• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

fontisian

Smash Champion
Laser readwall:
Reads:

Mala: Had a Town Lean on them in #55. This was mostly based on Mala's early tone and reactions feeling very relaxed and natural. Since then Mala's content has been basically forgettable. I don't recall any particularly strong stances or pushes out of them. Dropping down to nullTown.

Handorin: Had a scum feeling from them in #93. I felt that their push on Jackrito (#88 was throwing shade since Jackrito was discussing the issue at hand and it felt to me that it had been established at this point that 3DS was in fact talking about a role, so this felt misplaced. Subsequent discussions have led me to believe is probably a meta-mismatch issue and Handorin did really think that Jackrito was wasting time here. Handorin's more recent posting, notably his push on Deadbananas, have led me to reconsider him and I now have him as a weak Town lean.

Logic: Their approach to the game and posts have felt very townie to me. I had them as Town lean in #207 and that still feels about right to me.

BoomFrog: I didn't care for his aggressive tone in #207, but subsequent posting, especially his frustration resulting from his interaction with Triss (discussed in #332) has led me to believe that he is probably Town.

Jackrito: Has been coasting a fair bit at this stage I feel. I don't really have any strong pings from Jack, but nothing stands out as objectionable. Based on his self-reflection in Oasis, it's more likely that this is his Town meta, but based on that same game, it's also obvious Jack's scum and Town metas aren't so terribly different, so I'm putting him at nullTown.

Z25: Had an early ping from his opening that I mentioned in #63. I didn't pursue this much at the time as their explanation for it seemed plausible, but I was keeping an eye on Z25. As discussed in #291, their content seemed quite weak to me in that they were mostly active, but also pretty much content to just focus on dissecting the plausibility of 3DS' claim rather than actually advancing the game state. Z25's reads seem very non-commital and vague. Still happy with the scum lean here.

Ranmaru: I had some suspicions about Ranmaru starting in #227 in how he went about reading Triss, namely that he said he had Triss as null (bad Town) or "likely" playing dumb (mafia). To me this would imply that Ran actually thought Triss was more likely mafia than not, which should not lead to a null read as it did in this post. This is similar to the tell that Jackrito made in early D1 of Oasis where he voted me despite saying that he didn't see a scum motivation for my actions. Ran also values consistency and clarity in his play, so this seems uncharacteristically sloppy for him.

There's also this weird exchange ending with #370. I assert that the setup is (relatively) low powered, based on mod comments, and Ran believes that this is the mod deliberately throwing us off. Now, as I mention, this setup is explicitly non-******* and I really feel that the mod posting should be taken as gospel here. That aside, what's more interesting is that given the information publicly available, I think it's a bit stretch for Ran to leap to the conclusion that power level of the setup is not exactly what is state. As Town, Ran would have, at best, two claims and his own role PM to work with. One of those claims is VT, the other is for a power that Ran seems to believe, as per his read on 3DS in #411, is probably a fabrication. Even if Ran were a very strong PR himself (unlikely given Ran is say, I don't really feel there's enough information out there for him to concretely say that the setup is not going to be as the mod described. This leads me to believe that Ran has TMI about the setup, and is possibly making this claim based on not only his own power level, but also that of his scummmates, which would give him a much more complete picture than Town would have.

Regarding Ran vs. Xivii, I'm not really going to attempt to work through all of the arguments and meta there. Suffice to say I think Ran is scum independently of this exchange, and I think Xivii is more likely Town independent of it.

Trisscar: As I started in #237 and #291, I get a newbie Town vibe from Triss... The early claim, the weird reactions, it all pretty much fits the archetype. Now I will note that Triss obviously is not strictly newbie Town, as they obviously have played similar games to mafia and have a lot of theoretical knowledge of how different roles interact (#377). That said, my understanding is that Triss is used to playing open or semi-open, power-heavy setups where the meta heavily focuses on early claims and role interactions, and in that sense, I think a lot of the newbie Town meta still applies to him since the focus is not really so much on reads or analysis per se. I also think that a player from this meta landscape is unlikely to fake claim VT early in the game as mafia, as they would want to keep their options open. I think the claim is most likely genuine.

3DS: Ultimately, I think any questions about 3DS are going to have to be resolved one way or another by 3DS' claim. He's made a very specific, very provable claim and has been completely consistent and confident about how the mechanics of it are going to work. I think it's genuine. I don't see any mafia buddy of 3DS' going along with him pulling a stunt like this, and this role doesn't make a lot of sense for mafia. I think he's probably Town (on our site I would probably speculate indie but that's apparently rare here). Post #417 from the Shadow definitely appears to be Wiisp. If nothing else, Wiisp and only Wiisp consistently spelled my name is "Lasor" throughout the entirety of Oasis. As I noted earlier, as 3DS has claimed a PR in a low power setup, I think there is really no reason to consider his lynch today.

Xivii: As I noted in #496 and #533, I don't think it's a good idea to judge Xivii strictly by his D1 play as he likes to be tricky and stir the pot, but I feel on a tone/meta level he's actually fairly consistent about how he goes about this. I am pretty confident that this is Town Xivii.

pythag: Haven't seen much interesting out of him for most of the game, but he's perked up a bit with the recent developments, and I feel his tone is consistent with the earlier game we played. I gave him a Town lean last night, but in retrospect I think that was probably an overstatement of my confidence in my read though, so I think I'll probably drop him to nullTown.

Deadbananas: Pretty much the only thing that stands out to me about Deadbananas are his reads in #337. I have some problems with these similar to those expressed by Handorin (#360). The strong townread of Sabrar seems somewhat unjustified IMHO and the scumreads are only the very lowest of low-hanging fruit. Scum lean.

Spak: I like his opening and his case on me seems to be townie motivated. He's actually the only person to really question the fact that I've been posting a lot of reads without attempting to provide any motivation for them at the time, and while I don't think his scum read on me is warranted, I can see how he could get there if he thinks I'm just making stuff up randomly. Solid Town.

bessie: Haven't had any huge pings from her one way or the other. My recollection is that she is normally tonally much more townie than she is in this game, but that's about all I have to go on at this point. Leaving her at null for the moment.

Sabrar: Pretty much the same boat as bessie. Haven't seen a lot from Sabrar that really stands out to me one way or the other. I disagree with BoomFrog that his push on 3DS regarding the claim is necessarily coming from Town!Sabrar. Sabrar has strong feelings about setup design and I think those feelings would filter through regardless of his alignment. Leaving him at null for now.

Town:
LaserGuy
Spak
Trisscar
3DS
BoomFrog
Xivii
Logic
Handorin
Mala
pythag
Jackrito

Null:
bessie
Sabrar

Scum:
Z25
Deadbananas
Ranmaru

Ordering is as close as I can get, but some of the nullish reads are more or less interchangeable.
I'm town, bananas is leaning towards town with the claim, Xivii is calling Ran town. Yeah, could be something in bessie and Sabrar. These were Laser's mid-Day reads, not sure where he ended up at eod.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Xivii Xivii
also I wanna say kudos to guessing it was me, but Ninja wasn't doing a good job of hiding my mannerisms imo lol

Deadbananas Deadbananas
I am still a little lost on you being attacked?
that means there is a 3 KP out there somewhere

anyways I am going to sleep

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Xivii
Trisscar
3DSNinja (~Swap Wiisp) - N1 Town Imaginary Friend
Deadbananas
Spak
malakandra
Ranmaru (Swap Cuthalion)
Pythag
Z25 (Swap fontisian)
Handorin
LogicoftheVI
BoomFrog
Jackrito
Sabrar
Bessie
LaserGuy - N1 Town Vanilla

^Mod confirmed info if anybody wants it. Lemme know if I missed anything.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Some of it I can't go into, but I just don't want to think scum!Ran makes that play and reacts as he did to Z's reaction. I really think he was upset.
Ok, thanks. I'll check it out when I get there.

Wiisp Wiisp , sorry, my vote is mine and mine alone.

fontisian

Smash Champion
If I don't have any strong urges otherwise I will try to be your vote, since I kinda got your friend killed.
Mmmm, guilt. I buy it.

I'm out for the Night. Nice meeting you guys, ping me with anything you want me to address tomorrow.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Pythag also had some good posts
still ok with keeping him town

also Ranmaru said I was lazy for giving out nulls?
1. I was busy
2. I dont need to solve the whole game on day 1, given phase lengths of 5 days, and this being a fairly large game

Wiisp

Smash Lord
my plan is too work bottoms up
try to get a read on the lower posters, cause its more likely that most of the wolves are there
rather than being in the voices

anyways good night

Sabrar

Smash Ace
One of the xkcd players is probably scum. Probably Sabrar. I think Laser had him low on the list.
LG had me as straight null (#929). He said he would join a drill on me in #1116 because he seemingly forgot my timezone.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
my plan is too work bottoms up
try to get a read on the lower posters, cause its more likely that most of the wolves are there
rather than being in the voices

anyways good night
Guys I think Wiisp is town

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Jackrito Jackrito
does what you fear it does?
I can't even vote, and Ninja was not wolfy
he was the same Ninja we just played with, doing his thing
I fully expected you to be able to vote it was the only way this role has a greater purpose and I normally see extra votes as a scum thing personally. I did not hate his play though since clearly half of it was you. Which is why I never pushed it hard day one.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone
I should be able to be more active D2.
I have some note I took overnight that I will be posting.
Wisp Wisp welcome to the thread kind of surprised that you had little if anything to say about me day 1?

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Sup, I got a Shadow this game, he is helping me out. he wants me to vote Pythag for now, cause his RVS feels forced, and he also doesn't know why I gave thoughts on Sabrar

vote: Pythag
I am going to beed your shadow to elaborate on what felt forced about this.
Wisp Wisp the below post please?

vote Xivii

I don't know if I could handle him giving us the fake outs again

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
I need to make a list of everyone who has town read me
It's just way to much for what I feel I have contributed.
They cannot all be mafia but someone should be tmi'ing me?

Town read logic list:
Z
- says me drawing attention to myself by talking about flying under the radar probably doesnt come from scum pov and read is meta based off being my scum partner?
Laser - says I look town.
Jackrito - most likely meta or tmi
Malakandra - says I seem to be trying to solve the game.
Xivii - read seems to be meta based? Asked me if token party was a fair representation of my scum game.
Pythag- says my early play was "super good".

The one that stands out to me in this group is Jackrito amd Pythag Pythag will need a deeper explanation on what made me "super good "?

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I need to make a list of everyone who has town read me
It's just way to much for what I feel I have contributed.
They cannot all be mafia but someone should be tmi'ing me?

Town read logic list:
Z
- says me drawing attention to myself by talking about flying under the radar probably doesnt come from scum pov and read is meta based off being my scum partner?
Laser - says I look town.
Jackrito - most likely meta or tmi
Malakandra - says I seem to be trying to solve the game.
Xivii - read seems to be meta based? Asked me if token party was a fair representation of my scum game.
Pythag- says my early play was "super good".

The one that stands out to me in this group is Jackrito amd Pythag Pythag will need a deeper explanation on what made me "super good "?
I'm not town reading you anymore you lost that by no showing most of day one and never voting. I liked your intial burst but I know you can fake that.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
I'm not town reading you anymore you lost that by no showing most of day one and never voting. I liked your intial burst but I know you can fake that.
Irl takes a townread away.
I like what someone else said "judge by the content he has posted".
I wish you would do that.
I'm not liking you much here and it has lots to do with you shift from our previous game.
I never liked your early town read on me anyway and the tunnel comment felt like a preemptive defense for when I started looking your way.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
I'll make an ordered list off this.
I didn't even get to finish everyone.

Reads in no particular order: 3DS - they feel like a new player but they feel more nee!town than new!scum. The claim and all posts about it feel very genuine (not sure how thia role could work for mafia but town or tpr makes sense to me?) and honest. #829 says he knows ran is town? #835 says neither should be lynched until D2? Kind of a weird way to put things if town?
Bessie - there posts are easy to follow and understand. #736 feels particularly townie to me.
Malakandra - townlean I just like what I'm seeing from this slot.
Pythag - tho I didn't reply to them i kind of like pythag inquiring in what i was looking for in #133.
Jackrito - his handling of me is quite different here than in babysitter mafia. I didnt notice him throwing shade at Z's townread on me in #155. Now the early town read surprises me even more than before. I will lhabe to get him to talk about what he thinks of the rest of my D1? I take Z's side of the argument in #160 notnsure what it means for Jacks alignment tho?Talking about feeling bad for mafia teammates if 3DS and Handor were mafia feels off. I could see scum!jack doing this, maybe spew town of jack flips scum? I like jack calling out pythag in #1093 feels like a town post. I dont like #1098 aren't we supposed to lynch scummy people?
Xivii - I think I want to give them town points dmfor #42? What mafia gives a townread on someone's first post?
Deadbananas -
Laser -
Trisscar - claim feel genuine. Game state surrounding the train on this player kind of leads me to believe they are town here.
Handorin - early vote on jack feels off seeing as others were also questioning the roles existence. Not sure what he thinks Jack derailed tho since it was actually game related discussion? I dont have much else on this slot at the moment
Ranmaru - early focus on the 3ds's shadow more than 3ds themself. #144 is a generic post that can come from either alignment. #162 is a generic why aren't you voting post. I am not a huge fan of these 2 posts but they can come from either alignment. I kind of like the vote switch to Bananas in #215 they lay out their reasoning in #214 and after checking the posts in question I agree. While #344 is justified but also kind of weird seeing how focused they were on what the shadow had thought earlier? Not going to spend much more time on this slot as they asked to be replaced out in thread and last time someone did that in an Osie game they were modkilled (Phantom of the Opera I believe). Subbed out huh? Well I'm not liking this slot they have work to do.
Sabrar - I am not sure what to make of them just glossing over 3ds role claim as something unannounced and out of game? I also still feel like #104 says a lot with out really saying anything. And I dont feel like their posts prior to that are very AI (rvs vote, rvs talk, timeline post). Really not a fan of the 3ds vote I doubt a scum team makes that type of play (at least in the way sab is trying to paint it) I do not like the reply in #315. If the role is not proved by a certain group specified time that is when we should be pushing this PR claim imo. This could certainly be scum.
Spak - #891 bothers me as this has been talked about a lot by 3ds and other. I k lnow they entered late but to still be "confused" at this point seems off. Maybe they arent reading the thread?
Boomfrog - seems to have a similar meta to a certain someone I know from MC, where if they alive later in the game people will try to lynch them (Xivii said this). Wasn't a huge fan of their early posting or the push on Triss. Kind of felt like looking to fit in but the attention they drew to themself made that feeling dissipate. Gotta look into the circumstances of their final vote change that was a second too late? The move from dead to Hando doesn't look scummy.
Z - the EoD felt town and the roleclaim should be provable if his slot makes it to another day. So Fonti will start with a town read let's see what they can do. Like pythag, Z also handled my #133 in a townie manner.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Pythag Pythag way too many people want Deadbanana's lynched. Who would his teammates be?
What is your cut-off point for 'way too many'? IIRC neither player had 7 votes on him at any time and we should have at least 11 townies (given worst case scenario from a mod who apparently does things differently).

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I don't feel like lynching Handorin because it is such a easy lynch because of how little he does and how scummy he is. Reminds me of Maven in the last game and imo is just a easy lynch for scum to jump on without judgement because his play is bad.
At what point did you stop lynching people for scummy behavior?

Sabrar

Smash Ace
If there are no competing wagons today we should lynch between Handorin and fonti, the information gained from the end of D1 is lost otherwise.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Pythag Pythag way too many people want Deadbanana's lynched. Who would his teammates be?
I know sabrar just asked about this but I want a little more detail than they are looking for.
Is this thought just in general or specific to this situation?
Was it simply because a lot of people moved quickly?
Or was it due to not liking those who moved or their reasons for moving?
I ask because I have seen lynches shift both ways in situations like these.
After you answer this maybe look at the voters and talk about what you actually think of those votes?

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
If there are no competing wagons today we should lynch between Handorin and fonti, the information gained from the end of D1 is lost otherwise.
And on the chance that these were t/t leading trains what do you suggest?

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I'll make an ordered list off this.
I didn't even get to finish everyone.

Reads in no particular order: 3DS - they feel like a new player but they feel more nee!town than new!scum. The claim and all posts about it feel very genuine (not sure how thia role could work for mafia but town or tpr makes sense to me?) and honest. #829 says he knows ran is town? #835 says neither should be lynched until D2? Kind of a weird way to put things if town?
Bessie - there posts are easy to follow and understand. #736 feels particularly townie to me.
Malakandra - townlean I just like what I'm seeing from this slot.
Pythag - tho I didn't reply to them i kind of like pythag inquiring in what i was looking for in #133.
Jackrito - his handling of me is quite different here than in babysitter mafia. I didnt notice him throwing shade at Z's townread on me in #155. Now the early town read surprises me even more than before. I will lhabe to get him to talk about what he thinks of the rest of my D1? I take Z's side of the argument in #160 notnsure what it means for Jacks alignment tho?Talking about feeling bad for mafia teammates if 3DS and Handor were mafia feels off. I could see scum!jack doing this, maybe spew town of jack flips scum? I like jack calling out pythag in #1093 feels like a town post. I dont like #1098 aren't we supposed to lynch scummy people?
Xivii - I think I want to give them town points dmfor #42? What mafia gives a townread on someone's first post?
Deadbananas -
Laser -
Trisscar - claim feel genuine. Game state surrounding the train on this player kind of leads me to believe they are town here.
Handorin - early vote on jack feels off seeing as others were also questioning the roles existence. Not sure what he thinks Jack derailed tho since it was actually game related discussion? I dont have much else on this slot at the moment
Ranmaru - early focus on the 3ds's shadow more than 3ds themself. #144 is a generic post that can come from either alignment. #162 is a generic why aren't you voting post. I am not a huge fan of these 2 posts but they can come from either alignment. I kind of like the vote switch to Bananas in #215 they lay out their reasoning in #214 and after checking the posts in question I agree. While #344 is justified but also kind of weird seeing how focused they were on what the shadow had thought earlier? Not going to spend much more time on this slot as they asked to be replaced out in thread and last time someone did that in an Osie game they were modkilled (Phantom of the Opera I believe). Subbed out huh? Well I'm not liking this slot they have work to do.
Sabrar - I am not sure what to make of them just glossing over 3ds role claim as something unannounced and out of game? I also still feel like #104 says a lot with out really saying anything. And I dont feel like their posts prior to that are very AI (rvs vote, rvs talk, timeline post). Really not a fan of the 3ds vote I doubt a scum team makes that type of play (at least in the way sab is trying to paint it) I do not like the reply in #315. If the role is not proved by a certain group specified time that is when we should be pushing this PR claim imo. This could certainly be scum.
Spak - #891 bothers me as this has been talked about a lot by 3ds and other. I k lnow they entered late but to still be "confused" at this point seems off. Maybe they arent reading the thread?
Boomfrog - seems to have a similar meta to a certain someone I know from MC, where if they alive later in the game people will try to lynch them (Xivii said this). Wasn't a huge fan of their early posting or the push on Triss. Kind of felt like looking to fit in but the attention they drew to themself made that feeling dissipate. Gotta look into the circumstances of their final vote change that was a second too late? The move from dead to Hando doesn't look scummy.
Z - the EoD felt town and the roleclaim should be provable if his slot makes it to another day. So Fonti will start with a town read let's see what they can do. Like pythag, Z also handled my #133 in a townie manner.

Fast question why do you not have a read on DB but do on 3DS. The only other person you don't is Lasorguy who died. This says to me you assumed he was dead.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Sabrar Sabrar
we are big boys, we can conclude if Handorin or Fonti are town or mafia
without needing to call an unneeded informative lynch one of them

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Fast question why do you not have a read on DB but do on 3DS. The only other person you don't is Lasorguy who died. This says to me you assumed he was dead.
I actually talked about LG a little D1.
It sure doesn't mean I assumed they would be the NK?
Anyway as stated in the post you quoted. "I didnt have time to finish everyone".

Top Bottom