• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Summer of Smash Week 13: Shine

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
new england is not a region known for being good having many sheiks

Last edited:
NNID
User7a1
Waldo :4myfriends: v :substitute: Turok
Turok plays Dedede and Kirby.
And yeah, the character diversity in New England is weird. A ton of Sonics, Clouds, Foxes, and Diddys, but not a lot of Sheiks. I also saw more Jigglypuffs (outside of LeeT and myself) and Dr. Marios at Shine than I would have imagined.

Last edited:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Looking at the bracket atm:

Marrs, JJ, Oatmeal, Xorn, Waldo, LingLing, Crafix, Dyr have all advanced in losers so far

EDIT: And of course, the bottom bit of losers brackets for round 2 is messed up for me like it always is, so I can't see any updates on half of round 2 losers once they start happening

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
SGK is falling apart, she clearly had no idea how to approach Robin.
Kirby isn't working so far either.
That was a sad 3-0, I'm happy to see Robin succeeding, but Kels clearly was not ready for that.
:196:

Last edited:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Yaaaa Dath is ripping her apart. Supposedly Dath plays against Manny a lot which might explain it? Because right now Robin looks like he has no problem against Sonic, but I don't know if that's actually a thing or lack of MU knowledge

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Yaaaa Dath is ripping her apart. Supposedly Dath plays against Manny a lot which might explain it? Because right now Robin looks like he has no problem against Sonic, but I don't know if that's actually a thing or lack of MU knowledge
IMO, it's a slight advantage for Sonic, he has a million ways to approach and abuse her disadvantage state.
But Dath is smart with his projectiles and Kels clearly lacked any experience.

EDIT: If everything goes well, Dath should be facing 6WX next, we may be able to watch a different way to play the matchup.
:196:

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Sonic's meant to be able to punish things out of shield and out of endlag, but when Robin centers his gameplan around long range Elthunders, Arcthunder, and AC Fairs, it can make the job hard.

That and Sonic runs into the same issue that the likes of Sheik and others do where they have to get that stock gone immediately, or it's all going to come back to bite them if you let Robin Arcthunder up close.

It's similar to the Ike matchup. Just with projectiles that can't be beaten by powershielding in place of a larger sword.

EDIT: But we'll see later tonight now. Maybe 6WX knows what to do against the zoning.

Last edited:

juddy96

Smash Lord
Today's biggest tournaments

Shine 2016 - Boston, MA - 483
2GG: Breakthrough (Arcadian) - Santa Ana, CA - 432
Sumabato 12 - Osaka, Japan - 184
OzHadou Nationals 14 - Sydney, Australia - 140
Astra 2016 - Barranquilla, Colombia - 118
Capital City Smash 4 - Ottawa, ON - 107
Battalion - Berlin, Germany - 99
Super SmashNest v10 - Portland, OR - 99
3S!!! Salty Runback - Monterrey, Mexico - 93
DAT BlastZone 14 - London, United Kingdom - 87
Battery Basement 6 - Fort Collins, CO - 86
Everybody Hates Jigglypuff! - Indianapolis, IN - 79
CouchWarriors August Monthly - Melbourne, Australia - 75

Alberta Beat Down 2016 - Edmonton, AB - 146? pools havent updated

D

Deleted member

Static Manny/Heero/Spark/Whateverhecallshimselfnow :4sonic: :4feroy: 3-2 ANTi :4cloud2: :4zss:
He goes by the name "Static" now.

His Roy is amazing. Good to see the character getting more exposure as of late thanks to Ryo at SSC and now this. Whether this signals Roy possibly coming out more in the future I dunno,

Shady Shaymin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-3217-2048
Wow, Cloud really steamrolls Pikachu right guys?

Jokes aside ESAM is looking like his old self again, really happy about that.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
LingLing 2-1 ANTi

ANTi either got super lucky at CEO or is super washed up

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
ZeRo has some big mental block problems

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
ZeRo would probably be better counterpicking a non-cloud, non-sheik character when he goes down 2 games. Something like Falcon or Shulk, who I doubt people know as much about. Especially Shulk.

EDIT: ZeRo makes me eat my words. ZeRo :4diddy: 3-2 Mr. E :4marth:

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
6WX played that much better, especially with SH Uair approaches, but this was a good example of what I meant about long range Elthunders. At the right spot, Robin's free to Jab or mix it up with Fair, and Sonic has to respect both options.

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
The fact that Fox isn't really an "offstage" character seems to REALLY hurt him in the Cloud matchup.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Mew2King :4cloud2: 3-0 Larry :4fox:

Also, "The Artist Formerly Known As Static Manny"

Last edited:

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Oh dear. Is this the end of his career?
Give it a few days or even a week. ANTi is pretty known on Twitter for being a bit of a troll and baiting people. ANTi also seems like the type of a guy to say things in the moment. If he thinks this out and still doesn't want to play anymore, then I'd be concerned.

my_T

Smash Journeyman
Who did ANTi use against LingLing?

I wouldn't be surprised at him losing with mario. Peach players have a pretty good record against the top mario players.

If he used his secondaries then it could be that his secondaries aren't polished enough to take down a player of LingLing's caliber

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Heellllppppp meeeeeee. ;_;
Congrats on beating Ghost dude! Didn't get to watch the set, but that must have been intense.

4 Sonics in top 16 at Shine, wow. One in top 8 so far with Craftis, potentially 2 more to come. Has KEN's win at Umebura SAT inspired them to step up?

EDIT: Dyr up 2-0 on Larry hello???

Last edited:

Scrubtorights

Smash Cadet
All I can say with what I have saw from Mr E vs Crafts is the lack of ftilt from Mr E. Of course I understand the spin dash cancel makes this much harder to do but maybe if you replaced the fsmashs near the ledge with ftilts it might have made a small difference.

Top Bottom