• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

fontisian

Smash Champion
I see what you're saying but being new does not rule out a player from being scum.

We don’t know what powers are in the game so that could be why Deadbananas wanted to get his claim of targeting 3DSNinja out early.

Where has Trisscar given any strong opinions on a player other than some suspicion on BoomFrog (for gambit and see post 1044), and on me? But I do see excuses for not giving reads.

For Malakandra, it was that the post was isolated without another post for a few hours after. Mala giving scum reads in post 617 was in response to the request for a “Bottom 4” list (by BoomFrog but probably earlier by Ran who does this in every game).
True, but it doesn't mean they're scum either. Draw that bananas thought out a little further. Scum!bananas wanted to get his claim of targeting 3DS out early because ____.

I don't know on Trisscar. I'm not exactly caught up. Point taken.

I'm not getting your point with Mala. My point is that if him responding immediately to something only happened once, isn't it more likely that he was coincidentally around at that time? If it happened multiple times, then there would be a pattern of him lurking in the thread and on responding when prodded. I haven't seen that.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I mean, your first two posts actually gave me "uh oh" vibes of potential inactivity.
Once you were in the thread you were not only incredibly active with the time that you had
you were also clearly reading, and challenging / questioning things that were going on. Stuff that I hadn't noticed, but I thought were good questions / observations.

It stood out to me more than DB, Malarkey, or Triss. I kinda group you three together because I didn't know you. Out of you four I was most confident you were town.
Hi Pythag. Do you still think logic is town? Did you have any thought on the slip Jackriot pointed out?

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Who thought that the deadbananas train from D1 built too fast? I seem to remeber 2 people said something about this? If you believe that meant bananas was town then who were the mafia pushing that train? Something to look at?

I think bananas is town based of their claim.
D1 they didn't regerster much on my radar for positive or negative reasosn.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Why did you refer to urself as Not Mafia, rather than just Town?

And it's definitely something to note, I mean I know I'm not stupid to get caught making that mistake, but maybe you did

Not only that, but both people they supposedly got hit, I say supposedly, because I can only assume based on Dead Bananas claim, were the ones you didn't talk about

Which is just really weird

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Why did you refer to urself as Not Mafia, rather than just Town?

And it's definitely something to note, I mean I know I'm not stupid to get caught making that mistake, but maybe you did

Not only that, but both people they supposedly got hit, I say supposedly, because I can only assume based on Dead Bananas claim, were the ones you didn't talk about

Which is just really weird
because that is how i chose to 0hrase if for the person who think I am.
Le sigh....
No I wouldn't and didn't make said mistake.
why as mafia would I not talk about someone we were planning to NK?
Anyway talk to me about that sabrar read of yours?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
This may also just me being petty after watching split get attacked for two days, because of a supposed slip, and flip town

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hi Pythag. Do you still think logic is town? Did you have any thought on the slip Jackriot pointed out?
If you could directly link me to what slip you're talking about, I'd like that, because this :

Irl takes a townread away.
I like what someone else said "judge by the content he has posted".
I wish you would do that.
I'm not liking you much here and it has lots to do with you shift from our previous game.
I never liked your early town read on me anyway and the tunnel comment felt like a preemptive defense for when I started looking your way.
looks pretty damning to Jack imo.

Sabrar feels like a wolf here, his tone is off
vote: Sabrar
For some reason I could see a Hando/Sab scum team, but I would rather go for Hando first and look at Sab later, cause I like Sab's posts today.
I believe Bananas claim.
I don't like how Boom was jumping wagons EoD
I like Logic,
I want to like Bessie,
I think it holds that Triss' early strategy is from a more IRL playstyle, but I'd like some reads.

Vote : Handorin

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
If you could directly link me to what slip you're talking about, I'd like that, because this
They are referring to me not talking about laser in my large post and laser being a NK.
I guess they believe I am mafia who forgot to take them out of the list or talk about them since I knew they were dying today?

This is what im getting from it anyway.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
True, but it doesn't mean they're scum either. Draw that bananas thought out a little further. Scum!bananas wanted to get his claim of targeting 3DS out early because ____.
I thought I answered this. Because he doesn’t know what powers are in the game. So he could have been tracked, or Ninja could have been watched.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
At what point did you stop lynching people for scummy behavior?

When I kept losing games because half of my community act scummy in general, I'm not saying people who act scummy can't be scum because that would be dumb. I'm saying that lynching people who act scummy on purpose you need to take more time with normally.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I thought I answered this. Because he doesn’t know what powers are in the game. So he could have been tracked, or Ninja could have been watched.
Yeah, it's possible, but it's very rare for scum to do this. They would have to be very paranoid that they were watched to claim like this on D2. With 16 players the chance of scum getting watched doing the night kill is very low. It would have to be a very inexperienced scum team to make that decision to claim without promoting. I don't think I've ever seen it and it's hard to imagine.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Dead bananas and lasor were blank in your read list, why? Because u talked about them before? So why wouldn't u say, "I already explained these", in the post
Instead you left them both blank and one is dead, and the other probably also got hit, by KP that could very well also be mafias

I think it's a dumb slip, I wouldn't ever do it, but at least acknowledge the fact that they are there, and it's weird

Jackrito

Smash Ace
because that is how i chose to 0hrase if for the person who think I am.
Le sigh....
No I wouldn't and didn't make said mistake.
why as mafia would I not talk about someone we were planning to NK?
Anyway talk to me about that sabrar read of yours?
Why as town do you not do everyone apart from those two. You had time to make big things on some people. I can understand you not doing everyone but you have to admit its weird maybe this was just unlucky but chances of you missing out the two people who were suppose to die is amazing to me. Even if you had an one liner I would be fine like you did on some others.

I also don't like how you are attacking me for my irl town take away on you I said on day one when Ran asked me about you that you felt like Token this game where you were scum that should be a pretty clear sign that I was not townreading you anymore.

I'm going to stop this for a bit though because I don't want to tunnel on you, since I'm sick of tunneling in games lately.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Jackrito Jackrito Your "slip" on logic is nonsense. As logic said, it's far far too blatant. Like, loving would have to have zero self awareness. Do you think logic is such incompetent scum?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Pythag Pythag
What do you like about sabrars posts?
And what do you not like about Handprints?
Why do you like Logic?

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Dead bananas and lasor were blank in your read list, why? Because u talked about them before? So why wouldn't u say, "I already explained these", in the post
Instead you left them both blank and one is dead, and the other probably also got hit, by KP that could very well also be mafias

I think it's a dumb slip, I wouldn't ever do it, but at least acknowledge the fact that they are there, and it's weird
I admit that this is likely not a slip, since true slips rarely happen and are never this dumb, but Logic's reaction to this is so weird to me.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Jackrito Jackrito Your "slip" on logic is nonsense. As logic said, it's far far too blatant. Like, loving would have to have zero self awareness. Do you think logic is such incompetent scum?
Its more then just the slip, its just something I noticed while checking game at work and bothered me. I don't like other stuff he did this game. I also don't think hes a great scum tbh and he would admit that, But don't know why you are defending it though when it is weird even if not a slip

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Because slips have to be on accident. So logic would have to not realize what he was doing.
And maybe he didnt, we can call it NAI, if that makes you feel better

I'm not going to ignore it tho, u do you

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
You felt vaguely scummy all game last game and turnedd out to be scum. And you feel vaguely scummy to me all game this game.

Vote Jackrito

Handorin

Smash Hero
Darn it guys, I'm gone for less than a day trying to move, and you already mave 4+ pages on content?

Jackrito

Smash Ace
They are referring to me not talking about laser in my large post and laser being a NK.
I guess they believe I am mafia who forgot to take them out of the list or talk about them since I knew they were dying today?

This is what im getting from it anyway.
I take more issue with your lack of DB one then the laser read I can understand you maybe removing that if dead, but you never removed it for that reason from what I understand, You just never did a read on either. I don't think this is an actual slip or this would be the worst I have ever seen. Your reaction to it and your view of me this game, also the lack of much yesterday is why I see you as scum. Maybe you can change my mind lets see

Vote Logic

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pythag Pythag
What do you like about sabrars posts?
And what do you not like about Handprints?
Why do you like Logic?
What is your cut-off point for 'way too many'? IIRC neither player had 7 votes on him at any time and we should have at least 11 townies (given worst case scenario from a mod who apparently does things differently).
This is a good question, and I really didn't like what was going on with the wagons EoD
At what point did you stop lynching people for scummy behavior?
Sab asking a question to Jack, Logic had some similar points

Not entirely correct. I'm advocating an information lynch only if there's no decisively better play.

D1 is done and we shouldn't reflect on what-might-have-beens. Only D2 is a concern right now.

DB town because I believe his claim. Xivii town based on meta. Logic gives off weird vibes with #1220. #1222 is also bad for not adjusting wrt flips. And of course OMGUS. BoomFrog is BoomFrog.
Sab's mentioned he was having a hard time with his reads, I see it make sense for him to be advocating for an info lynch. That doesn't strike me as disingenuous

Hando voted out of self preservation, blatantly, while just kinda traipsing along day reminding people he's typically scum read.

Logic is just making sense to me.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
hmm, Malak can be town I think?
he is effectively FoSing 4 people for decent reasons, and I believe his votes stayed in this PoE, which means he's not making up his reads
As someone who plays a lot of scum this is generally what you need to do for consistency , you make a early POE of scummy players or people you can make a decent reason for and just keep pushing it. Scum do not have to make up reasons to scum read someone, you just need to get in a town mindset and think what things you would find scummy and just play like that.

So I'm not giving a town read for something that is pretty basic to do and easy especially when 3 of the 4 were heavily scum read and the first one being me I take issue with because his description of me was pretty much what he was doing.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
My remark was a joke. To answer your second question, BoomFrog is apparently very similar to Handorin in that they both intentionally behave scummy even when town. As Xivii said probably the most reliable way to read him is in hindsight, to see which wagons he pushed and how they flipped.
Btw, I'm offended. Handorin wears his scummyness like platemail. I use scummyness like a martial artist. Adapting my scummyness to the situation independent of my alignment.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
What does 3 KP mean?
I assume he means 3 party Kill power. So like a SK. Since we don't have 3 different KP confirmed only mafia ,and this so cant be the normal meaning. Not sure why he would think this and not a vig though, maybe because a vig should never do that shot but who knows.

Top Bottom