• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stop making "Looking for Brawlers!" topics They will be locked AND WARNED. Read why!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
"I'm looking for someone to play right now!"

Use the Smashboards Brawl Finder instead. Make sure you add your Brawl code to your profile!

smashboards.com/ff/

For more information, read this!
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142251

"I can't use the Friend Finder--it tells me I'm not logged in!"
Read the error message carefully, and do what it says:
You are no longer logged in to Smash Boards. You must be logged in in order to use the Friend Finder. Load Smash Boards, log in, and press "Try Again" below. If you are logged in and keep getting this message, make sure you are logged in to both smashboards.com (without the www) and www.smashboards.com. If all else fails, send a PM to Kirby King.

"The Friend Finder never loads for me!"
Either the servers might be experiencing technical difficulties, or your browser might be having problems. If you're always getting a "Loading Friend Finder..." message, make sure your browser is up to date and that you've got JavaScript enabled.

"I'm using the Friend Finder, but no one's online!"
This is either because there really isn't anyone online (which, at the moment, is not particularly likely) or you're in a room. On the status bar in the Friend Finder, the second box over will either be a drop down menu or an input form. If it's a drop down menu, choose "All" and then press "Update". If it's an input form, empty the box and click outside of it (this will turn it into a drop down menu) and then select "All" and update. If this doesn't work, try reloading the Friend Finder--if you're not in a room and a refresh doesn't help, there probably just isn't anyone online.

"I don't want to play now, I'm just looking for people who are near me"
If you aren't necessarily interested in playing a match right this second, head to your Regional Zone and look for a friend code sharing thread for your region. Don't post one in here!

Popuri

Smash Apprentice
wow nice tool!

now i just need************************** a copy of brawl and I'm set n_n)b

thanks to who ever made it, you rule.

owari771

Smash Rookie
eh i dont see the point in this, i been at it for an hour and nothing happend, its far easier to just post when you want to brawl.

domiNate

Smash Apprentice
Why doesn't smashboards just have a region discussion devided into five or so regions of the U.S.? In that discussion, people could post asking for friend codes around their area. That would help with all this mess and it wouldn't be hard to use like that one link. I've seen this done on other sites and it worked great.

I<3Shiek

Smash Apprentice
Just a random question...

But why does it take a RIDICULOUS amount of system resources when I run SWF Friend Finder?

Firefox typically takes like, 5-10%, but then I run it, and it locks up at 95%+ resources. O.o

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Why doesn't smashboards just have a region discussion devided into five or so regions of the U.S.? In that discussion, people could post asking for friend codes around their area. That would help with all this mess and it wouldn't be hard to use like that one link. I've seen this done on other sites and it worked great.
You mean like the regional rooms under the tournament section? In fact, if you look in those rooms, there ARE Brawl FC topics.

I<3sheik: I'm not sure, I'll let Kirby King know.

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
hey im looking for ppl to brawl via wifi whos up someone wanna do one on one or double teams?

fc 3222 5222 6577 my gamer tag is ice

Nymphetamine

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible to a part of the website that has a realtime chat?? i dont know much about how websites work but is that possible?

mventre

Smash Apprentice
I got a question, how does this friend finder know when someone is seeking a brawl or is currently brawling? I don't see any options where it lets you state your status or does it somehow know when you're playing online?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I got a question, how does this friend finder know when someone is seeking a brawl or is currently brawling? I don't see any options where it lets you state your status or does it somehow know when you're playing online?
At the bottom is a little menu thing that you can choose to mark yourself either as Brawling, Looking for Brawl or just Online.

Nymphetamine, you say it isn't working. Are you getting an error message? If so, what does it say?

obylix

Smash Rookie
I'm sure its due to the popularity of Brawl at the moment, but the Friend Finder page is getting way over loaded during peak times. Makes it almost impossible to find other's FCs when I get home from work and am ready to play.

