• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

stolen setup | d1 | SWAG! | #hbc | ballin | thuglyfe

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i said its not in town's best interest to lynch themselves. i wasn't referring to you specifically and it had nothing to do with what I thought your alignment was.

but clearly i don't think you're town hence the vote.

but ok

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
actually, why did you just switch off chaco to me? was there something in my last 2 votes that made you feel some type of way?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
yea its probz adum + chaco

but i think we should go chaco first for likely the same reason you think we should go adum first.

vote chaco

Chaco

Never Logs In
because you're being a slimey brown-noser.
Scumhunting of the year award. Lol.

No, I'm not. What he suggested was what anyone who read the games previous runs would suggest regardless of alignment.

From gonig for Adum to against, mac.

Adum is obv scum, I just don't know which of you or gorf is the other atm.

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
@ adumbrodeus adumbrodeus I actually have no idea. I thought they were good Q's though. But if you wanna be unhelpful and ignore my legitimate scum hunting be my guest. Can't really see any town reason for you not to explain your thought process.

I didn't see any reason for you to switch to me because of what I posted esp when you were just so adamantly like 'die scum die' to chaco. One reason could be you looked over my older posts again and came to the conclusion that you liked me better as scum than chaco and if that's the case you could just said that.

But w/e.. you're scum so there's no point tryna hash this out with you

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
Vote: chaco

Money where my mouth is. Chaco and Adum can one of you vote the other so me n gorf can kill one of you.

Adum you should vote chaco to prove that your odd bull**** interactions with him earlier weren't just distancing. Not that it'll save you in lylo but at least the game will end sooner

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
You really couldn't figure out why I suddenly switched from saying you have a pure towntell to going after you? To randomly getting a townread on gorf when he was playing just as slimy and safe as chaco? Why I wouldn't explain anything?

Yes, you're the other townbro, BUT TOWN ALONE CAN'T LYNCH THIS GAME DAY.

What I was trying to do was get myself lynched, kill gorf, then kill chaco next game day. I had way more confidence in my read on you then my ability to actually convince you i'm town next game day, so getting the flip and the dayvig was purely optimal. In order for it to be effective and actually get lynched I had to convince scum I would've killed you rather then one of them.

I see no disadvantage in explaining this now, no way they'll confirm me, but since town solely controls all future lynches I can actually play.... like a mother****ing townie.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
you really expected me to extrapolate your entire convoluted plan from that anti-town behavior?

there's so many things wrong with that last post and i'm tryna resist my urge to point all of them out.... but im pre sure im gonna fail

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
**** it
  • yes town alone can't lynch, but scum alone can't either. so if anything it'll just be a stalemate which is not terrible for town and is not really something you have to "plan" around like you suggest
  • that plan sucks, why would you think you couldn't convince me of your towniness?
  • how is lynching chaco first non-optimal? it's better to lynch someone you think is scum then to lynch someone you know is town (aka yourself)
  • I would have already been down to lynch you, so your behavior is unnecessary cuz chaco thought you were scum. me, you and chaco would have been enough.
  • also "imma act really scummy so i can get lynched" is a terrible plan / excuse. sounds more like you were just scummy and tried to justify your behavior in retrospect.
whatever it's obvious at this point that i'm town, and if chaco is scum i'm gonna vote you in lylo. if you're town then know it's your fault that you got lynched for making yourself obviously scummy and then sucking at getting yourself lynched.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
**** it
  • yes town alone can't lynch, but scum alone can't either. so if anything it'll just be a stalemate which is not terrible for town and is not really something you have to "plan" around like you suggest
  • that plan sucks, why would you think you couldn't convince me of your towniness?
  • how is lynching chaco first non-optimal? it's better to lynch someone you think is scum then to lynch someone you know is town (aka yourself)
  • I would have already been down to lynch you, so your behavior is unnecessary cuz chaco thought you were scum. me, you and chaco would have been enough.
  • also "imma act really scummy so i can get lynched" is a terrible plan / excuse. sounds more like you were just scummy and tried to justify your behavior in retrospect.
whatever it's obvious at this point that i'm town, and if chaco is scum i'm gonna vote you in lylo. if you're town then know it's your fault that you got lynched for making yourself obviously scummy and then sucking at getting yourself lynched.
1. Scum can delay past d1 at which point town loses their dayvig/free confirmation. Or if scum is truly convinced that town has the right reads then it's a perma-stalemate. It's to town's advantage to lie about their reads in this setup.

2. Bingo motherf***er. Chaco was literally throwing **** against the wall to see what sticks and you still lynched me, I can't convince people for sh**.

3. Wait you didn't know this? Town lynched d1 doesn't die and is instead confirmed as town, then gets to pick a dayvig target. This is very non-optimal situation because since I'm unconfirmed you now think I'm scum.

4. The point was actually getting your and chaco's votes on me on the same time, which was the problem.

5. Lol, so why am I suddenly switching to explaining everything? This setup advantages town lying about everything now and once they have lynch control again playing with their cards on the table.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
this assumes your plan was to actually get yourself lynched which i have no reason to take your word for
You should know me a s**tload better then that, no way I'd just randomly start flailing about like a drunken fish.

hmmmm on further consideration of the setup I agree, though probably not for the reason you think.

unvote;

vote: chaco
This is when my behavior changed.

The reason was that town can't force a lynch.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
votecount

chaco - gorf mac adum

dat ***** chaco was scum! he has 24 hrs to choose a townie to confirm as innocent!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
By "the reason" I explicitly mean the reason my plan wouldn't work.

I expressed a desire to lynch myself before the only reason I backed off on it was because I had no way to pull it off because of the lack of town control.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i know you're scum but i like arguing with ppl on the internet so imma respond to you anyways

1. Scum can delay past d1 at which point town loses their dayvig/free confirmation. Or if scum is truly convinced that town has the right reads then it's a perma-stalemate. It's to town's advantage to lie about their reads in this setup.
delay past d1? what? how? this doesn't make sense. perma stalemate isn't an issue either

2. Bingo motherf***er. Chaco was literally throwing **** against the wall to see what sticks and you still lynched me, I can't convince people for sh**.
we didn't lynch you, we lynched chaco. like point 1 this also doesn't make sense

3. Wait you didn't know this? Town lynched d1 doesn't die and is instead confirmed as town, then gets to pick a dayvig target. This is very non-optimal situation because since I'm unconfirmed you now think I'm scum.
i know the setup, it's stil sub-optimal to get yourself lynched. also by the point that you claim to have started putting your plan in action there was no reason to suspect that I couldn't be convinced you were town. I didn't have an open scum read on you at that point. (and by your own admission later you said it seemed like i swithced on you from thinking you were town to thinking you were scum, so you should have thought that I had a townie read on you. ofc you're now saying this weird behavior was all part of your plan)

4. The point was actually getting your and chaco's votes on me on the same time, which was the problem.
why'd you abandon your plan and vote chaco then? I made it clear I was willing to lynch either of you and chaco had to vote you cuz he said you were obvscum, and by that point i would have easily switched. seems like you gave up too easy

5. Lol, so why am I suddenly switching to explaining everything? This setup advantages town lying about everything now and once they have lynch control again playing with their cards on the table.
you're explaining everything now becuz you wanna pretend that there was a reason for your scummy behavior obviously. this set up does not advantage town lying about everything whatsoever.

also i don't see how saying you had a town read on Gorf (cuz of his question) would have fit into your plan of getting yourself lynched.

so many holes / issues with everything you're saying and the more you post the further you dig yourself in deep

@ Chaco Chaco hurry up n name me town so we can end the game

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
i know you're scum but i like arguing with ppl on the internet so imma respond to you anyways

delay past d1? what? how? this doesn't make sense. perma stalemate isn't an issue either
Deadline, it's only 5 days. No lynch day 1 obviously. That's the entire reason I was willing to make myself such a clear lynch target.

why'd you abandon your plan and vote chaco then? I made it clear I was willing to lynch either of you and chaco had to vote you cuz he said you were obvscum, and by that point i would have easily switched. seems like you gave up too easy
Cause I had no way to force an actual lynch on me without showing my hand, I was hoping the damn obvious chain of events would in retrospect convince you that I was telling the truth. If you had stuck on me I had a legit chance of getting chaco to pull to me.

also i don't see how saying you had a town read on Gorf (cuz of his question) would have fit into your plan of getting yourself lynched.
This is obvious, I had to make scum think I was going to kill you and to do that I needed them to think I had one of them as a townbro.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
EBWOP:

Deadline, it's only 5 days. No lynch day 1 obviously. That's the entire reason I was willing to make myself such a clear lynch target.

Cause I had no way to force an actual lynch on me without showing my hand, I was hoping the damn obvious chain of events would in retrospect convince you that I was telling the truth. If you had stuck on me I had a legit chance of getting chaco to pull to me.

This is obvious, I had to make scum think I was going to kill you and to do that I needed them to think I had one of them as a townbro.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
yo i just noticed that we all initially posted in the order that we were introduced

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
kinda sorta prod dodge in case i cant tackle this tonight, school + work combo is mad gay :c

g **** @ lynching chaco, adumbs play was excruciatingly shady and the "lying about your reads" schtick goes completely down the toilet if youre still claiming that mac's early play is a clear cut towntell since that was literally the first bit of content you posted.

bbl, peace thread :cool:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
kinda sorta prod dodge in case i cant tackle this tonight, school + work combo is mad gay :c

g **** @ lynching chaco, adumbs play was excruciatingly shady and the "lying about your reads" schtick goes completely down the toilet if youre still claiming that mac's early play is a clear cut towntell since that was literally the first bit of content you posted.

bbl, peace thread :cool:
Actually posting that was a mistake, but I hadn't come to the conclusion that there was no way for town to force a lynch on anyone d1.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I shouldn't have been free with my mac townread, if i understood the setup's issues properly b efore I posted that I wouldn't have been

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@Mac

Ok, explain this to me, what possible scum reason is there to play like I did?

Instant 180 on a townread, immediately after I stated that my initial plan of getting myself lynched wouldn't work (for reasons I wouldn't explain).

Refusing to explain literally anything.

Flailing around like a drunken fish.

There is literally no scum reason for this type of play, all it does is attract negative attention.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
die scum die

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
it's always town's fault for lynching a townie. I gave you a full explanation of my play which completely explains my behavior and you're not even bothering to consider why I'd play like I did as scum.

But in retrospect you're right about one thing. I should've stuck to my guns. Because no matter how obviously right I am, nobody ever believes me, better chance of convincing the lynch to swing onto me without letting scum know I was playing.

Just like in bingo, where chaco was lying through his teeth the entire motherf***ing time and nobody even bothered to factcheck.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
mac is town!

leaving the other 2 players in an INTENSE fight to the death!

3 alive. 2 to lynch

who will ball? who will get ****ed outta hear thru hardbody?

Top Bottom