Steve Is Digging Smash! Steve from Minecraft Support Thread (Maybe He'll DIG his way into the DLC roster)

Tetrin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
>When you start imagining a possible Minecraft stage and the way you imagine it sounds fantastic, hyping you for Minecraft content in Smash.

View attachment 191217
The possibilities for a stage are endless. I'd recommend a stage in that combines the different overworld biomes in the backdrop, but is primarily an oak forest.

JDCabrera

Smash Legend
NNID
Wakagoodbiehello
Switch FC
SW-0890-1538-2701
The possibilities for a stage are endless. I'd recommend a stage in that combines the different overworld biomes in the backdrop, but is primarily an oak forest.
I would like that too.
The layout could work similar to Super Mario Maker too, where it is random each time you play a match and many elements of the stage get destroyed or messed by Minecraft enemies or the fighters themselves.

-goes to Minecraft subreddit

-sees a build of an evil ritual thing

-wants to report

-doesn't know what it would fall under when reporting

-why don't they just let you type a reason :urg:

-the comment section has some people meming it and the creator being creepy :glare:

edit: well I tried reporting anyway and it gave me an option to block the user; thankfully I can't see it anymore but I still hope they remove it...

Gosh...at least most of the posts are wholesome or normal and not absurd...

Last edited:

Electrichu300

Smash Journeyman
NNID
supermariolink35
I'll let Kevin Hart describe how I feel about this:

https://youtu.be/OLlErN22r18

While I do see that he is popular or his game is. I still don’t think he would get in over banjo chief or hell even Conker.
1 look at mega man when was his last game.
2 look at cloud he is from FF7 not the first FF or the latest.
3 this game is for the fans...
So Mega Man 11 doesn't exist. Okay.

RileyXY1

Smash Lord
Sorry Steve supporters, but the 5Chan Leak (that claimed that the other 4 DLC characters are Erdrick, Steve, Doomguy, and Ryu Hayabusa) has been proven fake.

Chinderblock

Whip It Good
Premium
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
NNID
Irene4
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think he means that Steve is no longer as certain as people were making him out to be thanks to that fake 5chan leak.
Pretty much. I mean, I think MInecraft content will be in the game if Microsoft is involved, but Steve isn't a guaranteed playable character. Still has good chances, though.

TheBeastHimself

Having a Bad Fur Day
Premium
The Microsoft situation is all sorts of weird because while Bill Spencer did specifically mention Banjo, that doesn't automatically dequalify anyone else from Microsoft. But at the same time, it makes me wonder if they would add a different character from Microsoft instead of Banjo, even though Bill mentioned him. I wouldn't doubt the inclusion of Minecraft content because literally anything can happen in these coming months, and I don't think the 5chan leak being debunked lowers Steve's chances because, like I said, literally anything could happen in the future. We just have to wait and see.

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW 6259 3694 6593

Chinderblock

Whip It Good
Premium
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
NNID
Irene4
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mentioned this in the Banjo thread yesterday, but the thing to note is that Sakurai uses figures such as that when developing movesets. A lil visual aid.
Exactly. All this at best points to is that he's using something Minecraft related for a fighter. So it may make Steve more likely, not hurt his chances. I wouldn't look into it much, though. We still don't know what he used that robotic figure with a gun for at any point. Could've been Inklings for all we know(it had a energy rifle, specifically).

so I saw that CaptainSparklez's old Minecraft parodies are back up on youtube, and have been for some time. I thought they were taken down for good 'cause of copyright claims.

Fair Use ftw.

now if a Creeper gets into Smash, I want to see "Revenge" memes, except with the Creepers winning.

-as for the Sakurai thing, I don't think they were even talking about Minecraft, were they? Those guys may be from a popular Minecraft channel hosted in Japan, but from what I remember, people just said it was about Smash.

Last edited:

Swheepy

Smash Rookie
Minecraft is millions of peoples childhood and smash is a collection of everyone's childhoods.
Soooooooooooo it definitely deserves a spot on the roster as a newcomer.
He would have an extremely creative moveset. In fact, here is one I just threw together.
Up-B: Steve uses his fishing rod to tether to the ledge.
Neutral-B: Like Shulk's Monado selection expect its 6 different Minecraft weapons that are used until the durability runs out which makes his physical attacks worse because he is using his fists. The 6 weapons are Sword which has great damage but runs out quickly, Shovel which is standard but buries opponents when used, Axe which has great knockback and pretty good damage, Trident which is thrown at opponents and then quickly returns, Snowballs which do no damage and act like Squirtle's Neutral-B can be used to push opponents away, and Bow which fires arrows that are slower than links but more powerful.
Side-B: Steve rides on a minecart like Bowser Jrs side-B but it explodes when it hits an opponent.
Down-B: Steve places a lava bucket on the ground which spreads out and deals damage to opponents while slowing them.
His attacks all have a motion which is done but depending on what weapon Steve has chosen to use that attacks will do different effects.
I know it sounds like hell to program and design but think of the creative combos that use be used.
I can't wait for the day that a Steve main wins EVO.