• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I like pythag's recent posts. I still need to review, but the way things are flowing, I'm actually leaning Mala over Spak. Mala has consistently been in the middle of the pack, and it's like they are skirting the edges of everything. They haven't really pushed the game forward one way or the other.
I can get behind this. Mala is probably one of my weaker reads, and really only showed up EoD when he was an almost certain vig target.
I don't see a scum!Spak, like at all at this point.

It just so happened to be that Fonti had a vanilla check on my strongest scum read coming into today. Her check yesterday was on Boom, who I knew was a town PR, so there wasn't any reason for me to suspect that her results may have been altered. In short, there was no reason for me to think of it the day before because there was nothing to provoke that thought. The only reason it occurred to me was because of how strongly I thought Jack was scum. And the contradiction with Fonti's results.
For the record, I currently think it's less likely than is that the result was manipulated. The potential for a redirector was a big part of that. But if players are informed of being redirected, as Sabrar pointed out, then Fonti would have known.
that...makes a lot of sense with why you were arguing for Jack to be the vig kill. I get it.

So then that would lead me think the team is like Logic/Mala/X?

Sabrar

Smash Ace
If one of them was willing to step on me maybe I would feel less inclined to vote them
What do you mean by this? Does this have anything related to actual game-mechanics or are you just roleplaying for your own fun?

My head Hurts reading this, but I do want to believe that mechanically a kill switch only exists as a counter to Mafia having ways to kill outside of a factional kill they most likely have. This is me implying that the odd night vigilante has some scum equity due to mechanics!!!!
Why? What does scum having additional kill to do with someone redirecting it?

I did forget about Sab. Sorry Sab!
No worries, my whole game was designed to be forgettable.

Tsumugi Shirogane Tsumugi Shirogane
Look, I'm going to level with you. I find your posts actively distressing to read. Can you just not do this fetishy joke(?) thing?
QFT, +1, was just about to ask the same thing. Also please stop with the pictures, they add nothing and make it harder to read/quote your content.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I think there are two scum between Jack/Logic/Xivii. This is what I'm trying to figure out.
I agree, and firmly think it is Xivii and Logic. Besides the fact that Jack has a big ol green check on him.
Xivii was very adamantly against Logic being shot yesterday, and very for pushing a shot onto Jack.
Logic should be out lynch today.

Vote Logic

Trisscar

Smash Ace
....Fair enough. I'll jump on this one.

Vote: LogicoftheVI

Edit: fixed the name

Last edited:

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I can get behind this. Mala is probably one of my weaker reads, and really only showed up EoD when he was an almost certain vig target.
I don't see a scum!Spak, like at all at this point.
Fair enough on me being a weaker read for only showing up then, but can you explain to me more about Spak?

So then that would lead me think the team is like Logic/Mala/X?
Do you think I have been trying to buss logic since D2 then? Considering I voted for him then and tried to get him to be the shot.

Malakandra

Smash Lord

Triss, I appreciate you jumping on this, but it was kinda odd how quick you did. Like I barely even saw my post before you joined lol. Could you give me your reasoning for voting Logic?

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Already think they're scum, xivii hasn't gotten as many votes by my count. We don't really have a way of deciding which if any have abilities outside just voting, so it doesn't really matter which one goes at this point to me.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Fair enough on me being a weaker read for only showing up then, but can you explain to me more about Spak?

Do you think I have been trying to buss logic since D2 then? Considering I voted for him then and tried to get him to be the shot.
I'm not sure what you've been doing, you really only piped up under threat of a vig

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer

Also, do you think Jackrito is scummy? He's would have been trying to bus logic since almost D1

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I'm not sure what you've been doing, you really only piped up under threat of a vig
I've spoken other times, but I did find it easier to talk when I was directly the target of something, and thus found it easier to engage, and I'm more able to be on at night when less people are around.

Also we have a very similar amount of posts, so If im able to read a majority of yours you should be able to have read mine D2 and seen me pushing Logic.

Also, do you think Jackrito is scummy? He's would have been trying to bus logic since almost D1
No I do not, but thats rather different since I don't think he and Logic are on a scum team together, where as I was asking why you think I would be bussing Logic if we were together. I still want your answer on that.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
No I do not, but thats rather different since I don't think he and Logic are on a scum team together, where as I was asking why you think I would be bussing Logic if we were together. I still want your answer on that.

Why would you be bussing?
Why would anyone bus? To gain credit with the townies?
Jack was always annoyed at Logic, so why wouldn't you want to gain points with him?
You saw that no one was actually going to be biting on Logic, so it was easy to push him when he was in no ones sights?

You're asking me to explain PoE?

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Took me a while to figure out your questions were to show process of thought lol.
You saw that no one was actually going to be biting on Logic, so it was easy to push him when he was in no ones sights?
Considering I got logic to be even with me for a vig shot and was still trying to push for more this is just wrong. Know we know neither of us were in danger but at the time it should be pretty clear I was trying to get him shot and almost succeeded too.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
fontisian fontisian
I think one of us should declare tonight's target in advance so that we don't check/shoot the same person. What is your opinion?

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
I don't like Trisscar either, but this isn't about them, why the redirect onto them?
Im in a better place this morning so let's try this again.
No I was not shading triss in the post you quoted.
Yes I would.like you to quote other posts where you feel I was "shading" someone.
I still considee your use of said phrase as incorrect.
If you have read through triss you should now see where I was coming from.
They are a newer player who I wouldn't expect to know much about how mechanics actually work and their mechanics speculation about imaginary friend (3DS role) pretty much confirms this.
They have other posts that show a lack of knowledge on the subject of mafia mechanics.
So again it wasn't shade it is my opinion and one i feel slid literal truth we can see here the thread

My biggest issue with you coming at me in the manner you did is it was clear you lacked context yet you chose to put such a strongly negative connotation on what I was doing which was actually a fallacy on your part.

I do not regret posting what I posted or writing what I did.
I just have a clearer head right now.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
That was a pretty bad game from you imo, but even in that you were better then this, that was also with a lot shorter days so less time to do content so a bit different. On avg you are most of those things. On that game though You had conviction on me being scum and I town read you for it because it was a strong stance. You then took that conviction to Osie which while bad was towny for you. After that you were pretty solid also
As stated earlier I have a tendency to underperform outside of MC.
I thought I was doing ok here.
The thing about Babysitter and here is that once you died inhad room to work.
You asked of if I did the notes thing in another game and I did it in the babysitter game.
My moten on Ruu ia what lead to me voting her.
The difference there in broke it up into different posts instead of one big post like here.
Those games had a lot less people in them and a much better iso feature.
I almost feel like you're using way outdated meta as I haven't new that strong recently even as town outside of Mostly Seinin.

Anyway if this just going to continue on D5 it really is best to sort me out today.
If you're never going to be able to work with me this game then it's best for town that you guys lynch me.

Mala isnt wowing me here
Maybe Xi is pocketing me but I dont feel they are scum
Spak is just a player in the game
Pythag look worse to me give how they flipped things on me while claiming I did what they did made me townie.
Bessie is just chilling in my PoE. Nothing screaming town to me
Tomo I kind of just want go with xi and wisp read on this slot. I have had a hard time with all three parties in this slot.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Pythag Pythag my approach to the start of today was town because I am town. I dont really follow how you changed your view on me? Feels like you've been trying to pocket me. Or was this another time you just "mixed" things up here?

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Votecount 3.2

Sorry, that message still wasn't quite accurate. Maybe this time will be better?

knw tht yr bnn s lmst dd t ths mmnt, bt th bnn stll nt s lst. Blv n bnn, nd cntn t mv frwrd.

- Yr Bnn Frndl f Nghbrhd​
Spak (1) - Toko Fukawa
Pythag (3) - fontisian, LogicoftheVI, Jackrito
LogicoftheVI (2) - Malakandra, Trisscar

Not voting: bessie, Deadbananas, Pythag, Sabrar, Spak, Xivii

Xivii Xivii Trisscar Trisscar Deadbananas Deadbananas Spak Spak Malakandra Malakandra Tsumugi Shirogane Tsumugi Shirogane Pythag Pythag fontisian fontisian LogicoftheVI LogicoftheVI Jackrito Jackrito Sabrar Sabrar bessie bessie

Day 3 Lynch Deadline will be Friday, June 5th at 10:15 AM PST.

