• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stevenson University Weeklys- Owings Mills, MD

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Hi all!

The Stevenson University crowd has been playing smash on thursdays for quite a while now, and I've just started going. There are plenty of scrubs, but we decided to have a tournament today, and will keep this trend going once school starts back up in the new year. We would love to have more people out *cough EE* but it is fun times.

There was no entry fee, and the ruleset was SBR certified (college kids are poor lol)
Metaknight was BANNED

Teams:

1: No Pressure (Tantalus + Sol3r) (G&W and Wolf)
2: Excitebike (VanillaWaffle + Motorbike) (Lucario + Pit)
3: Ebony + Ivory (Count Kaiser + Jarim) (G&W + Zelda)
4: more pylons (Kevin + Aron) (DK + Shiek)

Singles

1: Tantalus (Fox/R.O.B./G&W)
2: VanillaWaffle (Lucario)
3: Sol3r (Wolf)
4: Jarim (Zelda)
5: Aron (Shiek)
5: Count Kaiser (G&W)
7: Kevin (DK)
7: Motorbike (Pit)

We'll be doing this on a weekly basis in the new year, and I'll post results here. Hopefully some of these guys will start coming to REAL MD/VA tourneys soon! So don't close this thread.

Maybe some Carroll County/Baltimore County/Baltimore City players can come to this and teach the kids some real smash!

good games all!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yay Tant managed to win a scrub tourney!

That'll partially make up for the scrub tourney you got ***** at when there was actually money on the line ;)

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Yay Tant managed to win a scrub tourney!

That'll partially make up for the scrub tourney you got ***** at when there was actually money on the line ;)
Yeah I choked in PA yikes

Lost to a G&W...but I went ALL rob that was the problem, I should've switched to Fox/G&W to counter to throw him off base

But yeah, No one here could touch me, not even waffle, we played low tier in winners finals, and he won 2-0, so in Grand Finals, I beat him 6-0, 4 with Fox and 2 with R.O.B.

Figures i play my best when there is nothing at stake

Edit: JCaesar and EE you guys should come to the next one in Jan. once their semester starts up again. Maybe I can get them to bring $1 for the tourney- 2nd gets money back and winners takes the rest.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Inui do you really need to troll this tiny local tourney thread just because most people dislike MK?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Inui do you really need to troll this tiny local tourney thread just because most people dislike MK?
I agree - please stop giving your opinion on Meta Knight and tiers in every single results thread, Inui.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
ultimately it didn't matter there were no mk mains anyways, but i was like "should i ban mk" and they were all like "YES" so i was likw "lol ok"

most of the matches were recorded with commentary as well, but it was so bad that we might remove that sound bit. between this and ch4.5 i should have plenty of good vids for tant on youtube.

inui its all a matter of perspective on who is annoying to fight. for mk, its those opponents you listed. but for a rob main, its meta who is the boring annoying one to play. falco or the others arent that annoying when i use rob.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You know how many people disagree with your opinion, and what results from posting it in the results thread of a tourney you didn't even attend. Or you should, considering it's been practically the same result at least five separate times. Don't flamebait under the guise of "I was only posting my opinion," please.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
post in tournaments listings when the next one of these are. owings mills is actually close to where i live.ill bring 3 people more and wii and tv setup.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
i'll post in this thread for the next time there is a tourney. they will start around 6 pm or so and if we have more than 6 people we'll only do singles.

can't wait to see evryone there! probably $1 entry fee.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Well the only reason there was a tourney in the first place is because I got invited to go.

Before I came, they were playing with one projector, sharing controllers, 5 stock, items, smash balls, and all stages on random. They thought Wolf was top tier.

So if 20 smashboards people show up, all the scrubs will go home lol and they will stop coming back. When the new year starts up, Game Club is on thursday nights, and if there are enough people and time we can do a tourney. I will let everyone know when the next one is.

Top Bottom