• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

STPL - NY/NJ crew - Class of 2010 Da Bes!

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
A no?
As in you got no bio?
i dont even know lol

vinneh said a no, mostly cuz he wanted to cap the crew and keep it stable first ( i dont mind lol)

pd said hell yeah cuz im cute i think

nakat said i have to get approval of everyone, when i know everyone here xD except izumi, but that should be easy cuz i like lolis' too =DDDDD!!!

wow what a amazing **** posttt

i still call shots being in here

unless sum1 can make a amazing bio for me lool

-Blue-

Smash Journeyman
So lets discuss something serious for once.
well, as i used to help manage a well respected crew in the past, enemy controller. a crew that placed top 3 in all jersery tourneys and a top crew on the coast along with m2k atomsk inui spam and many more, this is what you should be focusing on.....

Step 1: aside from making your crew flashy with crazy pics and names, see what you can do to help each individual improve. not in just character mains but in lacking areas of tech skills and general meta.

Step 2: find and sched. a time to have a set practice over the weekend. Now for those members that are out of state find at least one person to train with....or even team with. if you dont practice and/or play often with your teammate you wont improve much, so dont expect to place high out of pure miracle if you cant do that.

Step 3: stay active....thats prolly the most important. a crew that doesnt show a lil dedication will fall apart in the long run or just wont seem to cooperate very well.

step 4: keep records of your tourney placements and post them on your thread. also be sure to keep recordings of your matches to review your experience against different smashers and match ups. it proves useful when you re-watch and have crew members re-watch those sets and see if you play well under pressure. you'd be surprised how much your style strategy changes when playing in tourney. so keep watch of each crew members developement.

Step 4: if you can't follow those steps you arnt fit for a crew that aims for something great. that only applies to that of which i just spoke of.....otherwise this crew isn't a crew but just a thread for a group of friends.

nakat....if that isnt serious enough for you then ionno what to say. but, that should get you guys thinking on what type of crew you are trying to develope. a "group" suited for friends or a "crew" who is trying to help each member accel in each of their own character mains and tech skills.

vinnie....you are quite popular and might be the best player in this crew you should take the role as the trainer. if you are familiar with match-ups and know how to play with many chars at a standing of above adverage help your members learn easy ways to perform tech skills and understand match ups.

now the pride of a crew that no one takes a leadership role is a crew without direction. so set that silly pride of no leader aside. a crew isnt based on having a leader or not, but having a leader to maintain and not just neglect the crew members ideas on whatever the subject may be. but if you all choose not to have a leader then you wont have much organization. every crew needs a manager, or someone who may be able to represent the crew in tourney and just overall hold things together.

.....last there is one last step, have fun. a crew doesnt have to always be serious but to a degree learn and discuss issues that could effect either the crew members or just the community in general. the crew must contribute not just to the members of your own but to the community. help with set ups and organization at tourneys if the TO of that tourney requests it. so if you want your crew to flourish then those are the things you are to look into. a crew of just being secretive and to themselves is a crew that wont really get recognition and respect.

you all are smart smashers, so i suppose it's of no point to continue further. keep having fun and soon i want to see this crew's posts in the thousands and as active as it possibly can be.

....i think that could start you guys off.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
well, as i used to help manage a well respected crew in the past, enemy controller. a crew that placed top 3 in all jersery tourneys and a top crew on the coast along with m2k atomsk inui spam and many more, this is what you should be focusing on.....

Step 1: aside from making your crew flashy with crazy pics and names, see what you can do to help each individual improve. not in just character mains but in lacking areas of tech skills and general meta.

Step 2: find and sched. a time to have a set practice over the weekend. Now for those members that are out of state find at least one person to train with....or even team with. if you dont practice and/or play often with your teammate you wont improve much, so dont expect to place high out of pure miracle if you cant do that.

Step 3: stay active....thats prolly the most important. a crew that doesnt show a lil dedication will fall apart in the long run or just wont seem to cooperate very well.

step 4: keep records of your tourney placements and post them on your thread. also be sure to keep recordings of your matches to review your experience against different smashers and match ups. it proves useful when you re-watch and have crew members re-watch those sets and see if you play well under pressure. you'd be surprised how much your style strategy changes when playing in tourney. so keep watch of each crew members developement.

Step 4: if you can't follow those steps you arnt fit for a crew that aims for something great. that only applies to that of which i just spoke of.....otherwise this crew isn't a crew but just a thread for a group of friends.

nakat....if that isnt serious enough for you then ionno what to say. but, that should get you guys thinking on what type of crew you are trying to develope. a "group" suited for friends or a "crew" who is trying to help each member accel in each of their own character mains and tech skills.

vinnie....you are quite popular and might be the best player in this crew you should take the role as the trainer. if you are familiar with match-ups and know how to play with many chars at a standing of above adverage help your members learn easy ways to perform tech skills and understand match ups.

now the pride of a crew that no one takes a leadership role is a crew without direction. so set that silly pride of no leader aside. a crew isnt based on having a leader or not, but having a leader to maintain and not just neglect the crew members ideas on whatever the subject may be. but if you all choose not to have a leader then you wont have much organization. every crew needs a manager, or someone who may be able to represent the crew in tourney and just overall hold things together.

.....last there is one last step, have fun. a crew doesnt have to always be serious but to a degree learn and discuss issues that could effect either the crew members or just the community in general. the crew must contribute not just to the members of your own but to the community. help with set ups and organization at tourneys if the TO of that tourney requests it. so if you want your crew to flourish then those are the things you are to look into. a crew of just being secretive and to themselves is a crew that wont really get recognition and respect.

you all are smart smashers, so i suppose it's of no point to continue further. keep having fun and soon i want to see this crew's posts in the thousands and as active as it possibly can be.

....i think that could start you guys off.
I definitely appreciated this.

-Blue-

Smash Journeyman
This crew is serious business.

Watch out yo!

aww look at the little fighting kitty.....it's trying to be all tough.....reminds me of that word....what is it again....OH I REMEMBER!!!!! NAKAT....the famous nakitty cat from the dr. suess story rhyme books.

Yes nekat would you look at that
its a crack not a rap
of the kid named nakat

he's black and far from whack
nakat nakat would you look at that
it's a nakitty cat on a floor mat

look how graceful it is nakat
a golden color brown
it should be crowned with a nakat cap

oh nakat nakat what joyous fun
a smasher of big dreams
whiskers twittering about

Thats nakat in cat form
that cute nakitty cat
but one things for sure.....

if you give nakat a green egg with ham
nakat oh yes that nakat would surely
...surely give you a great nakat SMACK!!!

-Blue-

Smash Journeyman
Blue for crew manager!
lol why should i be crew manager? i think you should support your crew :)

As much as you pick at me about me age......I actually enjoyed that especially being that I love cats.
oh yes i find it amazing that someone posted a kitten pic which was a perfect set up for my joyous joke. but eventually i will run out of jokes and it'll become quite old so give it about maybe a week. and dont look at it as im picking with you lol just come back at me with another silly joke lol i mean.....my name is a color.... unorginally orginal. but yea i'll end soon enough bc i really cant think of another reason to jest about your gamertag.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
broski its 3 letter crews not 4 rofl common mang get with it.

btw i want to team with gnw soon

MasterDaveNo1

Banned via Warnings
I dont wanna be killed so that my team partner is with someone else T^T also, I love you all. This crew is SOOOO funny. Enemy Controller only had Trevor as the funny person. Also, Blue you forgot to make your text in that last post blue =o

Top Bottom