Tsumugi Shirogane

Ultimate Cosplayer
Premium
Look, I'm going to level with you. I find your posts actively distressing to read. Can you just not do this fetishy joke(?) thing?
QFT, +1, was just about to ask the same thing. Also please stop with the pictures, they add nothing and make it harder to read/quote your content.
I will stop with the fetish jokes to respect people, however, I have permission to use pictures along as its at most 1 or 2 pictures per post and not in every post. I also, need to keep them a smaller size which I've already started doing.

Posting pictures alone isn't against any site rules or mafia rules since I did make sure to read those.

Tsumugi Shirogane

Ultimate Cosplayer
Premium
I would like more of a read on my slot thank you very much. I find it very rude to pop in, get mad at my wordplay, then say nothing else.

Oh also welcome to the game Toko Fukawa, hope you enjoy your time here.
Thank you, you're so sweet.

What do you mean by this? Does this have anything related to actual game-mechanics or are you just roleplaying for your own fun?
If you don't like the roleplay, just don't read into it because trust me its NAI. If you actually try to read the roleplay, I'll bury you in the ground because thats **** play if your scum.

Why? What does scum having additional kill to do with someone redirecting it?
Its a counter to mafia having more kills, what is not to understand here? I know it means I am suspecting you, but that is the conclusion I came to. Why exactly did you shoot the kill driver anyways?

I agree, and firmly think it is Xivii and Logic. Besides the fact that Jack has a big ol green check on him.
Xivii was very adamantly against Logic being shot yesterday, and very for pushing a shot onto Jack.
Logic should be out lynch today.
I am more inclined to believe it's just logic, for now, its possible that Xivii has a town read on logic that he wholeheartedly believes despite others not seeing it that way.

Tsumugi Shirogane

Ultimate Cosplayer
Premium

Any particular reason why or do we need to cull some sheep?

This could be a thing, don't downplay it so easily. Lynch Logic first, then we can look into it later.

My biggest issue with you coming at me in the manner you did is it was clear you lacked context yet you chose to put such a strongly negative connotation on what I was doing which was actually a fallacy on your part.
Poor Poor LogicoftheVi

What exactly is your read on trisscar then?

Tsumugi Shirogane

Ultimate Cosplayer
Premium
Townie post.
Tsumugi Shirogane Tsumugi Shirogane you lose points for calling thwm obvious axum big imo.
Who did I call obvious scum?

The Neopolitan is never scum here unless mechanically, the host is playing games with us.
...I guess the Font can be town, for his role as well. Does Osieorb make a scum aligned neopolitan, probably not.
This is my read on Fonti, where did I ever call the slot obvious scum?

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Posting pictures alone isn't against any site rules or mafia rules since I did make sure to read those.
I know it's not against the rules, that's why I asked you and not instructed you to do that. Thank you for your consideration.

I should maybe read up on why my predecessor voted Spak.
I asked him this in #2861, I'm annoyed that I won't get an answer.

If you don't like the roleplay, just don't read into it because trust me its NAI. If you actually try to read the roleplay, I'll bury you in the ground because thats **** play if your scum.
Why are you so aggressive? I haven't read into it anything, I asked you to clarify what it means.

Its a counter to mafia having more kills, what is not to understand here?
Why does mafia have to have more kills for a counter to be in place?

Why exactly did you shoot the kill driver anyways?
I gave my reasoning when I claimed.

Tsumugi Shirogane

Ultimate Cosplayer
Premium
I gave my reasoning when I claimed.
I shot DB as his wagon died not because people found him townie, but because of BoomFrog's mechanical reasoning which I still think is incorrect to use in a general form.
Thanks for that post. I am ok with this reasoning, and it does align with the slot being town. I still want to be skeptical because of the role, but mechanics alone don't make someone scum.

