• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

bessie

Smash Journeyman
What game are you talking about where spak hedged?
Wiisp’s game on D2, the result was that colored excel sheet. See Post #1385. Spak added more categories see Post #1562. I saw this as hedging. Trisscar was the other person that didn’t make a straight good/bad list, see Post #1397.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Okay, so we have Sab and DB strongly connected. If Sab's telling the truth, both he and DB are town. Otherwise, he and DB are scum. I don't care what side everyone takes, but I'd be wary of people who have them on opposite sides imo. We should put both DB and Sab off of the table for toDay imo so Sab can try to prove himself N3 (we have 12 left, so we could either NL to get more info toNight and save ourselves a phase or kill 2 and put ourselves down to 9, assuming that there are 4 scum). I don't think that Mafia would have a vig with more than one shot given the town's seeming lack of KP, and I don't think they would have targeted DB if they were scum.
Willing to believe that vig claim for now
Why? You and Pythag both seemed super predisposed to believe the vig claim, but it's still far from being proven. I'm a little suspicious of your immediate belief of a slot that has been sketch at best thus far in the game coming out with a claim that has no solid proof.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
bessie bessie can you flesh out your read on spak? He just reads so pure to me
I think I explained my read. I was fine with Spak's content D1 and the first part of D2. He joined the game late, he started out with some chat about school which I don’t have any issue with. His early posts were a lot of questions about things that I’m guessing pinged him, and some games mechanics talk which is a lot like my posting style. He gave explanations for his reads which I like even when I didn’t agree. About halfway through Day 2 was when his content started to ping me. There was what I consider hedging with his list for Wiisp’s game which I already explained. What pinged me the most was that for the last part of the day he was pushing for the vig to claim. See his push in Post #2114 that he needed the claim to clear Deadbananas, and my response in Post #2449. He hadn’t been back since then to respond to that post. I see that Spak has just showed up so Spak, why did you want the vig to claim on Day 2, what would it have gained over waiting until Day 3?

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
We dont have a lot of time.
So we need to either commit to these 3 trains and get one to majority (or close at least) or really focus on where else is a voable.lynch today.
I hate stagnate gamestates like this they make me feel like t/t leading trains.
Pythag unvote boosting themselves to the lead wagon doesn't feel very scummy?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I love these numbers and role spec as much as anyone normally . Can people maybe you know push people instead, we don't get anywhere by just looking at numbers and list of names.
I feel like Logic's posts up to that point had been useful and insightful. Figuring out how many phases we probably have left is an important aspect of figuring out our next steps, and without it we could accidentally hand the game over to scum with a bow on top. Why are you so averse to setup speculation (at least in the context it was being done)?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
So we need to either commit to these 3 trains and get one to majority (or close at least) or really focus on where else is a voable.lynch today.
I will once I'm read up; I should be able to get through the content tonight, so I'll place a vote where I think appropriate when I get caught up.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I'm here and catching up.

What we really need is bessie, Deadbananas, Sabrar, Spak and Xivii to vote. What are you guys doing? Do you think scum are going to lynch themselves for you?

Spak, I see you, and am ok with waiting for you to catch up, so long as you actually /vote/.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
I will once I'm read up; I should be able to get through the content tonight, so I'll place a vote where I think appropriate when I get caught up.
That should say 2 trains we havent really had a third (spak maybe?)

bessie

Smash Journeyman
bessie bessie may ask why no vote accompanied your scumread post?
Who are you willing to vote for?
You were on during the time pythag and I were leading trains any thoughts on that?
I would most like to lynch Trisscar. She responded to my last request for an explanation to why she scum reads me, and for her reason for voting for me on Day 1, with her Post #3034 and it didn't clear things up. She doesn't like my logic based on my reading if the game, in that I don't think some of the roles that have been revealed are low power. That whole discussion didn't even come up until Day 2, so it's not a reason for her Day 1 vote. I called her vote for me OMGUS, and from the posts she quoted in Post #3034 it still looks like it, but she won't say it.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
One of my finest scum-moments was when I put myself at L-2 half an hour before deadline as last scum and explained to Town exactly how they should proceed after they lynch me. I needed 1 guy to not come online (due to work) and make the switch from the lead wagon (who was at L-1). Gained me a ton of town-cred.
I'm not saying this is the same but such plays are part of an experienced player's repertoire.

What we really need is bessie, Deadbananas, Sabrar, Spak and Xivii to vote. What are you guys doing? Do you think scum are going to lynch themselves for you?
I will definitely vote before deadline. Until that I feel no rush.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Most likely to be mafia is Spak. Has had little to no thread presence, their talk around the vig was odd since obviously it should of shot at Bananas had it been able to if they hadn't shot at him originally which is now confirmed they did. Their logic around that push was odd and also a good portion of their content from what I can see.
Fair enough about the thread presence, but I still think confirmed to have shot at bananas is a strong term. If a vig shot goes through tonight, I'll do a toatl 180 on Sab/DB and parade around the villiage proclaiming their complete towniness. If Sab claims he gets RB'd toNight like I expect he will, I'd say we should aim at him toMorrow.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
One of my finest scum-moments was when I put myself at L-2 half an hour before deadline as last scum and explained to Town exactly how they should proceed after they lynch me. I needed 1 guy to not come online (due to work) and make the switch from the lead wagon (who was at L-1). Gained me a ton of town-cred.
I'm not saying this is the same but such plays are part of an experienced player's repertoire.
Tha k you for this.
Tis quite the ballsy move.
Im not sure of Pythag exp level to be honest not sure what they are capable of?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
"Neapolitan (Vanilla Townie Cop) - Each Night, may target a player to check if that player is Vanilla Townie."
https://www.mafiacolosseum.com/threads/mafia-colosseum-basic-roles.299/

?
Roles aren't necessarily 1:1 with other games (especially with other mods). If it were a cop that determines alignment, that puts a whole different spin on things and I'd have to go in the corner to rethink my life a bit.
Fair enough.

Obviously Hand was wrong but I still think the other three are good places to start.
In my last reads list I placed Xivii higher because I thought he was crumming vigilante, with his posts assuming DB had claimed that, I assume a reason for a vig to shoot DB would be if he thought they were trying to crum the role they had.
Right now me version of this PoE would be Pythag, Xivii, Spak, and Logic.
What are everyones thoughts on this?
What makes you think that this is the most probable scumteam? What connections (or lack thereof) do you see in this list of players to imply they're working together?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Im not sure of Pythag exp level to be honest not sure what they are capable of?
Pythag is ye olde DGamer (he's been here longer than I have, so I don't know how deeply he dove into the game before I started); he's started to dust off his Mafia skills to play again for the past couple years. He says he's not very good, but I think he's being too modest imo.

Tsumugi Shirogane

Ultimate Cosplayer
Premium
This Gal will be around for EOD and will vote accordingly.
I want a 3rd train, mostly due to feeling iffy on logic. His claim was good.
Stagnate train's argument has me worried too.
Ehhh that doesn't mean **** really.

Tsumugi Shirogane

Ultimate Cosplayer
Premium
If Sab claims he gets RB'd toNight like I expect he will, I'd say we should aim at him toMorrow.
If mafia have a roleblocker, then what? There is a chance that sab could have his shot fail for multiple reasons, which don't all make Sab scum. I think we either lynch sab here or leave him alone for another day.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Okay, so we have Sab and DB strongly connected. If Sab's telling the truth, both he and DB are town. Otherwise, he and DB are scum. I don't care what side everyone takes, but I'd be wary of people who have them on opposite sides imo. We should put both DB and Sab off of the table for toDay imo so Sab can try to prove himself N3 (we have 12 left, so we could either NL to get more info toNight and save ourselves a phase or kill 2 and put ourselves down to 9, assuming that there are 4 scum). I don't think that Mafia would have a vig with more than one shot given the town's seeming lack of KP, and I don't think they would have targeted DB if they were scum.

Why? You and Pythag both seemed super predisposed to believe the vig claim, but it's still far from being proven. I'm a little suspicious of your immediate belief of a slot that has been sketch at best thus far in the game coming out with a claim that has no solid proof.
Well I believe it because I feel ok On Sabrar like I said yesterday. A town vig also makes sense more then a scum vig. It is possible we have neither, but I don't feel strongly he is scum still. His logic also makes sense in who he shot,only world its not true for me is if scum with DB. Which would be great for me since he was my best scum read day one before the claim. I'm not focused on that today though which is why I said I believe it for now, key word being now.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
This Gal will be around for EOD and will vote accordingly.
I want a 3rd train, mostly due to feeling iffy on logic. His claim was good.
Stagnate train's argument has me worried too.
Ehhh that doesn't mean **** really.
Explain to me how a Vanilla town claim is good, its like the best option for scum to claim in this setup. I'm not saying he can't be VT, but someone claiming that being enough to change your mind is weird to me.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Fair enough about the thread presence, but I still think confirmed to have shot at bananas is a strong term. If a vig shot goes through tonight, I'll do a toatl 180 on Sab/DB and parade around the villiage proclaiming their complete towniness. If Sab claims he gets RB'd toNight like I expect he will, I'd say we should aim at him toMorrow.
This last line is so bad, it is just setting up the situation early. He can be scum and mafia don't have one which may be true since Fonti is being left alone so far. I hate this sort of setup play though, say it when it happens not before hand.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
vote Xivii

