• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Story Mode & Adventure Mode~ Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Yes, english is not my main language. But I try to do my best!

For answer to your question, if the final boss come from a serie like kirby, some people can say things like '' Why sakurai chose this serie and not this one?'' or '' Sakurai try, another time, to make is not-so-popular serie important!''

And I'm not the only to think that.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yes, english is not my main language. But I try to do my best!

For answer to your question, if the final boss come from a serie like kirby, some people can say things like '' Why sakurai chose this serie and not this one?'' or '' Sakurai try, another time, to make is not-so-popular serie important!''

And I'm not the only to think that.
That's a valid point. It could spark some discussions on why was that boss chosen for the final boss.

Having major bosses from Nintendo games following an original big bad wouldn't be a bad idea, in my opinion.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
That's a valid point. It could spark some discussions on why was that boss chosen for the final boss.

Having major bosses from Nintendo games following an original big bad wouldn't be a bad idea, in my opinion.
I'm not the first to send this idea. Other people in the begining of this thread post some ideas like this.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I get the point. Perhaps Tabuu should return as the final boss.

Hades, Bowser, K. Rool, Ganondorf, Wario, Ridley and others could be under him.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I get the point. Perhaps Tabuu should return as the final boss.

Hades, Bowser, K. Rool, Ganondorf, Wario and others could be under him.
You forgot Ridley.

If Tabuu return, how he will look? Because in SSE, he died.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oops. I added Ridley.

Tabuu's death doesn't really matter, I think. It could be a reincarnation, like Ganondorf in Zelda games.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
What if the final boss looks like someone original, created such for the game but when we breaks his darthvaderish mask he reaveals being nothing but... The dog of Duck Hunt??

Also, what if the story mode becomes more RPGish? Like: the more you use a character and the more it becomes strong. And some sections becomes accessable only if the global/average might of the team reaches a certain level.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Optional side-quests, eh? I approve. Will give the Adventure mode more replay value.

D

Deleted member

Perhaps a new game plus would be a good idea. Just play the whole game over again. But at the higher difficulty.

josh bones

Smash Lord
I think that it should be a "tabuu's revenge or at least tell us more about tabuu. Why was he here? Where was he from. Tabuu should be the main villain or at least A boss

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Maybe Tabuu can be the pre-final boss. Evreebody think he's dead. But when they discover he survived (with some consequences), they think that he's the big bad villain. When they destroy Tabuu, they discover that he was the puppet of a super powerful and evil creature.

josh bones

Smash Lord
Maybe Tabuu can be the pre-final boss. Evreebody think he's dead. But when they discover he survived (with some consequences), they think that he's the big bad villain. When they destroy Tabuu, they discover that he was the puppet of a super powerful and evil creature.
Which can only be destroyed by a final smash. I think smash balls should have had more usage

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Which can only be destroyed by a final smash. I think smash balls should have had more usage
I actually had an identical input myself. For some bosses, when they're down to just 1 HP, they'll create a barrier that can only be damaged by attacks involving Final Smashes. Once the barrier is destroyed, you just need to land one more attack to defeat the boss.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What about final smashes like Peach's.
Just being within range of the Final Smash will damage the barrier. For a clear idea on how this perspective will work, I'll use most of the Brawl fighters' Final Smashes as references.

[collapse=Perspectives]Mario Finale: The attack will damage the barrier upon contact.

Konga Beat: The sound wave that the attack makes will damage the barrier.

Triforce Slash: Only the final hit from this Final Smash will actually damage the barrier.

Zero Laser: Contact from this attack will damage the barrier.

Super Dragon: The fireballs will damage the barrier, along with simply making direct contact with it.

Landmaster: Simply ramming the barrier will damage it. The cannon can also accomplish this task.

Volt Tackle: Direct contact with the barrier will damage it.

Negative Zone: If the barrier enters the Negative Zone, it'll immediately take damage.

Blue Falcon: If the Blue Falcon successfully rams into the barrier upon execution, the barrier will take damage.

PK Starstorm: Any meteorite will damage the barrier.

Puff Up: If Jigglypuff directly touches the barrier while using the Final Smash, the barrier will be damaged.

Giga Bowser: All of Giga Bowser's offensive attacks will damage the barrier.

Peach Blossom: If the barrier is within range of the Peach Blossom, it'll be damaged.

Light Arrow: The arrow will damage the barrier.

Iceberg: Touching the iceberg will damage the barrier.

Critical Hit: If the attack lands on the barrier, the barrier will be damaged.

Octopus: Simply touching the barrier will damage it.

Galaxia Darkness: If Meta Knight's cape touches the barrier, his attack will damage it.

Palutena's Army: The barrier will be damaged if a Centurion rams into it.

Wario-Man: All of Wario-Man's offensive attacks will damage the barrier.

Power Suit Samus: Direct contact with the barrier will damage it.

Great Aether: Only when the final hit is scored will the barrier be damaged.

Rocketbarrel Barrage: The peanuts and the Rocketbarrel will damage the barrier.

End of Day: If the barrier is within attack range, it'll be damaged by this Final Smash's effects.

Aura Storm: The attack will damage the barrier upon contact.

Diffusion Beam: Direct contact will damage the barrier.

Super Sonic: Direct contact will damage the barrier.[/collapse]

And for some new Final Smash perspectives...

[collapse=Perspectives]Ultra Sword: The attack will damage the barrier upon contact.

Ganon: All of Ganon's offensive attacks will damage the barrier.

Three Sacred Treasures: Any attack involving the Three Sacred Treasures will damage the barrier.

Masked Dedede: All of Masked Dedede's offensive attacks will damage the barrier.

Omega Ridley: All of Omega Ridley's offensive attacks will damage the barrier.

Night Daze: Direct contact from this attack will damage the barrier.[/collapse]

The Final Smashes can only damage the barrier once per usage, so if the barrier has to be damaged "5" times to be destroyed, you need to do up to "5" Final Smashes to accomplish the task.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Isn't that a bit broken? you can only fight a boss for so long
Magolor's first phase is actually pretty long when you have to deal with his barrier, which is especially true with Magolor EX. Also, the barrier wouldn't be present in The Arena (Boss Battles), since Final Smashes would be inaccessible in that game mode.

josh bones

Smash Lord
Magolor's first phase is actually pretty long when you have to deal with his barrier, which is especially true with Magolor EX. Also, the barrier wouldn't be present in The Arena (Boss Battles), since Final Smashes would be inaccessible in that game mode.
I never looked at it that way

josh bones

Smash Lord
I want co-op to be more equal. None of that if player 1 dies you lose bull. Me as(insert character here) and my friend as(insert character here) levels go on to the end

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Last I've checked, boss fights are part of Adventure Mode, so boss topics are permitted in this thread.
My fault. When you started speaking about the final smashes I thought we were going off-topic.
Still, I don't like too much the idea of the final smashes in the story mode. I think they should remain a gimmink of the other modes. Thought the story mode should as well having it's own enviroment gimmiks, like the 1UP mushrooms.
About the bosses, I'd like them being kinda like the bosses of Wonder Boy 3: Monster Lair. Each one with it's own weak point that gets more subtle as the game proceed, till becoming enigmatic.
Former sample of an advanced boss: A big robot with an invincible armour nothing can destroy, but by grabbing its own rocket punch and throwing it back at him, we get it stunned and, at the same time, the hatch to his internals opens, allowing us access to his access point.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Maybe the final boss can be a dark smash ball into a super armor. The smash ball use his power to attack and his armor as a shield.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
This is a mechanic I thought to make the gameplay more tridimensional:

Basically when you reach an intersection of paths you can rotate the perspective from E-W to N-S and vice versa.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Or it does rotate automatically like in Klonoa, which, considering Namco's involvement, is pretty like to happen.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
2.5D movement? I'd love to see that. Klonoa-style would do wonders IMO!!!!

I mean I bet it'd give great sense of depth and would portray those stages very well as you move about.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Taking a cue from Paper Mario; TTYD, pipes which take the characters to to a secret area would be neat.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Final boss should be one of:

1) Evil Mii

2) Toad gone mad

3) Just a conglomeration of all of the villain characters (Bowser, Ganondorf, Dedede, MewTwo, Ridley etc)
Maybe once you complete the adventure mode you get the option of playing Villain mode and get to control the villains instead.

Made up new characters like Tabuu are never going to get people excited unless they build the character up really really well.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
UNIVERSE
I'd like the hub-based system where you're essentially visiting game worlds that would probably be represented as different continents on the same Smash Brothers planet. Some people might share an area based on similar themes and, well, lack of suitable enemies... So, Metroid and F-Zero might populate the same area and use a lot of Metroid enemies when outside of urban environments while having an F-Zero feel inside city levels.

Also, some of the levels should literally be levels and areas from the game series. Actually going through an iconic Mario world and carving up goombas or racing up Zelda's Death Mountain and dodging falling rocks seems nostalgiac and perfect.

Each world would have its own miniature story that is mostly relevant to the characters from that world that leads back to the overall story, contained in a final world that's unlocked after all the others have been played through. Worlds would be unlocked in the first place once you've unlocked the relevant playable characters.

LEVELS
Each game world would have unlockable levels where different level exits change the "story". I would want each level to essentially have a "Story Mode" and "Freeplay Mode", where in the story mode the characters you play will be predetermined and you can't play the level in Freeplay until you've beaten it in Story. Importantly, however, secret level exits wouldn't be accessible with the Story Mode default characters, so there would be a reason to go back and, say, beat a Mario level with Ness so you can use your PK Lightning to hit an impossible to reach switch.

DIALOGUE?
I would like there to be situations where every character would react the way they would normally in their games. I wouldn't want to be given the choice on how they would react... They're Nintendo characters, they already have personalities and SSB is just a good arena for them to show off who these characters are. For most characters, their reactions would probably be a vague emotional noise and an expression. For the characters with dialogue responses, I would prefer the Nintendo standby of an emotive noise paired a dialogue box with what they're actually saying instead of voicing it over.

FINAL BOSS
Also, whoever the final boss is, I would really like to see something where it's a longer, multistage boss fight where you play every single character you've unlocked. So, it's an epic battle where every time your character dies, you move onto the next one. Alternately, you would select ~5 characters you'd like to play and the rest of the cast would be joining in to help you as computer players (and inevitably being killed and dropping in the next ally you've unlocked). I think that would really give the feeling that you've built up to something and recruited allies to your cause.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Agree so much about visiting real places from their games. Very important one for me.

Also I don't think it should be one big continuous linear story.

There should be one mode for each character who does their own part of the story.
Once you've completed every characters part you then get to do the final quest and choose whichever characters you like for it.
(characters parts involve a quest or two that criss cross quests with at least 2 other characters).

Also more SSB style fights and less killing weak generic enemies. That was boring and repetitive.
Also, why not add puzzles of some kind and time challenges (i.e. break the targets with a time limit except breaking something relevant to the story).

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Sounds right to me. Also, I would kind of want enemies to be killable in the same way that they originally were as well as by just killing them... you could challenge yourself to kill the hammer bros. by jumping on them, or you could smile as you charge up a DK punch and just knock 'em out of the game.

I definitely could see some fun minigame segments that could turn into stadium events.
Example, one where you come to a gate in the Zelda world and the ghost hunter won't let you pass until you've "caught" enough poes. Catching meaning going to a graveyard and breaking graves to summon ghosts and slamming them down or sideways into large bottles.
"Heh heh heh, you're becoming quite the ghost hunter, aren't you? Well, you've earned your way, go ahead. Come back and see me soon, I might not be here much longer, heh heh heh."

Or a Mushroom Kingdom event where you have to cross a rickety bridge while bullet bills are being constantly shot at you. Lots of fun options that could be unlocked for the stadium, really.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Sounds right to me. Also, I would kind of want enemies to be killable in the same way that they originally were as well as by just killing them... you could challenge yourself to kill the hammer bros. by jumping on them, or you could smile as you charge up a DK punch and just knock 'em out of the game.

I definitely could see some fun minigame segments that could turn into stadium events.
Example, one where you come to a gate in the Zelda world and the ghost hunter won't let you pass until you've "caught" enough poes. Catching meaning going to a graveyard and breaking graves to summon ghosts and slamming them down or sideways into large bottles.
"Heh heh heh, you're becoming quite the ghost hunter, aren't you? Well, you've earned your way, go ahead. Come back and see me soon, I might not be here much longer, heh heh heh."

Or a Mushroom Kingdom event where you have to cross a rickety bridge while bullet bills are being constantly shot at you. Lots of fun options that could be unlocked for the stadium, really.
Exactly the kind of things that would break up the monotony of Brawls adventure mode.
Also, I hope it is more challenging.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I wonder what the world breakdown would be. Here are my thoughts for what it would be given the current Brawl characters + villains and characters I think will get in. I'm thinking essentially playing four "good guys" who at least think they're fighting a "bad guy" for each world story arc.

Mushroom Kingdom
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi
vs.
Bowser

The Wilderness
DK, Diddy, Ice Climbers, Sonic
vs.
K.Rool

Arcane Kingdom
Link, Zelda, Ike, Marth
vs.
Ganondorf

The Great Capitol
Samus/Z-Suit Samus, Captain Falcon, ROB, Solid Snake
vs.
Ridley

Dream Land
Kirby, Meta Knight, Ness, Lucas
vs.
King Dedede

Pokemon Country
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Pokemon Trainer
vs.
Mewtwo (or other pokemonish villain, I'm sure some pokemon's gonna get in)

Orbital Array
Star Fox, Falco, Captain Olimar,
vs.
Star Wolf

The Lost Islands
Game&Watch, Pit, Toon Link
vs.
Wario
*After these worlds have been completed, it unlocks the story arcs where you go through the "villains" story.
Desolate Wasteland Front
Bowser, King Dedede, K.Rool, Wario
vs.
Non-playable villain or Secret Character
Desolate Wasteland Back
Ganondorf, Ridley, Mewtwo, Star Wolf
vs.
Another non-playable villain or Secret Character
FINALLY, after completing all the "good guy" arcs and these two "bad guy" arcs, the total story comes together with all of the playable characters to defeat the final area and boss. Fin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom