• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Strategy for 2v2 with Diddy?

MajorMiles

Smash Rookie
I always play 2v2 with my friends because i have so much of them (lolz). But anyways, i don't really know if i should use bananas and stuff when I'm playing with 3 other people. Because my teammate usually doesn't use them or if he does he throws them off the edge without realizing. But can anyone tell me how they usually play out a 2v2 match?

saberhof

Smash Master
Alright i rule here :D...

tell me who you partner with :O.....

anyway, random pointers:

Start off by forcing him to learn how to work with a banana, its great, because that way, he wont fall on it and he can also use it to his advantage...

Second, make him round both of them up and just throw bananas and peanuts like crazy have them in the middle, he will have to go for grabs... the game in 2v2 for diddy and his teammate is to keep them at bay and make them keep guessing, and not pressure them, because you will surely fall on the bananas..

its all a thing to keep a pace with what you are doing, and having a good edge guarding game both of you, also, bananas will be key to win, i have won several team matches very fast and easy with bananas and my partner...:D...

anything specific you would like to know???

MajorMiles

Smash Rookie
Nothing really specific. But the edge guarding game i have down pretty good because i play with a marth most of the time lol. Basically what i really wanted to know is if the bananas were really that handy for a team battle. But my friend and I have pulled off a random barrage of bananas by a fluke of just spamming A and realizing what he was doing. I guess all i should really do is have him work with the bananas :p Thanks for the tips

saberhof

Smash Master
yeah thats a big one thing to work on if you want a win...

others can be knowing how yours and your partners moves work together, like a f throw to a spike, etc... or a mixture of bananas/peanuts, grabs and charging an fsmash.... xP

Martial

Smash Apprentice
I've always found that Diddy is one of the worst characters to use in a 2v2. Sure, an additional person to help you follow up on bananas is great, but the naners always seem to hurt more than help my teammates. Just personal experience though, there are definitely people out there that make it work.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Metaknight is in my opinion the best partner for diddy. He floats over all your nanerz and is just a beast at gimping.

I played two vs two as diddy and you just have to keep your nanerz at a small range and be very careful. The nanerz are even harder to deal with in doubles because theres alot more going on and your focus cant be on two little items all the time.

Colbert

Smash Apprentice
Teach your teammate do be as comfortable with bananas as you are. My teammate also uses Diddy Kong and it works great.

Oblique

Smash Apprentice
im lucky that when i play 2v2 with Diddy my partner uses the bananas (i forced him to use them). It seems that the fight is 10 times easier when u use Diddy bananas with a partner.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I think in 2v2 with Diddy you should use a character that can kill at low percentages and not a huge laggy move to do it with. (MK, DK, Wolf). If you are scared of using bananas I suggest you grab the opponent a lot and try to gimp them off stage. MK and DK have excellent Gimping skills. If you decide to use bananas, it can rack up damage and DK has a really good glide toss if you can teach your partner that.

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
have a partner that can use bananas, avoid throwing them at partner, kill enemy.

the only thing i tend to do is tone down my glide tossing everywhere a bit cause i tend to hit my part with those instinctual glide tosses. make every toss count. i partner with a great rob and usually just go mk or jiggs cause hes all over the ground glide tossing his own jyro, lasering, and dsmashing and diddys primarily a ground character.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Just use two Diddy's in teams :) its **** LoLz.

Or you can just do what I do which is just get really really good at edge guarding and gimping, its the ultimate strategy for Diddy in teams especially since he has so0o many options...

-advent-

Irsic

Smash Ace
I think Rob and Metaknight are pretty good partners. Robs glide toss is unbelievably fast and far.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I teamed with a Sonic who i've fought in singles and is really hard to beat because of his fast speed and his good use of glide tossing. Made us good partners, but we could proabably get better if we practiced it more. Learning how to play alongside Diddy is much much harder than learning Diddy yourself. Not to metion your opponents might be good with the naners as well, and if your partner isn't as good as handling them as your opponent does, then your partner needs to get better, or your in a losing game, unless your really really good like NL.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Just know how to control your bananas. If you're really good at control, your partner wont be in a situation much where he'll be slipping on your bananas constantly. It will happen every now and then, but it should be a rare occurance

you can teach your partner to glide toss, if it will help. Otherwise, just teach them to be able to avoid them on the ground and stuff, which really isnt that hard to do if they arent being thrown at you.

With diddy, be prepared to save your teammate alot. He's one of the faster chars in the game, and its a good chance he'll be the fastest on your team, since alot of the easy killers dont move that quickly (minus MK). So just pay attention to him and save him, when you can. They're gonna do some stuff that you just cant save them from, but at least recognize where it something that you can do something about.

When playing diddy in teams, you're most likely gonna be the stock tank. As in, you're racking up damage but you're doing it safely, and you always make sure you have the attention of one person from the other team. When you get their attention, do everything safely and try take as little damage as possible, but make sure you do enough so that he doesnt go over and attack your teammate. Sometimes its hard to play safe and rack up damage, so at least do your best to not put yourself in a situation to get easily gimped.

There are rarely any vids of diddy in teams, except mine. So you can look at my vid thread and look at the most recent teams matches of examples of what diddy does in teams. Im not perfect, but its better having some sort of visual evidence. Heres a link, if you care to watch:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=193194

DUB

Smash Lord
When I play teams my partner plays is the bigger Kong. I usually keep one naner in my hand the entire time and just use one for the game. I can keep the same pressure up on opponent and not worry about my partner tripping. I rack up the damage, he gets the kills.

Top Bottom