• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

STL BarWarz Spring Melee Tourney Results

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Doubles:
1: Ripple and Dart
2: Shinobi and DickCheese
3: Hylian and Genoblast
4: Riio and Bieber
5: Tosh and Roux
5: Atma and BlitzBolt
7: Eo and MOJOE

Singles:
1/2 (split): Atma
1/2 (split): Dart
3: Bieber
4: DickCheese
5: Shinobi
5: Blitzbolt
7: Genoblast
7: Ripple
9: Karl
9: Riio
9: Hylian
9: Eo
13: MOJoe
13: Potter
13: Billy
13: Tosh
17: Professor Lex
17: Shard

Amateur:
1: Youngling
2: Legan
3: Potter
4: MOJoe
5: Billy
5: Tosh
7: Shard
7: Professor Lex

Attachments

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Thanks to everyone for coming out on such short notice! I was convinced that this tourney wasn't going to happen in April until a week and a half ago, but it did. Thanks also for being patient and understanding about the lack of livestream and about the giant middle-aged crowd that showed up and pushed the other gamers into our space. Both of these things are unusual circumstances for the STLBW crew.

Shout outs to:
MOJoe- Thank you SOO much for showing up even earlier than I did to be ready to help. Even though I had no success in setting up the livestream, it was still very helpful to have you handy. Thanks for getting all the stations prepped for tourney so that I had several less things to stress about
Shard- Cookies are one of my top 3 comfort items, and it was super nice to be able to hoard them at my table. And sorry about the awkward response on Samus training--now that you're living close that will definitely be happening, but obviously not all the time XD
Tosh- I'm glad to be the one to have broken both your college-tourney virginity in 2004, and your real tourney virginity in 2013. I didn't put you against Dart on purpose :p Mostly, I'm glad to have had an old friend there with me that I could enjoy a beer with and die in doubles as men.
Atma- Why did you split? And how are you going to let Eo take a match off you in pools? I guess Eo really is better than Bieber.
Ripple- I almost told you not to pick Samus against Sam/sinister/dickcheese, but I didn't feel like a TO should be advising people. He's like a Borg that's immune to Samus. We didn't get our dittos in, but that's okay. Samus dittos are usually boring... I'll make sure to get you next time.
Professor Lex- Thanks for being the brave man from the fighting game community at BarWarz to step forward and try your hand at some competitive smash. I know you got 2-0'd in everything, but what I was seeing wasn't far behind. You're always welcome to come back, out to smashfests, etc...
Legan- It was nice meeting you. I think I might have played against you in the last tourney in doubles... but I can't remember. Come to some smashfests. Link mains are rare.
Potter- Again, it's great to see old friends. Thank you for not getting drunk prior to pools this time =D I think you finished your sets before anyone this time... despite arriving 3 hours late. Love you bro.
Billy- Marth is a bad MU to pick against Samus. See you in July.
Bieber- smh
Shinobi- Thank you for the recording setup. I was really banking on that live stream to happen, but thank you for going through all the trouble to set up the recording. And I'm entering the next tourney I host, and your pocket sheik will no longer work.
Blitzbolt- I really need to play against you more often. I didn't get the opportunity to this tourney. It's always great seeing you, so you should come to smashfests more! :)
Dart- Thanks for making this a hype tourney! I also really appreciated the tips on the Samus-Marth MU. It was great to have a chance to play against you. I may be transferring my part time job to Peoria, so more may be in our future.
Karl- I played you in a match, but we didn't really get to talk much :/ Hope you had fun man.
Youngling- Great job taking Amateur Bracket. You know your parents have to pay taxes on the winnings, right?
Hylian- For some reason it just feels so iconic or legendary to have you there. I guess it's cuz you're an admin and everyone on the boards knows you. Thanks for the help with the bracket. I can always take tips and criticism on TO'ing... and smashing in general ;) It's great to have you around.
Genoblast- I've not played against you in nearly a year now. We're well overdue. I've gotten better, so I'm up for the challenge. I can't believe how well you and Hylian did in Doubles! Riio and Bieber are no joke. Too bad 3rd was only $7 :( Next tourney will have more hype and more money.
Dickcheese- How long do I have to keep calling you D i c k cheese? Anyway. It's awesome to see you put work in in tourney. Hope you had fun, and we'll see you at more STL events. And I still have shinobi's fork. Next time you guys host a COMO State-wide smashfest, I will be bicycling from STL to COMO for the occasion. It's always fun being ***** by dickcheese.
Eo- YOU TOOK A STOCK OFF ATMA!!! Def better than Bieber. Bieber got your quarters when he placed 3rd.

Alright, it was great to have all of you there. Come to the next one. It will be better and hopefully more notice

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Alright, Riio and Biebs are johning about not getting real shout outs.

Riio- I avoided playing you because I play you all the time. I thought for sure you and bieber would see sam and Shinobi in dubs bracket, but dat hylian+geno upset :( I guess that's not really an upset. I'm def down for teaming again in teh future. Good work in singles.

Bieber- It's hard to believe you can take out sinister when I can't hold a candle to him, but I can bomb you to death in friendlies. You're seriously one of the most thoughtful players ive come across, but I hadn't realized it til your long set against atma a couple weeks ago. Still, atma 3-0'd you in tourney, but he didn't 3-0 Eo in pools. This is a mixed shout out. I'm struggling to give you a compliment without the backhandedness. I did forget to thank you for driving back from SMYM, I couldn't have stayed awake without you. And I definitely want you commentating next tourney, you've got the voice and the knowledge base for some quality stuff. And HBox+Plup, I'd love to do a teams tourney with you sometime. Screw-attack to rest combos all day. Omg, you killed my partner in dubs. All 5 stocks.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Actually screw attack to rest doesn't seem practical.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
I also wanted to open myself up to take comments/criticisms on how you felt the tourney went. Some things I know I could've done better, and some things were out of my control. Fire away.

Bieber

Smash Apprentice
wtf, blake just go dk and get top 3. :c
nah sinister would've ***** ripple's dk. ripple i do think you should've gone samus a bit more though, it was looking nice against austin. at least against jeremy you def could've beaten him with samus

mini shoutouts
devin, thanks for hosting
kuang, lame that we had to play. i know you said you wanted to play gayer against me next time we meet up, if you still wanna try that you should study peepee and hungrybox's set from impulse and see how much he does with stage control and walling out hbox. i had fun teaming, we were definitely starting to get in sync by the end of the tourney. let's win romo real quick
austin, if you try camping me like that again i'm gonna kick you in the ****
sam, i know you weren't playing your best but thanks for playing out the set anyway. i hope you weren't serious about this being your last tourney because i feel like you me and jace are all pretty close in skill so it makes for a nice little missouri triangle rivalry thing
dart, thanks for the friendlies. nice job wrecking me in pools, i promise i'll make it closer next time
binyan, f u
steak and shake x2, mmmmMMM
fox, f u

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
shoutouts-
i hate everyone

and paul it probably won't be my last tournament, but i don't really have much fun playing anymore and have (what i think is) carpal tunnel. so i won't be practicing ever and will probably go to even less tournaments than i do which is barely possible. so don't expect any competition. if austin ever has another como smashfest i'll be there. probably. but it's all the way upstairs so i'm not sure.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I spent the entire day previous to this practicing my marth specifically because I wanted to challenge shinobi because I don't have confidence in my samus in singles at all. and my marth got pooped on that day. super disappointing. but I guess I'm not a real marth player and I'll stick with samus and yoshi from now on.

shoutouts to everyone I played, it was fun. got a little tired at the end, so sorry if I didn't seem into playing.

Paul: why didn't we play other than doubles? I always want to play against you.

also looking for feedback on my yoshi and doubles specifically

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
shoutouts-
i hate everyone

and paul it probably won't be my last tournament, but i don't really have much fun playing anymore and have (what i think is) carpal tunnel. so i won't be practicing ever and will probably go to even less tournaments than i do which is barely possible. so don't expect any competition. if austin ever has another como smashfest i'll be there. probably. but it's all the way upstairs so i'm not sure.
lol I love sheik mains <3

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Devin - Great job hosting the tournament :). Sad we didn't get to play any.

Atma - GG's and good seeing you again, thanks for going peach the second game in singles. Marth isn't fair against my rusty fox lol.

Dart - Nice seeing you again, the PM friendlies were fun. One day you will conquor Ivysaur I promise ;).

Bieber - GG's you are pretty damn good at this game ha. I sure couldn't have gotten third.

Blitzbolt - I had a lot of fun talking to you and getting destroyed in fox dittos by you haha, get better at the match-ups we were talking about, you shouldn't be losing those :).

GenoBlast - We are awesome in teams even though we don't play this game anymore lmao.

Ripple - Good seeing you again, our set was a lot of fun. I enjoy the samus match-up with fox a lot.

Karl - I don't think we got to play any :(. Next time!

Riio - Fun friendlies at the end of the tournament :)!

Tosh - Good games man, hope you keep playing, you'll be good once you learn all the hard stuff :p.

Shard - The cookies were awesome!!!! We should make sure to play next time.

Anyone I forgot...sorry I have horrible memory ha.

Youngling

Smash Journeyman
Daniel - thanks :-). had a good time playing friendlies with you

Devin - thanks also. and thanks for running the tourney. even though I showed up late i could tell you were running everything pretty smoothly.

Corey - those were some really fun sets. definitely one of the funnest times I've had during a tourney set. your link is legit. OH and when you told me you were gonna split I thought you meant split as in leave the tourney early LOL. didnt realize what you meant until you were still at the tourney when GFs was about to start. and then I realized I probably sounded like a total douche for being like "alright that's fine!" lol. trust me i wouldnt have accepted anything if you would've won. definitely one of the nicest/coolest smashers I've ever met.

Dr. Potter

Smash Rookie
lol, Ripple's Yoshi.

Devin, these are fun even though I suck; if you keep hosting them I'll keep going and getting *****.

Also, don't thank me too quickly for not getting drunk. I was just still hung over from the previous night.

SS4 Shinobi

Smash Cadet
BarWarz tourneys are always fun! hope they keep comin! As always nice job runnin the tourney Devin especially on such short notice. Glad I brought my recording setup, too bad the live stream didn't work out. Next time ur entering the tourney and destroyin some spacies! haha. also u better watch out for my sheik. i'm trying to seriously pick her up, so she's only gettin better!
Shoutizzles:
King Siegfried- Glad u were able to make it. i didn't realize how good u got. taking first is a real accomplishment nice job!
atma- always fun playin u. ur one of the few people that are better than me who main chars that i don't hate. and thats hard to pull off as a sheik. lol of course u ***** me with peach this tourney. see u at the next one.....as long as u attend!!!! also thanks for rootin for me vs paul. lmao f puff!
Dart- don't think i played u once in singles at all, but fun playin u in doubles. pretty clutch up b oos for grand finals. though i shoulda had u before! haha. i think i stepped on a lil salt. also just so u know, i totally got trail to turn completely around in his seat in ur set with him at smym caus i was rootin for ya. haha.
Bieber- i don't like playin gay but **** jiggs. it's the best way in my mind. don't like the risks of being offensive vs that ****. haha. but next time, u better expect an even gayer fox...sorry dawg. but as for now, it seems ur still a lil better than me. nice job beatin sinister of course, even when he sucks he's still someone to be happy about beatin. maybe if u get ur fill of teamin with kuang at the next rolla tourney, we could team one last time if possible before u head away for the summer. then i'll be with kuang all day!
D i c k Cheese- screw ur name and screw ur mario. we woulda won teams if u woulda stayed sheik!
Blitzbolt- u and I are at such similar skill levels. much fun fox dittoing u in all those friendlies. also nice job reppin missouri foxes and beatin ripple too! haha (he's comin back with a vengeance)
genoblast- didn't play u in singles, but teams was fun. our last match was wak, but other than that nice job teaming with hylian and beating riio and bieber. i def wasn't expecting that.
ripple- close set again! glad u come to these. wish we coulda had u on the mic again for some commentary. also ur yoshi was doing work in teams! except when u camped the ledge with eggs.....me and sinister never ledge camp....haha
karl- i swear if u were to practice more everyday or somethin, u'd be one of the best of us! luckily for now we have a chance of beating u with ur tech skill handicap! haha. always fun playin wit ya. hope u get more time playing wit st louis at those smashfests mr supervisor!
riio- great ass set vs blitz and nice job beating him! from what i remember u used to be pretty scared of him! haha. we're improving!!!! also when we team, we're gunna **** kids like jace and frizzle. lmao. u and bieber need to practice and study vids from this tourney and beat those 2 at romo!
hylian. need to play u some. never did in singles. nice job beatin bieber in singles and doubles btw! i wish ur singles match vs bieber was recorded :(
Eo- u got me down to one stock in one of our pools matches! quit getting better so i don't have to be a campy hoe with fox! haha. also sucks u had to play ripple and dart first in doubles :( they're not good or anything....
MoJoe- holy CRAP nice improvement from last time i played u! u comboed my from 0 to like 80 that first stock of the match. ur tech skill has vastly improved! i honestly think u'd be a lot better if u shot more lasers and of course remember to stop the easy urge of side B ing back on the stage for recovery. up B more and sweet spot the ledge. up B is harder to edge guard than side b. anywho, try to play more with the st louis guys at them smashfests!!!! i can tell that u would greatly improve from playing with bieber/riio/eo/karl/shard/roux/anyone else that might show up to those on a regular basis.
Potter- If i remember correctly u and billy's goal was to not get last? lol and both of u didn't so nice job! haha still wish a mic for commentating woulda been up so that u could keep us all further entertained while we rewatch our sets!
Billy- same as potter, glad u didn't get last! lol. not bad for playing twice a month maybe? haha. also don't worry about how u performed later in the night. u prolly already know this, but it happens. some people might think otherwise....cough sinister cough....but we're still only human. and smash is one the hardest games out there. so physically and mentally demanding. i'll be postin our friendly vids up soon (ish)
tosh- don't think i know u or played u at all. lol if i forgot than im just a terrible person. so uh....keep playin smash! haha
professor lex- same as tosh ^ (im lazy)
shard-****ing amazing god damn cookies!!!! haha. they went so fast! hope u can fit in a little smash in between ur football schedule/life. and yeah now that ur closer to devin, u should play with him more a learn what he knows about samus! he knows his samus!

Dart!

Smash Master
Don't know what you mean by stepping on a little salt Austin!

Also GGs everybody, got ***** in GFs AGAIN! I need to sleep before tourneys again.

SS4 Shinobi

Smash Cadet
Haha it was supposed to be a joke. I was sayin I'm slightly salty about losing that last match in teams grand finals. Of course only at myself.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
hylian. need to play u some. never did in singles. nice job beatin bieber in singles and doubles btw! i wish ur singles match vs bieber was recorded :(
You would destroy me hah, I'm too rusty to do Fox dittos.

I can teach you how to destroy to Jigglypuff though :).

Top Bottom