• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sticker Power Up Ideas?

listentomook

Smash Apprentice
"you must recover" sticker - obviously adds +10 to recovery skillz

i think a bullet bill would be cool, +5 and knockback to running attack

^WE HAVE A WINNER!^
Looks like general stats, but what they mean is somewhat vague:
Launch Power +
Launch Resistance +
[Arm] Attack +
[Weapon] Attack +
[Slash] Attack +
[Electric] Attack +
[Flame] Attack +
[Slash] Resistance +
There's more, but you would need to scroll to see them.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Ridley.

Instant Win.

Can't think of anything un-humorous or stats that there are.

-Onyx

adam350z

Smash Cadet
I almost cried...just hoping that this was only for SE, I was so glad when I reached the bottom and saw that it can't be in regular brawls!

listentomook

Smash Apprentice
I think this is a really good idea, stickers boost your character...but if your opposed to the rpg aspect of it all, you can just choose to refrain from using them to "help" you along. You have the choice to just screw around and make a frost paladin level 99 starfox...or you can just go it out naked.

Saor Gael

Smash Apprentice
I kind of wish there was a special Brawl mode that allowed you to use stickers.

This is a pretty neat and clever idea.

Actually on-topic . . .

Sonic (+Running Speed)
Bowser (+Weight)
Link (+Slashing power)
Samus (+Projectile power)

Non-character ones:
Mushroom (+Weight)
Iron Boots (Increased Knockback Resistance)
Giant's Knife (+Slashing power)

That's all I can think of off-hand.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
Impressive.

-Soren (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance)
Magic Attack +5
Magic Resistance +5
Medium size

-Luma (Super Mario Galaxy)
Recover 1% damage per 10% damage taken
Medium size

Metroid (Metroid series)
Recover 1% damage per 20% damage dealt
Large size

-Wind Fish (Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening)
Immune to any attacks involving sound
Large size

-Slippy Toad (Star Fox series)
Running Speed +4
Small size

-Rouge (Sonic the Hedgehog series)
Jump length +6
Medium size

-Metal Gear (Metal Gear)
Immune to explosion-based moves
Huge size (takes up half the trophy stand)

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
[Magic] Attack +

anyone think this would include Lucas and characters like him? (ex. Mewtwo (if he's in))

I mean, it'd not like they would give a stat to Zelda all for herself.

Which brings up another question, what attacks are considered slash and attack?

WarxePB

Smash Ace
[Magic] Attack +

anyone think this would include Lucas and characters like him? (ex. Mewtwo (if he's in))

I mean, it'd not like they would give a stat to Zelda all for herself.

Which brings up another question, what attacks are considered slash and attack?
Well, slash attacks are obviously sword-based moves. Attack probably refers to every attack (powers everything up).

Magic... I don't know. Zelda won't necessarily be the only one using magic; Ganondorf might use some magic in his moveset, and potential newcomers like Geno and Micaiah make extensive use of magic.
Lucas and Mewtwo probably also use the "Magic" stat, even if it doesn't make sense. There could very well be a "Psychic" stat for those two, or even just a generic "Special" stat.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Mach Rider

+10 Speed

Tom Nook

Able to pull items from the ground...

Walkie Talkie

Able to summon an uncontrollable clone of yourself.

Chuck Norris

+100 Strength, Weight, General Resistance, and General Attack Types.

Also, there is a 500% chance that your character will roundhouse kick the whole stage, resulting in a completion, a free "Unlock All" cheat code, and a picture of Samus taking her clothes off...

Again.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Screw Attack: Air Attacks +3
Sir Kibble: Slash Attacks +2
Raichu: Electric Attack +5
Zapdos: Electric Attack +10

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Awesome update for sure. I love it. Sakurai is giving a purpose for the little things. Coins, trophies, and now stickers... I'm amazed at his genius and the intellect of his staff. ****!!

If you look closer, one sticker (Mona from Warioware, increases slash - so I'm guessing her sticker powers up sword users). So yeah, another is the fortune teller Katrina from Animal Crossing, and she adds magic points (assuming Zelda). Another one adds resistance to the legs, so I'm thinking this makes us more like the heavy characters, and makes it harder to get us off the ground. So definitely awesome power-ups. Sakurai was inventive when he made us work for the stickers and the trophies for better play in the modes. I thank his genius and his staff. He's making us collecting stickers and coins and trophies to unlock the secrets. We need the stickers probably to unlock stuff, beside rare stickers in the hard modes. All I can say is AWESOME!

As from what is seen, its likely the characters are just the same as that when we play them in multi-player. Like Super Sonic, these power-ups increase your stats, not work our way up the nerf ladder. So it is like an RPG. We work our way to like Lv. 100 (figuratively speaking). You know what I mean, until we have the best power-ups [and exclusive power-ups] on our characters.

I know some of you are saying you will never use this, but I think your forced too. If you don't, its going to be a supremely difficult way for you to unlock things in the harder modes. I mean, if we are to unlock new characters, we need to use the stickers since this game looks so hardcore for Nintendo fans and the difficulty ranks actually do look threatening.

I also love how Sakurai is making us gamble. If we lose, half of our stash is gone. However, if we persevere, then we get even more rewards to use.

PS: I love how that this game is so hardcore for Nintendo fans. Some games and characters can't be included as ATs, playables, items, or even bosses and stage backgrounds, so they are giving them some spotlight with the sticker power-up concept. I love it, and incredibly, it looks like its a highlight of Brawl's uniqueness compared to other multi-playing games. So much nostalgia.

Top Bottom