• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

stupidly good sprite fanart

Stryks

Smash Hero
Wow that is amazing! I used to do sprites back in the good ol days with saber, and trust me this guy, in terms any smasher can understand, 7-stock's us easily XD... gotta show this thread to saber!...

*edit* **** yeah he speaks spanish ill understand the tutorial! XD

Stryks

Smash Hero
ta-da! I actually tried it out, both the new one usin the tut and my old one i used to use (and still will cause makin a sprite sheet with that tutorial would be a pain)

Stryks

Smash Hero
I made sabers old sprite character, into a new kick *** version of it, thanx to the tut:

I actually like his sprite better, Im gonna try to fix my sprite's knee, and maybe fix the hair...

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
I like his sprite more than yours too. I also noticed on your sprite his left arm is really really big and doesnt look attached at all. On his sprite, His chest looks really flat compared to the rest of the armor. I would also add some highlights to the shield.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Thanx zodiak, im downloading the program, its gonna help me out a lot, and yeah I agree with u about the shield, the thing is, I dont know why I just couldnt add highlights and make it look good at the same time, I didnt have problems with the body, I just had trouble with the shield, and also I was in a hurry and I just gave it to saber, I may make some adjusments to his sprite, and as well as mine, thanx again zodiak

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
still didnt fix his arm like I mentioned. You choose a better pallette to make his skin look better. I made a quick sprite edit to fix some things on your sprite.

Fix thing you should notice is how I fixed his leg. I got rid of all the nonneeded highlights you put in. Now it actually looks bent. Another big thing I fixed was his hair. It actually kinda looks like hair now. It doesnt look like a big blob of shaded black. Finally the last big thing I changed was his arm. I made it smaller and put to close the body. Then I extended the jacket a bit to make it look like its actually around the arm. Also I get rid of non needed black outlining, as the jacket can outline that part of the arm. I also did some slight edits to the jacket and shoe. Hope this edit helps you. There is some other things that could need work, like his other leg, but I didnt feel like editing.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Thanx zodiak it looks way better, Ill modify it by myself, I like to do my own work, dont take it the wrong way, thanx for the tip, but I would feel better once I edited mtself, so I can learn some stuff...

Dyslixec

Smash Rookie
The shading is very simple. You should add another shade or so of each colour. His undershirt isn't shaded at all. The colours could be a bit better as well. His legs don't seem to match up with his body. I recommend moving his right leg in slightly. His vest is a bit too bright in my opinion also.
I hope you don't mind, I basically just changed the shading and the vest colours to show you what I mean.

It's been a long time some things look kind of messy.

If anybody has any critique for a couple of my older sprites it would be appreciated...
http://pixeljoint.com/files/icons/full/supa.png
http://pixeljoint.com/files/icons/full/sam.png
http://pixeljoint.com/files/icons/link__r172067851.png

Stryks

Smash Hero
wow not bad Dyslixec, tough im still average at makin sprites, such detailed shading will take me a while to learn, but very nice, also I like ur superman sprite, very awesome, the samus one is pretty cool too...

St. Viers

Smash Champion
no offense Dyslixec, but your shading has too much noise. Although that method of shading is great for larger sprites, it looks wrong for something this small.

For example, the vest looks like a nice chainmail vest, but not like a vest

And to give me some credability...

and my quick hack of this

mkmelee

Smash Lord
Dyslixec, no offense intended but I know I've seen that Samus sprite on these boards, and seeing as how you have 1 post, I doubt it was posted by you, or at least not that account. Just questioning, cause the samus's quality and precision is indeed much better than the others you've shown. I'm really against art theft, and so don't be offended if it really was you who created it.

Nonetheless, I remember the Samus, and it's incredibly well made. I still stare at in awe at it's insane accuracy and godly shading.

Top Bottom