• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

fontisian

Smash Champion
Triss definitely needs to be checked tonight, and I don't think Sabrar should state who they are targeting.
Thanks Mala, you still feel more town to me here.

@bessie when you get the time can you give me 2 scum and a town who isn't town because of a mechanic but a read and explanations?
I feel like a lot of people have kind of pointed out bessie, but bananas is the only one actually doing anything about it.

@Pythag I presume you'll vote me due to your new scum read on me and self preservation.
Want to do it now so we can force others to start deciding?
This is so weird. Were you trying to goad Pythag into voting for you? Why?

Because Xivii's right in that I don't think you push for a lynch on Jack who is confirmed clear with no proof that there is a disguiser role, which is why Xivii said the vig killing jack is best choice. I don't know if I can revist the idea of a Jack scum without that because he is still sitting on a clear from Fonti.

Then if I'm trusting xivii, I can't necessarily think he's scum. Xivii's timing annoyed me much or at the start of the day, prior to my reread. Ran v Xivii I think still has a lot of merit for being T v T (not saying it's impossible for one of them to be scum, but I guess I'm not leaning that now.

Why did I abandon that idea? Because it was a little knee jerk, and xivii himself said that he's not even that certain of a disguiser, which again is why he wasn't pushing for the lynch. So I guess there very well could be 2 scum in that group, but we don't exactly have anything but hypotheticals currently.

Toko mentioned the only one she'd think about would be Xivii/Logic (since Jack is sitting on a clear) but she's also not willing to go there yet, and I find myself agreeing.

For 2 scum to be in Logic/Jack/Xivii I have to believe one of these :

Scum!Xivii has to be scum making a lot of town plays
Scum!Jack had a way of clearing a role check.
Scum!Logic is the only one that clears occams razor.

I can re-evaluate after a flip.

So I think my '2 scum in there' idea is not just a house of cards, but a house of cards built on a foundation of cards. So I think I pretty quickly got off of that

vote : Logic

Lol logic is so backhanded in his posts.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, and I'll live and learn.
If you believed all of that about Xivii previous, then why was he in your scum list in the first place?

So, were you actually scumreading Bessie, or were you just reacting to her telling people how to play?

Because I don't have to have any crazy ploys for Logic to still be scum?
Logic has a cleared town been pushing him for like 2.5 days, claiming that "this isn't town logic", when Logic also said that said cleared townie could speak to his own scum play.
Logic hasn't really pushed anything and only been asking questions (again, I'm aware that's what I was doing)
Logic has been pretty antagonistic in his tone, and almost aggressive at times over things that don't make sense to me.

Scum!Jack requires : a mafia disgusing role, which we have no proof of, and a 3 day feigned/faked bus of logic and/or xivii.

Scum!Xivii requires....ok, perhaps this also passes occam's razor, but his argumentation seems so rock solid that this would have to be scum playing a pretty fantastic game imo.
Again, how did Pythag go from thinking Xivii was likely mafia to saying all of Xivii's arguments are "rock solid" and he'd be playing a fantastic scum game? This makes no sense. And Xivii's defense of Pythag makes no sense.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
He was forced to change his mind on them, and was already committed on the spak read. He probably thinks sticking with it with make him look better. And scum back themselves into corners all the time anyway, so they can make this exact argument you're making here. And they do it so they don't have to scumread their teammates or people they know are town. This is a terrible reason to townread anyone.
I disagree.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I guess I am in claim territory.
I am a vanilla town.
I have no PR claim or information that will save me.

I didn't forget just like im sure you didn't forget I would have influence among my team.
I can check this Tonight.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
I feel like a lot of people have kind of pointed out bessie, but bananas is the only one actually doing anything about it.

So, were you actually scumreading Bessie, or were you just reacting to her telling people how to play?
Agreed.
Mostly that at the time. Though honestly I tend to attribute forceful attitudes of that nature to caring waaaaaay too much about the outcome of a game, and being on a scum team seems to trigger underdog reactions in people all across different Mafia-likes. Hence why I was scumreading Ran for a while, because EoD1 cluster.

Trisscar Trisscar So, the difference in your play was because you were a power role there and you aren't one here?
Ehhhhh kinda? I think I was quiet while being a bodyguard in the first forum-maf game as well. Also that Bangkok was actively quieter cause people kept afk-ing to replacement. Which is why I'm curious if my role claim here avoided a similar scenario by getting people to actually pay attention and get invested, irregardless of what they thought it actually was.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Ok. I don't really follow, but I feel like if you were mafia, and I was handing you an out to Jack's suspicion, you wouldn't respond with an "ehhhhh kinda."

fontisian

Smash Champion
We dont have a lot of time.
So we need to either commit to these 3 trains and get one to majority (or close at least) or really focus on where else is a voable.lynch today.
I hate stagnate gamestates like this they make me feel like t/t leading trains.
Pythag unvote boosting themselves to the lead wagon doesn't feel very scummy?
I'm checking Logic, assuming we don't lynch him. If I die, kill him.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
What makes you think that this is the most probable scumteam? What connections (or lack thereof) do you see in this list of players to imply they're working together?
... You and Trisscar agreeing with Pythag is making me doubt myself, because you surely can't all be mafia? This push actually makes sense, though. What would you think of Logic, Pythag and maybe Xivii all being scum, Mala?
These quotes go together as Spak is asking me to make the connections of a possible team I stated earlier with Pythag, Xivii, Logic, and Spak.

Logic, Pythag and Xivii have been doing some weird dance around each other all day and I don't like it. Logic hard town reads Xivii, Xivii hard town reads Logic and Pythag. Pythag pushes Xivii and Logic, drops Xivii for just me and Logic, then Logic pressures Pythag into voting him, for Logic to then claim and Pythag to unvote him saying his claim felt pure when it was just a vanilla town claim. I also see some connections in the voting pattern I mentioned earlier.
TLDR yes I can see this scum team being a thing.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I'll join you on this one for now.

vote : Xivii

What do you mean by power wolf?
Also, Pythag voting Xivii here I think confirms Jack is just town, there's no shenanigans with my role. He's voting Xivii even though he just cleared him without even understand why Jack is voting. Imo, this is a clear pocket attempt on Jack, and an attempt from scum!pythag to prove he isn't scum with his partner, Xivii.

fontisian

Smash Champion
ELI5 = Explain Like I'm 5

Walk me through why she posted that game
Jack said she was playing differently here than in that game, and it was making him question his townread on her. So, when the game ended, she posted the game and talked about it. What part of that doesn't make sense?

fontisian

Smash Champion
Here's my proposal:
We kill Pythag, Sabrar kills Xivii or Logic, I check Trisscar.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Jack said she was playing differently here than in that game, and it was making him question his townread on her. So, when the game ended, she posted the game and talked about it. What part of that doesn't make sense?
Donke. Now my point is you've indicated twice now that you are town reading her for being unconcerned with how she is perceived. But that's just surface. She posted the game specifically because she is actually concerned with how she is perceived.

For the record, I'm not saying it's scummy for someone to be concerned with how they are perceived. Town and scum alike should try to come off as townie. However, your town read isn't justified.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
feel like a lot of people have kind of pointed out bessie, but bananas is the only one actually doing anything about it.
I tried, but Bessie took my give a town read not for mechanical reasons as a time to give you and say she thought you were town not for mechanical reasons, when mechanical reasons are a part of how you should be read. I clarified assuming they miss understood and doubled down on you not giving me one. I think Bessie should be in consideration on your scum team.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I never advocate for triss lynch.
I hate their vote it looks bad.
Their dodging me and bessie sucks.
Mech talk is confusing and sometime justboff the mark.
But honestly none of this conclusively makes them scum for me.
It's a weird state of affairs.

I got a good laugh out of this.
"I never advocate for Triss lynch"
Proceeds to advocate for a Triss lynch

fontisian

Smash Champion
Donke. Now my point is you've indicated twice now that you are town reading her for being unconcerned with how she is perceived. But that's just surface. She posted the game specifically because she is actually concerned with how she is perceived.

For the record, I'm not saying it's scummy for someone to be concerned with how they are perceived. Town and scum alike should try to come off as townie. However, your town read isn't justified.
No, I am townreading her for being super chill under pressure and for brushing off my attempt to defend her.

Bananas, I see you and I'm thinking about it.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
My avatar of avatar looks like the eyelids are the bottom part of his eye and the eyebrows are the top and he has a blank stare

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Ok. I don't really follow, but I feel like if you were mafia, and I was handing you an out to Jack's suspicion, you wouldn't respond with an "ehhhhh kinda."
I mean, It's also feeling capricious due to having a role with not a lot to actually do outside days, Bangkok being quieter and necessitating me responding to things less (as well as having less to go on), the maf and SK in the game being killed off D1 which reduced pressure on Town by a large margin, This one proccing first and giving me more insight into how that game might go if I did something similar, etc.

I generally like to acknowledge when there's a lot more factors to a decision than is actively being mentioned.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
I wasn’t reading her townie just based on having results. It was the reasoning in claiming her results when she did, I felt was townie apart from the game mechanics. I also had a town lean on Z25. He was drawing suspicion from many players on D1, but I was seeing it more like enthusiastic and excited to play. In retrospect, maybe his enthusiasm was partially because he got a power role.
Alright you read Fonti town for other reasons besides his claim.

Could you now please give me a town lean who is not: Deadbananas, Sabrar, Fonti, Jackrito, anyone else who has had any sort of mechanical interaction that could clear them.

Triss should be checked tonight. I don't think they are scum as they would have no scum team behind them that I could connect and a Triss lynch would give us no info when we can just check her tonight.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Triss should be checked tonight. I don't think they are scum as they would have no scum team behind them that I could connect and a Triss lynch would give us no info when we can just check her tonight.
She's checking Logic though. We only have so many checks. You shouldn't read from associations.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Aight but who do you think is priority lynch then?

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Aight but who do you think is priority lynch then?
Priority lynch should be logic IMO since that would facilitate a check on you to confirm.

To steal some words from Xivii

Lynching Triss Logic to check Logic Triss

Vote Logic

I'm more confident Triss is town than Logic and this needs to resolve tonight.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Anyway, I'm heading to bed so I can wake up for EoD tomorrow and be able to have some sort of mental activity going on.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
also sorry xivii, my recent posts regarding you seem rude in re read and that's not what I meant for them to sound like.

Top Bottom