• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stop dying on Yoshis.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I come bearing gifts.

You cannot cling to or walljump on the red highlighted areas.
You cannot cling to or walljump below the camera.
You can only cling to the green lines in this image.
The red dots are joints between the straight lines on the wall and hold no significance whatsoever. The red dots do not represent points. There is no space between the green lines.
Dantarion is a god for both creating BrawlWall and getting the BrawlWall screenshots for me to superimpose onto a snapshot of Yoshi's.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
We might want wanna check BrawlWall if we can find any secret wall collision areas.

it might be interesting.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I like the part where it says the dots have no significance non whatsoever, yet you take the time to point them out anyway.

This is helpful to me because I play a character that can walljump.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Isn't thid kind of common sense? What is the point of wallclinging when there is a ledge literally right beside you.

Then again, this is useful to show how the stage works. Could you do more with other stages like FD?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Isn't thid kind of common sense? What is the point of wallclinging when there is a ledge literally right beside you.

Then again, this is useful to show how the stage works. Could you do more with other stages like FD?

On many stages, if edgehogged, you can cling directly to the ledge themselves, as it is usually placed on a wall. However, on Yoshi's Island (Brawl), the area around the ledge is designated as a "No Wall Jump" zone, meaning that if you attempt to wall cling or wall jump there, you will smash into the stage and die instead of clinging to the wall like you would on other stages.

HQ5

Smash Apprentice
^I think hichez might have meant that we do this for the other stages. (i.e. post pictures of the other stages showing the areas where we can('t) wallcling)

That would be extremely helpful indeed but would probably take a while to complete experimenting on....

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
^I think hichez might have meant that we do this for the other stages. (i.e. post pictures of the other stages showing the areas where we can('t) wallcling)

That would be extremely helpful indeed but would probably take a while to complete experimenting on....
I guess so, but most of the other stages (sans Frigate Orpheon's left edge), are usually self-explanatory. Yoshi's is really a special case because people die to that little wall so often.

Rayku

Smash Lord
No, hichez was just implying that Yoshi's isn't a competitive stage, whereas he is dead wrong LOL

I would hope most people already know this, but it's good to get an absolute definition of where you can wallcling. Get one for Final Destination :)

HQ5

Smash Apprentice
No, hichez was just implying that Yoshi's isn't a competitive stage, whereas he is dead wrong LOL

I would hope most people already know this, but it's good to get an absolute definition of where you can wallcling. Get one for Final Destination :)
I second the motion. :)

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245

Wow, you always pretend to misinterpret my post.

Anyway wall cling maps could be helpful for the battlefield wall cling find. Just saying.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
YAY! Now I know why I keep freaking failing at WCing there. -___-;

I can pretty much tell where I can cling on FD, but if you could post a pic of that stage's limitations that would be swell. :)

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
YAY! Now I know why I keep freaking failing at WCing there. -___-;

I can pretty much tell where I can cling on FD, but if you could post a pic of that stage's limitations that would be swell. :)
Bleh, fine. I'm a bit busy now so I'll finish it later. Anyways, this is FD's map.

You see that straight line?
It's that little slope under the ledge-

...Actually screw it. I've explained this so much and people just get confused. To cling to the ledge, cling here.

I'm sort of busy, so I'll superimpose it onto a picture later.

xxpatgxx

Smash Journeyman
We can plank on YI's here's how it's done. Jump towards the stage and hold the direction you're heading towards, without letting go. Now lucario will cling to the edges, and while still holding the direction of the attached wall you can just keep pressing jump, and he will jump on the edge if no one is there, and if someone is there you can just double jump over them or use up B. I use it a lot, but I don't know how useful it can be yet.

Top Bottom