• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

strange dk landing thing

tigresmasher2

Smash Cadet
I was fighting a samus player on final destination. The samus player was spamming his charge shot a lot. About halfway through the match he fired a fully charged shot and I landed at the same time the attack hit me. There was no knockback but I still took the damage. I was at 100% so I should have had some knockback. Does DK have SA on his landing animation?

Spudnick

Smash Apprentice
did the attack land literally just as you landed? it might have been the SA frames you get when you don't tech and you land on the ground.

IDK

Smash Lord
is this only after a tumble? if it's not and everyone has this, we could short hop fast fall to get super armor. probably usually better to just dodge but maybe if you did it a lot, then when you didn't expect an attack, you wouldn't be sent flying.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
we could short hop fast fall to get super armor. probably usually better to just dodge but maybe if you did it a lot, then when you didn't expect an attack, you wouldn't be sent flying.
Uhhh... no. Just no. It doesn't work like that.

Anyway, you're SURE you took damage? After you land from a tumble or are in the process or getting up you have invincibility frames here and there, but I've never seen or experienced anything that would suggest super armor. It doesn't matter anyway because what are you hoping to do, fail to airdodge/tech out of your tumble on purpose and hope you aren't horribly punished?

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Im pretty sure it was just one of those Brawl moments where something crazy happens due to the game being glitchy or something.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I've had pikachu's thunder jolt kill me...with amazing knockback some how or sent me in the wrong direction into the laser (halberd). And i've had ness go right thru me when i did counter on his PKT2, there are many many glitches in brawl that happen only one time. you sir have found one.

Dekar173

Justice Man
I've had pikachu's thunder jolt kill me...with amazing knockback some how or sent me in the wrong direction into the laser (halberd). And i've had ness go right thru me when i did counter on his PKT2, there are many many glitches in brawl that happen only one time. you sir have found one.
Ness is in an "infinite-priority" state in the very beginning frames of his pkt2, so don't think it was a glitch and that you'll get him next time he does this to you, it was just a basic part of the mechanics ;P

Also, jolt?! Jesus. Maybe pika players are perfecting that exploit right now... and pika will be top-tier over night! (lololol jk ;P)

Top Bottom