I know it's not against the rules, that's why I asked you and not instructed you to do that. Thank you for your consideration.
Much welcome

Why are you so aggressive? I haven't read into it anything, I asked you to clarify what it means.
Sorry, I didn't mean to come off as aggressive I just think people that read into the roleplay to gather an alignment lean more towards being scum trying to push a scum read on another through some easy or controversial way.

Why does mafia have to have more kills for a counter to be in place?
It's just a mechanical thought is all, it's not enough for me to say your 100% scum but the idea will float around in my head.

I think one of us should declare tonight's target in advance so that we don't check/shoot the same person. What is your opinion?
Logic is correct in stating this post from you is good, however, it makes sense that one of you would post this as to not misuse role information.

Tsumugi Shirogane

Ultimate Cosplayer
Premium
don't hate logic's posting today

@Triss, do you have any reads that aren't purely mechanical on anyone in the game?

people can stop tinfoiling about fonti being a wolf neapolitan cop, it's genuinely unhelpful, find wolves instead

if there are, say, four wolves, i don't think it's impossible that one or two could be vanilla if both sides are not super powerful-- jack is probably a villager, but it's not a open and shut case

also, because someone mentioned the possibility, there are almost definitely not five wolves, that'd be massively broken

vote: Spak
Shrug, I don't know how to read this post. Their is not a single indication of why my previous slot voted Spak.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
I suspect it had to do with reads made by Wiisp and others the previous day phase. Or at least it seemed to continue that line of conversation to my mind.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I didn't answer this :
Initially spak was in my sights because of activity. Most of his post looked town enough, but I hadn't really gone and refined my view on him.
During my reread with anything I forgot happened, I was asking myself questions or commenting "yeah, but what about x."
and literally like the next spak post he'd be asking the exact question. That makes me view his reactions and response then as genuine.

As far as you and logic, I don't exactly have a reason why you would bus, aside from why would anyone bus. It was literally PoE/going off of xivii as well. If I don't have a strong town vibe from you, I also don't have a strong scum vibe from you.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
What exactly is your read on trisscar then?
I actually dont mind your role play as Toko is my favorite Danganronpa character.

Honestly I am bot sure.
Early I felt the vanilla claom was genuine and their play struck me as genuine new player.
As things have progressed I have found them harder and harder to sort as the evade behavioral analysis and answering questions that help flesh out their thoughts on players and process for evaluating players.
I hate the vote on my slot as I do not feel they have conveyed why they find me scummy.
With Jack i can understand, he knows my meta (it's slightly off but not my scum meta) but I do not understand where triss is coming from a d feels like they are getting a pass for what I consider to be poor play.
In all honestly i would hate for triss as either alignment to make it to mylo/lylo situation.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
"bottom 4" isn't really how I think about this kinda thing. And I'm inclined to keep certain reads to myself because of what the options are for what they could be doing.
Can someone explain to me the town mindset in this post?

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I actually dont mind your role play as Toko is my favorite Danganronpa character.

Honestly I am bot sure.
Early I felt the vanilla claom was genuine and their play struck me as genuine new player.
As things have progressed I have found them harder and harder to sort as the evade behavioral analysis and answering questions that help flesh out their thoughts on players and process for evaluating players.
I hate the vote on my slot as I do not feel they have conveyed why they find me scummy.
With Jack i can understand, he knows my meta (it's slightly off but not my scum meta) but I do not understand where triss is coming from a d feels like they are getting a pass for what I consider to be poor play.
In all honestly i would hate for triss as either alignment to make it to mylo/lylo situation.
Well they are getting a free pass for poor play because they are new so poor play is expected. I just don't feel a lynch on them, hits scum and by the sound of that last line neither do you. We have other ways to sort this slot then chancing a lynch on someone who could just be a really bad newbie town.

I have doubts on my town read on them as I said earlier today, but I don't feel strongly they are scum as much as I do in my other reads. I just wish Triss would drop the mech analysing because it is not helpful and is messing things up. Shes trying to over complicate things and come off as better at mafia then she is.

Jackrito

Smash Ace

Honestly I am bot sure.
Also explain to me your scum meta then, you said at start of game I knew it so one of us is wrong here. So please educate me.

Top Bottom