• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
There are tiers and I don't think Wiisp's game is nuanced enough, but I'll bite

Strong Good
Weak Good
Weak Bad
Strongbad

Xivii
Trisscar
LogicoftheVI
Deadbananas
Spak
malakandra
Cuthalion
Pythag
Fonti

Handorin
BoomFrog
Jackrito
Sabrar
Bessie

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
DB why were you worried about a vig claim specifically rather than any other PR? Cop etc.?
I think we are not understanding each other well. Can you link me to the stuff you are talking about? I've been assuming you were asking me about my statement that I was worried about a claim vig. hmm this could be what we are stumbling on. Im talking about scum role, that can kill town if they send a claim guess to the host, and if that claim guess is right about a power role they can kill the person. Is that what you though I was talking about?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
If he flipped scum I would clear Sabrar and look at Triss or Ran next most likely. At the time I made the decision I wasn't thinking about what info I would get if he flipped town since I wasn't expecting to be targeted unless he flipped town. But I gain more trust in Triss from that, but I've yet to look back over all his posts to get more info.
Forgive me if you went over this already (I'm trying to talk and catch up at the same time, so feel free to say "you'll get to it"), but why does the 3DS flip give you more trust in Triss as well as make you more suspicious of Triss?

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Forgive me if you went over this already (I'm trying to talk and catch up at the same time, so feel free to say "you'll get to it"), but why does the 3DS flip give you more trust in Triss as well as make you more suspicious of Triss?
3DS was heavy defending Triss, without giving reasoning why till much later. If he flipped scum, I see that as indicative of Triss being a scum mate. Since he flipped town that doesn't make as much sense, and the reasons he gave later for trusting Triss I can accept as genuine and thus put more stock in.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
(And tbh, a vig claim would make me feel better about DB.)

Also, I didn't mentally link Fonti and Z; move that slot up to a stronger town lean.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I'm not asking questions to sort him.
Why are you wasting your posts asking him questions at all? What do you get out of his answer to 1556? Is his opinion on whether it's town or scum indicative really going to change yours? You're asking him stuff that would be better posited toward people that aren't cleared.
I think we are not understanding each other well. Can you link me to the stuff you are talking about? I've been assuming you were asking me about my statement that I was worried about a claim vig. hmm this could be what we are stumbling on. Im talking about scum role, that can kill town if they send a claim guess to the host, and if that claim guess is right about a power role they can kill the person. Is that what you though I was talking about?
Ok interesting. That's not what a vig is. A vig is a town role that can kill a player. I've never heard of the role you're referencing. Sounds like Kira.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Insomniac since way back, see, this what I been like
Bacon, eggs, and pancakes, eatin’ it at midnight
Gettin’ up and goin’ hard, I don’t need no Enzyte
Come across as very calm, mental state is Zen-like

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Ok interesting. That's not what a vig is. A vig is a town role that can kill a player. I've never heard of the role you're referencing. Sounds like Kira.
Oh, thats what I've seen it called it games. My last two games had one, and they were also closed setups, and everyone called it a claim vig. But I guess its a different culture here, sorry for the confusion.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Why are you wasting your posts asking him questions at all? What do you get out of his answer to 1556? Is his opinion on whether it's town or scum indicative really going to change yours? You're asking him stuff that would be better posited toward people that aren't cleared.
Because I respect his view and he is better then me at Mafia so I will ask him what I want especially when it is in regards to the thing he is doing. What point is me asking that question to someone else.

Not directed at me but what he is referring to is real and it is a type of vig normally given to scum teams.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
3DS was heavy defending Triss, without giving reasoning why till much later. If he flipped scum, I see that as indicative of Triss being a scum mate. Since he flipped town that doesn't make as much sense, and the reasons he gave later for trusting Triss I can accept as genuine and thus put more stock in.
As well as Laser's opinion of Triss? Seems like they already wanted to put the alignmnet people who thought Triss was town on display.

But yeah, I was misreading that post's contents; I thought you were saying a town!3DS flip would make you more suspicious of Triss. My b on that point lol.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Secondary Vote: Pythag
Just checking, cause I figured I should go through the first part of the game, this is not a case of you having more votes, and is instead just a statement of having another vote target to fall back on, yes?

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
As well as Laser's opinion of Triss? Seems like they already wanted to put the alignmnet people who thought Triss was town on display.
I mean, mafia killed one person who thought Triss was town sure. Unless you think that mafia was able to kill two people and it was not a vig? And even if they did somehow get that I wasn't a super fan of Triss before so I'd stil have to disagree that opinions of Triss was a main factor.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I mean, mafia killed one person who thought Triss was town sure. Unless you think that mafia was able to kill two people and it was not a vig? And even if they did somehow get that I wasn't a super fan of Triss before so I'd stil have to disagree that opinions of Triss was a main factor.
Or you're a mafia with some form of killing power. Pretty much anything's possible with this big a setup, and it's not unreasonable to think that the mod needed a stronger mafia member while rebalancing for a smaller setup (due to town/mafia imbalance).

Also, I feel like a Triss or DB VC check would be more useful for determining alignment/connections than a Handorin check at this point; Handorin's basically just trollin' around at the speed of sound, and hasn't really contributed much to the game at all.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
EDIT: Wait, it's a VC check, not necessarily alignment. Never mind, I'm dumb lol

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Because I respect his view and he is better then me at Mafia so I will ask him what I want especially when it is in regards to the thing he is doing. What point is me asking that question to someone else.
So do you think people not answering comes more from town or scum. And if Wisp agreed or disagreed with you how much would that affect your read. Also it's not even just this question. You've done it a couple of times:
I'm interested in which of my reads you think this about.
I want to know your view on Boom voting me, I feel like it is a bit forced. I can understand being paranoid of me last game, but on the flip it creates such a easy way to push me as scum using last game as a way to make people distrust me and make me a target. It feels more the latter then actually believing I'm being scummy this game.
How does the first one help you at all?

Just checking, cause I figured I should go through the first part of the game, this is not a case of you having more votes, and is instead just a statement of having another vote target to fall back on, yes?
Correct. I was joking that I would like to have my vote on both of them but could only have it on one.

Im going to need you to quote a post where it looks like im sorting wisp? Until then
vote: Xivii
Hello everyone
I should be able to be more active D2.
I have some note I took overnight that I will be posting.
@Wisp welcome to the thread kind of surprised that you had little if anything to say about me day 1?
I am going to beed your shadow to elaborate on what felt forced about this.
@Wisp the below post please?
Anything other than tone?
Is it general tone or more of a meta thing?
How about their push on 3DS D1?
What did you make of that?
How does the first question help you at all??? For the others, I can understand that argument that you are asking in order to enhance your reads, but the way you two are asking him reads like you're asking an unsorted player.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
So do you think people not answering comes more from town or scum. And if Wisp agreed or disagreed with you how much would that affect your read. Also it's not even just this question. You've done it a couple of times:

Correct. I was joking that I would like to have my vote on both of them but could only have it on one.

How does the first question help you at all??? For the others, I can understand that argument that you are asking in order to enhance your reads, but the way you two are asking him reads like you're asking an unsorted player.
Wisp and I have a long history.
I'm very comfortable talking with him especially in this role where he is essentially town treestump.
As jack said his opinion is respected and to answer the question you asked jack, yes and no, something he sees that I don't could certainly change the way i view something or someone in the game. Other times I'll have to argue with him like earlier about the "slip".
The second and third is exactly what you said trying to further my own reads through discussion.
It boils down to my comfortablitly and hopefully it will give me a foothold to come out of my shell a little more around here.
And the fact I dont have to worry about his alignment is another reason I can approach him so openly.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Xivii Xivii
I got you as a town read solely because your emotions felt real
I would like for more
You're gonna have to wait man. I can't just pull reads out of my ass. Actually I can. Here:

Xivii - town
Trisscar - scum
Deadbananas - scum
Spak - scum

malakandra - scum
Cuthalion - scum
Pythag - scum
Fonti - scum
Handorin - scum

BoomFrog - town
Jackrito - scum
Sabrar - scum
Bessie - town

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
You're gonna have to wait man. I can't just pull reads out of my ass. Actually I can. Here:

Xivii - town
Trisscar - scum
Deadbananas - scum
Spak - scum

malakandra - scum
Cuthalion - scum
Pythag - scum
Fonti - scum
Handorin - scum

BoomFrog - town
Jackrito - scum
Sabrar - scum
Bessie - town
3 too many town imo

Wiisp

Smash Lord
ok so Xivii
has the most garbo list of everyone

I want to vote that so bad

Jackrito

Smash Ace

Xivii - town
Trisscar - scum
Deadbananas - scum
Spak - scum

malakandra - scum
Cuthalion - scum
Pythag - scum
Fonti - scum
Handorin - scum

BoomFrog - town
Jackrito - scum
Sabrar - scum
Bessie - town
You only have two town reads what the hell.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Wisp and I have a long history.
I'm very comfortable talking with him especially in this role where he is essentially town treestump.
As jack said his opinion is respected and to answer the question you asked jack, yes and no, something he sees that I don't could certainly change the way i view something or someone in the game. Other times I'll have to argue with him like earlier about the "slip".
The second and third is exactly what you said trying to further my own reads through discussion.
It boils down to my comfortablitly and hopefully it will give me a foothold to come out of my shell a little more around here.
And the fact I dont have to worry about his alignment is another reason I can approach him so openly.
What were you hoping to get out of the first question in the spoiler?

Jackrito

Smash Ace

The first one is more out of my self interest since I don't feel any different this game, so wanted to know how he felt I was pushing something. This is semi for my own growth and also since he knows me best here his view on me should matter a fair bit if I'm scum or not.

I don't understand the issue with me wanting to discuss things with someone who is confirmed town and someone I get along with and views on mafia I respect the most. I'm on a bad mafia run lately so getting any help I can with my thoughts.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
You're gonna have to wait man. I can't just pull reads out of my ass.
I know you want to make your chart pretty, but you're going to have to wait. I'll give it to you with enough time before end of day, but I have responses I'm waiting on.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
ok Logic is town
Fight me
I tend to agree even if wrong I'm not lynching him today. I already tunneled on him wrongly recently don't feel like going through that again we had enough of that day one with Ran and Xivii well if both of them are town.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
NO IM NOT WAITING
that isnt the point of the game, you've had all the time in the world to do get reads
give me a list sooner than later
its not hard

Top Bottom