• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

Wiisp

Smash Lord
its probably just cuthlu
I don't see why he can't post anything if he is town
Fonti's list is the one I like the most

Cuth/Hand/Boom/Jack/Sabrar

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
This is Triss' based off #1397

Jackrito - good
Spak - good
Xivii - good
malakandra - good
Pythag - good
LogicoftheVI - bad
Sabrar - bad
BoomFrog - bad
Handorin - bad
Deadbananas - bad
Bessie - bad

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
The first one is more out of my self interest since I don't feel any different this game, so wanted to know how he felt I was pushing something. This is semi for my own growth and also since he knows me best here his view on me should matter a fair bit if I'm scum or not.

I don't understand the issue with me wanting to discuss things with someone who is confirmed town and someone I get along with and views on mafia I respect the most. I'm on a bad mafia run lately so getting any help I can with my thoughts.
Considering you and Logic both have this perspective and are from the same site, I'm willing to accept it as more likely a cultural difference. I think it's optimal for IC's to play close to the chest until discussion has run dry or it's lynch time.

Last edited:

Sabrar

Smash Ace
seems like a waste of a bus to cause confusion among the townsfolk
People know if they were redirected so any confusion is significantly reduced.

- Ran's slot (Culthon): Ran's play at the end of last phase was uber sketch. He was flip-flopping his vote all over the place, which is irregular for me (since the Ran I remember from years back tends to make well-informed opinions of slots and stick to them to the bitter end (I used that against him in Masquerade)).
You also played in Crossover (on xkcd) so you should be aware that town!Ran flip-flops an enormous amount of times.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
You also played in Crossover (on xkcd) so you should be aware that town!Ran flip-flops an enormous amount of times.
I mean, I've played with town!Ran for years, and scum!Ran a couple times (although it's way more rare than town!Ran). His reads can change a bit, but his voting towards end of phase flip flopped like middle eastern footwear and while he does tend to swing wagons, it really doesn't seem like him to randomly push that hard for someone that goes V/LA an hour before deadline for irl stuff on so little evidence (especially after how hard he was tunneling Zen the rest of the phase). His play just didn't sit right by me, which is unusual (considering he's usually the towniest of townies in my book).

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
My bottom 5 are Spak, DB, Sabrar, Hando, pythag.

Spak
I also agree that the early claim is a really bad move... If you're telling the truth about being VT, it's narrowing down who Mafia has to go after. If you aren't and you're trying to get people to not suspect you, it'll bite you if someone tries to do something like track you and you do anything. If you're scum, you just safeclaimed. I doubt it was to get the game rolling, since usually that's a PR claim (and 3DS has already piqued interest with the 'shadow' claim).

I'm confident that move was anti-town, but with that said, I'm not really sure if this is telling of alignment... This isn't a move I would think anybody would make regardless of alignment, so I'd say it's either carryover from irl Mafia (where people sometimes claim D1 to generate conversation, which equally likely town or scum) or just lack of experience (in the context of town!Trisscar).

So just out of curiosity (and since it seems to be a popular question today), what's your level of experience with Mafia?
This section from Spak's intro post feels off. It's such a longwinded way to say something is a null-scum lean? The bolded doesn't seem to make sense within the context of the prior and following lines. And the question at the end was unnecessary considering it had already been asked and Spak quoted and responded to it later in this same post.

PPFA (Pre-Post-Flip-Analysis): I can see this as SvT or SvS. Scum!Spak setting up his footing to push town!Triss or scum!Spak artificially examining his partner. I think awkward wordiness usually suggests the latter.

DB I'm no longer scumreading (null). I initially didn't want to lynch him yesterday because I thought he may have been crumbing vig, and thought it was sketch after he claimed otherwise. His explanation about the Claim Vig makes sense though. I don't agree that his role is necessarily town, however. I also think the way the wagons played out suggests exactly one of him and Hando are mafia, not both.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Pythag has been very weird today. So much of what he says seems unnaturally confident. Specifically, the bolded lines here:
I mean, your first two posts actually gave me "uh oh" vibes of potential inactivity.

Once you were in the thread you were not only incredibly active with the time that you had

you were also clearly reading, and challenging / questioning things that were going on. Stuff that I hadn't noticed, but I thought were good questions / observations.

It stood out to me more than DB, Malarkey, or Triss. I kinda group you three together because I didn't know you. Out of you four I was most confident you were town.
If you could directly link me to what slip you're talking about, I'd like that, because this :

looks pretty damning to Jack imo.

For some reason I could see a Hando/Sab scum team, but I would rather go for Hando first and look at Sab later, cause I like Sab's posts today.

I believe Bananas claim.

I don't like how Boom was jumping wagons EoD

I like Logic,

I want to like Bessie,

I think it holds that Triss' early strategy is from a more IRL playstyle, but I'd like some reads.

Vote : Handorin
How are the quoted posts damming for Jack? Also inner quotes definitely didn't use to disappear from outer quotes. I don't know when that change happened. It's weird.

Why is Fonti very likely town?

You, Jack and I were pushing DB EoD yesterday, I don't know that you can call Sab out for that and not incriminate yourself

I personally saw 3DS as town from a meta view, but others, like Ran absolutely disagreed. So does that mean that you find Ran scummy for that?

The Info lynch made sense to me at the time too. I had forgotten we had a vanilla checker though, so if Sab is still on that, then yes, I would have a problem with that.

That being said.

Your response seems super genuine, I like that.
This is particularly weird because he just spent the whole post pointing out holes in Boom's response. So how does it seem genuine?

