• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Suggested Banned Character List.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yWizePapaSmurfy

Smash Rookie
New here, so don't take my points as valid ones if you're one of those folks

[*] Diddy Kong : Unlike Peach's turnips, bananas have a natural advantage on balanced levels, such as Final Destination and Battlefield, giving him an edge in tournament play.
Mhm, what about the Frankenturnip? And what special move that is a projectile is not a natural advantage?

[*] Snake : Has the ability to replicate most of the destructive banned items.
It's his STYLE, are you saying Nintendo didn't factor in his balance? Look at the "glitch" with his recovery, notice how all his smashes require more time than usual, notice how he is arguably sub-par in every other aspect.

[*] Lucario : Aura is just too powerful.
Again, style - Even a good Lucario player fears death.

[*] Mario : Fludd provides too good of an Edge Guard.
Try going OVER him, is that so hard?

[*] Pit : His Up + B is far superior to all of the other recovery moves.
Whiny whiny whiny. QQ more & Man up. Faced Pit plenty of times and hes nothing new, the more he comes back, the more he gets beaten. It's still quite easy to defend the stage (If not ledgehog and shiz)

[*] Samus & Zero Suit Samus : With a simple press of the Shield button at the beginning of the game, Samus becomes ZSS, providing many items, giving that player an unfair advantage at the beginning of the match.
ZSS is one of the LIGHTEST characters in the game, Samus is a HEAVY I believe, just a small difference. [sarcasm]I so agree[/sarcasm]

[*] Wario : His motorbike gives him an unnecessary speed boost for a heavy character, and destroying it allows him to use the parts as thrown items, creating an imbalance.
Ever think you can hit him off it? And you can throw the parts too? And oh! He can't attack from it other than ram you, woop-de-effin-doo.

[*] Sonic : Banned in team matches, due to possible abuse of his spring recovery.
Abuse being his teammate can use it? Only if he used it on the ground, and when is he using his recovery? Usually in the air.

[*] King Dedede : Imbalanced chain grabs.
Against 4 characters. You're one of those 4 and your opponent counterpicks? I grant you permission to call him or her a obscene name. Against others? Live with it.

[*] R.O.B. : Banned in teams, his gyros can provide a possible Edge Guard.
[/LIST]
But why only in teams if it works as Edge Guard? Should always apply shouldn't it? Oh, and should Edge Guarding be banned while we're at it, or is that the point of the game, as so many others have mentioned?

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
This is ****ing stupid, you can't ban characters, why doesn't your opponent just go as the same character as you then?

otter

Smash Ace
We should also ban most of the controllers, items, and stages. Oh wait.....

do you guys get it now?

Ultimatum479

Smash Apprentice
The only thing I can see in that opening post that's even remotely logical is Lucario.

FLUDD, overpowered?!

This is yet another example that relative eloquence doesn't always equate to intelligence on the Internet (especially since _relative_ fluency in the English language isn't difficult online).

Hey_its_YO

Smash Lord
MRK head quarters my house SilverSpring MD
I was pretty excited to get Brawl, but I was seriously disappointed in how horrendously overpowered some of the characters are.

I've comprised a list of characters that should be banned from tournament play, due to severe imbalances in design.
  • Diddy Kong : Unlike Peach's turnips, bananas have a natural advantage on balanced levels, such as Final Destination and Battlefield, giving him an edge in tournament play.
  • Snake : Has the ability to replicate most of the destructive banned items.
  • Lucario : Aura is just too powerful.
  • Mario : Fludd provides too good of an Edge Guard.
  • Pit : His Up + B is far superior to all of the other recovery moves.
  • Samus & Zero Suit Samus : With a simple press of the Shield button at the beginning of the game, Samus becomes ZSS, providing many items, giving that player an unfair advantage at the beginning of the match.
  • Wario : His motorbike gives him an unnecessary speed boost for a heavy character, and destroying it allows him to use the parts as thrown items, creating an imbalance.
  • Sonic : Banned in team matches, due to possible abuse of his spring recovery.
  • King Dedede : Imbalanced chain grabs.
  • R.O.B. : Banned in teams, his gyros can provide a possible Edge Guard.
****ing Johns

Giga Hand

Smash Journeyman
When I saw the thread title, I thought to myself: "This'll be good for some lulz."

When I saw the list and the reasons, I see I was right.

The reasons you listed are why STAGES are banned, because said moves are broken on said stages.

Also, the reason you SHOULD'VE banned Dedede... Well, just look at my sig.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
You missed some, let me help you:

Bowser/ DK : Has a suicide throw

Ice Climbers : Can de-sync ( don't know how it's spelled)

Falco : Laser lock while player is on ground

Kirby : Can suicide with B move while in air.

Link/ Toon Link : Can block projectiles by just standing still.

Luigi: Only character that can KO with a taunt

Metaknight : Too many spam-able moves

Captain Falcon : His moves come out too fast, especially his jabs.

Ness/ Lucas : Can Heal with down B

Peach : Can pull items out of ground other than turnips but very rare.

Olimar : If using his "pikman whistle" at the right time when an attack hits him there is no knock back from the attack

Pokemon Trainer/ Zelda/ Sheik : Can use Down B for invincibility frames

Wolf : Can do an odd form of wavedash by using his forward B then pressing B again at the right time.

Ike : Has super armor while using up B, can even use against some final smashes.

Yoshi : Can roll and keep his shield up.

Pikachu : His down B can be abused when people are above you.

Marth : The tip of his sword is too strong and has a really long reach which is unfair for characters with no reach

Ganondorf : Side B can suicide and it has super armor frames.

G&W : Hard to see on Final Destination.

Jigglypuff : Rest can still KO at relatively low percentages

Hmm... That's all I can think of at the moment. While I figure out if theres anymore go ahead and play Fox, Final Destination, No items to pass the time.
Fox: Can infinite shine very easily

Final Destination: Can get caught underneath the stage while recovering

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
The only thing I can see in that opening post that's even remotely logical is Lucario.

FLUDD, overpowered?!

This is yet another example that relative eloquence doesn't always equate to intelligence on the Internet (especially since _relative_ fluency in the English language isn't difficult online).
Wait, what? How is that thing about Lucario even remotely logical? Do you realise that Lucario can't KO effectively/deal good damage until he's at least at 70%?

Lucifel

Smash Rookie
Wow, when I seen the title I was like, Ooo flame in this for sure. I was right, but in all seriousness, those reasons are so meager that no one will ban any of those characters. No characters need to be banned anyways, learn their moves and you can gain an advantage, learn how they play etc, just cause a Level 9 computer kicks your *** as them doesn't mean they need to be banned.

Ultimatum479

Smash Apprentice
Wait, what? How is that thing about Lucario even remotely logical? Do you realise that Lucario can't KO effectively/deal good damage until he's at least at 70%?
Yeah. It'd be nice if he were lighter, therefore, for 70% damage to be an actual threat to him.

He's not really broken, but, barring a major new metagame discovery, I'm fairly certain he'll be at the top of the initial SBR tier list.

Station

Smash Cadet
If we banned all the characters you wanted to we'd be getting rid of over half the roster.
Sure the characters have some imbalances but these are their strengths, they also have weaknesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom