• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stop: HammerTime

tirkaro

Smash Champion
GRRR! TOO MANY ITEM UPDATES!!!!:mad:

but anyway, if I ever do use this item, and I'm playing with my friends, I'm going to say 'HIKARI NI NAAAAAAAAARRREEEEEE!!!!!!!*" every time I hit someone

*anyone who gets the reference gets a cookie ;p

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I like this update (incidentally, people need to STOP WHINING ABOUT THE UPDATES)

I notice that the classic hammer still has a bit of a head when the main head falls off. I wonder if it will still do SOME damage this time around if the head falls off.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I like this update (incidentally, people need to STOP WHINING ABOUT THE UPDATES)

I notice that the classic hammer still has a bit of a head when the main head falls off. I wonder if it will still do SOME damage this time around if the head falls off.
Yeah, that's just an optical illusion.

That pick-axe like thing? That's just a background element. To be precise, part of the solar clock.

By the way, it didn't show up on the item list, but it could be just my compy.

For the direct link:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/item10.html

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
i dint know mario was also a demolisher lol
What isn't Mario? What can't Mario Do. He killed the sun with a Koopa Shell to show his almighty plumberhood. Forget Capt. Falcon, Mario is the Chuck of Video gaming
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys two anouncements:

If you haven't noticed you can post your own made avatars for the future smash boards use if you wish. The link is here http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2879588#post2879588 . The News is however those who can't make a 75x75 avatar just PM me the pic and I'll do it for you. You can also click the homeless banner and make it yourself.

on a second note i made a direct link to the smash blog page for those who prefer that style. Just click the awesome looking dancing trapinch.

LBB

Smash Rookie
this is cool, we can float now too xD.
It also confirms Hammer. anyone notice the orig. hammer looks like a pickaxe without the head?
or has it always been like that?

edit: nvm, its part of the bg >.<

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just like the original Hammer, you pick it up and go nuts, waving it around, hitting people. However this Hammer is more powerful, though more rare, so don't expect it to show up much in tournament play.
I had to fix your post there.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Nice. I think >.< He's been giving us alot of Items lately. Atleast give us more Pokeballs (I'm a Pokefan, if you can't already tell.)
Amen. I'd like to see What Kyogre and Rayquaza do..

The Golden Hammer is certainly a interesting update. I just kinda hope we get the Blue Turtle shell as an Item. Especially with there being a Mario Kart Stage.
It could like Target the person with the best score or most stock. Or do the opposite and target the person with the most damage.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
GRRR! TOO MANY ITEM UPDATES!!!!:mad:

but anyway, if I ever do use this item, and I'm playing with my friends, I'm going to say 'HIKARI NI NAAAAAAAAARRREEEEEE!!!!!!!*" every time I hit someone

*anyone who gets the reference gets a cookie ;p
Hm...well I know that Hikari means Light..but I don't have a clue about the rest.

I don't really see the point of this update. It's just a buffed up hammer that can screw you over pretty badly. *coughsqueakyhammercough* And the floating doesn't seem useful...at least it confirmed a returning item, the regular Hammer.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Okay, first of all

Mic, you win with the best Title. XD

Second, I like this item. It's pretty powerful, and it seems Sakurai is seperating items for those that are common, and those that are rare.

Can we say seperation of common pokeballs and Rare pokeballs? :D

Also, you should hover just as long as you have the item. If it dissipears from you in mid air, it would mean you lost your third jump. My 2 cents about this item.

Florida

イーグランツ
Will other items spawn on that pedastool, seeing as it's "important"?
Boring Monday update, but at least the actually size of the update was rather lengthy.
Plus I like the idea of the squeaky hammer, haha :laugh:

Edit:
And it's always good to see more screens on how ridiculously huge Bowser has become. Down + B Special: EAT!

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
That I wonder, how many super items are there? Could there be a mega mushroom? How about a blue shell (from Mario Kart). what about the possibilty of grabbing a master or a GS ball that carries a extraordinary definite legendary poke. It would be cool if this wasn't an isolated event.

Lumancer

Smash Apprentice
Oh... gosh... this is so amusing! Squeaksqueaksqueaksqueak! I love it! ^_^

Seriously though, of the new items this looks by far more entertaining than the others we've been shown, except for obviously the Assist Trophy. Can't wait for the next update tonight!

xenogears23

Smash Apprentice
i;m sort against the idea of stronger form of the hammer.....i mean who uses the hammer?

NOOBS!

but somehow this item appeals to me

must be cause i like shiny objects

lmao

Chari

Smash Apprentice
i;m sort against the idea of stronger form of the hammer.....i mean who uses the hammer?

NOOBS!

but somehow this item appeals to me

must be cause i like shiny objects

lmao
You are a noob then cuz using hammers pwns them lol plus shiny hammers pwn hardcore.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
that would be so funny if there were two Golden Hammers together and then Both the Ice Climbers got them...then we'd have to Run XDDDD

......................................Oh dear this forum died...... Oo

Sneaky 2.0

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2724-1598-9725
that would be so funny if there were two Golden Hammers together and then Both the Ice Climbers got them...then we'd have to Run XDDDD

......................................Oh dear this forum died...... Oo
Just wait... someone will come soon. It just takes time.

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
Anyone think of GaoGaiGar on this one?

If you kill with this hammer, you must shout "HIKARI NI NARE" in your opponent's face. It's only natural.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Do you have to keep tapping a button now to swing the hammer? It says "If you rapidly tap the button...". But it doesn't say which button. It says "the", like it's referring to the button you use to swing the hammer.

Why does it have the mushroom icon? Didn't the hammer technically first appear in a Donkey Kong game. I think that it should have the DK icon. Unless the golden hammer is from a Mario game, but I've never seen the golden hammer before.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai...

First you deconfirm Lyn, then give us a hammer update...

HURRY UP AND CONFIRM HECTOR!

Sneaky 2.0

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2724-1598-9725
yeah this weapon is cool but it was a kind of lame update 4 me, its just basically a normal hammer on steroids
Except when it squeaks. Then it's a fake normal hammer on steroids. :D

And lucky you, you got the 69th post.

Sneaky 2.0

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2724-1598-9725
yeah i know, i am waiting for big updates, like a newcomers and stuff!!! forget the item stuff for noww i want new characters!!!!!
Imagine if all of the characters were revealed by now. Let's say Ice Climbers, just for the sake of argument, was revealed and was the last one in the whole game, including hidden characters. Would you still visit the site? I rather LIKE this update. It's detailed.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
So the Gold hammer can break too....kind of weird how the head changes to a normal hammer from Melee....oh well,,, HAMMER HEAD THROWING IS BACK WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! XDDDD

Top Bottom