That's....a really good point.
Again, how was this a good point. Boom's response didn't actually counter what pythag was saying.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
ok so there seems to be this quite poor interpretation of Ran's push on Zen
Z25 had literally no direction, he had no wim, he did absolutely nothing
I noticed it, Ranmaru noticed it, it was a complete radical 180 from the prior game where he was the forefront.
Ranmaru can still be a wolf
I think he is town for [redacted], I still wouldnt hate lynching this slot given I can't technically use my read
and Cuthulu has done literally nothing

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Sabrar
BTW should I bother bringing up something against Handorin or have we stopped caring about him altogether for today since we're expecting a check on him tonight and he's off the table?
I think this is the scummiest post from Sabrar so far. It doesn't seem like him (or from any town, but especially him) to ask for permission to post a case. Even if we don't lynch Hando today, why would it hurt? However, I do think Sabrar may intentionally be playing in a certain way for reasons. Sabrar is a power player and knows how to deep wolf. I feel like scum!Sabrar would be putting in a lot more effort here. That being said, if his play continues this way, he needs to go.

Hando should be the lynch today. The reasoning behind his scum reads isn't internally consistent, and they come off like they were picked out of a hat. I don't think we should bank on Fonti living through the night. We don't know what the doc or strongman situation is like. And I think testing DB's claim would be of more value. And a not-vanilla result on Hando doesn't tell us anything because of #146.

PPFA: Hando and Sabrar read as SvS. Hando basing his Sabrar read off an associative with DB is suggestive of this, and I think continuing to hold that read despite the associative no longer existing to be more suggestive of this. Bussing scum are more likely to maintain their scumreads on their scum mate when the reasoning doesn't hold up because they know they are right despite the reasoning, and they know they don't face a real threat from the accused. Whereas with town, they run the risk of retaliation, incriminating themselves if the accused flips, or spewing the accused if the accuser flips. Also, Sabrar's callout regarding Hando's chain of reasoning, as I pointed out above, seemed half-assed. Again, why ask if he could make the case instead of just making it? And if he thinks he's scum, why is he going along with letting him live for the investigation? This doesn't seem consistent with the Sabrar that was willing to lynch a claim for being scummy when it was easily provable the next day.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Pythag might be suffering from TMI
I think BoomFrog might also be suffering from TMI

Wiisp

Smash Lord
BTW should I bother bringing up something against Handorin or have we stopped caring about him altogether for today since we're expecting a check on him tonight and he's off the table?
What is it?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
his reaction to Triss was weird though I will say that
PRs do not usually claim Vanilla? so honestly idk what he is talking about there

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
If he's not vanilla, you're not going to be here to enforce it. He's just going to claim a PR that town isn't going to want to lynch or that's going to provoke a counter claim. I want him sorted today.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
If he's not vanilla, you're not going to be here to enforce it. He's just going to claim a PR that town isn't going to want to lynch or that's going to provoke a counter claim. I want him sorted today.
we know there is a vanilla cop
so he either hard claims VT, or he hard claims PR
with 8 people having him as red, in my chart, and him being caught in a lie if fonti lives with a not-vanilla check on him
he's dead, adios, c'est la vie

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Xivii - good and gets a gold star
Trisscar - good
LogicoftheVI - good
Deadbananas - good
Spak - bad

malakandra - good
Cuthalion - good
Pythag - bad
Fonti - good
Handorin - bad

BoomFrog - good and gets a gold star
Jackrito - good
Sabrar - bad
Bessie - good and gets a gold star

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
we know there is a vanilla cop
so he either hard claims VT, or he hard claims PR
with 8 people having him as red, in my chart, and him being caught in a lie if fonti lives with a not-vanilla check on him
he's dead, adios, c'est la vie
This just isn't the case. You're underestimating how hesitant Villagers are to lynch PR claims. Especially if it's something like Doc. What happens if he claims Doc, people back off because "well scum can kill him if it's true," and then real Doc is forced to counter claim. Furthermore, he's already positioned himself to where he can claim a PR that lied about being Vanilla based on #146. I don't let scum live. It backfires 8/10 times.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
lmao ok well if he flips Vanilla Ice Cream, I will be screaming at you in the dead chat
HE IS NOT CONFIRMED SCUM, U ARE NO DIFFERENT THAN RANMARU WHEN YOU TALK LIKE THAT
STOP

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Hand's post and vote on Triss was garbage
and idk how much experience he has playing mafia
but chalking up mafia to simple 1's and 0's is not someone with tons of experience honestly
I think Hand just might be a wolfy town

VT's dont always claim VT
PR's dont almost ever claim VT
Not every mafia claims VT

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I might be getting frustrated, I am not reading to take a town stance on Hand
ignore the above post

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Xivii Xivii
I strongly believe in Sabrar's meta of never bussing, there is nothing wrong with FoSing your partner
but like that post that Sabrar wrote out, basically dumps on Hand, its not necessary at all

bessie

Smash Journeyman
The only problem I see with DB is I don't see an experienced mod like Osie balancing the game such that (presumably) half or a little less than half of the scumteam are newer players.
I may be misinterpreting your wording, but roles were probably distributed randomly.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
On the two blank areas in my list of reads on that graph:

"Ranmaru:
..........Okay that massive fight with Xivii just absolutely ruined their post history, I can't even tell what's what anymore. If that was a strat then congrats it worked, now I don't WANT to go through and try to read them back.

Suffice to say that I thought they were being extremely pushy for literally any game, much less a day 1 game of five-day-IRL forum mafia. The only thing that was keeping me from pushing back was the fact they had a badge and I figured they might actually know what they were doing and had good reason. I now very much disbelieve that impression.

Z25:
They spent a good deal of time going after Ran for not letting me know that edits are frowned upon, and otherwise kept to what most people were pushing as scum. That's the vast majority of my impression of them."

So fontisian green, Cuthalion red I suppose.

Top Bottom