• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

stop hating on down-A in the air.

slickmasterizzy

Smash Apprentice
shiek is easily comboed in the air due to her low priority air attacks.

if someone who knows they out prioritize you is juggling you in the air (like freaking luigi)

when he comes at you and youve already been hit a few times down-A!

its not useless its quite an awesome move, its not so much an attack as a way to get back on the ground where shiek really shines.

mm needles and f-tilt.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Using dair to get back to the ground is risky, especially if they use a strong or ranged move that beats it out. In addition, it's got quite the startup, so you're essentially forced to commit to the attack if you're trying to outguess your opponent's juggles.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I've recently been experimenting with using dair as an edgeguard. Double jump dair allows you to still vanish to the ledge............not too useful but i'm just begging to find an excuse to make this move not completely worthless.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i will NEVEr stop hating on the dair

its a ****ty move!!!!

the only time i would really commit to using it

is to hit olimar thru his usmash

but then i can just nair! ahh ****

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Using dair to get back to the ground is risky, especially if they use a strong or ranged move that beats it out. In addition, it's got quite the startup, so you're essentially forced to commit to the attack if you're trying to outguess your opponent's juggles.
I have to agree.
I've recently been experimenting with using dair as an edgeguard. Double jump dair allows you to still vanish to the ledge............not too useful but i'm just begging to find an excuse to make this move not completely worthless.
I said this months ago. You are tright when yoiu say "not useful". They get to the stage and you are the one recovering.

I do find it useful to Dair to recover from high up and Vanish to catch the ledge. It is a good anti juggle if you are at the upper corners.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
The only times I use the dair is..

1. I'm hit in the upper corner of the screen and my opponent doesn't seem to be taking steps to edgeguard off stage so I dair toward the ledge into either sweet spot or vansh/chain.

2. if I predict a ledge attack a good mix up is full hop into dair, dair priority can beat most get up attacks.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
recovery mix ups.... If I'm coming back high and they try to go high I'll dair to beat them down to the edge.

um... dair has really good priority it seems so agianst a lot of characters it won't be beat... most people don't play characters like that.

gm jack

Smash Lord
I use it as a mix up, because the stall can throw off the spacing , if they are expecting another response. Still, only using it one of twice a game max, but as a mix up, it's uniqueness can keep them guessing if you remind them that she does in fact have a down air.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I'm not endorsing this as a regular attack or anything, but I've been able to stagespike with it a few times.

When someone is recovering at higher percentages, jump once, d-air, jump again and vanish recover.

The knockback of D-air seems a little odd. Even when facing forwards, your opponent will go behind you (making it easy to stagespike them.)

Even if it's a cool use for the move, there are always better options than d-air.

slickmasterizzy

Smash Apprentice
true d-air does have a bit of start up but characters with fast b-air/f-air (that out prioritize or out range you) spam it to purposely cause move deterioration so they can juggle you with it.

they come at you with a f-air if you air dodge they stay right on top of you and b-air.

i don't think d-air has very good priority but if you get high enough on the stage Ive been able to usually d-air to get back to the stage. otherwise they can keep attempting to juggle.

hey i didn't say its the best move in the world =p I'm just saying it has its uses. not as much as an attack but more so as a utility.

oh and i like the fact that it slightly moves you up before you come down, it helps to throw your opponent off.

hey all in all, don't spam it whenever your in the air but if you throw it in once or twice in a game it isn't going to hurt you as a player =p

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
Lol I know that for a long time already. Sonics frequently used this. Kinda.

HizoSturm

Smash Apprentice
i think sheiks down air is alright.... her melee down air is better though. i still like brawl better.
ಠ_ಠ dont judge me

Top Bottom