• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

suggestions to gamestop champions

Eggz

Smash Hero
if you get a 1 minute time limit thing at the next round...

play fox, laser them, then full jump out and shine
shine
shine
LOL just shine stall out there.dont double jump shine stall, you might get fluke gimped or something
etc.

It will make you appear to be a huge douche, piss off hella noobs, and be generally hilarious.

Also they will usually try to jump out and get you, and as a result, probably be shine spiked lol

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
At my Gamestop tourney I wasn't allowed to pick my character.

I got Olimar.

cheifrocka

Smash Apprentice
my biggest issue with the gs tournaments .. was the inconsistency. there were literally different rules at EVERY ONE.

i wont john about never having used a wii controller before. period.

VenusGospel

Smash Apprentice
How did you know what I did at Round 1 Eggz? Wiimotes? I suggest calling your GS early this week to see if they can prepare it so that you can use the GC controller if you really wanted, I know I am.

festizzio

Smash Champion
You had to be 18 or older to enter unless you had a parent sign for you.

I lost my tournament for several reasons (although I did get to the finals and would have won anyways if not for a 0% SD on my last stock):

1. It was a Melee tournament on extremely laggy Gamestop-quality LCD TVs.
2. It was four player FFA for the entire tournament until the finals, which was 1v1.
3. Starting characters only.
4. Hyrule Temple only.
5. Items off (thank god for this one)
6. 3 stock, no time limit(big WTF on this one, major campfest)

Ok so in the final round I'm playing a Sheik player who clearly has no idea what he's doing, I predict his roll, and thus react yet slide right past him with the grab due to Fox's slipperiness and lag. >_> So last stock right, he's camping full hopped nairs on the lowest platform with around 80%, and I'm on a new life. I run down there to try and shine him, and instead side b into the side of the stage and die. I'm not sure exactly what made me do it, but I'm pretty sure I did a down B, then moved the joystick to the left thus causing the laggy TV to read my second input instead of the first. Meh, this is why Gamestop shouldn't hold tourneys.

So yeah, no johns, get *****, etc.

Top Bottom