I want my power wolf damn it. I also want to see what happens with this as a 3rd wagon.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
You just kind of detailed it.
If DB and Sab are linked, DB's posts and attitudes were looking good.
Would you rather I find DB townie, but Sab scummy?
If nothing can be done until we see toNight's results, we won't know, so the default is to believe it, at least that's my thought.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Explain to me how a Vanilla town claim is good, its like the best option for scum to claim in this setup. I'm not saying he can't be VT, but someone claiming that being enough to change your mind is weird to me.
I'm not trying to speak for Toko, but the manner in which Logic claimed felt right to me.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Anyone want to do a Vig vote today?

Why as mafua would I kill someone who would be helping to keep me from being lynched right now?
Like I get the idea but was killing boom worth losing someone who strongly town read me?

I wouldn't know what a scum team thought or wanted to do?
HOw am I supposed to defend against this type of hypothetical?
These posts here are the classic stuff I get scumread on can really see why tbh, it is a bad look.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I guess I am in claim territory.
I am a vanilla town.
I have no PR claim or information that will save me.

I didn't forget just like im sure you didn't forget I would have influence among my team.
Explain to me how this felt right, this is pretty basic role claim. I'm not having this used as a basis for someone to change their read. You don't have to agree with me, but saying this was enough to make you change your mind something is wrong.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I'll join you on this one for now.

vote : Xivii

What do you mean by power wolf?
Someone who tries to control the gamestate and lead it in a certain direction, this would also fit the issue Logic had with Wolves voting together eariler. A power wolf team will vote together and defend each other. How Xivii has being playing this has being making me think he is powerwolfing for a while, he tried to take control of gamestate multiple times and defended certain people well if they were getting pushed.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Nothing I do as town here will look town to jack.
This is some.major bias man....
It is, but nothing you have done I see as obv town. If I claimed VT today without the check nobody would say it makes me town so why should I be happy you getting it.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Explain to me how this felt right, this is pretty basic role claim. I'm not having this used as a basis for someone to change their read. You don't have to agree with me, but saying this was enough to make you change your mind something is wrong.
I dunno man, it just kinda hit me in the gut.

He's not panicking, or angry, he's just kinda laying it out there. I know you want more of an explanation, but that's all I got for you right now.

Pythag is ye olde DGamer (he's been here longer than I have, so I don't know how deeply he dove into the game before I started); he's started to dust off his Mafia skills to play again for the past couple years. He says he's not very good, but I think he's being too modest imo.
I will say the unvote alone is kind 9f meh.
Would have been nice to see them push a different lynch option.
I've played quite a bit, that doesn't mean my meta was great. I wasn't even aware the votes were tied when I unvoted, I was just re-evaluating honestly.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
It is, but nothing you have done I see as obv town. If I claimed VT today without the check nobody would say it makes me town so why should I be happy you getting it.
Lol, that's a really legit point.
You even got a clear and Xivii still suggested you as a vig target

Jackrito

Smash Ace
On another note if Sabrar is scum I think so is Bessie. I'm in a world of two different scum teams, which is annoying because I hate team building. Still here we are I somehow got stuck in that style choice this game.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I dunno man, it just kinda hit me in the gut.

He's not panicking, or angry, he's just kinda laying it out there. I know you want more of an explanation, but that's all I got for you right now.

I've played quite a bit, that doesn't mean my meta was great. I wasn't even aware the votes were tied when I unvoted, I was just re-evaluating honestly.
I don't think he has to worry yet though tbh, they is still a lot of time left and I'm fully expecting someone mainly Xivii to try and force a lynch on Triss or something here.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
We have a lot of people on in the last hour.
Spak/Jack/pythag/logic/fonti/bessie/sabrar
This is a beautiful thing.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think he has to worry yet though tbh, they is still a lot of time left and I'm fully expecting someone mainly Xivii to try and force a lynch on Triss or something here.
Yeah, but he was also prepping with his "well pythag are we just going to vote each other"
as well as his frustration at you early day when he was like "is anyone else going to not work with me?"

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
force a lynch on Triss
Bessie wants that lynch and has clearly stated why.
Out options with triss are:
Lynch them (doubtful)
Vig them (assuming Sab would shoot there)
Check them (assuming fonti lives)
Let them live I doubt mafia kills them so we deal with them in a Mylo type situation.
This all assumes we aren't there yet.

fixed Sab name

Last edited:
Top Bottom