• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Subspace Army

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
no one said the main plot had to do with kingdom hearts. i simply just said thats what they look like. calm your self down b4 u bust a blood vessel.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
I really don't think Nintendo would restrict any SSB characters to AR.
Trophies/stickers are one thing, but not playable characters.
And I'm hoping for Petey playable also.
But I REALLY hope that the Ancient Minister guy isn't, and that he also isn't a Master Hand replacement.
Although he makes a fine Adventure mode boss,
and his minions are perfect.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Well, I like how they turned the phrase "Nintendo (any game or game company) Universe" into a physical universe! It's clear that the different planets are the different game worlds like F-zero and LoZ and Mario and Kirby, which is why Ancient Minister comes from subspace, goes around and infects/brainwashes/recruits the bad guys from a bunch of different planets (game series), and proceeds to wreak havoc on the "Smash Planet" where the heroes are all enjoying a friendly tournament!

This or I'm just taking it all out of proportion and the ancient minister is just a new action figure the child added to his collection of dolls and trophies that make up Smash. >.<

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Nope, no AR for Wii. EVER. At this point, because the one that was shown on EB Games website said it'd come out Aug 15th and it didn't. Turns out, that was a placeholder date meaning that it wasn't a true date. Then it got pushed to another placeholder date of Feb 1st, 2008. Meaning, there's little to no hope for an AR for Wii because of the fact that Nintendo can just update the Wii to not allow the AR to work. Go ahead, try your GCN AR and your Freeloaders, they won't work due to the recent firmware update.

So, if Petey isn't playable, he won't be playable AT ALL.
have hope my friend, and never say never because it might actually be possible one day, just you wait

pokemega32

Smash Apprentice
Get a grip guys....This is reality...not your little dream world of stupid Nintendo characters that are hardly worth a mention... Petey Piranha?! Wow now that's pushing it.
Even if there's like no chance of him being playable at that size...
How can you consider him a charcter hardly worth a mention?
He's been a boss in Sunshine, Partners in Time, Super Princess Peach, New Super Mario Bros. and Mario Pinball Land....
He's been playable in Toadstool Tour, Double Dash, Power Tennis and Strikers Charged...
That's 9 games (unless I'm missing some), so how can you consider him hardly worth a mention, especially compared to some OTHER characters that appear in this series...
The Ice Climbers and Pit sure have been in more games than him....

Kayn

Smash Cadet
He's been a boss in Sunshine, Partners in Time, Super Princess Peach, New Super Mario Bros. and Mario Pinball Land....
He's been playable in Toadstool Tour, Double Dash, Power Tennis and Strikers Charged...
That's 9 games (unless I'm missing some), so how can you consider him hardly worth a mention, especially compared to some OTHER characters that appear in this series...
hey now, pit is awesome...Ice Climbers I don't really care about but I like pit xp

ReXXXSoprano

Smash Cadet
Yeah I'll say it. Mario Superstar Baseball. Which by the way he's the best captain in the whole game. Power wise anyway. That is all.

Croco

Smash Lord
Here is my theory..

When a Subspace bomb explodes, a section of the world gets excised and swallowed by Subspace.
"Excised" means to remove..
Ancient Minister is probably removing and collecting..

So how could this work out in the adventure mode..?

Players start off as some character.. it could be "Pit"
Pit's world is taken away.. but he escapes. As the story goes on, the characters start to meet with each other and face Ancient Minister and his cult over and over again from world to world. Villains team up with heroes and so on till the final showdown.

Ancient Minister is like a thief.. it is collecting. It is probably stealing from YOUR trophy collection. This could explain why he has control of the Halberd and Petey Piranha.

As an example.. it's sort of like if you collected Pokemon cards and then you played against your friends or showed them, but later you discover one or more of your cards are missing. So now that stolen card is part of their collection for them to use against you or others. So now you have to get it back from them.. ;)

I wouldn't be suprised if even Master Hand is captured..

Toasty!

Smash Journeyman
Shut up about KH. It fails. Smash is actually good.

Plus, you could say that about anything.

"D00D!11!1 Taht monsta is a ghoast!1!1!1 PAC MAN REVFERIECE!!!!!11!!!1"

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Here is my theory..

"Excised" means to remove..
Ancient Minister is probably removing and collecting..

So how could this work out in the adventure mode..?

Players start off as some character.. it could be "Pit"
Pit's world is taken away.. but he escapes. As the story goes on, the characters start to meet with each other and face Ancient Minister and his cult over and over again from world to world. Villains team up with heroes and so on till the final showdown.

Ancient Minister is like a thief.. it is collecting. It is probably stealing from YOUR trophy collection. This could explain why he has control of the Halberd and Petey Piranha.

As an example.. it's sort of like if you collected Pokemon cards and then you played against your friends or showed them, but later you discover one or more of your cards are missing. So now that stolen card is part of their collection for them to use against you or others. So now you have to get it back from them.. ;)

I wouldn't be suprised if even Master Hand is captured..
Wow, that's actually pretty clever, and definitely something Sakurai would do! I know what "excised" means, and it never clicked.

Good Theory!

Croco

Smash Lord
no one still see's the resemblence to the heartless from kingdom hearts? ok F it.
I'll admit it.. but I wouldn't say it's the heartless.. more like the empty soulless nobodies..
"The Subspace Emissary" storyline introduces a force of formless enemies called the Subspace Army. They are ruled by their commander, the Ancient Minister.
I'm not saying they are heartless or nobodies.. but they do share some resemblances.

Either way it doesn't matter.
If you have a chance read my theory I posted a few post above.. ;)

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Shut up about KH. It fails. Smash is actually good.
You know, I don't see too much of a resemblance to the heartless or nobodies either (about as much resemblance as there is between any two "minion" type characters, really).

But KH is glorious. It is the definition of winning. It is, in my very correct opinion, the best game ever.

Yes, better than Smash. :)

paradigmatics

Smash Rookie
But KH is glorious. It is the definition of winning. It is, in my very correct opinion, the best game ever.

Ondore's lies lol

KH suffers from a stupid story and stupid characters. The two go hand in hand. Especially in the sequel. In fact, IGN's review of KH2, which KH weeaboos got plenty pissed at, is probably the most correct review.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Ondore's lies lol
Come again? :dizzy:

KH suffers from a stupid story, especially in the sequel. In fact, IGN's review of KH2, which KH weeaboos got plenty pissed at, the probably most correct.
KH2's storyline didn't know what it was doing by the end of it. It was throwing keyblades to everybody, talking circles around questions that needed answering, ****ing with precedents made in the first game and just generally pulling stuff out of it's ***.

The first game was still phenomenal, in my eyes. Though KH2 does one-up it as far as gameplay goes. But that was to be expected.

EDIT: WAIT. NOT THE POINT OF THIS THREAD.

I don't know what to think about the army's relation ship with Master Hand. I actually really like Croco's idea though. Still, in that scenario (mostly since you compared the idea to stealing pokemon cards), I would almost expect another set of hands to be your new main enemy. And maybe Master Hand and Crazy Hand would help you fight this new set of palms in order to reclaim ownership of a bunch of it's trophies?

Maybe not likely, but something to ponder?

Smash Ace
This update was pwnage. I wasn't surprised to see Peach and Zelda get captured. Pansies...
<n00bism>
but wait, if kirby's facing them all alone now that Mario got pwned, that MUST mean that he's TOP TIER AGAIN!!!!!111oneoneonetwo
</n00bism>

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
This update was pwnage. I wasn't surprised to see Peach and Zelda get captured. Pansies...
<n00bism>
but wait, if kirby's facing them all alone now that Mario got pwned, that MUST mean that he's TOP TIER AGAIN!!!!!111oneoneonetwo
</n00bism>
thats tuesday's update....

WR3K

Smash Ace
You know, I don't see too much of a resemblance to the heartless or nobodies either (about as much resemblance as there is between any two "minion" type characters, really).

HAHAAAHAAHAHAHHAHHAHhAHAhaha

excuse me......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAa

douche

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
HAHAAAHAAHAHAHHAHHAHhAHAhaha

excuse me......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAa

douche
You know, I'd be okay with this post if it weren't for that little "douche" at the end.

Kind of harsh, don't you think?

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
Not cool dude. I like KH too. Sometimes better than smash. it depends on how I'm playing that day lol. If I can't beat Jimbo, I just kick the poo out of Sephiroth.
Exactly. Although it took me 20+ tries to kill Sephiroth off :laugh: but eventually it got too easy..and now it's been weeks since I played it, and I'm ready to kill him again :chuckle: but back on topic. The Primids are awesome. Having R.O.B. in this game is awesome. Petey Piranha as a boss is awesome. Subspace Emissary looks awesome. Right? That answers it all!

Smash Ace
the Primid look creepy-cool. I love 'em.
I still want to see the wire frames.

Top Bottom