• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Summer of Smash Week 3: 2GGC: Nairo Saga and Saints Gaming Live

NNID
User7a1
So while ZeRo vs Scatt happens off stream (sadly),
Mistake :4zss::4bayonetta: 3-0 ven :4zelda:
No Zelda in top 48.

NNID
User7a1
Well that's good to know.
Mekos :4lucas:3-2 Captain L :4pikachu:
That's the last Loser's match in pools.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Top 48:

Winners:
Locus :4ryu: vs ZeRo :4diddy:
KEN :4sonic: vs Komorikiri :4cloud2:
Nairo :4zss: vs Samsora :4peach: :rosalina:
Elegant :4luigi: vs Raito :4duckhunt:
JK :4bayonetta2: vs Ally :4mario:
Regi :4gaw: vs Abadango :4mewtwo:
MKLeo :4cloud2: :4marth: vs Falln :rosalina:
Mr. R :4sheik: :4cloud2: vs VoiD :4sheik:

Losers:
Zinoto :4diddy: vs Zenyou :4mario:
AC :4falco: :4metaknight: vs Ranai :4villager: :4lucina:
Kameme :4megaman: vs Mekos :4lucas:
Remzi :4zss: vs Mr. E :4marth:
Myran :4olimar: vs NickRiddle :4zss:
Aperture :4sonic: vs ANTi :4mario: :4cloud2:
Marss :4zss: vs Larry Lurr :4fox:
FOW :4ness: vs Mr. Con Con :4luigi:
Captain Zack :4bayonetta2: vs Twi :4peach:
Salem :4bayonetta2: vs Quik :4zss:
Tweek :4cloud2: vs Lima :4bayonetta2:
Pink Fresh :4bayonetta2: vs 6WX :4sonic:
Ned :4cloud2: vs Mistake :4bayonetta2: :4zss:
Javi :4cloud2: vs Charliedaking :4fox:
Luhtie :4zss: vs DSS :4metaknight:
ImHip :4olimar: vs ScAtt :4megaman:

:4cloud2: :4cloud2: :4cloud2: :4cloud2: :4cloud2: :4cloud2: :4cloud2:
:4bayonetta2: :4bayonetta2: :4bayonetta2: :4bayonetta2: :4bayonetta2: :4bayonetta2:
:4zss: :4zss: :4zss: :4zss: :4zss: :4zss:
:4sonic: :4sonic: :4sonic:
:4mario: :4mario: :4mario:
:4diddy: :4diddy:
:4peach: :4peach:
:rosalina: :rosalina:
:4luigi: :4luigi:
:4marth: :4marth:
:4sheik: :4sheik:
:4metaknight: :4metaknight:
:4olimar: :4olimar:
:4fox: :4fox:
:4megaman: :4megaman:
:4ryu:
:4gaw:
:4mewtwo:
:4falco:
:4lucina:
:4lucas:
:4ness:
:4duckhunt:
Total: 23

Top 48 starts tomorrow at 10AM PST.

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Tmw Marss or Larry will get 33rd.Also MKLeo will face Falln and Tweek faces Lima.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Top 48:

Winners:
Locus :4ryu: vs ZeRo :4diddy:
KEN :4sonic: vs Komorikiri :4cloud2:
Nairo :4zss: vs Samsora :4peach: :rosalina:
Elegant :4luigi: vs Raito :4duckhunt:
JK :4bayonetta2: vs Ally :4mario:
Regi :4gaw: vs Abadango :4mewtwo:
MKLeo :4cloud2: :4marth: vs
Mr. R :4sheik: :4cloud2: vs VoiD :4sheik:

Losers:
Zinoto :4diddy: vs Zenyou :4mario:
AC :4falco: :4metaknight: vs Ranai :4villager: :4lucina:
Kameme :4megaman: vs Mekos :4lucas:
Remzi :4zss: vs Mr. E :4marth:
Myran :4olimar: vs NickRiddle :4zss:
Aperture :4sonic: vs ANTi :4mario: :4cloud2:
Marss :4zss: vs Larry Lurr :4fox:
FOW :4ness: vs Mr. Con Con :4luigi:
Captain Zack :4bayonetta2: vs Twi :4peach:
Salem :4bayonetta2: vs Quik :4zss:
Tweek :4cloud2: :4dk: vs
Pink Fresh :4bayonetta2: vs 6WX :4sonic:
Ned :4cloud2: vs Mistake :4bayonetta2: :4zss:
Javi :4cloud2: vs Charliedaking :4fox:
Luhtie :4zss: vs DSS :4metaknight:
ImHip :4olimar: vs ScAtt :4megaman:

Top 48 starts tomorrow at 10AM PST.
Elegant vs Raito.

You are a crue, cruel bracket. Couldn't Elegant have versed anyone else (Ok not Aba or Regi, those are my other favs)

And then it's Regi vs Aba.

:/

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Elegant vs Raito.

You are a crue, cruel bracket. Couldn't Elegant have versed anyone else (Ok not Aba or Regi, those are my other favs)

And then it's Regi vs Aba.

:/
Why was :4corrinf: hyped up again? Neither Cosmos or Yura made it out of pools....

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I mean, most people are looking for her summer performance as a whole and not one tournament.
But a decent amount of people were looking forward to seeing Cosmos's performance and yet he drowned in pools, which is something you'd not expect from somebody like him.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
But a decent amount of people were looking forward to seeing Cosmos's performance and yet he drowned in pools, which is something you'd not expect from somebody like him.
Not trying to John for him as I don't know what happened during his losers match, but I wouldn't be surprised if the pressure of the environment got to him like it does with other younger smashers.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Cosmos has already had a major performance where he got a relatively impressive 17th at The Big House 6 and he lost to high calibur players to get his 65th here (PiXL, the Ryu from Utah he lost to in losers for instance, has beaten Ned, Icymist, SS and Mistake, all players presumably around or above Cosmos' skill level. It's disappointing for both him and Corrin's meta that he couldn't get farther, but these things happen. Brackets are like coin tosses in so many cases.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Let's see if I get this right without a pen and paper.
With the prediction of him not getting sent to losers, there are 4 people in Winners right now that Nairo has to get through in order to Get to Grand Finals, and then one person who eventually gets sent to losers who makes it to GFs.
So assuming he does not get sent to losers, there are 5 people who stand between Nairo and victory over the curse.
Let's go Nairo!

I find it incredibly funny how over half the Clouds still in this, as well as all but one of the bayos, are in Losers, yet there's still a ton of them. Same goes for ZSS, Nairo's the only one in Winners. Yeah, it's likely Cloud and Bayo won't have top 8 rep, considering most of them will be fighting each other in Loser's.....

Quick question: Did Komo face Mekos in pools?

NNID
User7a1
Let's see if I get this right without a pen and paper.
With the prediction of him not getting sent to losers, there are 4 people in Winners right now that Nairo has to get through in order to Get to Grand Finals, and then one person who eventually gets sent to losers who makes it to GFs.
So assuming he does not get sent to losers, there are 5 people who stand between Nairo and victory over the curse.
Let's go Nairo!

I find it incredibly funny how over half the Clouds still in this, as well as all but one of the bayos, are in Losers, yet there's still a ton of them. Same goes for ZSS, Nairo's the only one in Winners. Yeah, it's likely Cloud and Bayo won't have top 8 rep, considering most of them will be fighting each other in Loser's.....

Quick question: Did Komo face Mekos in pools?
Mekos played against Javi, not Komo.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Cosmos has already had a major performance where he got a relatively impressive 17th at The Big House 6 and he lost to high calibur players to get his 65th here (PiXL, the Ryu from Utah he lost to in losers for instance, has beaten Ned, Icymist, SS and Mistake, all players presumably around or above Cosmos' skill level. It's disappointing for both him and Corrin's meta that he couldn't get farther, but these things happen. Brackets are like coin tosses in so many cases.
Well, a lot of people thought that :4corrin:'s meta would see a rise with MkLeo picking him up and yet so far outside of The Arena 2017, he only brings him out when he sandbags.

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Well, a lot of people thought that :4corrin:'s meta would see a rise with MkLeo picking him up and yet so far outside of The Arena 2017, he only brings him out when he sandbags.
That's just completely wrong. If your talking about locals, that's not sandbagging when half the top players such as VoiD and Larry use secondaries/other chars all the time. You are basing the characters overall ability after one tournament where the main Corrin attended. With Cosmos move to Ohio (and attending MWM9 Old vs New) plus his ability to travel more, we need to give them the sunmer (Cosmos and Ryuga are traveling more) to state whether or not they were hyped up or not.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
That's just completely wrong. If your talking about locals, that's not sandbagging when half the top players such as VoiD and Larry use secondaries/other chars all the time. You are basing the characters overall ability after one tournament where the main Corrin attended. With Cosmos move to Ohio (and attending MWM9 Old vs New) plus his ability to travel more, we need to give them the summer (Cosmos and Ryuga are traveling more) to state whether or not they were hyped up or not.
So far :4corrin:'s best placements range from 25th to 9th, with his all time highest at a national being 4th, since like you said, Cosmos will now be able to travel more as well as Ryuga, let's see how he will fare in the long run.

Last edited:

freeziebeatz

Smash Apprentice
Who"s Heavy? He placed 49th, lost to ScAtt and Zenyou. He qualifies for OrionRank but I know nothing about him.

NNID
User7a1
Over at Saints Gaming Live,
saj :4bayonetta2: 3-0 M2K :4cloud2:
Blacktwins :4cloud: 3-2 MVD :4diddy:
Vinnie :4sheik: 3-1 Dath :4robinf:

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
The secondary stream for Nairo Saga has started wtih the biggest losers' match so far: Marss vs Larry.

EDIT: Marss :4zss: 3-0 Larry Lurr :4fox: :4metaknight:

Last edited:
NNID
User7a1
Remzi :4zss: 3-0 Mr. E :4marth:
And now ANTi is going ZSS against Aperture. I think this is the most I've seen ZSS in bracket.

Last edited:

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Heh and people still say ZSS is still overated or not top tier. She may be on the lower area of the top 10 . But she is still top 10 no doubt

On a tangent. Man I hope Nintendo announces a new Metriod Prime game for E3. Its about time the bounty hunter gets her due outside of Smash

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Mr.E has veen struggling to even reach Top 32 at most events recently. Yes, at SAS 3 he made top 8, but his only real "top player" that he beat was Dakshad and that was quite close.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
*sees numerous wins by ZSS players*
Gonna go out on a limb and say that this is what was wanted at Greninja Saga.
Funny thing is it's eventually gonna be Greninja Saga for all those Clouds, bayos, and ZSS's.

NNID
User7a1
Aperture :4sonic: 3-2 ANTi :4zss::4cloud2:
Twi :4peach: 3-0 Captain Zack :4bayonetta:

Last edited:
Top Bottom