• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stop: HammerTime

Sneaky 2.0

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2724-1598-9725
man the updates have been hella dry foreever now except for ice climbers if even that is somewhat exciting
You really don't like this one? It's so long and detailed. That's why I liked updates like My Music and Special Brawl.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'm interested in how he worded the update, the item itself doesn't interest me the least bit, really. I guess it might be fun to use...

Anyways:

Smash Bros. DOJO!! said:
It’s even more powerful than a normal hammer. And it’s even more rare.
Rare? I thought all items where set at equal chance of appearing...

Joshua368

Smash Apprentice
So the Gold hammer can break too....kind of weird how the head changes to a normal hammer from Melee....oh well,,, HAMMER HEAD THROWING IS BACK WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! XDDDD
No, there are two separate hammers. The regular one has its head thrown off, the new golden one can sometimes be squeaky.

Definitely sounds like an interesting penalty... and it seems like you won't notice it until you've already made contact with somebody, as opposed to the other hammer where you have time to run away.

Sneaky 2.0

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2724-1598-9725
Rare? I thought all items where set at equal chance of appearing...
Not true. Even if you set items to Very High, and only put on Barrel Cannon, you could go a whole match without finding one.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Not true. Even if you set items to Very High, and only put on Barrel Cannon, you could go a whole match without finding one.
I noticed that and never understood that.

However, I always thought that was a glitch. When I turned on other items on very high WITH the Barrel Cannon it would appear quite commonly, as opposed to having it on very high by itself I never see one.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I played Super Mario Bros., Ice Climber, Duck Hunt and Zelda (to name a few) on the NES when i was a little girl.

Now i am an adult, and I have decent knowledge of Nintendo's history.

And.....................I never heard of Wrecking Crew ...........:urg::urg::urg:

That's kinda funny, because I never really played the classics like Zelda or Metroid on the NES, but I knew ALL about Wrecking Crew >_>

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
No, there are two separate hammers. The regular one has its head thrown off, the new golden one can sometimes be squeaky.

Definitely sounds like an interesting penalty... and it seems like you won't notice it until you've already made contact with somebody, as opposed to the other hammer where you have time to run away.
Im srry were u just trying to insult me???????????????? :confused:

EDIT: Oh wait nver mind Now I see what U meant LOL im srry (^^)v

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
It said it's more powerful than your average hammer. How the hell can you get any more powerfull than that? ~60% per swing? One hit KO? O_o

The regular hammer only does 22% damage per hit. You can easily make something more powerful. In fact, I'm pretty sure there are several items/special moves in Melee that do more damage.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
The regular hammer only does 22% damage per hit. You can easily make something more powerful. In fact, I'm pretty sure there are several items/special moves in Melee that do more damage.
actually no the regular hammer did 20% per hit in SSBMwhile the one that appeard in the first SSB did 30% per hit

Sneaky 2.0

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2724-1598-9725
I wonder how much damage the Squeaky one will do

no wait ...better question.......How hard am i going to laugh when it starts squeaking XDDDDD
Especially when it's your opponent who grabbed it. At least you should still be able to float in midair.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I wonder... will you be able to float during the whole duration of the barrage?

And if you're floating, can you jump?

And if you can jump while floating, can you start floating again?

And if you can jump while floating and jump again, can you float again?

ZOMG! GOLDEN HAMMER MAKES YOU FLY! [/rumor]

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I wonder if u can make only this item appear by using the item switch...that is if they put in the item switch back....

Hey speaking of which ( Off topic srry ) do u think they'll be an option to change the number of appreancec of a Smash Ball?????

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
An alright update, I guess.

One thing I got out of it is it seems like Sakurai will only update on older items if they're note worthy. He kind of wove the original hammer in with this one. He made a post for the crates because they have new aspects. He made a post for the bumper as it was making a triumphant return. Et cetera.

In other words, I don't think we have a reason to dread the infamous "Beam Sword" update. That is, of course, unless they made the item quite more complex and interesting than before. But... how could you make a beam sword less simplistic?

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
THE HAMMER IS A MARIO ITEM!!!
i thought it was DK's
the old hammer used to do 22% damage
but this one 33%or44%damage i think

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I have high hopes for a Shine Sprite item that's like a Starman, but causes damage to those who the user contacts and adds extra effects to attacks.
I have a great idea for a Shine Sprite!
(Thanks for the inspiration)

Shine Sprite falls, bounces around like a Starman. Player jumps into it-- {Shine Sprite chime}/{blinding flash}-- all the players opponents are woozy and blinded! Free shots!

yoshi_friend

Smash Apprentice
wut do u think its other special powers could be? maybe you could have infinite jump with it.

Top Bottom