• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stingers' Luigi (Amazing)

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
first video

:28 probably first time I ever saw dtilt spike in my life LOL

:42 stop airdodging habits

:43 jab to dthrow = starts combos

:47 should have powershielded and punish accordily, alot of ganons will throw out a falling Nair

:50, you should have Dair to gimp him.

1:08 your really lucky you airdodged his jab, or else you would have died

1:11- 1:14 = wtf was that? you were too scared to throw out a Bair to his face.

1:15-1:16 = your aggressiveness caused you a stock, also you shouldnt use fair as a gimp nor should have needed to use your second jump.

1:45 again stop trying to gimp him with fair

1:48 learn how to wall tech.

2:03 nice use of fireball, leading to a fsmash ftw.

just from the first video, overall I think your luigi is way too inpatient and aggressive. I know it's a ganon and you can be aggressive and combo demon on him all you want, but note that if you do make a mistake he'll punish it accordily and he's one of the best punishers in the game, again learn how to be abit calm it almost looks like you button mash lulz.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
What he said.... ^^^^
But seriously, thats the best advice you can get don't be to aggressive unless it is a Bowser you are fighting.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Yesh!

Thanks for the advice bros.

Being defensive with Luigi is ?_? though. You'd have to powershield everything to deal with that annoying slide...

Someone needs to make an AT that stops shield slide XD

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
What he said.... ^^^^
But seriously, thats the best advice you can get don't be to aggressive unless it is a Bowser you are fighting.
I understand being aggressive is fun and all but it does have it's drawbacks and if you make a mistake it most likely you'll be punished. BUT! it goes vice versa too, if people make a lousy mistake they'll Mama luigi shoryukening them to heaven.

i love hippies advice, its so perfect.
I know I'm pretty perfect too /phailjoke.

Yesh!

Thanks for the advice bros.

Being defensive with Luigi is ?_? though. You'd have to powershield everything to deal with that annoying slide...

Someone needs to make an AT that stops shield slide XD
Yea again as I said above, it's hard not being offensive. From what I believed and look at it now, the biggest challenge for ANY luigi player is overcoming how to ulitize his defensive game to the fullest extent.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Being defensive with luigi is alot less about shielding attacks, and alot more about keeping your distance and waiting for an opening. Perfect shields are great for punishing an approach, but sliding away is no problem. All it does is reset you. You're back out of range again, and you get to watch for another opening.

As for the 1:15 hippie was talking about, if you had used that second jump for a tornado you probably would have gotten a stage gimp AND survived.

I ****ing love your music btw.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Being defensive with luigi is alot less about shielding attacks, and alot more about keeping your distance and waiting for an opening. Perfect shields are great for punishing an approach, and everything else which will most likely lead to a shoryuken <3but sliding away is no problem. All it does is reset you. You're back out of range again, and you get to watch for another opening.

As for the 1:15 hippie was talking about, if you had used that second jump for a tornado you probably would have gotten a stage gimp AND survived.

this man over here says the truth about defensiveness. listen to him and praise him :chuckle:

stingers

Smash Obsessed
You...like the music?

It was supposed to be normal game sounds and ****, but for some reason it wasn't recorded with the video.

So I had to use Youtube's ****ty AudioSwap feature. With a selection of like, 15 songs.

You...enjoy it?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
eugh

I've already come to the conclusion that Luigi's projectile is trash and needs to be used sparingly.

Sorryyyyyyy

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
eugh

I've already come to the conclusion that Luigi's projectile is trash and needs to be used sparingly.

Sorryyyyyyy
O_O

Luigi's Fireball is how i set up 75% of my kills, and a lot of my gimps. It may not be as easy to use as Mario's, but I wouldn't give that green fire up for anything (except thunder).

kigbariom

Smash Lord
eugh

Sorryyyyyyy
1. That's Mama Luigi to you Stingers!

2. Not trash, the Luigi boards have been down this road but fireballs are key to Luigi's game, the are mindgames, combo setups, c-c-c-combo breakers, and best of all the can stop enemies approaches like the infamous SH>Fireball

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Except short hop dair -> retreating fireball = sex. I'm pretty sure I use it really really effectively in a vid I have in the grime hall somewhere. I don't know if other Luigi's do this, but if they don't... they should. Swastikapyle knows how good this is, I've learned to outcamp his Zelda O_O

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Because good Luigi players don't use fair (except for very situational edgeguards). It has crap range, worse priority, and no KB. Plus the hitbox doesn't stay out as long. Most Luigi mains know this...

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Because good Luigi players don't use fair (except for very situational edgeguards). It has crap range, worse priority, and no KB. Plus the hitbox doesn't stay out as long. Most Luigi mains know this...
I almost dropped Luigi for his d-air and f-air nerfs T__T

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I don't main Luigi...Lol

Also, that doesn't explain why using dair makes more sense then fair considering fair has more horizontal range which is all you need while retreating

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Because dair has an extended hitbox, spike capability, and it is overall stronger and it is very very fast to comeout, and a SH>FFDAIR is a perfect quick attack.
If you are retreating use bair...

stingers

Smash Obsessed
if you shoot a fireball towards them you can't do a bair in their direction after. otherwise that'd be obvious.

dair having an extended hitbox would only help if they shoot a projectile it could cancel out and it would have to hit his feet somewhere, so that's incredibly situational. spike capability is useless while retreating unless you're in teams or something, and fair comes out fast too so i don't see your point there

WeedLuigi

Smash Apprentice
Being defensive with luigi is alot less about shielding attacks, and alot more about keeping your distance and waiting for an opening. Perfect shields are great for punishing an approach, but sliding away is no problem. All it does is reset you. You're back out of range again, and you get to watch for another opening.

So its more like a spacing thing...???

kigbariom

Smash Lord
............................................................................................ *cough*

Top Bottom