• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Suggestion To the SBR: A Teams Construction Guide

highfive

Smash Lord
@FaWa:
Considering how many self-proclaimed experts there are running around this forums, yes.

Furthermore, the pressure of not making any mistakes (which is there because each and every mistake WILL be called out in public, instead of getting corrected by someone else in the BBR) will result in nobody wanting to post any of their experiences or opinions, which will cause the BBR to stale, which will end up in the BBR getting disbanded.

Just what I would predict here.
Interesting theory.

Isn't it also possible to elect the SBR for their position within it? A bit like a senate? I barely know any of them and I lurk the boards frequently.

FaWa

Smash Apprentice
Interesting theory.

Isn't it also possible to elect the SBR for their position within it? A bit like a senate? I barely know any of them and I lurk the boards frequently.
^This would also be a fantastic idea.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I can understand a bunch of rowdy users being ******* like that, but does that really make it so reasonable to cut off the communities understanding of the SBR's decisions?
Yes, it does.

Besides this, the only thing that is of interest of the community is, in all likelihood, only things relating characters.
However, the majority of the BBR's content is not related to characters, quite the contrary.

Interesting theory.

No.
You have to consider that the BBR and how it is run is decided by MLG, who own SWF, and have the main say in what the BBR is for.
That's one of the reasons why there are, for instance, people of other regions but North America in the BBR - MLG, respectively JV, MLG's spokesperson on SWF, has decided that the BBR is supposed to be international, not only American.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Would it be safe to have it open for members that have you know, more than a certain amount of time on smashboards along with a reasonable amount of posts supporting their knowledge for the meta game? The posts would prevent trolls leaving their account for a year then coming back simply to troll the rest of smashboards.
Aka, the backroom, the process is pretty much the BBR selection process. IF we wanted to pick out every knowledge user it would take years.

:confused:

Vague post was vague.

...But I bet you meant it to be, didn't you?
Means there's measures that might occur soon to deal with the issues you've named.

Since purges happen occasionally, there's a good possibility that it's at least one of the measures.

That said I have long supported a private BBR, yes it causes backlash for reasons unrelated to quality of posts. It also makes it easier to pressure people to support specific outcomes.

The US Supreme Court model is good for the backroom, though I would support occasional public debates and I think official decisions (aka, a large post explaining why X was decided that the majority of the back room agreed on) would be good. Concuring and dissenting opinions would be cool, but let's not go overboard.

highfive

Smash Lord
No.
You have to consider that the BBR and how it is run is decided by MLG, who own SWF, and have the main say in what the BBR is for.
That's one of the reasons why there are, for instance, people of other regions but North America in the BBR - MLG, respectively JV, MLG's spokesperson on SWF, has decided that the BBR is supposed to be international, not only American.
I see. If I had known it was about a corporation such as MLG then it's pointless to fight it. I didn't know that tidbit.

That said I have long supported a private BBR, yes it causes backlash for reasons unrelated to quality of posts. It also makes it easier to pressure people to support specific outcomes.

The US Supreme Court model is good for the backroom, though I would support occasional public debates and I think official decisions (aka, a large post explaining why X was decided that the majority of the back room agreed on) would be good. Concuring and dissenting opinions would be cool, but let's not go overboard.
I see why you would support a private closed backroom but glimpse would be fine if it was approved by all the SBR and had no further discussion to be added. just a thought.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yes. Ultimately, it is up to MLG to decide about the BBR. We are given certain freedom, but we have to oblige to what JV tells us, basically.

The problems about the relation of the BBR and the public, though, will be dealt with. We are aware of these problems and we are working on solving them.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I can understand a bunch of rowdy users being ******* like that, but does that really make it so reasonable to cut off the communities understanding of the SBR's decisions?
Think of it this way:

I'm Leonardo ****ing DaVinci. You can't possibly hope to paint, draw, or **** well create what I can after 2 days of no sleep.

In my room with me are the other ninja turtled Renaissance painters.

If I'm painting a picture and want someone's help, who will I want to help me? The other painters, or the leagues of people outside looking for something to do who happen to paint as a hobby?

More importantly, will my painting be changed if WHILE I'm painting it people get to see it and comment on it?

I'd pick up the newspaper and it'd read "LEONARDO DAVINCI: Does he suck?" as the headline and the opening sentence would blast my use of perspective and tell me I was spamming it too much. I might change my mind due to public perception at this point, and my masterpiece would be forever altered by a negative influence.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I enjoyed your post.

To take away your "pranked" status, go to your user CP and change your group membership to standard member.

WIN

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I kinda lost interest in the SBR discussion.

I think a guide would be too "firm" for a topic like this. Discussion topic would be better. Because certain strengths of characters could be observed.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
People are whiny? What if I were to say people like you are biased?
He'd say that he cannot possibly be biased because he's not promoting a change that hasn't warranted it except in the most specific of circumstances.

Or something to that effect.
I find he's being hypocritical.
You might want to back up your statements with... eh how do you call it again...I tend to forget.

Oh yeah, logic.

lol Ray Kalm, so naive :( ...but so many <3's for you guys, OS and Swordgard :)

Anyway, I think that Dekar started something pretty good in the other thread. While all of his information isn't completely accurate, a lot of it is very good and it looks like a fantastic building block. I think if we build on that, it could mostly achieve exactly what Adumbrodeus is talking about here. Given that, what else do we have to suggest in here that wouldn't be better suited in the other thread?

Top Bottom