• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steel City Smash - general thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdk

Smash Lord
so, if you don't mind a little goon asking, where do most of you live exactly (what part of the town/county, etc.) and how far do you usually go to pick certain people up?

BooThunder

Smash Journeyman
hey jordan watsup. awesome videos, quality wasnt great but u could tell what was going on the whole time. classic rob moments, too. I've been a smash fiend lately so we should get together and play sometime.

Tenshi no Meian

Smash Rookie
Yo J, What's happenin man? Been a minute since I've been on here but figured I'd pop in. By the way, I see you're still smashin with Doc. Hit me up sometime. I'm way out of practice on Smash...

PokemonTrainerLisa

Smash Apprentice
Hi everyone.

I'm back, after a long absence on these boards.

You may or may not know me, lol. XD

Anyway, I want everyone to know that my skills with Pikachu have GREATLY improved (you know, since Iceburgh took me to that Smashfest way back during - last year I think? I don't know, it was 30-mins away, in Shippensburgh or something...). But yeah, I've come a *long* way since then, and now I'm much better than I was before.

I mean, seriously, every Saturday at my dorms, we've been having Weekly Rankings matches. I'm still on the "Wannabe's" section currently, however, I plan to make it to C-Rank very soon.

Anyway, here's our current list:

http://www.smash.ripethings.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/Highlights03.avi

There's two scenes where I'm fighting a Link and doing pretty well (yay!!). And in one scene, well, let's just say I'm getting pwned by a Samus (ouch, that hurt!!). X.X

Renth

Smash Hero
Hi everyone.

I'm back, after a long absence on these boards.

You may or may not know me, lol. XD

Anyway, I want everyone to know that my skills with Pikachu have GREATLY improved (you know, since Iceburgh took me to that Smashfest way back during - last year I think? I don't know, it was 30-mins away, in Shippensburgh or something...). But yeah, I've come a *long* way since then, and now I'm much better than I was before.

I mean, seriously, every Saturday at my dorms, we've been having Weekly Rankings matches. I'm still on the "Wannabe's" section currently, however, I plan to make it to C-Rank very soon.

Anyway, here's our current list:

http://www.smash.ripethings.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/Highlights03.avi

There's two scenes where I'm fighting a Link and doing pretty well (yay!!). And in one scene, well, let's just say I'm getting pwned by a Samus (ouch, that hurt!!). X.X
no one cares kkthxbai.

PokemonTrainerLisa

Smash Apprentice
*ignores Renth's rude comment* (unless, were you being sarcastic, by any chance?)

I'm going to assume that you weren't being sarcastic.

Okay, um, that was harsh. Sheesh, talk about being at the wrong place at the wrong time. X_X Oh well, I guess that's what I get for "barging in" on that other thread, and posting an off-topic message there. X_X

Anyway though, to answer your question, takieddine, the Rankings take place every Saturday evening at the Allegheny Center. It's two dorm buidings, which are located on the North Side (near the post office and the Children's Museum...).

The Rankings always take place in the activity room/rec room of Building 7. The matches are all held on a big screen TV (I think it's like, a 52 inch or something like that...). Every match is recorded, by the way.

I am unsure of whether or not guests are allowed inside the rec area.

I know that people staying at the dorms, the residents - they can have a guest come over to their *room* (they can even stay overnight as well), but I am unsure about the activity room.

Also, all guests have to be at least 18, and you have to have an ID with you, in order to be "signed in" by a resident of the dorms. Yeah, we have like, real-tight security at my dorms - I dont know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom