• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Structure Thread~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
The Structure Thread
This thread's purpose is to tie everything in the PokeCenter together, probably even moreso than the Stockpile. What this thread contains is a list of every major thread in the PokeCenter, categorized by their thread leaders. Whenever something needs to be done (i.e. making polls, stickying, bumping, etc.) in a thread people can post about it here and someone who is kind enough to do could then find the thread from the OP, and help you out. Some actions are only doable by Spire and Chill, so this also serves to help them out a ton. And you can expect a lot of posting done by me in this thread as well. If I've missed a thread or two, please link it to me so I can add it in the OP.
This thread can also be used to discuss other projects / threads you would like to see in the PokeCenter future, so don't be afraid to ask.

Competitive 'Dex
Pokemon Movie Discussion
Evolutino: Beyond SmashCAP
Ubers Cup
PokeCenter Tutoring Program
Pokemon Black and White
Pokemon Ancestral Tree
Weekend Tournaments
SmashCAP 3: Stat Distribution Discussion
SmashCAP 3: Art Submissions
Battle Of The Week
Crew Battles
Community Create-A-Team
Tournament Discussions
PokeCenter Interviews
PokeCenter Spriting Contest
PokeCenter Mafia
The Stockpile

Unorganized (Includes ideas too!)
SWF Pokemon <Originally headed by Articanus>

Riddle

Smash Lord
I need more projects. Suggestions? I can take some of those from you if you need help too terywj.

Actually I think some of our guides need a rewrite.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
The Stockpile should be closed anyways. This thread would remain open. For example, if I needed a BOTW thread, instead of bumping (excess clutter) I could simply request someone make a poll for me here. Likewise if anyone needs their thread closed, moved, or stickied they'd post here. I'd update the OP and when Spire or Chill checks this thread they can see what they need to do, rather than have everyone engulf them with what's needed, etc.
Also, if people want a certain project or type of thread they can post about it here first before an actual thread is started.

Edit: Yeah I was going to suggest adding guides into the swing of things as well.

M.K

Level 55
Wow.
Yet another thread that does the purpose of something else.
This is why we have a "search" button.

M.K

Level 55
I'm sorry. I'm just trying to help Spire and Chill out. I guess if that's useless then I don't know what I can do.
Don't do anything. It's not your job and frankly, I've been on this board enough times to see your name plastered down the entire page with threads that clog the forum.

@Wave, don't be stupid. If you don't know how to press something, type what you want, and press "search", then you probably shouldn't be using the internet.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
@Wave, don't be stupid. If you don't know how to press something, type what you want, and press "search", then you probably shouldn't be using the internet.
Unfortunately, people do exactly that. And nothing you, nor I, do can stop it.

M.K

Level 55
Fix'd.

If you disagree, take it to Spire and Chill.
You act like I don't already have a relationship with them. XD I'm not ********, please don't pretend like I am just so that you may persuade me with your claims.
I appreciate that you find that his threads enrich the board. However, being one of the people who has been here a sufficient amount of time, I also have fond memories of how the board used to be. Frankly, I prefer to not have my memories tainted. ;)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Don't try to rationalize your arguments with baseless claims.
It's annoying and less than effective.
Don't try to pretend that all of the people on the internet are competent. I'm sure you can't be that optimistic about people...
I appreciate that you find that his threads enrich the board. However, being one of the people who has been here a sufficient amount of time, I also have fond memories of how the board used to be. Frankly, I prefer to not have my memories tainted. ;)
You can't even pretend to be a nice, pleasant person? I do it every day.

M.K

Level 55
Don't try to pretend that all of the people on the internet are competent. I'm sure you can't be that optimistic about people...
Duh, but you shouldn't be guiding them by holding their **** while they piss. Let them do their own ****.

You can't even pretend to be a nice, pleasant person? I do it every day.
I'm a very nice person, just somebody with a very low tolerance for idiocy and hypocrisy.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Duh, but you shouldn't be guiding them by holding their **** while they piss. Let them do their own ****.
Sometimes they manage to piss in very unpleasant places. Like making necessary threads. But that hasn't actually been a big problem here.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
This should not be closed because of the "unnecessary" factor, Spire gave me the okay and actually asked that I do it - because I ask for permission when I want to start something new in this forum. However, should you continue to just bash me and other members I'll kindly ask Spire to lock this.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
My only query is whether this is better served just being edited into the Stockpile? Perhaps the second post?

If it's discussion about projects, that will eventually be linked to in the Stockpile, why not just add this to it's title. 'Stockpile and Structure'.

There is barely any activity there (obviously, it's just links), so why not use that space?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
The only other thing with merging both threads was that Chill wanted the Stockpile closed, being open for only more links, so I didn't want to interfere with that, so I asked Spire about making this Structure thread.

But everything can be talked out. I'm sure we can come up with something.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
O it's a good idea to discuss upcoming projects, no disagreement there. It's just we have a whole bunch of stickies and a whole bunch of threads. If it can be done in another thread (like the Stockpile second post - which is terys) then we can save space.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
O it's a good idea to discuss upcoming projects, no disagreement there. It's just we have a whole bunch of stickies and a whole bunch of threads. If it can be done in another thread (like the Stockpile second post - which is terys) then we can save space.
That's convenient, and I guess it works out. Now all that's left is for Spire to lock this.

Spire

III
BRoomer
This thread defeats the stockpile. The stockpile is a locked thread that just links to various other threads. This thread not only leads to big projects/tournaments, etc. that are current, but allows people to easily jump in and help. Sticking this now.

Tery, if you haven't, I'd advise making a "past/completed" section for example-worthy projects that have either died or been completed.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
You don't have to.. but there is a link there that could save space and make use of another thread.
Sorry if it seemed like I was attacking, just a suggestion.

Edit: Ninja'd by Spire.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
This thread defeats the stockpile. The stockpile is a locked thread that just links to various other threads. This thread not only leads to big projects/tournaments, etc. that are current, but allows people to easily jump in and help. Sticking this now.
Thanks, Spire. :)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
:urg:

I've been mulling it over forever trying to come up with a project of my own (you know, to make me FEEL like I deserve this title more), but I due to a lack of creativity I haven't been able to come up with anything. Ideas?

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
What is the criteria for Pokemon Master anyway?

One thing that I would like to see is perhaps a small RPG. And by RPG I'm not even sure that's what I am intending to say. I guess something like Pen and Sword would be really fun (at least for me). Everyone is a Pokemon, maybe working together to overcome an obstacle and depending on the creativity and skill they use to attempt to overcome, they may be successful. If they aren't, they may lose some players etc etc and depending on each characters input they level up.

Would require a massively committed modship.

But it's bordering on a forum game.

M.K

Level 55
Jesus guys, no more projects.
In order to make room for your projects, we'd have to get the people who are currently bombarding the board with projects to slow the **** down.
It's just annoying because none of these projects are completely thought out because they happen within 3 hours of each other.
And if this really does effectively replace the Stockpile, why isn't the Stockpile locked and gone?

And for that matter, you've forgotten the only project on this **** board that actually had any meaning.

Pocket Monsters Inc.

And no, I don't think that was a coincidence.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
:urg:

I've been mulling it over forever trying to come up with a project of my own (you know, to make me FEEL like I deserve this title more), but I due to a lack of creativity I haven't been able to come up with anything. Ideas?
If you come up with a project, then you come up with a project. The title doesn't require you to have any projects, and if people come up with projects just to come up with projects the board is going to get overcrowded and unpleasant, we've already got more projects than we can handle.

If you force a project just to have a project it likely won't turn out well anyways.

Riddle

Smash Lord
I disagree with the organization of this thread. Honestly to me right now it looks like your saying 'look at all the cool stuff I did'. I'd prefer if the organization used more relevant categories. Like the stockpile.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Yeah you're probably right MK. Quality over quantity. It'd do far more good putting a lot of effort into one or two quality projects than one user trying to run four or five.

But my suggestion still stands as something I'd like to see in the future, whether here or in dGames.

Edit: I guess it'd be closer to a D&D game.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
And if this really does effectively replace the Stockpile, why isn't the Stockpile locked and gone?

And for that matter, you've forgotten the only project on this **** board that actually had any meaning.

Pocket Monsters Inc.

And no, I don't think that was a coincidence.

Ummm....SmashCap has been successful and serves a meaning (that's the only one I can think of right now). I agree that we need to slow down on projects but saying that Pocket Monsters Inc. is the only project with "meaning" is an unfair statement.

I also agree with Riddle. This setup is nice but I think a more effective setup would be having a section for each subforum in the PC and dividing those up based on use (eg. tourneys, spriting etc).

M.K

Level 55
Well guys, looks like Tery added the structure's OP to the Stockpile

Everybody happy now?

How does that alleviate anything??

It's like putting a car inside of a car so you can sit in a car while you drive your car.

Useless clutter until one or the other is closed completely and/or deleted.

Ummm....SmashCap has been successful and serves a meaning (that's the only one I can think of right now). I agree that we need to slow down on projects but saying that Pocket Monsters Inc. is the only project with "meaning" is an unfair statement.

I also agree with Riddle. This setup is nice but I think a more effective setup would be having a section for each subforum in the PC and dividing those up based on use (eg. tourneys, spriting etc).
Correct, I should've left out my own bias. It's the only project in a while that pertains to my interests. ; ) All the others are just like lolz, wtf.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
The thing is some of threads in the Stockpile (Nuzlocke, etc.) won't need polls, locks, or stickies. Every thread I listed in the OP is something that may need that. Which is why other people can pitch in and help out.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Two things:

1. Haw haw, it's stickied.
2. Couldn't you merge this with the Stockpile or something?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Oh ****, I thought he just posted a link or something.

Now this beckons the question, why does this thread exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom