• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stop picking FD on "with anyone"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trozz

Smash Ace
'With Anyone' is a horrible game mode.
I'd rather 1v1 against a level 9 Random comp.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
The new FD is a HORRIBLE stage...please pick Smashville, Yoshi's Island (Wii version), Battlefield, etc. instead.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Yes, I really dislike Final Destination, but you can't tell people not to pick it. :/

Smashville, Battlefield, and Yoshi's Island are way better.

Looper

Smash Journeyman
i agree, i find final destination really annoying when playing "with anyone" it's fine in a 1v1 though. it's just so much more fun to play other stages

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
Internet argument lol.
Well I figured since the general consensus of this board was that With Anyone is awful I needn't go into the specifics of my reasoning but here you go.

1. Less lag (friend codes help as longa s you know the regions of the people you are connecting to and their relative internet speeds.
2. Stock matches
3. A little more personal (I like at least knowing who I am fighting even if it is just a screen name)
4. Generally more consistent (in terms of challenge, when you play the same people again and again you know each other's relative strengths and weaknesses. In Anyone it's virtually a crapshoot if you'll get someone good or not).
5. Far less camping mentality (your milage may vary but this has been consistent at least for me)
6. Custom stages (just can't use them on with anyone)
7. Ability to put in AIs (sometimes I like doing 2v2 with friends against AIs even if it isn't as challenging as people)
8. More options (Turning items off, affecting random stages)
9. Setting your own rules (i.e. projectiles only matches with Pit and Link - since you can communicate with the person)
10. More extra modes (home run, multi man etc)

Again your milage may vary on these since you probably don't care about some of them but as far as I'm concerned With Friends is better than With Anyone for at least these reasons.

vonfinell

Smash Apprentice
The new Final Destination is a platform made of frozen and solidified lamesauce....as they say in the old country.

The sliding edges was what made the original such a great stage. There was no fear for space animals that got trapped underneath, because their non-canon and completely inexplicable flame shooting rocket booster would glide up the platform and they'd grab onto the edge, making ******** KOs something that never happened.
This effect also occured to help Sheik mains such as myself, although it couldn't be seen since Sheik is (obviously) invisible during the teleportation sequence.

However, the new FD doesn't have that feature, and in fact almost everyone's recovery gets screwed over if they're coming from underneath. Ike's sword gets caught up in the alcove in the ledge, Sheik will reappear crammed inside the platform, and the space animals will grind their heads into it hopelessly.
But if that wasn't enough, now the sliding phenomenon can occur downwards! So if I'm playing as Sheik and I teleport to the left while I'm PARALLEL TO THE LEDGE, I'll reappear at the bottom of the stage and go falling hopelessly to my doom.

This stage sucks, and stop picking it on with anyone....now.

Moreover, Nintendo needs to make with anyone work at a plausible speed, but I guess we need to fight one battle at a time.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I'm so sick of it. It's not good for FFA's
I hate when people pick it too much, especially inexperienced players that are between casual/tourney go-ers. Some of them don't even know that there are other nuetral stages to be played in tourney beside FD.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
I had a group of people in WA today that picked FD about 10 times in a row. Boy am I a ******* for sticking with that group. I tried picking Smashville, BF, Yoshi's Island, and Lylat Cruise time after time to no avail. >_<

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
online overall is kinda crappy :/
with friends is fun but the lag really makes it harder to punish people
even with a good connection

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
the biggest problem with FD while I play online is definately the lag. After 15-30 seconds, I lose my connection with the ppl.

Tainted_Knives

Smash Cadet
^ sounds like a personal problem to me...

Final Destination is the best stage IMO simply because it's so neutral. No Platforms, No Giant Beam Cannon, No Man-eating plant or Fish...the list goes on...

I choose it almost everytime and will continue to do so...if anything, to annoy ppl like you...

Slike

Smash Cadet
Actually, everyone says 'I like FD ecause it's not cheap. It has no randomness to kill you. It's not hectic at all.' But actually, it's just so small is what I hate. Ness frankly stinks on final destination as a character. I never win there, but I win everywhere else.

Oh, and someone said something about recoveries. Ness's recovery, if it's not difficult enough to use, hillariously rebounds off the stage.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I think FD is a pretty good stage for FFA's.

Unless you're really bad at the game or something.

J18

Smash Journeyman
good lord FD is certainly better then rumble falls.
RUMBLE FALLS. WHY DO IT. IT IS BEYOND ME WHY ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD CHOOSE RUMBLE FALLS, REGARDLESS OF THE SITUATION. yet there's always someone who does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom