• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I was odd-night Vig who could only shoot VT.
fonti's role was as described.
Xivii and bessie were goons.

fontisian

Smash Champion
But what did Ranmaru do?
other then push his wolf reads?
Nothing
Z took the attack personally because he was already in a bad place, because he was grieving. You are treating it like it was a trick, and taking it personally, when it was neither of those things.

Remember that we are playing this game to have fun. Remember that it is ok to be wrong, and that in recognizing our mistakes, we improve.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I think I am going to take a break from this site after this
Too many questionable things being allowed in these mafia games

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Ranmaru waited till after Z25 announced their news to suddenly push the s*** out of Z using the time limit as an excuse. They then got offended when Z took this badly in the middle of being grief stricken. Z cannot have been the only scum read Ran had, but Ran still pushed without hesitation or remorse.
A game played FOR FUN should not take precedent over the grief of losing a loved one.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Z took the attack personally because he was already in a bad place, because he was grieving. You are treating it like it was a trick, and taking it personally, when it was neither of those things.

Remember that we are playing this game to have fun. Remember that it is ok to be wrong, and that in recognizing our mistakes, we improve.
Z25 wasn't in a good headspace, I understand that, but Ranmaru didnt deserve that attack
maybe calling it disgusting was a little to eager on my part, so I will apologize for that

Trisscar

Smash Ace
I'm sorry maf, I would be more congratulatory but the behavior displayed here has pissed me off regularly since this game started. None of you did anything I would find out-of-game objectionable, please do not think I include you in this list.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Ranmaru waited till after Z25 announced their news to suddenly push the s*** out of Z using the time limit as an excuse. They then got offended when Z took this badly in the middle of being grief stricken. Z cannot have been the only scum read Ran had, but Ran still pushed without hesitation or remorse.
A game played FOR FUN should not take precedent over the grief of losing a loved one.
like I said, I think a lot of plays on this site are a bit questionable
and don't condone to the spirit of mafia

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Be more present, and explain more about your thoughts. You were someone I was more suspicious of partially because you rarely spoke, and partially because when you did speak there wasn't much you said.
That said, do not be verbose simply to fill space. If you have thoughts on something, voice them.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
yah, I def found it hard to just jump in, and explain all my thoughts well. I felt like the conversation going on didn't have much to do with me, so I just watched from a distance, and when I did jump in, I was worried about being an easy lynch so I only really said a few things, which backfired and got me to look more scummy.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Ye. Now admittedly, after that hullabaloo with my D1 claim I didn't say a ton either, but I put that down more to my not being used to having the time and need to express my thoughts to that extent, unno if you feel similarly.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
also, I want to apologize to Z25
clearly I still dont have a decent hold over my emotions
I swear I'm not a bad person

anyways love you all

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Ye. Now admittedly, after that hullabaloo with my D1 claim I didn't say a ton either, but I put that down more to my not being used to having the time and need to express my thoughts to that extent, unno if you feel similarly.
I getcha, I was also not used to all my words being preserved, usually I like to just kinda spit stuff out, which works in VC games unless someone has a perfect memory, but here I was nervous doing that because the posts last forever so I siked myself out of posting some posts I had written

Trisscar

Smash Ace
I mean to be fair, not like most people were digging through them THAT hard, since there were 70+ pages at D3. XD

fontisian

Smash Champion
yah, I def found it hard to just jump in, and explain all my thoughts well. I felt like the conversation going on didn't have much to do with me, so I just watched from a distance, and when I did jump in, I was worried about being an easy lynch so I only really said a few things, which backfired and got me to look more scummy.
Those kind of nerves are normal when you start playing in a new setting. They go away with time.

I am fonti#3081 on discord if you want to add me to chat about the game or mafia in general. That goes for anyone else in the game as well.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Still working on a post-game thoughts post, but figured I'd chime in here:

I'm not an amazing player by any stretch of the imagination, but at some point in my time playing mafia, I decided that it didn't matter what people thought of me, and I would play as actively as realistic to enjoy the game. If I got lynched, so be it. The game is more fun if people are playing. That's not to say that I never worry about looking scummy. But I definitely don't restrict myself like I used to do.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Still working on a post-game thoughts post, but figured I'd chime in here:

I'm not an amazing player by any stretch of the imagination, but at some point in my time playing mafia, I decided that it didn't matter what people thought of me, and I would play as actively as realistic to enjoy the game. If I got lynched, so be it. The game is more fun if people are playing. That's not to say that I never worry about looking scummy. But I definitely don't restrict myself like I used to do.
echoing this sentiment

part of the fun of the game is being yourself. developing your own playstyle and letting your personality show through. obviously you dont want to b mislynched as town but if you post more freely and get ml'd even that gives the town information to use later in the game. so yeah, you can overcome those nerves

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I mean to be fair, not like most people were digging through them THAT hard, since there were 70+ pages at D3. XD
Fair enough, I'm still upset I read through the whole thread again just to mislynch lol. Bias really got to me.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Ye. I might not have been helping with my notes about how Jack was flipflopping on me so often, but I wasn't certain either so....

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Malakandra Malakandra

I also realized that people feeling that I was flailing wasn't really a bad thing and that I would have more fun playing the game if I didn't try to please people's expectations. I had a series of games which I didn't enjoy much, which included one in which I got into a long argument with someone wrongly tunneled on my slot. Not long after, I had one of the better scumgames I've ever played. I was free in being comfortable with the game. And I wouldn't trade that for anything.

Last edited:

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Thanks Osie! I'll work on it next game for sure. Thanks for being a great host and putting up with my posts in the message thing lol

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
something ill throw out is that town couldve stood to vote/consolidate their votes/wagons much more. generates more reactions and tells. i dont want to sound too critical cuz i wasnt in the game but it felt like a lot of townies were just talking in circles instead of forming a core and working from there

beyond that if anyones in the team game on mu next week ill see you there

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Mala, I think you did very well for your first time. You actually figured out that Fonti was scum, and I never really came to terms with that.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Malakandra Malakandra
just do you, a lot of it comes from experience
I suggest reading some articles on MU
Mafia University
First and foremost, you want to be having fun, and you want the experience to be enjoyable for everyone

Wiisp

Smash Lord
not that I always follow my own advice about making the game more enjoyable for others
:p

fontisian

Smash Champion
something ill throw out is that town couldve stood to vote/consolidate their votes/wagons much more. generates more reactions and tells. i dont want to sound too critical cuz i wasnt in the game but it felt like a lot of townies were just talking in circles instead of forming a core and working from there

beyond that if anyones in the team game on mu next week ill see you there
I'll see you!

Trisscar

Smash Ace
...Ok I'm actually kinda curious on people's actual thoughts on my D1 claim and how it affected the games direction though?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I mean the claim was townie as ****
but I think a lot of what came after was kinda contradictory to what u were trying to achieve I think

Top Bottom