• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Suffering From WoW Syndrome!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fr0st2k

Smash Journeyman
If you guys have played Worldof Warcraft at all, youd have heard of the controversy around the new expansion "The Burning Crusade"

What happened was this : Old hardcore gamers, who spent countless hours playing the game, getting all the best end game gear, got mad because the new expansion was going to make all there work go down the drain, where casual players could get the same and better items. There fore all there work was for naught, and everyone would be even again.

WELL. This si what is happening on this board. Everyone is blind to the idea that Brawl will be a new game, and that all the time they wasted ni melee is going to be for nothing.

hence the arguements around wavedashing; how everyone thinks all the characters moves will be the same, and how all the characters will be returning. People are SO disallusioned, that they for some unknown reason, they think that Brawl is just going to be MELEE 2.

Just wanted to point this analogy out for all you people so some new discussions can be made. The game will be different, so stop comparing it to melee for christs sake.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I don't think it's going to be as drastic as you make it sound.

When it comes out, I'm sure that Ken will still be able to beat me, even if it's our first time playing it.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
That's an interesting thing to bring up. You are definitely right. While I don't believe there will be as many changes from melee to brawl as there were from SSB64 to melee, I do think changes will be much greater than people give credit to. Many seem to think it'll be melee with better graphics, different stages, and more characters.
I definitely think wavedashing is doomed for deletion, in the same way that any other known glitch will be programmed out.
Smart man. +rep if I could.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
I think brawl is in good hands and will be way better then melee! I love melee the way it is but I don't think they will ruin brawl in any way, shape, or form. Alot of the changes that have already been announced seem to frighten people. Like slowing down the gameplay or taking out wavedashing ect. but until it comes out, we will not know. From the two trailers they have offically put out there, it looks like it is still going to be fun. Only thing I am worried about in the least is online play because almost every game online already out has some form of cheating or lag that kills the game.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
I wrote up a few responses to this, but they can all be summed up as follows: The biggest similarity between the two is that they're both wrong.

Xx swift xX

Smash Apprentice
I believe that it won't change too much, probably only as much as ssb to ssbm. Remember that they only ADDED things, they didn't take away. They ADDED washdashing, the ability to fast fall while executing a midair move (and in turn shffl'ing), air dodging (wavedashing), and spotdodging. As far as glitches go, I believe ssb64 had z-canceling. If they didn't get rid of that, why would they get rid of all our newfound glitches? If you speak of things like the blackhole, freeze glitch, and yoyo glitch, then yes, they'll probably be deleted. Now, the only things they took away were the stages and the 'platforms' special stages.

Don't worry about brawl being too different. Just remember that Sora's probably not gonna take too much out, and that Brawl's in good hands.

Wrath`

Smash Master
They would never change it that much.A couple of moves here and there,but thats all .And how again does this relate to WOW?You arnt running around in smash geting potions and saving kindoms are you.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
Probaly wont change that much, and people playing for all long time on Mellee or WoW still get a big jumpstart...

Not to sound like a jerk but you used the word "disallusioned" wrong, you want "dellusioned" disallusioned means they see whats real or a fantasy is broken
-heh- sorry I just read Great Gatsby in English

Croco

Smash Lord
I play smash brothers just for the experience.. and what the game is about. Nintendo characters beating the crap out of each other.
I really do not care if it feels different.. or if it becomes easier for others.
I just want to play the story mode and unlock everything.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
In my expert opinion, MMO games that have PvP in them are destined for either PvE or PvP being ****ty. The controversy comes down to the PvPers wanting to fight on even footing with each other (that way it's player vs player, and not player + better items vs player + worse items), while PvE players want to build up a character and roleplay with him (and what's role playing without some progression of a character? What if Aragorn never became king of Gondor? What if Saruman hadn't become evil? etc. A fantasy story. No, a story period, need character progression).

So yeah. The PvE players in wow have a right to be peeved, but the PvP players have the right to play against each other on even footing. Granted, the PvE (coughcarebears) were there first, though.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
How about let's never speak of WoW here again instead.

Smash 64 was my game till Melee, and the transition was very different but still fine. This will likely be the same in comparison... especially since we're using the GC controller.

CWolf20

Smash Journeyman
Melee (in my opinion) was much better than 64. Hopefully, this trend will continue for Brawl. I'm having a really tough time figuring out how they're going to improve this game, but I know it can be done.

Baelen

Smash Cadet
And how again does this relate to WOW?You arnt running around in smash geting potions and saving kindoms are you.
you dont save kinGdoms in WoW. most of them were obliterated in Warcraft3.

this game will be fun. period. Even if this game was only equally fun as melee, i had a blast the first time i played each ssb, and i know i will with this one.

now i just need to buy a wii.

Spoon Man

Smash Apprentice
The thing about BC though, is that it's an expansion on something that already exists, it's not something new in it's entirety nor is it a sequel.

SSBB on the other hand, IS a new game, thus is not comparable to BC, although I do agree with the fact that Melee =/= Brawl and it shouldn't be treated as such.

Basically I agree, but you used an analogy that doesn't exactly match up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom