor. mods wont give multiple self clearing roles in most setups. from a setup design they will put like masons OR friendly neighbor OR innocent child OR x-shot cop and say "ok, thats my (self) clearing role to give town some slack" and not put more (barring a lot of counters to the role or if its role madness but the latter is a different beast)

Last edited:

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Ah, I see. I didn't even consider other roles that much, I should of incorporated roles more into my reads about a role claim.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I had a lot of fun.

Bessie, Xivii and Sabrar, you were lovely teammates. I felt confident in trusting your judgement when it came to the night kills. Scumchat was a fun place to be, even when the main thread got a bit overwhelming. Osie, I think you handled the replacement situation really well, and I really appreciate how you handled my concerns.

I think I was able to coast and openly push the wolf wincon this game because the lack of knowledge from anyone here (besides Cuth) about my towngame. I'm looking forward to rolling town here sometime and showing you all the difference.

Good game, everyone.

Deadbananas Deadbananas Don't forget about Mala's donut.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Same to you, I'm looking forward to playing with you and transcend.

Last edited:

osieorb18

Smash Ace
well in that case, carry on. lmao

its not just the mason claim existing. its the mason existing on top of the friendly neighbor. mods wont give multiple self clearing roles in most setups. from a setup design they will put like masons OR friendly neighbor OR innocent child OR x-shot cop and say "ok, thats my (self) clearing role to give town some slack" and not put more (barring a lot of counters to the role or if its role madness but the latter is a different beast)
WATCH ME!

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
LaserGuy - I think you should reconsider your meta knowledge of Zen. I think it helps him get away with things as Mafia. Yet as you can see, as mafia he doesn't progress the town win condition! :D Even so, you were on scum anyway (Z), and your CFD on Sabrar would have been scum too. Good stuff. I could tell you were town here lmao. I admit though, sometimes I can be wrong on Zen. I'm going to TRY to commit to my promise. It was good playing with you again Laser! I'm not happy about my own play, but I'm glad it helped you reconsider your reads.
It was not actually meta. I had actually reasoned (incorrectly) that 3DS' role was probably fake and that he was actually a mason with Xivii who had conjured up this scheme to give 3DS some cover. I was willing give Xivii some slack D1 anyway... though perhaps less now than in the future, but I don't think I would have agreed to his lynch D1 with what I had to work with. I had both Xivii and bessie as lockscum when I was reading through in D2. Probably would have hit Sabrar too but I didn't believe a scum vig could possibly work.

LaserGuy LaserGuy LaserGuy LaserGuy I did not want to kill you N1 at all, but your reads were too good and we knew they would only get better. Had Ranmaru not replaced out, we would have killed him instead, which means we would have had to have one of you and Boom around D3 which could have been very tough.
I don't mind. I was VT and was playing with the expectation of being shot N1 or N2 to give cover for our PRs. It didn't occur to me that scum would have all of the good PRs and we would be playing basically blind or I might have scaled back a bit to keep myself alive a bit longer. Though I'm actually kind of tickled that I was killed for having good reads (which is something I can't remember happening in a long time :p) rather than just being townread.

Last edited:

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Those kind of nerves are normal when you start playing in a new setting. They go away with time.
Malakandra Malakandra I agree with this.
I am not a new player but being new here I find myself a bit nervous and even apprehensive.
LogicoftheVI LogicoftheVI - You did turn things around solidly in terms of the quantity of your play, and in turn, the quality. Maybe try not to argue with people so much? It can help to form reads but only if you don't let it cloud your judgement. I hope that life still gives you enough time for future games. Thanks for playing
as always thank you for host and thank you for inviting me back to this community. I'm still learning to not sit at the top of the thread. It was so much of my old game and is hard to let go of. I definitly got a little bit of a footing later in D2 and on D3. I think I handled the pressure D3 better than I ever have in a mafia game before. I appreciate your advice and you can believe you'll continue to see me in games. Thank you for having me it was a pleasure.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
If anyone has any advice for how I can get better, I would appreciate it.
One thing I can suggest is play more games on a smaller setting. While I don't love everything about the site (e.g. super long deadlines), mafiascum has 9 player newbie setups in a fixed format that are a good place to experiment with things.

Something I've started doing as Town is to actually have a gameplan for how you're going to manage all of the slots. Make a spreadsheet put every player's name in it. If you come across something that makes you think that player is Town make a note of it and the post number to refer back to later (I know some people give points; I've tried this but I find it leaves too much inertia in your reads since someone can accumulate a ton of scum points and then townclear in a single plost, or vice versa). Likewise with anyone you think is mafia, but, especially early in the game, this is less important. This will give you a real-time perspective of what you think you know about the game, and will let you know which slots you should be spending your time looking at. You'll see which slots you lack information on and then go and try to get information from those players. In this way, you start to build up a towncore and interact with a variety of players, and you can start to PoE down on the slots that you know nothing about.

Second is probably to not be afraid to re-evaluate. For many games early in my mafia play I had notoriously bad reads, and I would be so convinced of them that I couldn't see how I could possibly be wrong. Basically the Dunning-Kruger effect for mafia. So start from a place where you assume your reads are at least somewhat wrong, and work toward being less wrong as the game goes on. Even if that means completely scrapping a hard scumread or scumreading a trusted townie.

...Ok I'm actually kinda curious on people's actual thoughts on my D1 claim and how it affected the games direction though?
Claiming VT is generally considered negative utility for Town since it reduces the available space for Town PRs to hide. In this setup it was arguably particularly bad because it gave a clear target for scum vig, but you had no way of knowing this and it isn't a standard thing to concern yourself with. But it did make it pretty easy to sort your slot: As I said in my early assessment of you, claiming early and unnecessarily is basically a townie play. There was really very little chance that you (or 3DS) were ever going to be mafia. I think that both of you actually took the most heat from members of mafia if I'm not mistaken. In the grand scheme of things it probably didn't hurt Town overly much for you to do so, but from a meta perspective it isn't usually in Town's interest to have too many of these sorts of claims around.

The only roles that really justify being claimed early are ones that are negative utility in and of themselves and it's better for Town to know about them in advance so PRs can work around them as needed. Things like miller, hated, PGO, are often good to claim early. Redirection roles, possibly.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
LogicoftheVI - I am glad you did up your game in the middle. I might have CFD'd you Day 1 if I didn't have other scum reads, though. I don't have much else to say. Thanks for playing though.
I'm also glad I was able to as well. I hated all the early town reads I got as I usually like to use how people read me to gauge which views are valid and which aren't. With so many saying town D1 I was kind of lost add that it took me a bit to get in my element I found myself lost with nowhere I felt comfortable voting.
LogicoftheVI LogicoftheVI you asked me what the difference between your play here and Token Mafia was. Here you didn't care if you stepped on toes with your scumhunting. You came right out of the gates questioning everything and skipping unnecessary chit-chat.
This is a fair assessment. I should have pushed you for more than just meta something to learn from.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Thanks you everyone, I had a really great time playing with you all! For those that do not know or that didn’t read the sign up thread I am still recovering from a recent illness and my vision gets progressively worse during the day, so I couldn’t put as much time as I would have liked into the game and I was always behind. I shouldn’t even have signed up, but :love:BoomFrog:love: was playing.

3DSNinja - I was sincerely sorry you died. Your content as shaky in the beginning but really started to pick up at the end of D1. The best way to improve your game is to play a lot of games, I hope to see you around a lot more.

BoomFrog – You missed Zen more than you missed me so you had to go. Never underestimate the pettiness and rage of a jealous woman. I mean really you even targeted Sabrar before me? Sad woof.

Cuthalion – Thank you for replacing, you had some good posts once you caught up.

Deadbananas – You started out slow but when it picked up your analysis was thoughtful and I can’t believe you are a relatively new player. I am glad I didn’t have to vote for you D4 because I could never have justified my case.

fontisian – Definitely the MVP in the game, she was totally amazing and I hope we are never on opposite teams. I can see fonti is also a top quality person, the way she tried to bring everyone into the game and her patience and concern in helping me out in this game. I hope to play with you again someday.

Handorin – I was genuinely afraid of letting you live too long because you would have had this by D3.

Jackrito – I agree with Xivii’s #3571 where he said Jack is one of the nicest people he ever played with. Even when you were frustrated, there was no rage, no personal insults, or none of the other poor choices of words many of us use when we post before we think. I hope you stick around and we have the opportunity to be on the same team.

LaserGuy – You already had half the scum team on d1 and you would have had me and Zen by D2; if you want to live longer you need to stop being one of the most methodical and insightful players I know. I missed playing with you terribly these last few months, in our previous couple games together I feel you and I had finally reached our understanding. I hope that we play together again soon.

LogicoftheVI - I relate to your playstyle and your approach and you would have been in my town core were I town. Please come back and play with us again.

malakandra – You lurked too much in the beginning but you had an amazing D4, it’s too bad the game ended just as you were getting more comfortable in asserting your reads. I think you will be a much better player than me once you have a few more games under your belt.
If anyone has any advice for how I can get better, I would appreciate it.
The best thing you can do as town is post and get all your thoughts out there, don’t worry about organizing them and making grammatically correct sentences. And don’t worry about looking scummy or getting lynched or getting night killed. Your job as town is to help town, not stay alive. And to do that you need to post and present all your thoughts.
I getcha, I was also not used to all my words being preserved, usually I like to just kinda spit stuff out, which works in VC games unless someone has a perfect memory, but here I was nervous doing that because the posts last forever so I siked myself out of posting some posts I had written
Yeah I used to worry about that too. I posted a lot of stupid stuff. But now it’s gone and I sure wish it was back.

Pythag – Sorry we were on opposite sides again, I would like to be on your team next time. I thought you had some good content and I tried but I could never quite make a good scum case on you.

Ranmaru – Sorry for not engaging more with you on D1 but you already had half the scum team and almost had me. You are one of my favorite people, please don’t take too long of a break from mafia.

Sabrar – Well we’ve been waiting to be mafia together for years, unfortunate about the timing. I’m sorry I couldn’t put more into this game. You are the other half of my puppy brain.

Spak – I like your style. Good luck with job hunt, find something soon so you can come back and play another game.

Toko Fukawa/Tsumugi Shirogane – Thank you for replacing!
All I care about is why I was shot during the night, did mafia fear me?
Yes. I could tell you were an experienced and skilled player and I would not fool you for long.
If people had problems with my roleplay I would ask that they message me here, so I can discuss it. Since I would like to continue doing the roleplay and I want to clarify it is in no way meant to offend anyone or sexualizing my character. Which mind you is already highly sexualized in the game she comes from.
I fully support role playing, and people having fun with the game. I modded a game where everyone had a role and posting restrictions to ensure they posted in character. But I appreciate your understanding the feelings of others; I can tell you mean no harm so I’ll just leave it at that. I look forward to playing with you again and seeing what you come up with next.

Trisscar – Sorry for tunneling on you so much. I’m kinda known for tunneling, and also for being kinda hard headed. But the caliber of players in this game was so high I didn’t have a lot to work with and you ended up my target.
Now you've got me curious what "female Sabrar" means Xivii. XD
Trust me, that’s a compliment. Sabrar was highly regarded on my site for his methodical thinking and skill and was considered one of our finest players. I see the same traits and potential in you.
...Ok I'm actually kinda curious on people's actual thoughts on my D1 claim and how it affected the games direction though?
I will think about this and would be happy to provide feedback if I come up with anything useful.

Wiisp – Thanks so much for being part of the game, and for mentoring a new player (which we really needs to see more often). I will admit when I saw you show up on D2 I was quite irritated because I knew the content level would rise exponentially in a game where I was already having trouble keeping up with, but I like your enthusiasm and would like to play with you sometime when I am well.

Xivii – I was soooo excited to be partners with you in this game. You always make every game interesting and fun. I found this in my notes, from the shout outs of the very first game we played together:
There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.
Should we ever play together again I will clear a space for you on my “favorite people to play with ever” list.
Z25 – I’m sorry that circumstances were as they were; I thought you had a very good D1. Please come back and play when you are ready.

osieorb18 – The biggest thanks go to our incredible mod! You modding is fair and meticulous, when you get to know me better you will know that is high praise from me. Thank you for understanding and working with my time constraints.

On the setup I think the game balance may have favored mafia, but of course a lot depends on which players are assigned which roles. Like I said in scum chat, a double bulletproof on a different player would have completely turned this game.

#HBC | marshy (because marshy has to be in the shout out post, right?)
something ill throw out is that town couldve stood to vote/consolidate their votes/wagons much more. generates more reactions and tells. i dont want to sound too critical cuz i wasnt in the game but it felt like a lot of townies were just talking in circles instead of forming a core and working from there
Agree completely. When I made this post in Flavorless Mafia I was half wondering if you would see it and recognize it. It was from Overswarm’s game wrap up in Crossover:

When you find a partner, work together.
So many townies found someone and were like "yep, town". And then continued to treat them like everyone else or not listen to them. If you think someone is town, vote together. If you're right, you have what is called a "voting bloc". This gives your entire group drastic power and influence.
This comment is something that has stayed with me and I think about in every game I play.

This is way past my stopping time, thank you all again!

Wiisp

Smash Lord
bessie bessie
ya sorry, still working on that
I don't usually do that anymore
but being alive only during day 2 probably evaluated my spammy nature

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Wiisp Wiisp I enjoyed your content in this game (and also your content in Oasis) and everyone should play how they want to play (as long as they are respectful of others). This was really more of my problem, because I have a lot of trouble seeing after 9 or 10 at night so I couldn't keep up (getting better with time though, can see a little better every week). I really liked your game it is something I totally would have done myself as town.

Top Bottom