• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stos vs. NB$ Matches

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Alright, it's been awhile since i posted new matches of my Link. Remember, rate, commnet and advice. Here are the matches

Match 1 Link vs. Captain Falcon
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zxwp2JyfiMc

Match 2 Link vs. Link
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GmdnWcSK5lI

Match 3 Link vs. Peach
http://youtube.com/watch?v=F7oSobX6fKs

Enjoy and remember, tips and advice. :p

Match 4 Link vs. Falco
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnRIvwgjr8Y

ENJOY :p:D:)

I am having trouble platforming? I know how to waveland and all those but for some reson everytime I get on a platform I get hit or killed. Advice Anyone?

EazyP

Smash Ace
I'm talking about the first match in this one

-Way too many bombs, not enough boomerang
-Stop the UpB spam, you need to combo it in with a grab (dthrow to upb)
-Bomb tech recovery non-existent
-Edgehog plz
-Needs moar combos

You got a lot better by the end but try and step it up baby cakes

Also, I'm tired of every single link using the black skin, just an observation

NB$

Smash Cadet
First of all WTF is wrong with bombs... its actually better than the bomerang because you can keep on gettin it after you thro it an spammin it is good... if you were a good link player you would actually kno that and i even kno this and i dont even main link. YOUR ******** he only used it to kill me or that he couldnt use a fast enough move to attack me. Bomb recovery.... when the hell did he need to do bomb recovery.... this jus shows how bad of a link player u r. He made a mistake tryin to edge hog an dat was only once, and for a stupid link player like you, you always think that everythin is bout combos but that shows how stupid you ppl r, combos are only extra your not supposed to do it everytime or your lose every match tryin to set up combo's while the oppent is rackin up damage an ges u wit a kill. Thats all i have to say bout ur stupidity thx for makin a stupid comment.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
First of all WTF is wrong with bombs... its actually better than the bomerang because you can keep on gettin it after you thro it an spammin it is good... if you were a good link player you would actually kno that and i even kno this and i dont even main link. YOUR ******** he only used it to kill me or that he couldnt use a fast enough move to attack me. Bomb recovery.... when the hell did he need to do bomb recovery.... this jus shows how bad of a link player u r. He made a mistake tryin to edge hog an dat was only once, and for a stupid link player like you, you always think that everythin is bout combos but that shows how stupid you ppl r, combos are only extra your not supposed to do it everytime or your lose every match tryin to set up combo's while the oppent is rackin up damage an ges u wit a kill. Thats all i have to say bout ur stupidity thx for makin a stupid comment.

The troll has laid the trap.. does the prey step into it?

DarkLink--Ita

Smash Cadet
Very nice Link.
Maybe you should use more boomerang spamming,
Nice Combos and DI in 4th match, and also good Link against the other Link.
Also NB$ has a good Link.. just emprove your mindgame with him.
Black skin Link rulez ;)

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Very nice Link.
Maybe you should use more boomerang spamming,
Nice Combos and DI in 4th match, and also good Link against the other Link.
Also NB$ has a good Link.. just emprove your mindgame with him.
Black skin Link rulez ;)
Thanks, Yeah I was just watching the videos I posted and realized that I lack more boomerang and a bit of bombs.

I need more tips :( really my Link is out of shape right now since ive been using random chracters.

More Tips please!

The_Eradicator

Smash Rookie
One of the biggest things I noticed was not enough edge guarding. You don't have to do anything fancy just jump out there with a well placed nair and that will edge guard mostly anyone unless they tech really well (this is assuming the kick sends them boucing off the wall as opposed to further off the stage) Good Links though

ilikepielol

Smash Rookie
In the Falcon video, in the beggining when you grab the falcon, threw him down, and just wavedashed away, you can actually hit him with your uptilt about 3-4 times depending on his %, and right there it would have worked atleast 4 times I would say. Then worked it into an upsmash. Also with Falcon, if you grab him and throw him down, at almost any % you can do UpB to do your killer smash on him and probably kill him if he's at 100% depending where he's at on the stage. Even if he's at 150% you can still use that combo on him, he's one of the few that will still stay really low when you throw him. And as already stated, work on your edgeguarding.

Link is not notorious for killing people with smashes, if someone goes over the edge, you haul *** to make it to the edge and try to camp them.

In the Link video, not much to say about that besides NB$ is not as good with link as you are it looks like. One piece of advice I would give is when smashed into the air like you both were at one point, he pulled out a bomb while coming back to the stage, you did not. You didn't do anything but wait and then tried pulling out a bomb at a bad time, which got you killed. Always either bring out a bomb or just shoot an arrow.

And in the Peach video, once again he can't really play Peach. He can play it better then I can, but you were better with Link then he was with Peach. My advice on that fight would be up smashes on her, atleast on bigger stages. She can't withstand many up smashes above 120%, while she can survive on other bigger stages from side smashes upward of 160%.

And in the Falco video, just like I said in the Captain Falcon video, theres multiple times where you could have jugled him 3-4 hits with your uptilt but didn't. I would suggest you learn what characters it's possible to do on because it really helps with higher tier chars since most of them fall fast.

I'm not saying you did bad, I'm just saying what I would have done in that situation. Hope I gave some decent advice, maybe one of these days I'll put up a video of some of my fights.

technomancer

Smash Champion
i like pie too

anyway here goes

6/10: First of all your opponent uses way too many characters and isn't particularly good with any of them. You see mto have good combos on fastfallers (from the Falco vid), very nice Germ/Azen-ish stuff there, and just a solid grab game in general, so that was good. However, there were alot of missed aerials, many of which were just floating out in nowhere, which I take either as a sign or a missed tech or a bad prediction or trying to continue something that can't be continued.

You also had some trouble using platforms. Work on it, they're on every level except one. You should be able to waveland around them fluently, as well as continue combos using them and things like that. In the falcon vid, it definately looked like you had a brain fart every time you landed on a platform, and you got upaired several times and often went floating off somewhere with a f-air or n-air that I just didn't understand.

Tech-chasing needs work too. You're not getting the practice you need with that because you're putting out a laggy move to catch them just before they hit the ground, but being all slow about it and missing.

Top Bottom