Maybe thing will get better but for now a few of us are limited to posts like "list your FCs"

Hopefully the servers or the dynamic content of the page can be tweaked to give better performance during heavy load.

quinn95

Smash Journeyman
When it loads it sais you are not loged in to smashboards, then i log out and log back in and it still sais that. why?

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
The error message should tell you to make sure you're logged into smashboards.com (without the www), and if you are, with the www too. If you still have problems try clearing your cookies, but this is almost always the issue when people have problems logging in. Basically you need to be sure whatever address you're using to load the Friend Finder is the one you're logged in on. (By the way, there's a convenient link that opens up a pop-up with the Friend Finder in it, so you can leave it open in a more compact window--it uses smashboards.com without the www, so make sure you're logged in there if you use it.)

As for system resources being an issue, it might be because the server is kind of overloaded. I noticed in some of my testing that when the server was slow, Firefox sometimes got busy--can't say exactly why (or whether it's a Friend Finder issue or a Firefox issue), but it only happened when the server was slow to respond.

I<3Shiek

Smash Apprentice
The error message should tell you to make sure you're logged into smashboards.com (without the www), and if you are, with the www too. If you still have problems try clearing your cookies, but this is almost always the issue when people have problems logging in. Basically you need to be sure whatever address you're using to load the Friend Finder is the one you're logged in on. (By the way, there's a convenient link that opens up a pop-up with the Friend Finder in it, so you can leave it open in a more compact window--it uses smashboards.com without the www, so make sure you're logged in there if you use it.)

As for system resources being an issue, it might be because the server is kind of overloaded. I noticed in some of my testing that when the server was slow, Firefox sometimes got busy--can't say exactly why (or whether it's a Friend Finder issue or a Firefox issue), but it only happened when the server was slow to respond.

Appreciate the response. ^^

I was just using it and was like "Ah, why is it taking me 20 seconds to switch tabs?" Firefox just got locked up miserably bad because of it, 4 gigs of RAM in this computer, and I was running nothing but that, AIM, and Itunes, not even an anti-virus or anything. @_@;

Nymphetamine

Smash Apprentice
At the bottom is a little menu thing that you can choose to mark yourself either as Brawling, Looking for Brawl or just Online.

Nymphetamine, you say it isn't working. Are you getting an error message? If so, what does it say?

Sorry for the slow reply i was talking to people on aim for help using and not using WWW and clearing my cookies ect, i use firefox but it keeps telling me im not loged in and i can use other net broswers but i get the same message

Dais

Smash Cadet
I thought there would be more than 3 people on the "smashboards" friend finder. Also I don't know exactly how it works. How do you start matches with people? Just add their brawl numbers in your game, start a brawl room and hope they join???

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
When on the Friend finder click on someones name to send them a challenge. If hey accept, the FF automatically swaps your friend codes, and then you both add each other and off you go.

Nymphetamine

Smash Apprentice
weird but for some reason it feels like working now and its pretty nice on how it works thanks for it

Dais

Smash Cadet
Okay, Mic_128, I got it working. Me and Freeman123 just threw down, lol. The FriendFinder Does work and it has alot of potential. I was on early in the morning and it probably just didn't have many people on it. It would work really well if it had a ton of people in there. Everyone on SmashBoards needs to go there regularly to bump up the chances of fighting someone close to you. Now I just got to gather a bunch o Friend Codes. :)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If there isn't one there already, I'll be suprised. But yeah, they're okay in the regional rooms, though they'll still suffer from people not updating or adding people after they add their number, ect.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
K, thanks. I may use this if my friend isn't available... which hasn't happened yet.

FmAiGkGeO

Smash Cadet
Whoops, just posted a looking for post. I tried the friend finder though and it never says I'm logged on when I obviously am.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
hes right its better then spamming L> for brawlers 1337s only 1v1 no itamz final des

DanteSmash7

Smash Apprentice
How do you input your info as I do not see it.....

I see 1 vs 1 and what not and info but it doesn't allow me to put any info. *sigh*

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
there's a box at the bottom where you can type what you want to be dsiplayed in.

Top Bottom