• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stupid Fights With My Girlfriend

ladyf1r3hawk

Smash Rookie
unreasonable?

First off, for the record, your girlfriend was completely wrong on the example you provided. On like... everything.

I can't judge the severity of the situation on this conversation alone. If you have serious fights over these things, and it happens constantly, you may be best to look else where. You may not like that answer, but it's true. The sooner that is accepted, the sooner you can both continue living a happier, productive life.

If the situation isn't that severe, just apathetically state that she is being unreasonable, and that you don't wish to talk about these issues when they arise, if when they happen they become overly drawn out, silly, and escalate.

See, what your problem is is that you say "can we please not talk about this?". That's like telling any women "I don't want to, but go ahead if you feel like it". What you should be telling her is "I'm not continuing this." and leave it at that. It's the attitude your presenting. If she feels there is rope to tug on, she'll pull until she's satisfied.
does it really matter whether the nose of a fictional character is a big nose or a beak? seriously thats just a bit over the top. but i will tell u she's wrong. good luck :)

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
I don't have that much experience when it comes to stupid fights like this (lol Diglett's nose is huge), but I can say that it's probably a good idea to be less serious about it. Don't let her win, but also don't try to win. I mean, you can try to win, but don't be too serious about it. It's really not important that she knows Diglett doesn't have a beak.

You really can't put all the blame on her considering that you're also arguing. Think of it in a way that sees both sides without bias. I feel like I've written an explanation on this kind of thing before >_>

Anyway, don't be too serious about winning, but also don't let her walk right over you. Hold your ground, but don't fight back. Make the argument more like a playful sort of thing, not a battle.

Take Ulevo's advice, he seems to have more experience than me.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You really can't put all the blame on her considering that you're also arguing. Think of it in a way that sees both sides without bias.
Yes, he can, women argue nonsensically even when they know they're wrong, just because they HAVE to win.
You try and think objectively, with logic, and give a calm and calculated answer to what they say. Guess what? "SCREAM SCREAM NAG NAG I'M RIGHT! OH! AND YOU ALWAYS LOOK AT MY BEST FRIEND'S ****!"
What can I say, date **** drugs weren't invented for ****, they were invented to get your gf to stfu more likely.

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
Yes, he can, women argue nonsensically even when they know they're wrong, just because they HAVE to win.
You try and think objectively, with logic, and give a calm and calculated answer to what they say. Guess what? "SCREAM SCREAM NAG NAG I'M RIGHT! OH! AND YOU ALWAYS LOOK AT MY BEST FRIEND'S ****!"
What can I say, date **** drugs weren't invented for ****, they were invented to get your gf to stfu more likely.
That's terribly sexist :(

Guys can be like that too, haven't you ever seen stubborn guys who "argue nonsensically even when they know they're wrong, just because they HAVE to win." I sure have. I'm pretty sure that on more than one occasion you've lost your cool and have tried to win an argument you know you've already lost.

And if you want your girlfriend to shut up, I think you have a few relationship problems not to mention other things. Everyone should be entitled to speaking their own opinions and it's not your decision to stop them.

LLDL

Smash Hero
But seriously, the best thing to do is to sort of sarcastically agree with them and smile, but you have 2 make sure she knows what you're doing. It'll get on her nerves and you get the satisfaction. But I know what you mean. Your pointing out statistics and facts, and the girl sticks 2 her imagination. it's annoying.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
That's terribly sexist :(
I disagree wholeheartedly. Stop pulling that feeble card, it means absolutely nothing.

And if you want your girlfriend to shut up, I think you have a few relationship problems not to mention other things. Everyone should be entitled to speaking their own opinions and it's not your decision to stop them
What can I say, I hate BS from anyone. I don't take it from guys either, it's just harder to tell a girl to shutup.
And no I personally have never found that I have relationship problems, they may find me a problem, but then they shouldn't have dated me in the first place. If anything, I'm always happy doing what I'm doing, so if they're unhappy, then gtfo the kitchen.
On second thought, don't! *Chains gf to kitchen sink*. HAHAHA :p

Top Bottom